Meyer Capital Management is a Fee-only Registered Investment Advisor specializing in serving private, non-institutional clients. We craft carefully designed portfolios to meet the unique to the needs of each client and offer an exceptional customer experience. Our established record of investment performance and client retention is a result of paying meticulous attention to their needs. All client assets are managed in a collaborative team environment with strict adherence to the highest ethical practices and fiduciary standards.
The Portfolio Manager / Securities Analyst is a hybrid position that affords the successful professional the opportunity to contribute to portfolio management decision-making as well as fundamental securities research, in that order. Primary focus is given to separate account portfolio management including client-facing activities (~50%). Secondary emphasis is on fundamental securities analysis (~30%) and general organization-building activities (~20%).
1. Serve as a thought leader regarding economic developments, market trends, asset classes and equity & fixed income securities.
2. Provide the CIO with regular (i.e., daily) concise, actionable alerts regarding material economic data reports, company earnings releases, credit upgrades/downgrades, security price changes, and results of technical and/or fundamental research.
3. Proactively recommend strategic client-specific investment opportunities to the CIO.
4. Client-facing communications including emails, letters, meetings, telephone calls etc.
5. Provide backup support for data integrity in the MCM security information database, including security definitions, and respond to internal queries regarding specific holdings and market related data.
6. Contribute to staff projects: eNewsletter, client communications, promotional materials, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or equivalent experience
- Two to five years of professional experience
- A minimum of one year professional experience in a client-facing role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Articulate and professional communication
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- High competency in time management and efficient workflow practices
- GPA 3.0+ from a respected undergraduate university
- Experience with Schwab Portfolio Center and Junxure
- Open office facility
- Work in team-based environment; excellent communication skills imperative
- Flexibility, client service and attention to accuracy are keys to success
- Travel less than 10%
- Must be physically able to climb 30 stairs and lift 50 pounds
MCM offers a competitive compensation program and a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation package NOT included with this position.
Anderson Township; Cincinnati, Ohio
To apply for this position, please submit both a cover letter and resume. Cover letter is required.
Thank you for your interest in Meyer Capital Management; candidates matching the position criteria will be contacted.