Metz Culinary Management

Metz Culinary Management Employer Reviews

Fun workplace with free food
Cook (Current Employee), Annville, PAJanuary 24, 2014
I assist cooks to preprare food for college students, staff and special events. The people that work there are a lot of fun and make going to work enjoyable.
great company and great people
General Manager, Friends Select School (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2013
really hard decision to leave this company. i would love to work for them again.
High School Kitchen
Keystone Oaks High School Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, PASeptember 2, 2013
Overseeing high school kitchen, ordering inventory, providing a safe and clean working environment, baking and cooking breakfast and lunches, cashier, and depositing money into bank at the end of everyday.
Ok good...Um well Not sure -yes no wait, I'll get back to you!
Employee (Current Employee), SouthApril 15, 2013
Pros: nice benefits fair salary. home office/hr support. employee health and wellness
Cons: poor training/ leadership direction. treatment of managers
Nice mid size contract company, my opinion the South division is in need of resources/capabilities to run area properly. DM seemed to be overwhelmed, confused, paranoid and not able to handle the rapid growth of the area. Poor training/ leadership direction causes folks to "wing it" which causes inconsistency, which is a result of lack of or poor training – more... and leadership. I witnessed an enormous amount of frivolous spending to take over a new account. Massive amount of small wares purchased that had no use for in the account, most went into the trash.-brand new items. Seemed they may have been auto shipped. Poor planning. The owner must have very deep pockets or blind as to what is going on during openings.
Training is poor, unorganized, and inconsistent. I am ok with problem solving I actually enjoy it, but when you need to ask for help you expect to get it.
I would love to work for MCM in a different region. – less
Good company finding their way
Vice-President School Services (Former Employee), Dallas, PAJune 15, 2012
Metz is a family owned and run company.. Trying to grow and figuring out the best way.
Many outstanding folks work at Metz who are professional and skilled.

The best part of the job was being in the field with the GM's and the hardest was corporate structure.

I really enjoyed my time with this organization