MGA Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Love this place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2016
Really great to their nurses and offer great benefits but do not offer a 401k. I love working for them,=. They really look after their nurses. Sometimes even deliver lunches to you and your patient. So easy to pick up shifts
Pros
free lunches
Cons
dont pay to re certifications
Control of your time personal and professional
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 16, 2016
Very professional company to work for. Always provide shifts in the area or specialty requested to work. Recognize the importance of providing quality care and choose their employees and facilities accordingly. I found the hardest part of being a registry nurse is once at the facility that working assignments often are assigned unfairly with heavier loads than the hospital staff. The most enjoyable part is that you make your own schedule and have more control of your hours and personal life.
Pros
set you own schedule
Cons
unfair heavy work assignments
MGA Healthcare
Compliance/Vendor System Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2016
MGA Healthcare was a wonderful environment to work in. The work culture was always upbeat, optimistic and happy. Communication between management and employees was great. That is what makes a company excel.
Pros
Open Communication
Cons
Compliance was a little stressed
MGA Review
Project Manager/Compliance-Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2016
Management, communication and accountability need to be addressed.

No sense of stability or job security. Job culture is fun but often times forget work ethics and responsibilities.
Fun Workplace but not professional
Vendor Compliance Specialist/Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2016
I enjoyed MGA healthcare because of the relationships that I made with some of my smart and talented coworkers. I didn't not enjoy the lack or organization when it came to training and handling temp workers files.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
Things are not handled in a professional manner. Very sloppy and unorganized.
Productive and Honest
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 12, 2016
Always stay true to their word! My recruiter is super awesome and takes good care of me. I don't have to worry about anything and always get things done on time. The staffing is super friendly and very good listeners. They always call to see how the work week is going and seeing about availability for the next coming up week.
Pros
Cons
N/A
Works hard to give hour where available
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 8, 2016
The people are good to work with. They do not have benefits, except a 401k opportunity. Other than that, it is all on you. They do not offer any travel perks or benefits because they are a registry, not travel, so it is not available to them to offer it.
Do not work for this company!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CADecember 1, 2015
This company is very backwards, communication is very off. They don't care if you're sick or have kid(s) that isn't feeling good, they'll fire you for petty reasons because they feel you were in the wrong. Other than that, my coworkers & hospital where I worked at was really nice.
Pros
Lunch, Breaks, Coworkers
Cons
Bad Communication, Short Pay
Great agency to work with, this was my first ageny I signed up with
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2015
First time I worked with an agency and it is a great experience. Cameron was able to find me a job the first day I was there. Was placed at UCSF and loved it. People at UCSF were great and I loved the job I was doing. My co-workers were great but the management not so. Very rude and uncaring.
Pros
Easy way to find work
Cons
low wages and no guarantee that the job you were place at will hire
Consistency and professional
LPN (Current Employee) –  PhoenixJune 1, 2015
I have found my recruiter to be supportive and encouraging. The fact that I love what I do lends to my being kept busy. The company works with my schedule and ensures that I am happy. Working for a company that is proactive for its employees is a bonus that promotes retention and allowance for personal advancement. I believe in this company as it has consistently proven that it believes in me with encouragement and a schedule that suits me and my family.
Pros
Recruiter/scheduling support
Cons
Typical home health environs
MGA staff are all professional and helpful
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2015
My recruiter makes himself available for any assistance I might need in my present assignment. The hardest part of the job is not having a guarantee for a full shift on certain days. When the center is slow, being on the registry will be the first one to be cancelled. My recruiter has given me an option if I would want to be available to work in other facility, when needed. This is a good company to work for.

It is difficult to rate the MGA CEO because I do not have any dealings with him/her.
always at different facilities putting my diverse knowledge to use
CST (Current Employee) –  Greater sacramento areaMarch 31, 2015
always at a different facility
trusted in my skills and teaching
love the diverse cases and experiences at each facility
Staff and clients are good
LVN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2014
The staff was good, clients were great. The pay is ok. As far as job security, not so good.
Pros
clients
Cons
job security
Group team effort in every area.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 18, 2014
Excellent company to work for when increasing skills. Also exvellent company to work for when looking for part time work while working another job or making ends meet.
the work was consisted,the staff was friendly,good communication skill's
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 21, 2014
I would check in Will to see what jobs they could have for me.ST.Luke's Labor and Delivery,report to the charge nurse,get my assignment start work.I learned just because you have a birth plan does mean that you will use it.Also everyone doesn't not use a pain medication,Management was friendly and was good in keeping you working.Co-worker was great very helpful,willing to teach,to show you how to use the different monitor's,put the leads on belly properly,clean equipment and store it properly.fill the warmer,stock the shelf's,get the cribs.The hardest part of the job is listening to the new born baby cry you want to spoil then right away,most enjoyable part is to see the parents and the baby all together and the smile on there faces .and to know that the little part that you did makes a different.
Pros
christmas luncheons, free food for appreciation, flowers, thank you cards
Cons
short schedule, being sent home, working on wrong day, not knowing co-worker names
productive company
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 7, 2014
it was an exciting company. I was a traveling technician and it was nice to work at more than one hospital in a week. sometime I got last minute instructions making it hard to accomidate
Productive, good environment, fast pace within a small business
Medical biller and coding (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 9, 2013
A Typically day at work.. retrieve all incoming voicemail and email. download daily work for the accounts I was assigned. processes physicians medical billing on epic system or vista system , keyed in all new patients information , verified insurance liabilities, collected co-pay, deductible, and assist patient with financial payment plan and on all outstanding unpaid claims from all insurance co.

my former employer offices was a very small group of nine individuals including the owner and supervisor. the over environment was great a good group individuals hat assist other when time was stressful.

The most difficulty thing about my job was the lack of training provided .The supervisor never gave a full comprehensive training an that could be due the size the company so it was learn as go.

I enjoyed working at MGA once I got to know the system and developed a plan to handled the workload and the co-worker where pleasant and supportive.

My overall experience was good; this company is a stepping stone to larger company it prepared you for an fast pace environment on the back end of the physician and patients customer service , multi-tasking , researching issues dealing the patient and insurance company. plus reaching individual and team goals within a
company.
Pros
hours of work, flexiblility dealing with family
Cons
lunch to short only 30 mins no breaks offered and benefits given where bad nothing for family
unstable work
RN (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAOctober 4, 2013
shifts were not always available making it hard to pay the bills at times
Pros
lot of days off
Cons
lots of days off
this company was ok to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTSeptember 23, 2013
This company was ok to work for but had limited facilities that is was servicing and limited number of hours that were available.
Cons
limited available hours
Good company with strong values but poor compensation and employee retention
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2013
Below standard pay and no benefits, but the people are nice. There is no help for employees in personal crisis, however, which is unfortunate for a company with such great potential... Management is quick to respond to concerns, but sometimes slow in their resolution of issues. Although the hours are flexible, a nurse might sometimes finds his/herself without any work at all for weeks at a time.

2.9