Meyer Capital Management is a Fee-only Registered Investment Advisor specializing in serving private, non-institutional clients. We craft carefully designed portfolios to meet the financial needs of each client and offer an exceptional customer experience. Our established record of investment performance and client retention is a result of paying meticulous attention to their needs. All client assets are managed in a collaborative team environment with strict adherence to the highest ethical practices and fiduciary standards.
The Securities Analyst combines market news and secondary research reports to craft specific investment recommendations for each client portfolio across a broad range of asset classes. In support of client portfolio management, the Securities Analyst also functions as the firm’s primary trader and essential knowledge basis for internal and external data presentation. Additional projects performed as necessary.
- Serve as primary thought leader regarding economic developments, market trends, asset classes and equity & fixed income securities.
- Provide the CIO with regular (i.e. daily) concise, actionable alerts regarding material economic data reports, company earnings releases, credit upgrades/downgrades, security price changes, and results of technical and/or fundamental research.
- Supervise the MCM Master Portfolio by understanding individual client portfolios and client-specific investment objectives. Responsible for following, monitoring and reporting on the specific holdings in the master portfolio.
- Maintain security definitions and data integrity in the MCM portfolio management database and resolve internal queries regarding specific holdings and market related data.
- Act as primary securities trader across all asset classes.
- Contribute to staff projects: newsletter, client communication, promotional material, etc.
- Conduct primary and/or secondary research on a wide variety of securities, economic conditions, and investment outlooks to use as basis for investment recommendations along with personal opinion from wide reading of popular financial publications.
- Inform the CIO daily of noteworthy interim research outcomes and/or other material developments that impact the master portfolio.
- Identify client specific investment opportunities and recommend specific securities to fulfill these opportunities to CIO.
- Responsible for trade strategy, order entry, execution and allocation.
- Track client portfolio cash positions for reinvestment or to meet disbursement needs.
- Participate in ad hoc projects to meet client or prospective client needs such as the creation of exhibits for meetings or data analyses.
- Participate in securities evaluation for prospective new clients.
- Maintain new client performance tracking.
- Evaluate potential client benefit from class-action lawsuits.
- Professional development / education
- Participate in administrative office support as needed
- The Securities Analyst will typically be on a financial track, and could move toward either portfolio management with a client focus or analysis.
- Open office facility
- Work in team-based environment
- Flexibility, customer service and attention to accuracy key to success
- Travel less than 10%
- Must be physically able to climb 30 stairs and lift 25 pounds
Indeed - 5 months ago