Metropolitan Trucking

Metropolitan Trucking Employee Reviews

unorganized
Driver (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAMay 7, 2014
They wouldnt have loads for me when I would return from home time (if i even got my home time
nice equipment, low miles.
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAApril 22, 2014
Pros: new equipment
Cons: per diem paid, low miles
really a good part time job. Management seems to not care if you stay or leave their employment. Some dispatchers are not too friendly and don't care what miles you get.
Driving arcoss country was great
Semi-Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2014
Preforming all duties that were assigned to me as a truck driver. Load and unload, and sometime did collection and handle customers complaints.
Excellent Family Company
Driver (Current Employee), Bloomsburg PADecember 11, 2013
Pros: excellent payment and good benefits
Cons: weather
They hire people with at least 6 months previous experience or more. They have decent cents per mile. If you have 6 months or more they will pay you starting at 36 cents per mile over 450 miles. Between 37 and 1.00 per mile under 450 miles. Great company and great benefits. Northeast Regional have 48 hours reset home time. Every Friday after 5pm EST you will be arrive at your home. Northeast Regional make 1800-2200 miles per week. New truck only 1.5 years old our truck. If you have 6 months experience and looking for better money. Just apply online.
Not a very nice company at the end
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: don't try to leave (the right way by giving a notice)!!!!!!
I worked at Metropolitan for three years put in a two weeks notice three day later was called in and discharged. Later i found out that they had put some things in my DAC report that was not the truth to stop other company's from hireing me,and a lot of did't bacause of what Metropolitan said in my report. Thank god Navajo looked at the dates they said it and when they discharged and something didn't add up!!!!!!!!
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: free hotel stays when passing through the facility and free meals. also, the company has a open door policy.
I really liked my co-workers and my driver manager .The hardest part of the job was to be away from my home for two weeks at a time. the best part was when i was on my way home.
PRODUCTIVE AND GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK FOR
TRUCK DRIVER OTR (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PADecember 11, 2012
Pros: the drop yards, term.'s, staff, ect
Cons: snow, tolls
NORMAL OTR JOB. JUST DRIVE ALL YOU CAN ALOT OF THE TIME.LIKE EVERY 1 ELSE.LIKED FACT 95% TIME TRLRS WERE PRELOADED AND I JUST DROPPED AND HOOKED.MAKES ALOT DIFF. WHEN YOU CAN DROP AT NITE AND HOOK AND GET OUT OF THESE BIG CITY BEFORE THE DAILY TREAFFIC.THATS HOW YOU CAN GET AHEAD.GREAT CUSTOMERS.I DON'T CARE IF YOU WERE INMA,CT,NYC,NJ,PA,IL,RI,MS,CT,ECT..ALL THE CUSTOMERS WERE HELPFULL AND NICE PEOPLE TO WORK FOR.NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT IN MY WHOLE LIFE.
pays alright, trucks are older, they offer home time every weekend but driver managers sometimes dont get you there and dont seem to care
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PADecember 8, 2012
Pros: its regional, pay's ok
Cons: d m's don't care about their drivers, no driving on toll roads, have to have your own gps
most of the time you can make a delivery and get started on the next one that day. the farthest west you can go is texas so no trip is long miles. mostly live unload some drop and hooks. the best part is that you stay in the new england area but the worst part is that driver managers leave early on fridays and you can get stuck at terminals without a load home.
Productive and fun envirmont with friendly employees
Maintence (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMay 31, 2012
Pros: paid lunches, and company paid lunches.
Cons: no a/c in the summer.
First thing in the morning we would discuss what the workday would be. The things I learned was maintianing tractor and trailors. Mangement was very friendly and helpful with questions. The coworkers had alot of knoledge of the job and were always there to help. I felt there was nothing hard about my job. The most enjoyable part about my job was company paid lunches.

About Metropolitan Trucking

Welcome Drivers! Family is important to us and that is why we are always looking for opportunities to match our driver’s – Read more

Metropolitan Trucking Salaries