MetroSouth Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Exceeds all expectations
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 20, 2016
I love working here!!! The day is busy which is a great thing, especially for a high energy person such as myself. The physicians and nurse practitioners love to share their knowledge and are exceptionally patient with us nurses. The nurses and ancillary staff are awesome as well. I'm glad to be part of the family! I'm proud to say I work for such a great company.
Pros
Great staff, and edible cafeteria food!!!
Prepare to be squeezed and pressed to work 2 or 3 job areas
Patient Accounts Department (Former Employee) –  Metrosouth Hospital, Blue Island, ILDecember 7, 2014
The hospital has many dedicated and experienced employees that truly care about their patients, coworkers and community.

Corporate ownership has chopped management and employees to the bare bones and morale is very low, which taught me how to keep pushing to help struggling coworkers.

I love helping patients and finding solutions to their problems.

I hate having to constantly press patients for money prior to insurance contribution.. Never felt pressure to collect like this at any other place.
Pros
discount on you and your immediate family medical bills
Cons
short breaks, revolving door in management, no paid holidays
Great Department, not so great upper management or benifits
Pharmacy Tech. (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 22, 2015
They like independent workers, offer very little support staff or staff period. Plenty of opportunity to multi-task and follow up on problems yourself. Pharmacy Dept. staff great, understanding and fun because they know how the company operates .
Pros
Pharmacy Management
Cons
healthcare, support staff, old equipment
Not very happy @ this time.
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMay 7, 2015
I am a dedicated, flexible, hard-working individual. I perform my job proficiently. I have learned, and earned a lot of experience over the past 27 yrs in my profession. I continue to strive to make progress in my knowledge, as well as, assisting other's that work with me, to be the best that we can be for our goal--making sure that the pt is well cared for. We all do a great job @ ensuring that our pt's are well cared for. Being able to watch a pt come in during a "bad" situation, and, then, watching them leave, doing 100% better, is so gratifying!! The hardest part of my job, is NOT tending to my pts, or all of the other "stuff" involved, but it is the "Not knowing" if they will be alright, once they leave our care.
Cons
No breaks--I work 12 hour shifts! Just no person to cover!
Experienced in working with Clinical & Non-Clinical Management in a hospital environment.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 20, 2014
Transcribed and distributed meeting meetings.
Coordinate office services.
Make travel arrangements.
Scheduled meetings for executives and management.
Meet with special interest groups on behalf of the executive team.
Records management and basic bookkeeping.
Prepared invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements.
Processed payroll for an 8-member executive team and clerical support.
Trained clerical staff and organized training material.

Multi-faceted, efficient & reliable administrative assistant with 15+ years of experience supporting executives, physicians, and managers, to improve internal operations in a hospital environment. Proficient in all Microsoft office software. Diversified skill set covering administrative support, client relations, writing, account and project management. Excellent inter-personal, telephone, and digital communication.

Never felt that the job was hard because of my ability to be creative in retaining instructions.

I most enjoyed learning new things and meeting new people.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
not having enough work to do.
High level of personal touch to a 300 private room facility.
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  12935 Gregory St, Blue Island, IL 60406November 17, 2011
This company has done a great job overcoming obstacles and rises up to the top.
High-quality patient care
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILOctober 29, 2013
• Prepares patients for CT exams and explains procedures to patients

2.7