MetroWest Medical Center Employee Reviews

Short term job
Per Diem Clinician (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 23, 2017
Per diem position was flexible in some ways (able to create own schedule, able to take time off whenever), but supervisor was incompetent and made frequent mistakes when scheduling staff, had no understanding of how PHP and inpatient programs should be run/staffed.
Unpleasant and stressful. Patient care does not seem to be a priority.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 17, 2017
Hospital has undergone many changes in Administration over the last 5-6 years.

Layoffs are a regular occurrence. Employees are always worried if they will be next.

Employees are expected to take on the work of those whose positions have been eliminated.

It is an exhausting, draining place to work.
Pros
Cons
Stress, staff overworked
Fun workplace
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 14, 2017
I loved working at this place. I had a great experience with all my co-workers. Everyone is very friendly, helpful,and loving. They are always hiring people!
a good place to start
Senior Paramedic/Field Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 24, 2017
a good stepping in stone to a better career. Not a good place to be an EMT as there are many paramedics who are usually performing patient care. Overall ok
The Operating Room is a nice place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 19, 2017
The OR schedule is flexible and a good fit for me. I like the per Diem hours, I usually work 1-3 days per week. Generally, I scrub on gynecology and urology cases. The OR supervisor is responsive to the needs of the employees. The people I work with are friendly and are willing to answer questions, teach new things and generally help each other out. The hardest part of the job form, is taking call. Currently, due to my per Diem status, I am required to take 24 hours of call per month.
Pros
Friendly supportive staff
Cons
Call
N/a
Labor & Delivery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 5, 2017
high turn over, turn over in management and CEO four times in one year. Interim management is a regular email. poor staffing.
enjoy working with patients
Team working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 3, 2017
The recovery room is a great place to work. We all work as a team. It can be very busy with a lot of challenging patients.We do a lot of patient and family teaching
Pros
Great group of nurses to work with
Fast Growing Ambulance Company
Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 31, 2017
Metro West has a very corporate work atmosphere though it is still a privately held and family run company. The owner/president has been with the company since the beginning and is still very hands on. He is a very sharp fellow and knows his business. I left because of personal reasons.
Pros
Salary; Benefits; Integrity
Decent place to work
Tech (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 30, 2017
As a CNA in the float pool you will often be doing patient watches, which can be tedious. Working on the floor is a great learning experience. Most of the staff is excellent to work with.
It was stressful and micro managed
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Framingham and Natick MAJuly 27, 2017
It was a stressful environment, short staffed with many changes also
poor communication from top down and especially to staff.
most frustrating job.
Pros
near my home, met some very nice people in the hospitals
Cons
I worked in a very high stress, high pressure & micro managed environment I
Very good evironment to work in
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 9, 2017
I loved this job - one of the best I've worked in over the years. I like my manager and supervisors as well as my coworkers. It was also a great way to get to know more about being a Phlebotomist as it was fast paced and patients really like me.
Positive work experience in a beautiful facility with wonderful staff
SLEEP LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 12, 2017
I worked in two areas of the hospital at two different jobs, each lasting about ten years. Along with a beautiful facility nestled within trees with excellent views for the patients (with floor to ceiling windows), I think the caliber of people they hired was very high. I felt as if I was always working with a "team." Doctors were always a telephone call away and supplies were plentiful. I especially liked assisting doctors with bronchoscopies, and most of them shared a glimpse into the scope so I could see what they saw and talk about what that meant for the patient. The hardest part of my job was caring for ventilator patients who were angry at being "kept alive" this way.
Pros
Comradery
Cons
Patient-to-Therapist ratio too high
Good
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Framingham Center, MAFebruary 26, 2017
Good place to work. Great management . Great team work. Parking close to hospital. Flexible hours. Good compensation benefits. Doctors are friendly and love to care for their patients.
Benefits
Cons
Pay scale
management is horrible
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 21, 2017
overworked, underpaid and understaffed. Expected to cover open shifts, unwilling to give call pay but instead "normal scheduled" work hours taken away to avoid overtime . They don't care about their employees.
Excellent Place to Work and Grow.
Polysomnographic (Sleep) Technologist (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAFebruary 11, 2017
If you are a sub-par, want to get by doing nothing more than what your job description says, than this is not a place for you.

If you want challenging, thought provoking, and meaningful work, where your efforts are noticed and rewarded then this is the perfect place for you.

People that are disheartened with the job usually do not fall into this category. EVERY place has its pros and cons.

There is a culture of constant improvement, where ideas are heard and implemented if they bring value and simply accepting what was done before as the best practice is not always the case.

I find that many people actually enjoy their jobs and I have
never encountered rudeness in my time there.
Pros
Challenging, Thought Provoking, Safety focused culture.
Cons
Insurance can always be better, but there are worse out there.
Awful place to work, un-professional management, burnt out staff, and gloomy environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 19, 2016
If you work here you will constantly feel unappreciated and feel like something is wrong with you when it's them. Upon starting off in my new career I thought it was "too good to be true" and man was I right. I was painted this beautiful picture of what a career at MetroWest would be like during multiple interviews and let me tell you - it is a complete nightmare. Management has no idea what they're doing and attempt to "fix" things by making them much worse. A lot of the staff are burnt out and need to retire already. Upgrades have been made throughout the hospital but not in the right areas. I would never send my family members here for care nor would I ever recommend someone in considering a job position. You try and get a job here for experience and all you get is disrespected by the rude employees. Such a disgrace for a hospital. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Pros
nothing
Cons
rude staff, lousy pay, awful management, grungy hospital
I've enjoyed my longevity 40 years here at metro west
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  METRO WEST NATICK MA.February 23, 2016
In the past few years under new management there's been a lot of changes on the positive side.

I'm impressed with the changes and the technology within the department over the last few years.
My co-workers are easy to work with and are always there if I need them.
Pros
Friendly and professional atmosphere.
Cons
Some benefits could be upgraded.
challenging
Oregon - Billing representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 18, 2016
I worked here briefly loved it as it showed me the medical transport billing side of things. It offered challenges and I enjoyed the productive work
productive aand fun day at work , i love to work with patients
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 10, 2015
I do lots of phone calls daily, helping patients with appointments , also translating, me and my co-workers always helping eachother, and can be stresfull at times dealing with people, but i handle really well!
Good team
Internship (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 5, 2015
Loved the job. Pay was a litle low.....I was not there long as they changed a driving record rule and I went to work in McMinnville
Pros
Good medics, quality equipment
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetroWest Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.