Metropolitan Trucking

Metropolitan Trucking Employee Reviews in United States

Good family atmosphere
Regional driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg,paOctober 15, 2015
If your regional expect 850 a week which sucks I was told average of 1050 a week never seen a check over 900 I was here for 2 months they ruined me they have direct tv for you to watch why you sit I proved I was hard runner , but the planners didn't care I ran from Chicago to akron you get a 400 mile run say at 8a.m but doesn't del in till 1300 the next day every driver knows they can drop that same day then I quit and agree to turn truck in on Saturday. And they put abandoment on my dac. So to rich I'll be seeing you in court
Pros
Cares about hometime
Cons
Not enough miles and the company turns evil at the end rich does.
This company has a great deal of hazmat freight if you are certified. But at times they have larger lulls in freight availability
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAAugust 23, 2015
I did quite a few hazmat runs starting from Connecticut going to Chicago Il. These loads were always the hardest part of the job because of the added responsibility and time consumption they always required. At times it seemed like I was the only driver available because many of the drivers were dropping their hazmat endorsement at the time.
The company did have other accounts that took me to the other parts of the country I listed in the general resume. I also enjoyed the pet friendly environment because I was able to have my Jack Russell as my companion.
I did like most of the dispatchers but like many companies there are always one or two dispatchers who do not know or understand what it is like on the road.
Pros
Had great facilities at their Bloomsburg, Pa operating Center
Cons
Not enough operating Centers and not enough freight
Excellent Family Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg PADecember 11, 2013
They hire people with at least 6 months previous experience or more. They have decent cents per mile. If you have 6 months or more they will pay you starting at 36 cents per mile over 450 miles. Between 37 and 1.00 per mile under 450 miles. Great company and great benefits. Northeast Regional have 48 hours reset home time. Every Friday after 5pm EST you will be arrive at your home. Northeast Regional make 1800-2200 miles per week. New truck only 1.5 years old our truck. If you have 6 months experience and looking for better money. Just apply online.
Pros
excellent payment and good benefits
Cons
weather
nice equipment, low miles.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAApril 22, 2014
really a good part time job. Management seems to not care if you stay or leave their employment. Some dispatchers are not too friendly and don't care what miles you get.
Pros
new equipment
Cons
per diem paid, low miles
pays alright, trucks are older, they offer home time every weekend but driver managers sometimes dont get you there and dont seem to care
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PADecember 8, 2012
most of the time you can make a delivery and get started on the next one that day. the farthest west you can go is texas so no trip is long miles. mostly live unload some drop and hooks. the best part is that you stay in the new england area but the worst part is that driver managers leave early on fridays and you can get stuck at terminals without a load home.
Pros
its regional, pay's ok
Cons
d m's don't care about their drivers, no driving on toll roads, have to have your own gps
Not a very nice company at the end
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 25, 2013
I worked at Metropolitan for three years put in a two weeks notice three day later was called in and discharged. Later i found out that they had put some things in my DAC report that was not the truth to stop other company's from hireing me,and a lot of did't bacause of what Metropolitan said in my report. Thank god Navajo looked at the dates they said it and when they discharged and something didn't add up!!!!!!!!
Pros
good money
Cons
don't try to leave (the right way by giving a notice)!!!!!!
Productive and great people to work for
TRUCK DRIVER OTR (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PADecember 11, 2012
Normal otr job. Just drive all you can alot of the time.Like every 1 else.Liked fact 95% time trlrs were preloaded and I just dropped and hooked.Makes alot diff. When you can drop at nite and hook and get out of these big city before the daily treaffic.Thats how you can get ahead.Great customers.I don't care if you were inma,ct,nyc,nj,pa,il,ri,ms,ct,ect..All the customers were helpfull and nice people to work for.Never seen anything like it in my whole life.
Pros
the drop yards, term.'s, staff, ect
Cons
snow, tolls
Productive and fun envirmont with friendly employees
Maintence (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 31, 2012
First thing in the morning we would discuss what the workday would be. The things I learned was maintianing tractor and trailors. Mangement was very friendly and helpful with questions. The coworkers had alot of knoledge of the job and were always there to help. I felt there was nothing hard about my job. The most enjoyable part about my job was company paid lunches.
Pros
paid lunches, and company paid lunches.
Cons
no a/c in the summer.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 24, 2013
I really liked my co-workers and my driver manager .The hardest part of the job was to be away from my home for two weeks at a time. the best part was when i was on my way home.
Pros
free hotel stays when passing through the facility and free meals. also, the company has a open door policy.
Driving arcoss country was great
Semi-Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2014
Preforming all duties that were assigned to me as a truck driver. Load and unload, and sometime did collection and handle customers complaints.
unorganized
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMay 7, 2014
They wouldnt have loads for me when I would return from home time (if i even got my home time