METTLER TOLEDO Employee Reviews

I travel for work so I'm not at the corporate office.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandDecember 9, 2016
I travel continuously so I don't have much time at home which makes it very difficult to get anything done that isn't work related. I do accept/offer to work quite a bit of overtime so I could work less if I only worked the required 40 hour week. This is a large company and it allows you the chance to travel all over the country and other countries on occasion. The pay and benefits are great! You just need to be willing to travel constantly on a weekly basis. You are given a company car, computer, phone, fuel card,credit card, EZ-Pass other office equipment and all of your tools. Basically everything you do is paid for while working and traveling for work.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Not home much
Overworked / Underpaid
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MADecember 7, 2016
They feel that with a sense of job security, they will work employees to the point of quitting. Not enough staff in any dept. Overworked / Underpaid. Unfortunate, since it is a solid company to work for, but management just drives employees to the edge with enormous workload.
Benefits are marginal, bonuses are a carrot, and never materialize.
Pros
Fellow employees work together
Cons
Middle and Upper management clueless as to what is going on or what to do.
Excellent workplace with friendly nice people.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 27, 2016
I would say in particular, that this company was my favorite place to work. I really loved working here. The kind, trusting co-workers I could communicate with is what makes a company great!

I learned many different things while I worked here.
The most enjoyable part of my job was coming into work everyday.
All I can say is if you ever do get an opportunity to work here, I hope you do take the job, because it is an excellent place you can build your career.
great work place
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2016
all good, on the road a lot, got to know all new customers and different equipment, and could figure out how to repair scales on my own
pushed test weights around
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  BrinigsvilleSeptember 20, 2016
enjoyed repairs, learned all new equipment as it came out, tried as hard as I could to update all management involved, great coworkers, hardest part of jobs was teardown to replace parts, most enjoyable part was making customer happy. after they saw me throwing the test weights around
Pros
making the best decisions for customer
Cons
commut to work that was not paid to you
Great company, just ran out of work.
Configuration (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 9, 2016
I was only with them for a week, so I do not have much to say. The employees and management were all awesome. They were just as down as I was when they had to let me go.
challanging workplace
Internal sales Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Sales Co-ordinatorAugust 31, 2016
My typical work day has a variety or work load, I deal with engineering purchasing marketing and production, me and my co worker look after 6 market managers who are worldwide, I enjoy the challenging day.
You are well paid for what you do
QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 16, 2016
You are well paid for what you do, although not to your individual potential. Uneven workflow with rushing by the end of the day. If you work in a cubicle or an office, there is plenty of visibility for you (meetings), including the option to work from home.
Pros
Free meal on every 1st Monday of the month
Cons
Every 7-8 months new workflow arrangement, moving to new area.
Unique Management
Dispute Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 12, 2016
This is not they type of place that I would like to retire from due to the type of management.

The co workers were nice to work with.
Good Company
Senior Embedded System Engineer, R&D (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 1, 2016
Good company, but the compensation is not very good. People is the best. Advance is not easy an upper management just take care of numbers
Quality Company
Strategic Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 28, 2016
Overall this is a quality company. Like anywhere else they have their issues, but it has solid leadership and puts out a quality product
Not what it use to be
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2016
Well like all jobs now days things have changed. I will opt out with no comment from here. I am just trying to meet a word count from here forward.
No comment
Technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 18, 2016
I have personally chosen not to writing anything here in my review. So i will opt out with No comment. I really dont have any thing left to say just
stressful and they put a lot of responsabilities on their employees
Support Service (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 7, 2016
quite stressful, employees are nice but management is not the best. They expect a lot from employees and the worst is that the structure of the job is not well set up therefore no matter how hard we try to work we are still not as efficient as we should be
Open dialogue and allow input from all areas
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 1, 2016
Owners were always open to new ideas,,,they had credibility and honesty..If I or any employee could show a need for extended schooling,,they were completely behind the process..

Was a great shame they shut down,,,deaths involved
Mandatory OT
Distributor Warranty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2016
If you have no life and wanted to work all the time then Mettler-Toledo is for you. If you have a life or a family life then work elsewhere. This is not a family-friendly environment.
Good place to work but not fully satisfied.
R&D Engineer (Current Employee) –  常州市March 13, 2016
The Best part is the appreciation and support from the working team.
Getting to learn a lot while handling projects and attending meetings with the experienced global team members.
The hard part for me was the communication with some of the company staffs due to language problems.
management is horrible
Inside Sales/Operations (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 25, 2016
Infrastructure is horrible. Management is very inexperienced and un professional. I would not recommend this company to a friend....
I liked going to work everyday.
Administrative Assistant, Telemarketing & AP (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Mettler Toledo was a great place to work which is expressed by so many people who worked there for many years. People work hard, but their work is appreciated by management. My favorite part of working there was enjoying my co-workers and supervisors.
Great People and Culture
Systems Analyst & Lead TPOT Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 29, 2015
Mettler Toledo has a very strong culture that fosters friendships and loyalty. They do a lot of community building and team building events.
Pros
Work-life Balance, Friendliness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METTLER TOLEDO. Our community is ready to answer.