Metso Minerals

Metso Minerals Employee Reviews

A productive fun place to work but work get accomplished
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 3, 2015
Pros: atmosphere no micro management
Cons: sometimes we all did not work as a team
A typical day at work would be finishing purchase req's , making sure the scheduler has the parts to maintain the production plan. Contacting my employees and vendors to establish communication. Talking with management for goals to accomplish. I learned to become an overall better Manager by communication, leadership, attention to detail, motivation, and innovation. The management style was hands off and someone that you would not be afraid to approach with questions. The same with co-workers, this was a company that made sure the employees were appreciated. The hardest part of the job was dealing with suppliers that you had to micro manage. Finally the most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom as a manager to make changes that would benefit the company.
Fun environment
FORKLIFT OPERATOR/ORDER EXPEDITOR (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: long hours
This was a very fun postion. The co workers were great. I enjoyed operating the heavy machinery.
Busy as a CSR
CSR OrderDesk (Former Employee), Columbia S.CDecember 1, 2014
Pros: did not have to be supervised
Cons: being taken advantage of when they see you work hard
Stayed busy throughout the day from the phone calls and incoming emails from our distributors. I learned how to produce quotes and place orders on SAP and update the distributors with the information. The hardest part of the day is when nobody wanted to log into the phone logs and they would leave me as the only CSR on the phone to answer all incoming calls.
Productive Workplace
Project Control Lead/ Master Scheduler (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2014
Great company to work for. Great team work, continuing education and willingness to teach employees.
Very Productive
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Canonsburg PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: lots of hours
Excellent place to work with lots of opportunities to travel.
Good Company
Manufacturing Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 5, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
I like Metso a lot and wish the Birmingham facility was still open.
Very productive got temp work done in three weeks
Laborer (Former Employee), Warrenton, MOAugust 19, 2013
My typical day at work was waking up at 4 am and starting work at 5 am. Since I was a temp I never really knew if I was going to have overtime that day or not. That was always a mystery to me. Other than that I loved working there.
loved it
Gearbox technician (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 20, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: market forced them to reloc outa country
too bad they left the US. I advanced allot their.Liked the people and miss that job.
Large Corporation with family culture and work environment
Sales Data Coordinator (Current Employee), York, PAJune 4, 2013
Pros: company benefits, casual attire
Cons: working with employees around the world with time differences
Working at a large corporation such as Metso has been a great experience. Employees work hard and are productive in a fair culture the company has in place. Management travels alot around the world but very willing to aid or be present through other medias. I have learned and utilized the many different forms of computer programs Metso uses on a daily basis. Learning the cloud based sales service is something I feel is neccessary to understand the future of customer relationship mangement.
Productive and hard working Logistics Team
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 12, 2013
Daily Warehouse error data reports, retrieve postage rates, faxing, scanning export docs to freight forwarder, order & distribute office supplies, filing, verifying postal rates. Manager was the greatest never dull day in this department. Always learning new things about the Import/Export business. Co-workers always available of help.
You never know what the day holds
Designer/ Engineer (Current Employee), Warrenton, MOJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: you never know what to expect
Cons: you are not rewarded as expected
An overall interesting company, you can show up to work in the morning and have to catch a flight by the afternoon to the other side of the country.
You will always be given an opportunity to learn new things.
I see my manager once every two weeks at min, no breathing down your neck.
The co-workers would be classified as characters.
At times there are extremely long hours from 8-27 hrs at times
The most enjoyable part of the job is completing the task at hand.
Pretty good
production Operator (Former Employee), Warrenton, MODecember 11, 2012
Pros: job stability
Cons: unreasonable expectations
The job was an still is a good job the problem is the expect things that cant happen with the machines that you have available to work with.
You lots of overtime when needed and do not have the energy to keep going.
But overall the job was very job job with good benefits.
Good experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 23, 2012
Pros: i learned a lot about shipping.
Cons: not very long lunches on 30 minutes.
I learned how to direct the shipments and how to schedule pickups and co-ordinate the deliveries. I learned how to pull and pack the orders. I was classed as Warehouse Clerk/Office Assistant but in the afternoons I would go down into the warehouse with the managers and help the guys fill the bills for the day. I would meet the drivers when they would come for their pickups. This was a real rewarding job I learned alot.
Jetpark office
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Jetpark, GautengMay 30, 2012
Pros: gaining and learning everyday
Cons: travel time on the road
As I am based in Vereeniging, the travel time to Jetpark is time consuming, and frustrating.
Metso is a good company with a good culture within the company, but I need to work closer to home.
Work is hard, and its a steep learning curve, but I enjoy the challenge.
Poor experience
Operator level 3 (Former Employee), Warrenton, MOMay 23, 2012
Pros: overtime in some departments
Cons: short breaks, enviroment, atmosphere
There is no communication/misleading communication between management and labor. Decisions that have been made affecting labor seem adversarial.
Overall, the vast majority of employees dislike their experience there.

Metso Minerals Salaries