METTLER TOLEDO Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 9, 2017
Good place to work, but depends on your location and manager and division. The working experience really varies based on those things and more. Overall, I had a good manager and a decent workplace. I would recommend.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Large matrix organization
Great Place to Work
Drafter/ Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 6, 2017
Metler Toledo is an extremely interesting place to work. The company manufactures particle analyzing machines for clients such as Chevron and Hershey's. One of the highlights of my career.
Pros
Interesting Work
Cons
Too Much Work and Not Enough Pay
productive place to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2017
a typical day here is pulling orders and making sure everything is where it needs to be very team oriented place great teachers and staff to help learn from
Great Company with Great People
LabTech Sales Rep - Los Angeles, Nevada, Arizona (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 6, 2017
This is a great company to work for and they are an industry leader in their respective industry. Mettler Toledo is the industry standard for weighing equipment. Mettler Toledo can weigh anything from an eye lash to a 747 jet with extreme accuracy and repeatability. Mettler Toledo deals with all types of industry customers from food and beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, manufacturing, utilities and municipals, mining, academic, and many more.
Cons
Sap
A great place to work
INVOICING & CONTRACT ADMIN MANAGER, US & CANADA (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 28, 2017
A fantastic company which provides ongoing opportunities for growth and development. A community of employees that love the people, love the brand and loves their customers.
Performance driven and employee oriented
Finance Business Analyst, Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 25, 2017
Not enough entry level positions, training , diversity inclusion and advancement opportunities could be much better (disparities are very visible).
Most managers are OK, open door policy.
The hardest part of the job is probably the informal training.
Great work life balance, but paid time off could be increased.
ICE programs is also a very unique feature at MT and a great way to put the foot in the door and acquire valuable experience
Pros
Performance bonus, fun work environment, many benefits
Cons
Training could be much better
Nice air-conditioned production facility
Welding/Fabrication Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2017
Disorganized production scheduling. Limited support from upper management. Clean air-conditioned environment. Nice welding facility. Out grew existing facility.
Pros
Clean 5S environment
Open culture
Contractor/Attorney (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2017
I found this to be an excellent place to work. The management was open and friendly and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a open culture with good work life balance.
Unprofessional
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
Very unprofessional atmosphere. Managers would be fired anywhere else for the things that they say and do. No job stability. One day you have a job the next day you may not. No company loyalty for its employees. They don't seem to have any idea what their future looks like. You can ask the same basic question and get 10 different answers. Communication is poor at best. Insurance is pretty cheap but only because it doesn't cover much of anything and the copays are outrageous.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No job stability, unprofessional management, no career growth, insurance is subpar, traffic is awful
Friendly work environment.
Just another employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2017
At manufacturing and production, work days are fair to good. Fairly clean and air conditioned. At offices the environment is very professional like and comfortable. Your learning comes from co-workers and peers, supervisors or managers won't train or assist. Management despite of qualifications claims performs poorly and non reactive. Their mistakes translates into down lines overwork. Workplace culture is attractive due to the HR dept through the multiple activities, lunches and treats for the employees. The hardest part of the job is that the better you become at your tasks the longer you will be held at the same position. Outstanding performance never results in promotions or advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is to share day to day with simple and helpful coworkers, always in good humor and prompt to help.
Pros
Fun, occasional free lunches and treats. Clean environment.
Cons
Short lunches. No vacations during winter holy days.
Great company with great products. Very innovative.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hightstown, NJMarch 7, 2017
Mettler-Toledo is the leader in its field. They have innovative products and programs as well as service. Great employee training and distributor training,
Professional environment with a good wotk ethic
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Salford, UKFebruary 16, 2017
Nice place to work professionally with good clear management.
I have been with the company on a contract basis for less than 1 year. I have worked for many companies but this is one of the best.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
Car Park
company history
spectroscopy system.Hand (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 24, 2017
company long history, Company product related to my experiences.
Good benefits, Normal working hours. Close to home, High paying position.Nice bosses, clean work place.
Nothing Bad
Scheduling Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Have nothing bad to say except for management, they did nit really care about taking care of their associates, they would not support training and or advancement for any of the employees.
I travel for work so I'm not at the corporate office.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandDecember 9, 2016
I travel continuously so I don't have much time at home which makes it very difficult to get anything done that isn't work related. I do accept/offer to work quite a bit of overtime so I could work less if I only worked the required 40 hour week. This is a large company and it allows you the chance to travel all over the country and other countries on occasion. The pay and benefits are great! You just need to be willing to travel constantly on a weekly basis. You are given a company car, computer, phone, fuel card,credit card, EZ-Pass other office equipment and all of your tools. Basically everything you do is paid for while working and traveling for work.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Not home much
Overworked / Underpaid
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MADecember 7, 2016
They feel that with a sense of job security, they will work employees to the point of quitting. Not enough staff in any dept. Overworked / Underpaid. Unfortunate, since it is a solid company to work for, but management just drives employees to the edge with enormous workload.
Benefits are marginal, bonuses are a carrot, and never materialize.
Pros
Fellow employees work together
Cons
Middle and Upper management clueless as to what is going on or what to do.
Excellent workplace with friendly nice people.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 27, 2016
I would say in particular, that this company was my favorite place to work. I really loved working here. The kind, trusting co-workers I could communicate with is what makes a company great!

I learned many different things while I worked here.
The most enjoyable part of my job was coming into work everyday.
All I can say is if you ever do get an opportunity to work here, I hope you do take the job, because it is an excellent place you can build your career.
great work place
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2016
all good, on the road a lot, got to know all new customers and different equipment, and could figure out how to repair scales on my own
pushed test weights around
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  BrinigsvilleSeptember 20, 2016
enjoyed repairs, learned all new equipment as it came out, tried as hard as I could to update all management involved, great coworkers, hardest part of jobs was teardown to replace parts, most enjoyable part was making customer happy. after they saw me throwing the test weights around
Pros
making the best decisions for customer
Cons
commut to work that was not paid to you
Great company, just ran out of work.
Configuration (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 9, 2016
I was only with them for a week, so I do not have much to say. The employees and management were all awesome. They were just as down as I was when they had to let me go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METTLER TOLEDO. Our community is ready to answer.