Metz Culinary Management Employee Reviews

Terrible.
Management (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 12, 2017
This company is one of the worst I have ever worked for. Management is incompetent, snakes in the grass. Out of town chefs would come in to the account to "help" and all they did was poke holes, and go run to tattle. I never had an orientation, training, NOTHING and then got fired for no reason. What a profit hungry, pathetic mongrel to work for.
a typical day a work as a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 2, 2017
the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to intereact with people and eat all you want and you had your good manager as well as your bad ones.
Pros
free food
Cons
lack of advance
Ok!
Prep Cook/Other (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 22, 2017
This company was an ok experience, I worked for them for 2 years. Great coworkers, a lot of them are lazy though. Terrible management, they laid back but very unprofessional. Terrible pay, raises suck. Benefits suck. Its fast paced and demanding. People will try to walk over you. They show favoritism to different people.
Pros
It can be a laid back job at times
Cons
Terrible pay, raises are not good
Fast paced, with a lot of customer service
Prep-Cook (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PASeptember 29, 2017
I went in early, which was my favorite time of the day, to prep food and breakfast services. Then, I would spend most of the day prepping food for lunch, or cooking breakfast made-to-order. There were only about 5 co-workers, but the manager did not treat everyone equally, which often made it an uncomfortable environment. I loved cooking, especially when people would come back to tell me how great something was. It made me happy to make them happy. I did not enjoy my particular work environment. I worked very hard and held myself to high standards (ie following all safety rules and regulations in a kitchen setting), and co-workers didn't. It was frustrating that no one else seemed to care or value their work. Which, I believe, was because it was not a well-paying job.
Pros
Making people happy with food
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Sucks
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 27, 2017
Just Don't Do It. Management is inconsiderate, and does not care for their staffing. Some departments just hold down right rude employees. Hard to work in environment.
Very fast past and busy place to work
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, PASeptember 13, 2017
My experience was that it was. Lots of things going .on THAT being. Some things that went on were not
Professional...
But i think that was due to different employees not the management
Pros
Food always fresh and menu was always new
Cons
Healthcare was to much
Great Job
General Manager/ Chef (Former Employee) –  ncSeptember 11, 2017
Great company to work for
Good balance of life
Mon- Friday....weekend off
travel in local area fun to support other units
other managers supportive and friendly
Cons
drive
A great place to learn how to pay attention to little details.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYAugust 23, 2017
This job taught me a lot about time management. The reason being is because at this job, i learned that time should not be wasted because it could cause some back up in the future. A great starting job for anyone who is looking to learn how to discipline themselves.
Fun workplace
Cafeteria Porter (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 21, 2017
The cafe stayed busy all the time, lots of college students.
It was a really exciting job there was never a dull moment.
There were free lunches, and the pay was more than acceptable for that particular role.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It kind of got overwhelming at times when we had high schools visit but nothing i couldnt handle.
A good company to work for
Lead Cook/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 2, 2017
An overall good company but they could pay better for the amount of work my job entailed.I also like the fact that I was able to get Safe Serve Certified through the company.n
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Didnt provide enough assistance help
Excellent!
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 19, 2017
My days are typical 8 hour days. I have learned many facets along the way with Metz. They are an excellent company to work for but can have limited opportunities for advancement in some areas. They are growing fast though so it wont last long. Culture is excellent food and guest satisfaction always! Great place to work!
Pros
Free lunch, 8 hour days, excellent upper management
Cons
401k match is 10%
Professional and supportive
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2017
Metz has thier act together but could use a better structure of district managers. My experience has been overall very positive. The senior leadership is wonderful and some of the best mentors one could ask for
Fun but hardworking job
Retail/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJuly 17, 2017
The hours are long in this career, but the people I worked with were amazing and fun. It felt like you were working with family everyday. It was a great place.
Great company
Catering Server / Food Service worker (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 4, 2017
Great company. Very fun and hands on. Learning about food safety and food service. Fun environment. Good skill that one can take home and use. Good pay.
This is a great company to work for.
Front of House Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2017
I love working for this company and can see myself being a benefit and further improving and expanding on what this company does and stands for. The atmosphere is energetic and laid back and the employees are fun to work with.
Pros
One free employee meal
Great Work Enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2017
This is a great company to work for because they offer plenty opportunities for growth as well as offer competitive wages. Schedules are flexible and managers are easy to talk to.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Limited hours during summer
A fast pace job that keeps you focused and productive.
Dishwasher / Server / Front Desk (greeter) (Former Employee) –  Niagara University, NYMay 24, 2017
Metz Culinary Management is great place for a person to learn the basic/intermediate skills to cook, clean and serve people of all ages and businesses/parties of all kinds.
Pros
Free food and great community
Cons
late hours
Great people with bad work ethic.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 18, 2017
I wouod suggets this as a great place for learning and for people just getting their foot into the culinary industry. However due to the extraneous amount of time off, is not suitable for everyone.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Over worked
Too much favorism
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHMay 16, 2017
It would be a great place to workif everyone was treated fairly. Some managers favor the female employees while the males dont get treated the same.but my job is easy and i am very affective at it. I try to learn as much as i can
Pros
Free food
Cons
Favortism
management issues
Server (Current Employee) –  Annville, PAMay 5, 2017
The management staff does not communicate with employees. They also are only open 8 months out of the year which makes it difficult to maintain a home life with bills and balance working
Pros
free lunch
Cons
only open 8 months out of the year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metz Culinary Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9