Metz Culinary Management Employee Reviews in United States

School I work for is amazing
Kitchen Supervisor/Server/Catering (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHApril 3, 2016
I will set up for breakfast at 5:30am, snacks to preschoolers after breakfast, then I will start orders for the day and get started on setting up for lunch for 400 staff and students. I enjoy the students and staff I serve daily,they all make me smile,
Pros
free lunches, great insurance benefits
Excellent Company with great values
General Manager -P&L (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 31, 2015
Excellent company values and supportive management. Culture allows for personal and professional growth. As company grows additional Regional support is needed.
Jack in the box
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Not importantJuly 14, 2016
At first it was and ok place to work, but you soon find out there is no room for growth. They make empty promises, they pretend to train you, they use you for their own benefit. No matter how much I asked to learn there was always some excuse. As for management they play you as stupid just to get their BONUS on your account. I would say proceed with caution this company is not for everyone. It's not what you know, but who.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
No advancement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
I love working here! I am so excited about the new facility in Nashville at The Cal Turner Center. The place is beautiful and the new management is very nice. With all the meetings, events, conferences and cafeteria, there is a lot of work for me. Plus I get benefits and a good wage with room to grow. I really am enjoying working at Metz.
Pros
Great building and nice people to work with.
Cons
Really busy with lots of events, I can work all the time. Not really bad.
Do not apply
n/a (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 29, 2015
If you want a job that will take you seriously, help you when needed, does not favor sides, gives you hours, and has a good work environment... well this is not the company or place to work at. They are the complete opposite.
Pros
free lunch, amazing patients and residents, and some good coworkers
Cons
favoring, bad pay, no hours, and poor supervisors and management
I was Meh
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTSeptember 15, 2015
my first day on my I got the job by word of the mouth. It was a already a crazy day. extremely high tensions the people seemed out of sorts.
one woman is always in a negative place which can sometimes drive the other workers to go negative she isn't really a team player, things must be done her way or she will talk under breath and scowl and just turn into this hazard, she gets all worked and won't slow down I'm afraid she may hurt someone. I know kitchens are supposed to be somewhat on high anxiety but this is just off the charts.
The students are beyond disrespectful to the staff in the kitchen and it has never been brought up. I have said many times I would like something to be done, Hold a meeting about the way the students treat us but management is letting things slip out of control.
Pros
learned knife skills.
Cons
No breaks no team help no mamagment help
Able to use my Culinary Creativity
Chef (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 31, 2015
The best part of this job is that I can make menu changes that allow me to use my creativity when making daily meals for the dining room.
The sad part is that management allows to much hostility between employees and does nothing to fix the problem.There is too much favoritism between some employees and management.
I do not play into favoritism,I rely on my hard work and my ability to create different dishes that are enjoyed by the people dining at the seminary.
rewarding career
Culinary Worker/Cook (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAApril 6, 2016
short order cook for Metz culinary food service at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford. The duties I was responsible for was cooking and serving food to the customers when their orders were ready, providing excellent customer service, paying attention with great detail to the orders, and doing maintenance work to the kitchen when the shift was over.
Poor environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 16, 2016
I would not recommend this company to anyone. It is consistently hostile, very little room for growth, poor benefits, and no job security. Many are unhappy due to lack of organization and communication.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No job security
it was a very nice place to work for , but lacked effiency.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 29, 2016
the co-workers were really lazy and hardly worked, at-least where i worked. and the job also did not provide sufficient break brake times. i remember times that they didn't even provide any breaks what so ever.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks, poor service
Fun Place to Work
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHMarch 24, 2016
I love my job! Everybody is so nice, and willing to work with any availability issues you may have. If you do have a problem with something, they are willing to work with you to find a solution!
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No tuition reimbursement
fun
Deli and Salad Bar Attendee (Former Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHJuly 6, 2016
metz was a friendly environment to work in, everyone was fun and loving. the customers were amazing and never had an attitude
Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PADecember 15, 2015
Enjoyed my time at the company and the experience I gained. Lots of company perks like discounts at restaurants, annual company seminar and people.
Hard work
associate (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCNovember 4, 2015
I Worked for the company for a short time. It was very enjoyable. The customers are great and the atmosphere was amazing. The work was hard and the policies are very strict. You must be on time for work every schedule with in your first 90 days or you will loose your job. Call in 2 hrs prior to your shift if your going to be late.
Not a company that you can grow with.
Night Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaJuly 7, 2015
Wait of customers, restock, clean up. I learned how to connect with customers. The management needs improvement. Some coworkers need to be replaced with ones that are not lazy. Cleaning is the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable is interacting with customers.
Pros
Love working with people
Cons
Not very good management.
unstable management and working environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 14, 2015
although i enjoyed the customer service aspect of the job and serving customers, the management was constantly being altered, while the needs of the employees were seemingly ignored.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
micro-management and poor attitudes of co workers or i can say they were unhappy
motivating workplace
Hospitality associate (Current Employee) –  Lewiston MaineSeptember 4, 2015
It is a great company to work. I work in a team environment. the hardest part of my job is not getting attached to the patients.
Ok good...Um well Not sure -yes no wait, I'll get back to you!
Employee (Current Employee) –  SouthApril 15, 2013
Nice mid size contract company, my opinion the South division is in need of resources/capabilities to run area properly. DM seemed to be overwhelmed, confused, paranoid and not able to handle the rapid growth of the area. Poor training/ leadership direction causes folks to "wing it" which causes inconsistency, which is a result of lack of or poor training and leadership. I witnessed an enormous amount of frivolous spending to take over a new account. Massive amount of small wares purchased that had no use for in the account, most went into the trash.-brand new items. Seemed they may have been auto shipped. Poor planning. The owner must have very deep pockets or blind as to what is going on during openings.
Training is poor, unorganized, and inconsistent. I am ok with problem solving I actually enjoy it, but when you need to ask for help you expect to get it.
I would love to work for MCM in a different region.
Pros
nice benefits fair salary. home office/hr support. employee health and wellness
Cons
poor training/ leadership direction. treatment of managers
Fun Place to Work
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FlMarch 25, 2015
Mwtz was a fast Paced environment however it was a joy to go to work because the employees are all very positive and a pleasure to work with. Overall the Experience was a joy.
Pros
Great Lunch
Benefits
Productive efficiant workplace.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 29, 2015
Fast paced productive kitchen environment with strong management, and reliable coworkers. High quality food production and fast dependable food services and deliver.

2.8