Mexican Restaurant

Mexican Restaurant Employee Reviews

hard work under minimum pay
Waitress (Former Employee), harvey, ilJune 12, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: only two waitors
I was doing like 5 peoples jobs they only had another girl and my self working the place not including the chef. We had to split the tips too. The job wasnt worth it
a little fun
server (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 27, 2015
Pros: good things when you have no costumers can take breaks
Cons: bad things are that they hire u for one thing then they want you to alot of things
a normal day is very busy specially on saturdays and sundays, some times, we learn how to take care of alot of people needs, my co workers are pretty good, frendly and nice
Good work environment.
Cook (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: team work.
Cons: short work hours.
My fellow employees helped one another out and worked through problems together. Unfortunately, it was difficult to work the hours I would have liked to work due to the majority of shifts being around 4-6 hour shifts.
Productive and fun environment place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee), High Point, North CarolinaJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches, discounts, full time job
On a typical day at the restaurant it was always fun and felt great to come in and work where the environment felt good.
New customers always came in and we always had specials everyday and on weekends. Always informed customers about the specials and made sure there food was ordered correctly.
I never had a complaint and always made sure customers where happy. It was stressful at times but other than that
I enjoyed everything about this job.
Productive work place excellent customer service
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee), mishawaka, inJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: half priced meals
Cons: short breaks due to being the only waitress
a typical day at work would be slow business during the week every other week. i learned proper way to take orders. the management was very good. my co-workers were very friendly. i enjoyed having satisfied customers.
Fun workplace, Good employees
Manager (Former Employee), Sedona, AZDecember 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches, long breaks
Cons: long days/nights
Easy going management, as long as you do your job.
Learned a lot about running a business
Learned to manage people and be a leader
Fast paced environment,great experience.
Hostess/Greeter/ Employee Schedule Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2013
Great learning how to run the front part of a restaurant and create schedules. All employees and management very helpful.
it was a good job
Chef , dishwasher , cashier (Former Employee), e. Toledo OhioAugust 27, 2013
Pros: no work
Cons: no work
it was the opening of the restaurant so it wasn't allot of business
Love their food
cook (Former Employee), Albertville, MNAugust 20, 2013
I worked here for quite a bit of time, it was my first real job. Loved the queso, just lots of hours for a 15 year old at the time.
busy
old road (Former Employee), mescalero, nmJuly 28, 2013
the Mexican restaurant is old road. a typical day was easy paced and controllable.
manager to stict with clothes
Waitress (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 10, 2013
Pros: one free lunch
Cons: short skirts, not enough pay
slow days no tips
manager was strict on what to wear, no holidays, no days off, and not enough pay
Productive, fun and friendly
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Orland, CAMay 21, 2013
very outgoing and fun place to work out, i loved it! Really helped me become less shy than i used to be, learned to have good communication skills with the customers. Made sure customers had everything they needed, took orders, checked up on them, cleaned tables, washed dishes, and charged them at the register. Cleaned and re-stocked for the night. Co-workers are very easy going and fun to work with. Best part of the job was getting to meet and talk to new and different people.
Great to work for a private family, but difficult to change a old culture. There is only one way, and thats hard to change as well
Corporate Chef (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch, work/life balance
Cons: none that are personal, but the business ones are pay, benefits, and lack of empowerment
My work day varies, one day I am cooking, some days on the road hittng the locations, some days im pulling trailers, others im selling full service catering for hundreds of people. I have brought a lot to the team, and my expierience speaks for itself. We could do better with a focused leading team, but we are strong none the less. The management has made it this far, they lack follow through, and attention to the single big picture, instead of the collage. Once you build a strong team focus on the important side of business with the directors, but empower them to follow through with the compnay needs.

Hardest part of the job, is changing what everyone expected to stay the same.

I have learn a lot of new techniques, recipes, flavors, and other things. As well I have learned that You should absolutely always think out of the box.
Fast Pace
Waitress (Former Employee), Pawnee, OKFebruary 15, 2013
Working atalways caused exhaustion! I would take peoples orders, make drinks, place food in bags and deliver the food. I would also answer the phone, worked drive-thru, filled empty places, cleaned and constantly dealt with customers and money. I enjoyed working there a lot it was just very exhausting!
Fast Pace
Waitress (Former Employee), Pawnee, OKFebruary 15, 2013
Working at Sonic always caused exhaustion! I would take peoples orders, make drinks, place food in bags and deliver the food. I would also answer the phone, worked drive-thru, filled empty places, cleaned and constantly dealt with customers and money. I enjoyed working there a lot it was just very exhausting!
very busy job
Bus Boy (Former Employee), doravilleJuly 9, 2012
Alot of work. the hardest days would be on weekends because there are alot of plates to carry and wash.

About Mexican Restaurant

Mexican Restaurants, Inc. is a holding company. The Company operates and franchises full-service Mexican-theme restaurants featuring – Read more

Mexican Restaurant Salaries