Metz Culinary Management Employee Reviews

Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PADecember 15, 2015
Enjoyed my time at the company and the experience I gained. Lots of company perks like discounts at restaurants, annual company seminar and people.
Hard work
associate (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCNovember 4, 2015
I Worked for the company for a short time. It was very enjoyable. The customers are great and the atmosphere was amazing. The work was hard and the policies are very strict. You must be on time for work every schedule with in your first 90 days or you will loose your job. Call in 2 hrs prior to your shift if your going to be late.
Excellent Company with great values
General Manager -P&L (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 31, 2015
Excellent company values and supportive management. Culture allows for personal and professional growth. As company grows additional Regional support is needed.
Able to use my Culinary Creativity
Chef (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 31, 2015
The best part of this job is that I can make menu changes that allow me to use my creativity when making daily meals for the dining room.
The sad part is that management allows to much hostility between employees and does nothing to fix the problem.There is too much favoritism between some employees and management.
I do not play into favoritism,I rely on my hard work and my ability to create different dishes that are enjoyed by the people dining at the seminary.
I was Meh
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTSeptember 15, 2015
my first day on my I got the job by word of the mouth. It was a already a crazy day. extremely high tensions the people seemed out of sorts.
one woman is always in a negative place which can sometimes drive the other workers to go negative she isn't really a team player, things must be done her way or she will talk under breath and scowl and just turn into this hazard, she gets all worked and won't slow down I'm afraid she may hurt someone. I know kitchens are supposed to be somewhat on high anxiety but this is just off the charts.
The students are beyond disrespectful to the staff in the kitchen and it has never been brought up. I have said many times I would like something to be done, Hold a meeting about the way the students treat us but management is letting things slip out of control.
Pros
learned knife skills.
Cons
No breaks no team help no mamagment help
motivating workplace
Hospitality associate (Current Employee) –  Lewiston MaineSeptember 4, 2015
It is a great company to work. I work in a team environment. the hardest part of my job is not getting attached to the patients.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
I love working here! I am so excited about the new facility in Nashville at The Cal Turner Center. The place is beautiful and the new management is very nice. With all the meetings, events, conferences and cafeteria, there is a lot of work for me. Plus I get benefits and a good wage with room to grow. I really am enjoying working at Metz.
Pros
Great building and nice people to work with.
Cons
Really busy with lots of events, I can work all the time. Not really bad.
unstable management and working environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 14, 2015
although i enjoyed the customer service aspect of the job and serving customers, the management was constantly being altered, while the needs of the employees were seemingly ignored.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
micro-management and poor attitudes of co workers or i can say they were unhappy
Not a company that you can grow with.
Night Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaJuly 7, 2015
Wait of customers, restock, clean up. I learned how to connect with customers. The management needs improvement. Some coworkers need to be replaced with ones that are not lazy. Cleaning is the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable is interacting with customers.
Pros
Love working with people
Cons
Not very good management.
Nice
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 16, 2015
Working with Metz was very beneficial to my networking status and customer service skills. Metz is a family owned company that provided jobs to college students looking for jobs on campus.
Productive efficiant workplace.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 29, 2015
Fast paced productive kitchen environment with strong management, and reliable coworkers. High quality food production and fast dependable food services and deliver.
Fun Place to Work
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FlMarch 25, 2015
Mwtz was a fast Paced environment however it was a joy to go to work because the employees are all very positive and a pleasure to work with. Overall the Experience was a joy.
Pros
Great Lunch
Benefits
Productive Place
Lead Cook- Preparation of evening meal (Current Employee) –  Lehigh ValleyFebruary 17, 2015
Current location is not fulfilling for someone with Culinary Education and looking to learn and feel great about the product being served.
Pros
wants culinary insight
Cons
no culinary structure
Ehhh
service worker (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 2, 2014
I enjoy working here because my co-workers and ONLY because of my co-workers. Management is HORRIBLE, and the supervisors do all the work. However, I enjoy being able to interact with the students of the campus that come to the food court and order food.
Working with students
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 22, 2014
When a new company comes in to manage the cafeteria, it's always a pleasure meeting with students coming in for job applications. Answering a multi-line, students will call for a status of their application. My co-workers were fantastic as we worked as a team.
Pros
free breakfast and lunches
Cons
cut everyones hours from 40 hrs to 20 hrs
Ever-changing Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PaSeptember 24, 2014
Every day is a new chance to learn and experience something you hadn't the previous day.
Great company to work for. Employees come first attitude
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 27, 2014
I would like to continue working for Metz, its a great company and they have treated me great. I just have to commute from Columbus Ohio to Zanesville Ohio around 140 miles daily. Metz does not have any accounts closer to Columbus.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
commute
Has been a thrill ride since day 1!
Assistant Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PAAugust 17, 2014
Good culture, has been a fun ride, would like to have continued with. Thanks for the 14 years of excitement, and every day brought a new challenge!
Pros
good corporate support, leeway to find innovative solutions, taken care of at company meeings!
Cons
the life of a contractor can be frustraing at times.
Metz Culinary Management
DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, PAJune 22, 2014
This employer is a family owned contract management company specializing in the food and environmental services markets.
Okay
General Manager / DC Area Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2014
Good company to work for. Learned a lot. Friendly coworkers