MGA Healthcare Employee Reviews

Entry level
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2017
This company was great for recently college graduates. It was definitely a stepping stone to get into the healthcare field. Their management and organization could use some work.
Great Temp Service
Medical Support Assistant, Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94105June 29, 2017
If your looking for a temp service in the medical field, this is your place. As a new medical assistant coming into the healthcare field this company helped me tremendously with finding the perfect job.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
No paid vacation
June 30, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear you had a great experience.

Great Team
Medical Office Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2017
Great people to work with and awesome communication. I have never worked for such a great temporary agency before. They are very caring and supportive and work hard to get your placed.
July 5, 2017

We appreciate the feedback. Thank you for the review and the kind words!

needs better pay
Payroll Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 5, 2017
higher pay for the work being done. Staying overtime everyday just need better time management. But just overall im looking for a better paying with advancement.
July 5, 2017

Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback.

I did not like the office employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 24, 2017
I really did like working here for the experience. I worked in the VA hospital and learned a lot of things such as ultrasounds. I had consistent, dependable work. However my pay check was sometimes wrong because they did not get the hours from the hospital correct.
Pros
good pay and consistant hrs
Cons
my money was not right on my check
July 5, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience. We strive to be as accurate as possible in every circumstance and appreciate your patience.

Not for everyone
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
plenty of peaks and valleys with this job. It's performance based so they'll fire you quickly! Only a dozen or so people that are in performance position will never be let go.
April 27, 2017

We're sorry to hear your experience did not align with our values. We pride ourselves on our unparalleled commitment to excellence for our clients and employees. Best of luck!

CNA work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 18, 2017
I loved working my patients. And building relationships with my fellow coworkers. Helping people was always something I loved to do and this company helped with this dream.
April 27, 2017

We are happy to hear you had a great experience with MGA! Thank you for your feedback and best of luck to you.

a foot in the door
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2017
Somewhat unethical, they're main priority was filling positions at a highly reputable healthcare institution. They're not necessarily concerned about the success of the individual.
April 27, 2017

Thank you for your review. MGA is committed to both our employees and our clients. Our priority is to match job seekers with great opportunities and clients with exceptional candidates. Best of luck!

Disappointed with MGA Healthcare
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2017
As a recruiter you are expected to make calls and use other resources to find specific healthcare staff. I had multiple managers all of which were on different pages with their thoughts, ideas and expectations of what they wanted me to be focusing on any given day, week or month. Management needs to be on the same page and needs to have more open communication with each other and especially with their employees. No one likes to be left in the dark or the last one to know what thoughts and ideas management has of you, the direction of the company or changes in expectations.
April 27, 2017

We apologize for the confusion and frustration you experienced. We strive to communicate as effectively as possible across all levels. Thank you for your feedback and best of luck.

Communication is Key...too bad this isn't the case
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 20, 2017
They offer great opportunities with some great companies and even with great pay (sometimes), but once an assignment is over and you are eager and ready to begin a new assignment, you are completely forgotten. All forms of communication no longer exist and you are stuck unemployed and back on the job market. They offer a lot of false promises!!!
Cons
Very misleading
April 27, 2017

Thank you for your review. We aim to keep our employees on assignment as often as desired. I'm sorry this was not your experience.

Very busy agency with many helpful employees
RN (Current Employee) –  variedFebruary 27, 2017
Very accurate and helpful. Very patient. Able to keep me busy most of the time. Handle the background paperwork for the employee which is incredibly helpful.
April 27, 2017

Thank you for the kind words! We hope you continue to enjoy your experience with MGA.

Oppertunity of a lifetime
Billing Specialist and Payroll Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 27, 2017
Working for MGA has been one of the most rewarding, and fulfilling experiences of my life. It has changed me for the better both personally and professionally. They gave me the opportunity to learn many different aspects of the home healthcare industry, build relations with my community, and be apart of a family. I have never experienced anything like it, and if it were not for us moving to another state I would stay working for the company as long as possible
Pros
amazing people, environment
Cons
could use more windows
April 27, 2017

Thank you for the compliments! We'll miss you - best of luck!

Caring for ill children and encouraging parents
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Good way to assist parent with difficulties in caring for an ill child. Low stress, high detail to the patient. Very personal in nature every shift.
Pros
Lots of free tme to play with child
Cons
paper charting
April 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see you had a great experience.

Flexiable schedule
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 14, 2017
The staff are very helpful. I enjoyed the opportunity to learn different areas. The workplace culture was very nice. Plenty of work if you are willing to travel to different areas.
Pros
cross training
April 27, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your experience.

recruiter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2017
constant laughter while managing to stay on top of work.

Most enjoyable part was the team atmosphere

Hardest part was dialing that phone all day
April 27, 2017

MGA is proud of creating a work environment that is both fun and productive. Thank you for your feedback.

Will get you work quickly
Urgent Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 22, 2017
typical day at work: Varies with placement

What you learned: first nursing job, learned IM injection, starting IV's, performing blood draws, triage patients in an urgent care facility

Work Culture: varies depending on job placement

The hardest part of job: being flexible about job placement

The most enjoyable part of job: opportunity to explore different areas of nursing and get experience at the same time
April 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! It sounds like you gained valuable experience during your employment. Best of luck!

Horrible company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 10, 2016
Find a better company to work for. They bug you at the beginning (very annoying) to get you in but after they don't even return your calls or emails. They will say they will call you back but never will.Make promises they do not keep. The pay is horrible as well I was not even making minimum wage in SF.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
April 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Your experience does not reflect our company values, and we apologize for your frustrations.

Not a good place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2016
Don't waste your time working here, you can find much better elsewhere . Not enough training. phone calls and emails ignored. false promises made. company is out for a certain "look" if you are to work in the office.
Pros
there are none
Cons
not enough work, slow to build clientele, false promises, ignore emails and phone calls
April 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Your experience does not reflect what we value as a company, and we apologize for your frustration.

Positive experience working with MGA Healthcare
RN (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2016
MGA Healthcare has been a fantastic experience for me so far! The recruiters that the other nurses and I have worked with/encountered have been extremely polite, responsive, and helpful. They reply to my e-mails and phone calls quickly and are always willing to listen to and address my concerns. My recruiter has also stopped by the facility we are contracted at to check up on us personally and bring us lunch/desserts. He also works closely with the facility's management to ensure that our needs, and their needs from us, are being met adequately.

Only cons are there are no benefits (that I know of) and there isn't much room for job advancement.
Pros
Excellent recruiters!
Cons
No benefits, no room for job advancement
April 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. MGA strives to provide an excellent employee experience. I am pleased to inform you that we do offer benefits. Your account manager will be happy to explain them in detail and check your eligibility.

dont waste time on this company
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 10, 2016
I applied for a position that I have 10 years of experience of, never heard anything back from them.. I applied again.. still nothing.. not even a email.
Pros
someone works . posting jobs
Cons
no one calls back.
April 27, 2017

I apologize for the frustration you experienced. We receive hundreds of applications daily and try our best to respond to all job seekers. Thank you for your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9