MetroSouth Medical Center Employee Reviews

Prodcutive and Fun place to work
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMay 9, 2017
Reviewing need application doing new hire paperwork, background checks, going over benefits packets with new hires, Processing paperwork work for different positions.
Great Place
Registered Nurse - Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 2, 2017
I really enjoyed working here, people were great to work with, very helpful, the cafeteria food was always good, new management wasn't all that great and for new grads the orientation was not long enough
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not enough orientation time and new management wasn't great
Non productive workplace poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJanuary 27, 2017
I have many years experience as an RN, I was very disappointed with my orientation experience at this hospital. Very unprofessional corporate owned hospital....high turnover with staff and management, seemed like the patients slept all day with minimal attention from staff, management too occupied with filling the beds and don't care to improve the unit. No room for growth nobody knows what's going on or too overwhelmed to listen, n benefits are slimπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎ
good
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILDecember 29, 2016
This is a great place to get experience. I learned so much working at this medical hospital, The benefits are good, great employees to work with, Most of all love the caring environment.
Great co-workers
Employee (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILNovember 6, 2016
The company changed hands too many times since my time here. Lacks leadership. Doesn't seem too stable. Hopefully, in the future there will be a good outcome with the change.Great co-workers though
MLT Night Shift is the worst position ever!
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILSeptember 16, 2016
Laboratory is the worst. The other techs on night shift run the new techs off. "Set them up for failure". DON'T waste your time applying. Management is horrible and will not have your back. The place is run down and filthy. Very unsafe trying to get to your car and into the building.
Pros
Cons
Many
Exceeds all expectations
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 20, 2016
I love working here!!! The day is busy which is a great thing, especially for a high energy person such as myself. The physicians and nurse practitioners love to share their knowledge and are exceptionally patient with us nurses. The nurses and ancillary staff are awesome as well. I'm glad to be part of the family! I'm proud to say I work for such a great company.
Pros
Great staff, and edible cafeteria food!!!
Cons
Not very happy @ this time.
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMay 7, 2015
I am a dedicated, flexible, hard-working individual. I perform my job proficiently. I have learned, and earned a lot of experience over the past 27 yrs in my profession. I continue to strive to make progress in my knowledge, as well as, assisting other's that work with me, to be the best that we can be for our goal--making sure that the pt is well cared for. We all do a great job @ ensuring that our pt's are well cared for. Being able to watch a pt come in during a "bad" situation, and, then, watching them leave, doing 100% better, is so gratifying!! The hardest part of my job, is NOT tending to my pts, or all of the other "stuff" involved, but it is the "Not knowing" if they will be alright, once they leave our care.
Cons
No breaks--I work 12 hour shifts! Just no person to cover!
Great Department, not so great upper management or benifits
Pharmacy Tech. (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 22, 2015
They like independent workers, offer very little support staff or staff period. Plenty of opportunity to multi-task and follow up on problems yourself. Pharmacy Dept. staff great, understanding and fun because they know how the company operates .
Pros
Pharmacy Management
Cons
healthcare, support staff, old equipment
Prepare to be squeezed and pressed to work 2 or 3 job areas
Patient Accounts Department (Former Employee) –  Metrosouth Hospital, Blue Island, ILDecember 7, 2014
The hospital has many dedicated and experienced employees that truly care about their patients, coworkers and community.

Corporate ownership has chopped management and employees to the bare bones and morale is very low, which taught me how to keep pushing to help struggling coworkers.

I love helping patients and finding solutions to their problems.

I hate having to constantly press patients for money prior to insurance contribution.. Never felt pressure to collect like this at any other place.
Pros
discount on you and your immediate family medical bills
Cons
short breaks, revolving door in management, no paid holidays
Great place to start but not much area to grow
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 16, 2014
I initially loved working here maybe because it was my first CNA job or because it was actually good at first. After a few months though things changed and I realized it was time to move on. I had experience now so other hospitals might take me. AND THEY DID! Anyway this place is a good stepping stone because not many people are helpful and your expected to do more than is required in your capacity.
Pros
good hours, decent pay.
Cons
not much help with patients, lazy, bad management
Experienced in working with Clinical & Non-Clinical Management in a hospital environment.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 20, 2014
Transcribed and distributed meeting meetings.
Coordinate office services.
Make travel arrangements.
Scheduled meetings for executives and management.
Meet with special interest groups on behalf of the executive team.
Records management and basic bookkeeping.
Prepared invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements.
Processed payroll for an 8-member executive team and clerical support.
Trained clerical staff and organized training material.

Multi-faceted, efficient & reliable administrative assistant with 15+ years of experience supporting executives, physicians, and managers, to improve internal operations in a hospital environment. Proficient in all Microsoft office software. Diversified skill set covering administrative support, client relations, writing, account and project management. Excellent inter-personal, telephone, and digital communication.

Never felt that the job was hard because of my ability to be creative in retaining instructions.

I most enjoyed learning new things and meeting new people.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Not having enough work to do.
High-quality patient care
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILOctober 29, 2013
β€’ Prepares patients for CT exams and explains procedures to patients
High level of personal touch to a 300 private room facility.
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  12935 Gregory St, Blue Island, IL 60406November 17, 2011
This company has done a great job overcoming obstacles and rises up to the top.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetroSouth Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7