METTLER TOLEDO Employee Reviews in United States

stressful and they put a lot of responsabilities on their employees
Support Service (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 7, 2016
quite stressful, employees are nice but management is not the best. They expect a lot from employees and the worst is that the structure of the job is not well set up therefore no matter how hard we try to work we are still not as efficient as we should be
Open dialogue and allow input from all areas
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 1, 2016
Owners were always open to new ideas,,,they had credibility and honesty..If I or any employee could show a need for extended schooling,,they were completely behind the process..

Was a great shame they shut down,,,deaths involved
Mandatory OT
Distributor Warranty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2016
If you have no life and wanted to work all the time then Mettler-Toledo is for you. If you have a life or a family life then work elsewhere. This is not a family-friendly environment.
management is horrible
Inside Sales/Operations (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 25, 2016
Infrastructure is horrible. Management is very inexperienced and un professional. I would not recommend this company to a friend....
They had softball and golfing
Inspecter, receving (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJuly 27, 2015
1) Unloading trucks, putting parts in the computer.
2) How to inspect parts, drive a forklift and a high lift.
3) The first 15 years management was good. The next 15 were ok, the10 was what made me to retire.
4) Co-workers, out of 40 years were good ones and some not to good.
5) The heavy lifting, some boxes were 150lbs., and parts were 1 to 75lbs.
6) To be honest, the end of the day was the most enjoyable part of the job. Management there was really starting to go down hill. When I retired there were higher paid people that also left for the same reason. "MANAGEMENT"
Pros
Cookouts twice a year, Christmas parties.
Cons
Insurence was really getting too high
Great company fun coworkers
Inside Sales-Geo Marketing North America (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2015
Mettler Toledo offers a good work environment where one can thrive and achieve their goals.The best part is my co-workers everyone is ready to help and support you. There is a team spirit that we are all part of a puzzle and to complete the picture every piece is important.
An excellent company with great opportinuties to grown
Sales Leader - Laboratory Division (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityJune 9, 2015
The company has a strong and well established structure that allows continuous learning and overall development as a professional. Presonas managers are qualified and experienced to support you in carrying out your duties and meet your goals.

The technical and sales training is a fundamental tool that continuously incuyen you and supports your professional performance.
Pros
Continued support in sales and training materials
Cons
Working in a daily routine fast pace environment
Lead/Senior Injection Molding Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 9, 2015
my typical day at work is scheduled jobs and products for the day workload and conduct meeting to better communicate not only my department, but other department as well. I learned to supervise and manage a group of peoples in different shift to run injection molding machine more efficient. My relationship with my co-worker is good, never had problem communicating to them. when I generate the schedule, i assigned jobs to my co-worker and they will give me feedback on status of completion. The hardest part of my job is having other department in the company to be on the same goal. That is why I tried to better my communication with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to learn new things everyday. Not only on my position, but I get to learn how other department such as Quality control, Packaging, Finance / Sales, Warehouse, Etc works.
Great team to work for
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa FlAugust 27, 2015
They provide great on the job training for the required field and the managers are available to assist if needed.

Lots of Travel, depending on location.
Great company to work for
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 22, 2015
Great company to work. However the biggest drawback is a disconnect from upper management and lower level employees. Typical works hours and solid benefits. Pay is slightly below average but you will move up if you work hard.
Great company with great employees
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAApril 26, 2015
Exceptional company to work for. The employee is regarded as an essential part of the team and employees are noticed for hard work and dedication. The environment is overall, friendly and easy going
Solid Company
Laboratory Telesales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus/PolarisMay 31, 2015
This company has a solid reputation that is well deserved. I would recommend anyone to apply. If offered a role here accept it!
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Pay could be higher
enjoyed the experince
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  worthington ohioJanuary 24, 2014
I have mixed emotions about mettle Toledo the people there are wonderful to work for but the way they go about letting there temps to hire people go is not real professional givin no notice and they just drop u at a dimes notice this is why iam writing this review not to bash mettle but to say if u continue to work this way u will loose really good people.
Pros
very laid back flexiable if need to leave
Cons
to shory of lunch and no overtime
Productive work environment with a layed back atmosphere
Data Cleansing/ Analyst Blue Ocean (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 16, 2013
A typical day at work would be processing end user requests and updating customer accounts. Since starting this job I have learned how to use a new data base system and better communication skills. Both management and my co-workers are very helpful and ready to assit in any way they can if there is a question or issue that needs resolved. The hardest part of the job is trying to understand what the end users are really asking for in their requests. The most enjoyable part is learning how to use different features in the new system.
Started out good, went bad, turned ugly.....
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAAugust 29, 2012
Great co-workers all hampered by sub-par management style in the service department. The job parameters were ill defined leading to frustrations over increased travel for a supposed "In-House Technician" job. What does the term "occasional travel" mean to you? Does it really imply a position as "field service back up" ?
Pros
monthly do nuts and bagels
Cons
every minute has to be accounted for, confining environment
Fun and inviting environment to work in.
Contractor ( Collections Financial Representative) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2013
In this role I called and collected past due funds from customers for purchases and services performed by Mettler Toledo. I was able to exceed monthly goals for funds collected. I was able to recover 200 percent of my required goal amounts. I was consistently achieving high call out volumes along with incoming calls.
productive, friendly environment great work place,
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2015
Great environment
supportive management.
team environment
great taring program
flexible
Great benefits
Friendly environment
Engineering Sweatshop, Excessive Demands on Employees (and their families)
Designer (Former Employee) –  TampaNovember 13, 2012
Lots of challenging work. Jobs were somewhat satisfying and briefly rewarding (until the next 3 conveyors are due out in the next 8 hours).

Excessive OT (pay was nice, but if you place any value on your family or personal time, you can forget it). OT was mandatory much of my time there (14 months), workload was insanely ridiculous at times to keep up with short time frames on your "designer's schedule", and boss in engineering could be a first-rate, demeaning twit even after accomplishing astounding numbers for the company. Engineering meetings were intimidating and at times, harassing.

A fairly ungrateful, grinding sweatshop of a company. Seek employment there cautiously with this information in hand.
Pros
nice ot-based pay. free sample food from large companies.
Cons
they expect you to be there at the expense of everything else in your life (kids, wife, personal time). if you're single and fresh out of school, this might be good fit, otherwise, be aware.
Mature stable company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  MDNovember 11, 2014
Mature stable company with global presence, chance for relocation / working in various countries.

Upward mobility and career growth somewhat limited.
Busy, focused work environment
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2013
Professional, driven work environment focused on metrix and data processing. Contract review, management and maintenance is what a typical day consists of.