metropolitan Employee Reviews

Great job
Cashier/ Barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
It was a great work place. I enjoyed working here. Very fast paced job. There are many tourists so you must be very patient to deal with them. But overall a great place
Face paced and dynamic!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
The Metropolitan Opera has exciting and challenging employment opportunities in many different fields, and they are always looking for talented and skilled employees. I have enjoyed my time here!
A wonderful work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 5, 2018
This position allowed me to gain insight into workplace culture and expectations in the job market, while learning about the daily tasks and roles a marketing professional may encounter
Serious customer service with premium on work being fun
President (Former Employee) –  Butler, WIDecember 20, 2017
All that you need is a drive to improve your skills and knowledge in your field and management will help and encourage your growth. This is an opportunity to make it in the heating business. There is no ceiling. If you apply yourself, you will succeed.
Pros
Mentorship
Kin eye to detail
Processor (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 29, 2017
They are an ok place to work for but don't get your hopes up their health insurance sucks. They are losing doctor office to Trinity and will find any reason to let you go
Pros
An hour for lunch
Cons
Their insurance sucks
Over all
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 28, 2017
Overall the workers are good to work with the union is a joke but it is a good job hours are bad every 6 months u will have to transfer shops management is. Helpful
Pros
Pay and healthcare
Cons
Hours
great
Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 28, 2017
great work environment. healthy and happy. if hired, they'll guide and help grow, and help you build your resume. employees here are generally happy, which is rare when doing social work.
Many of these questions are not pertinent
VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Metropolitan construction is no longer in business. For over thirty years it was a beacon of quality construction, hard work and all things good. Since its acquisition, upper management depleted it and made it ineffective, hence it is out of business.
Service Desk is a working Environment
NOC Tech/ Service Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2017
Service Desk job at times were stressful, as Technology is always changing. I had a good Staff to work with. Service job allows you learn a lot new applications. You also learn how to interact with your clients.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lack of staff
Good place too work fast paced stressful environment.
Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Copley, OHSeptember 7, 2017
I loved working there. Every day was a new experience. The staff was very limited and made it hard to do your job right. Staff is underpaid for how much work and hard intense labor is done. Overall a great community of people to work in and a great place to learn.
fun and happy work enviorment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 31, 2017
I loved working at metro. They set me up at Davis elementary and I loved it. I got the job when I was 18, and got laid off off and on until 2017. If they had a more permanent position I would love to go back!!!!
Pros
diverse fun work enviorment relaxed orginized
Slow paced and relaxed workplace that pays minimum wage and gives few benefits.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2017
The job was easy to work with and the hours were flexible to allow me to go to school. However, the other clerks and I were payed minimum wage and the only benefit I can think of from the top of my head is discounts at the bookstore.
Pros
Discounts at bookstore, free lunch on special occasions, flexible hours
Cons
Minimum wage, few benefits, no promotions
Love it!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 22, 2017
The atmosphere is quiet, relaxing, and friendly. You are learning and working, working and learning. It's helpful to learn about your position while on and off the job for specific positions so that you'll be extremely helpful to your team. People are inspirational, humorous, and respectful at all times. There's nothing about working here that is a "con".
Pros
Great team
Cons
None at all
great job
Key Seasonal yard member (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 18, 2017
the job was good the employees/employer was kind and they compensated their employees generously and made sure that they were safe at all times ......
Very good workplace
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 22, 2017
A very good work place and fun to work for. They need more good workers and nice people like me. Wish they would clean the warehouse a little more. They need to clean up the place.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Healthcare
typical big box company
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Blossburg, PAApril 3, 2017
Promises are made to get you in the door, and then once there the quality changes. Loads are not preplanned like promised, and there is a lot of wait time, which takes away from any efficiency level that is to be maintained by the driver. Benefits are decent, and trucks are in good shape. Overall for a single person who has no other responsibilities, a good company.
Pros
satelite tv installed in trucks.
Cons
driver is not much more than a number, and the driver managers tend to have favorites that get loads first.
will do everything they can to not pay you
Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMarch 4, 2017
850 a week is all they allow you to earn cause its minimum pay. they don't have enough accounts to keep u moving. always schedule times so u arrive late then no detention time. plus the dispacthers are rude and unlikely to work with you about a day off
Pros
Cons
long hrs no pay
The residents are lovely
TSA-Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44115November 3, 2016
The Residents were lovely and the employees are more so a family. They will help you with your work if need be. My management at the time was very flexible.
Metropolitan Solutions, Corp is a great place to work..
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 18, 2016
Working for this company is a rich and rewarding experience. I use my extensive experience in leadership, finance accounting, auditing, executive management, programming, planning, and budget execution
it was a very nice place to work.
computer room /telecom tech (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 18, 2016
monitoring phone systems and setting up new work stations.management kept us informed about what was needed. co-workers were enjoyable to work with. the hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part. it was setting up training rooms for new employees
Pros
i was able to work at my own pace