MetroWest Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

I've enjoyed my longevity 40 years here at metro west
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  METRO WEST NATICK MA.February 23, 2016
In the past few years under new management there's been a lot of changes on the positive side.

I'm impressed with the changes and the technology within the department over the last few years.
My co-workers are easy to work with and are always there if I need them.
Pros
FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL ATMOSPHERE.
Cons
SOME BENEFITS COULD BE UPGRADED.
challenging
Oregon - Billing representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 18, 2016
I worked here briefly loved it as it showed me the medical transport billing side of things. It offered challenges and I enjoyed the productive work
productive aand fun day at work , i love to work with patients
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 10, 2015
I do lots of phone calls daily, helping patients with appointments , also translating, me and my co-workers always helping eachother, and can be stresfull at times dealing with people, but i handle really well!
Good team
Internship (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 5, 2015
Loved the job. Pay was a litle low.....I was not there long as they changed a driving record rule and I went to work in McMinnville
Pros
Good medics, quality equipment
Cons
Low pay
My time at Metro West.
Vehicle Service Technician (VST) (Former Employee) –  hillsboro, ORAugust 2, 2015
Fair pay for fair work with good people and your work means something. I liked most aspects about the job, overall it is a good place to work.
Pros
Fun work atmosphere.
Cons
Work in harsh weather, short lunch.
OK volunteer work
Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 2, 2015
Day typically started doing clerical work, updating paper works, filing, faxing and calling patients for appointment reminders. Most patients I had to call were Latinos so communication was a little hard as they barely spoke english, but it was manageable since I know a little spanish and I was glad to put that skill to some use. One administrative coworker was particularly friendly but the therapists didn't seem approachable.
Best job I've ever had!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Framingham/Natick, MAMarch 30, 2015
Healthcare is a very challenging environment. Working with the staff and leaders at MWMC has made me so much better at what I do! People have taken the time to mentor me and I have enjoyed the challenges of working at a mid-sized community hospital.

The leadership team is constantly looking at ways to increase patient satisfaction and care, safety, and quality. There is no doubt that patients are put first at MWMC.

The HR department is very supportive and aggressive at finding the right staff to work at the hospital.

Although I may not agree with every single decision that management has made (Where could you work where you would agree with EVERYTHING?), I do feel that they are fair and listen to employees when they have concerns or suggestions.

I am proud to work here and proud to get my medical care here as well!
Pros
Excellent staff and Leadership., Great training and opportunity for advancement., I have had to work hard, but I have been rewarded with several promotions over the years.
Cons
They seem to be rolling out a LOT (too many?) corporate initatives at the same time.
A great place to work and receive quality healthcare
Director Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 10, 2015
A great place to work and receive quality healthcare. The people are committed and dedicated to giving excellent service
Co workers
Staff nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  ICUNovember 23, 2014
Great place to work very family oriented. Wonderful small community hospital that cared about their community that now seems like a thing of the past.
Fast Paced, Office Environment Poor
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 8, 2014
If you like a fast paced environment you will definitely have a lot of work to do here. The managers and supervisors have not advanced with the times, When I worked there you could not talk to your coworkers.
Great people to work with
Staff Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 4, 2014
The work is very challenging but also rewarding.The environment is full of caring individuals, who are there for the patients first, for the most part. Management seems to understand what we need to get our jobs performed at a high level.
Pros
management
Cons
healthcare environment in general
Great Job
Senior Paramedic / Field Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 24, 2014
All skills that go with being a Paramedic and Field Training Officer, I really enjoyed training new people.
Pros
just a great job
Cons
nonw
Not the best place to work
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 10, 2014
Management does not have a clue what is going on in this department and compare to other hospitals, the compensation is not up to standard.
difficult cases
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 5, 2014
Lots of depression/suicide/histories of abuse.
Many co-workers seem "burnt out"
typical lab
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 8, 2014
A typical day comprised of running samples in each section of the lab. This lab was smaller so everyone was able to help each other out if needed
Employees are better than management deserves.
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 25, 2014
Many of the unit directors have created cross-disciplined teams of employees that work well with one another in the interests of the patients. This is a site, however, which has been managed "for profit" for fifteen years under multiple owners. As a consequence, the corporate culture is subject to shifts in emphasis. The successive owners' attempts to impose a culture rather than benefit from the existing one generates a sense of insecurity among staff. Most recently, there is an emphasis has been on cost savings at the expense of long-term professionals.
lack of professionalism, bad management, and low pay
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 20, 2014
Pros- this hospital seems to truly want to put patient care first

Cons- unprofessional co-workers and management some of the things I've heard is just unbelievable.

There is lack of team work, lots of backstabbing, and gossip. I even experienced some of the most disgraceful racial slurs, which should never happen especially in the workplace.

They pay way below the average for the state.

If you get an offer somewhere else I would suggest you go elsewhere.
extremely competent and caring employees.
preceptor student nurse (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 19, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my preceptorship at MetroWest Medical Center.
Lack of job security
Patient Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 2, 2014
Enjoyed the job but was laid off due to cutbacks after 4 months of employment.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
unorganized management
Good work enviornment
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 30, 2013
Co-workers are very supportive and makes for a great work atmosphere

MetroWest Medical Center Reviews by Location