METROSHOE WAREHOUSE Employee Reviews

Nice
Shipping/Stock (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 17, 2017
Day started off by receiving all the online orders and looking around the warehouse for the product and eventually once you have found all the items you end up shipping the items. Co workers were very friendly and no matter what would always try to have a conversation with you whether you were an introvert or extrovert because they were very kind people and honestly seem to care about the people they work with.
Pros
Close relationship with coworkers
Cons
Repetitive
Fun place to work
Ecommerce Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 12, 2017
I wish that I could be working there now but I unfortunately live too far away. I loved my boss and how willing she was to work with me around my work schedule. It was a great place to be involved at.
Competitive!
Comission sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 1, 2017
It's Fun place to work with fun people! It's competitive and very fast paced during the holidays. It's hard work but you get what you put into it. The hours seem long but the compensation is worth it
Pros
Commission
Cons
Short breaks
September 5, 2017

Money, but no life or respect
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 23, 2017
Personally, I never felt disrespected directly while working for Metroshoe Warehouse. But I couldn't list the countless times I saw other coworkers disrespected simply because a manager didn't care for them as a person, regardless of their work ethic. With that being said, that was a huge problem for me. Everyone should be held to the same standards regardless of who's friend with which manager. The amount of disrespect shown on the sales floor is definitely trickled down from the very top. The managers are disrespected by the owners, therefore the associates are disrespected by the managers, which sets the mood that everyone can disrespect everyone. I don't know about everyone else but that is not a work environment in which I am interested in working in.

I worked at Metro for quite a long time. Keeping my mouth shut when I saw things like this happening because honestly, negative things happened so often it was the norm. But now working at a company where everyone is held by the same standards, I look back and see all of the problems and it makes me feel bad for people who still work there in such a hostile work environment.

Although the environment as a whole was extremely negative, there were positives about working at Metro but in the end the negatives outweighed the positives which ultimately led to me looking for other opportunities.
Pros
Compensation, Coworkers, Discounts
Cons
Management, Hostile work environment
Just not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OKCJuly 17, 2017
Did not enjoy my time at metro. Poor (general) management and extremely ungrateful owners. It would be nice to feel appreciated every once in a while. If you're looking for that, MetroShoe is not the place for you, or me. No surprise the turnover rate is laughable, even managers leave left and right. Terrible morals, unfair, and simply not worth your weekdays or weekends. Apart from that, the fellow associates and backroom employees make the job more tolerable as we were all in it together. A few laughs here and there make the days more enjoyable, just don't get caught...
Pros
Commission
Cons
Hours, owners, management, scheduling, owners, ma...
Great compensation
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 19, 2017
Upper management would hold employees to a different standard than themselves. They set policies that they did not abide by. Constant double standard. Management made the job harder than it needed to be. Coworkers made the job enjoyable. The compensation was great, but not worth sanity.
Good College Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 13, 2016
The best part of the job was the employees. We were all very close. Management is terrible and they do not work well with scheduling issues as well as trying to ask off for events. I learned how to interact with people a lot better and how to problem solve. The most enjoyable part of the job was how easy it was to make money with customers present.
Pros
wages, employees
Cons
management, hours
Great products, Bad place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 1, 2016
Terrible moral, Inconsistent practices, Ungrateful owners, and zero work/life balance. While they have great products and brands, it's not a comfortable place to shop or work. Save yourself the time.
Horrible!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2016
The worst two years of my life. I hated everything about this job. No communication between departments and employees. Everything is a secret! Management is ignorant. If you clock in SECONDS after your scheduled shift time you'll get verbal warning and then written up. As if a few seconds is costing them money. Every one works holidays unless you're an entitled manager. No call in policy. No matter what is happening in your personal life. They don't care. You can find a better company to work for. I'm all for supporting local businesses, but I'll never shop there again.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Good environment to work in if you are very personable.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2016
Easy job if you are dedicated and very personable. Daily sales goals are set for you each day. You must also help complete daily duties in addition to sales for the day.
Pros
Opportunity to create your check amount through commission.
Cons
There are times when it slow and your competing with other sales associates for customers.
September 5, 2017

Thank you for your good review and feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your time with MetroShoe Warehouse. We are so grateful for our amazing staff members throughout the years!

Enjoyable with company wide competition!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 7, 2016
I absolutely loved working here, its a commission based job so you can make as much money as you want to, everyone is uplifting and they want you to succeed!!
Pros
Fun environment, free shoes, chances to move up in the company
It's okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKJanuary 25, 2016
If you are sick, you will be asked to provide a doctors note even if you are far too sick to go to the doctor. It could be 8pm on a Sunday and you could be at work vomiting but they will tell you to see a doctor and get them a note immediately. Which is bs for those without health insurance or those who don't have the money at current for a co-pay. It is not by any means as terrible as every one else has made it seem. I loved every single coworker with an exception of one. The GM is not the best and managers definitely play favorites. Also the pay is awful for the amount of hours they'll have you work and how labor intensive the job actually is.
Pros
Discounts
It was a Great Experiance
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 6, 2016
Depending on the day at MetroShoe it was enjoyable. There was always something to do. I have learned how to keep things organized and how to deal with difficult customers. My managers were alright i say that because they all had favorites and to me thats not fair because if they did something someones would get in trouble for they wouldnt get punished. My Co-Workers were also alright per say they were all college students so there was some drama.
Pros
Decent discount.
Cons
no health benefits.
Do not work here
N/A (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2015
Most awful place to work. In almost every review you will notice HOW TERRIBLE the owners are. I have never seen so much turnover in a company and you are PAID NEXT TO NOTHING. They expect when you are on salary to work 80+ hours a week with no overtime or bonus EVER. Oh and holidays? Kiss your family time good bye. Overnight shifts on Thanksgiving. I was unfortunately part of this company when they moved stores and ALL employees were required to work 12+ hours on a sunday with NO pay. The owners were demeaning and caused HIGH stress. If you made a mistake you were yelled at and made to feel like an idiot. They knocked my college degree and were very offensive. They expect SO much out of you but give little to nothing back. They have the worst attitude and more than once a costumer left appalled by their treatment. They expect ZERO fun at work. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Conflicting hours.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OklahomaSeptember 25, 2014
Selling merchandise to customers. Conflicting school and work hours.
September 5, 2017

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am sorry you felt there was a conflict with work and school scheduling, we try very hard to accommodate all the scheduling variances.

Productive environment with pleasant coworkers.
Sales Associate (Commission) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 9, 2014
I definitely enjoyed my time at MetroShoe. Great working environment with smiling faces everywhere you turn. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and feeling proud because of how much they appreciated your help. Unfortunately nothing is without fault, and when it came to MetroShoe it was management. Three managers were fired and one quit all during my five months of employment.
August 8, 2014

I do not recall all the managers you mentioned. Termination of a manager takes serious consensus between owners and officers of the company. We decide to terminate managers in cases when ethics and trust are jeopardized; otherwise management will be coached and trained to improve performance.

Run Away!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  okc, okDecember 31, 2013
Metroshoe Warehouse is the WORST job I have ever had. First thing, the owners. The owners do not care about anyone but themselves and making money. That's why employees are required to be at work if they are sick and if the weather is terrible. Instead of closing the store early to let people get home safely they stay open and make people drive home when all of the roads are frozen over. If you apply here and get the job, which you probably will because they hire way to many associates, be prepared for the owners. They act as though you should worship the ground they walk on. If you have a customer and they want to shop and be left alone, too bad. If you do not stay with them then the owners will pull you aside and yell at you in public. Once again they want you to sell to them and make them spend more money. If you run up to the break room to get a quick drink, you better not get caught because you will get yelled at. Second thing, Management. They will work with your school schedule but you may be in the store till 11:30 one night and even if you have work due at midnight or a test, you won't be able to leave on time or early. If you put in your two weeks, be prepared to be hassled. They will try to irritate you so you will quit or probably fire you. Third thing, Pay. As a sales associate you get paid on commission. So your pay is $2 an hour plus the commission you earn. Which if you up and quit or get fired say goodbye to the commission you earned. Commission pay here is terrible because you will have sales associates that do not work as hard as others and get paid more because  more... they steal sales or they will go play cashier and put their name on sales in which no one helped the person. The owners and managers have their favorites so they don't do anything about it. There is also no overtime so be prepared for that as well. No matter what position that you apply for, you will probably do it all. All of our sales associates have to put out stock even in the middle of your shift or even after the store is closed. The cashiers can be prepared to work on stock all day but get griped at if they aren't behind the register. Stock associates have the most work to do and get paid minimum wage. Everyone who works here gets miserable eventually. The best part of the job was all of the people that I became friends with. That is why I stayed as long as I did. You also can't go to lunch with certain people because even though they are your friend, it looks like favoritism, even though everyone already knows they are your friend. This was the most stressful job I ever had. I worked 6 days a week between 45 - 55 hours a week. I would see my boyfriend maybe an hour everyday, sometimes less, and we live together. I worked so much that my family would have to call me or text me asking if I was okay because I did not have time to call any of them. Just don't waste your time or your life applying here because eventually you to will get very stress out and miserable. You will probably even get stabbed in the back as I have and other previous co-workers.  less
Pros
Discount and Fellow co-workers
Cons
Too many
Fellow employee were awesome, but left as soon as I could
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityNovember 26, 2013
I worked there for about 3 months. Probably the 2nd worst job I've ever had. I admit I'm not a sales person, but it was pretty horrible working there. You work on commission and any other time you get paid 2.13 an hour. They will keep you for as long as they want after close while paying you this pittance. The owners are terrible and rude. If the roads are icy or you are not able to make it in your vehicle for a shift, they will come and get you even if there is no one shopping because of the terrible weather.
I will say my fellow employees were awesome and I'm still pretty close with some of them and the assistant managers were pretty nice as well, unlike the full time managers who let power go to their head. Other than that I couldn't stand the position. As soon as I found another job I put in my two weeks.
Pros
Nice discount, fellow employees
Cons
Terrible pay, mean owners
I've stayed for the discount
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 1, 2013
A typical day as a merchandise associate at Metroshoe starts with a full load of receiving product, pulling product for the AM and PM email (when people order products online). Answering phones, putting product out from the back, processing new product, tightening shoes, fitting room attendant, and also dealing with whatever the management decides they want to throw on your plate that day. Never have I felt more underappreciated in a work setting than I have here. Do I want a red carpet thrown out every day? No! But less sarcasm from the managers would be nice as well as a bit of appreciation for what we do. Out of everyone that applies here as a merchandise associate, about 3/4 quit within the first week of their start date. My fellow merchandise associates are the only good thing about this job, only because I've known them so long. If you want a job where you're underappreciated and underpaid, this is the job for you!
Pros
30-40% discount
Cons
Poor management, underpaid, no benefits
Not that great
Sales associate, customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2013
I only worked here for four months, and they were honestly not very good times. The owners are HORRIBLE. They're rude and pushy and just jerks in general. Some of my co-workers were great, but the turnover was unbelievable. We would literally have new associates every few days. The retail side is 100% better than the warehouse though. The pay SUCKS at the warehouse and there was only one nice person there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METROSHOE WAREHOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6