MGA Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

School
CNA Class (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 5, 2017
I loved it and enjoyed going to school there. They are very helpful and made me feel comfortable. Asking questions made me feel important. I would recommend anyone to enroll there.
Pros
Nice People
November 17, 2017

Thank you for your 5-star review of MGA Academy. We are happy to hear that the staff made you feel heard and supported!

Place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 23, 2017
Amazing people great place too work I will definitely recommend people to work here great atmosphere
They are very convenient and I love the fact that I am able to work at home with family.
August 31, 2017

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We are happy to hear that MGA is able to fulfill the job qualities you seek as an employee!

Good job but not much benefits
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2017
Typical days consisted of a lot of driving around all of Tucson, it was the main reason why this job was hard to maintain because no gas mileage was compensated for. Although staff and families were great to work with.
Pros
Great families
Cons
Driving too much with no compensation
August 22, 2017

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with our staff and families. We value your opinion and feedback regarding mileage reimbursement.

Happy, knowledgeable staff
Staff Nurse, Home Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 5, 2017
I loved this workplace! The management, while much younger than myself, were always very professional, helpful, willing to work within my personal requests. The only reason I left was to return to my preferred environment in hospice, instead of strictly Home Health. Luckily, I am still able/have been requested several times since my departure to return.
Pros
Hard-working, kind Field and Office staff members
Cons
Lengthy, hand-written OASIS format charting (now computerized)
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your review and valued feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the MGA work environment and benefited from the help of our management team.

Pay was good, but not worth it
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 2, 2017
My assigned family was psycho, and management was no help at all! There is zero support from anyone, and their office is a sketchy, temporary-looking place overcrowded with recruiters. The charting was all paper and not efficient. Pay was good but not worth it
Pros
Great money
Cons
Unsupportive management, crazy families
July 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would like to better understand your concerns. If you would be open to speaking with us further, please send an email with your contact information and availability to: customerservice@mgahomecare.com.

Questionable management skills
Staff nurse, pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 27, 2017
Management seems young and at times less than professional. They may not always meet the needs of the clients--mostly that of the parents of the special needs children.
Pros
Had a good support from the nurse case manager
Cons
Unprofessional at times
July 3, 2017

At MGA we are committed to compassionate care. We are interested in learning more about your particular experience so that we can address any unmet needs. Please direct message us at your convenience if you are open to speaking with us further. Thank you.

Fun loving work environment, the make their nurses feel like family.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  9737 Great Hills Trill, Austin TXJune 5, 2017
One of my best Jobs ever! I feel like family whenever I'm around my supervisors. Very good communication skills. They strive to keep their nurses happy at all times.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Health insurance
October 25, 2017

Thank you for your review. Your experience is one we strive for as a company and staff!

No opportunity for advancement, poor communication
Pediatric Home Health Nurse (Registered Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2017
Left alone with stable patient, no new skills developed, minimal communication with management, very detached from admin, nowhere to go at completion of client's term
Needs Improvement
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 5, 2017
Worked for MGA for about a year, felt that the company did not really respect schedules, and was very hard to communicate with staff. You also never really knew what you were getting yourself into, neither did the staff which made the experience a little nerve wrecking.
Pros
The patients were wonderful
Cons
Disorganized
June 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. At MGA, we pride ourselves on flexible scheduling and always strive to provide clear communication to all employees. We are interested in learning more about your experience. Should you be open to discussing it further, please send us a message with your contact details and a time that is convenient for you.

June 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. At MGA, we pride ourselves on flexible scheduling and always strive to provide clear communication to all employees. We are interested in learning more about your experience. Should you be open to discussing it further, please send us an email at customerservice@mgahomecare.com.

Draconian policies and overworked field staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2017
The office staff at MGA are pleasant enough, but the company has no qualms about overworking the field staff and then firing them when they get sick or fall asleep during a shift because they have been working far too many hours, sometimes while sick. The office staff coerces the field staff into overworking themselves by saying things such as "the family really needs you."
Like other homecare companies, MGA does not give PTO to their field staff.
The health care benefits offered were very good, and full-time employees do get 401K benefits.
Pros
working with patients who really need the help
Cons
overworked, no PTO
October 25, 2017

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience as this is not line with our principles and policies as a company. We are interested in learning more about your particular experience. Please email customerservice@mgahomecare.com with your contact details and availability.

Great company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2017
Tons of support from management and HR, they try very hard to keep the employees happy. The hardest part about peds home health is you work with one patient, and it can become redundant on a daily basis. The best part is the bond you build with the family and the patient. Great company to work for!
Supply and Demand
RN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2017
This review is for Austin, TX office of MGA.

The process of getting hired was pretty easy. Interview with your recruiter and then hard interview with the Nurse Educator/Nurse Recruiter. She will ask you very hard clinical questions, there is no fooling her. This company is mainly looking for nurses willing to take care of medically fragile children in their homes with ventilators and trachs. If you do not like kids and their very protective families, do not apply. The application process was pretty easy. Keep in mind they have you in MIND for a certain kid. You do not have a done deal.

I tried twice to get with families. Both times it fell through. I was willing to be a fill in nurse but they were unwilling to go ahead and train me. I needed full time hours but didn't want to work every weekend. I offered 2-3 days of fill in.

All this work to start and nothing. I liked my recruiter but felt they didn't know whole story of families intentions of needs of their clients. Kind of wasted my time. If a family is moving please know exact location of move and what type of nursing shifts they are wanting long-term. I'm thankful I kept hustling elsewhere looking for a full time position.

"Oh I didn't know." Please know what your clients need, and please check with them prior to sending a nurse out to meet and greet. We don't get paid mileage or paid time to meet and greet. After all the misunderstandings, I didn't even get a permanent family to work with from Austin Texas MGA branch. I was offered FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY shifts as a constellation. Once you're on
  more... a case it's extremely hard to get moved. They have to find someone to work your spot.

The pay rate is way lower than hospital work, but I think working with fragile kids would be rewarding. In Austin, the pay is low anyway, so just know this is lower because of reimbursement. Training is barely paid for, $10/hour. They require in office day, full day. Also one day with trainer in home, full day. Meet and greet time is not paid and their is no mileage paid for any job you may take. Remember, this is your license so protect it.

I would be willing to try this again in my future. I liked the office staff.
Pros
One family one place. Nice office staff.
Cons
Horrible training pay, low wages, no payment for mileage, good luck getting time off, questionable health insurance (over 32 hrs get health insurance-high deductible)
June 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It’s unfortunate that we were not able to offer you a permanent, full time position at your initial time of hire. Please be sure to check our website for additional openings.

June 28, 2017

nice people, good to work with
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2017
I was a temporary employee. The management was very nice and good to work with. They did not have the work they thought they would have for me, I did not feel the job was worth the expenditure of time I gave them.
Pros
flexible
Cons
They did not have the amount of work they expected for me
June 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate we did not have the amount of work desired at your time of hire. Please continue to check our website as new openings become available.

great
Sitter/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2017
Just a wonderful company to work for! They are very reliable and will reach out to you to make sure everything is in order because they want you to be successful in what you do at the company.
Pros
paid holidays
June 14, 2017

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to leave a review.

Friendly and supportive management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parker, COApril 3, 2017
Recruiters, case managers, etc. are incredibly warm and welcoming. They very evidently value their nurses.

I have gained confidence in working with G-tubes and tracheostomies.

My biggest challenge has been financial insecurity due to lack of paid time off, sick days, etc.
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
no paid time off
A very rewarding job
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2017
I had a great experience working with for MGA. They placed me with the appropriate patients. Being a home health nurse was very rewarding. I learned more about fragile patients and their families.
June 14, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know we could offer you a fulfilling experience with MGA.

Worst. Company. Ever!!!
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2016
The schedulers are so unprofessional!! They behave as if they are on commission! Its like they have how they want to be staffed and if you cant do it they will flat out drop you cold! Like not even try to find a different patient! I ended up calling corporate because every time i called my local office they would just put me on the phone with the person i was calling to complain about. Told me one pay during the interview then changed it after
Pros
non
Cons
unprofessional
June 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Great consideration and care is required when placing our clinical field staff. Employee compensation is to be determined and agreed upon at the time of final hire. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to review this particular discrepancy with our Austin recruiting staff.

Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 30, 2016
Started there 4 years ago and was groomed to be an Account Manager. I experienced some of the best leadership and training from their Management Team that i was calling my friends daily to come work for MGA.

The Company grew so much when I arrived in 2011. Some minor issues with support elements but leadership always managed the situation.

My wife wanted to move back to the East Coast so I had to gracefully give my notice. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Amazing, caring people from the Top - Down.
Pros
Amazing senior leadership, honest and caring
Cons
technology systems, no EMR, and overcrowded
June 14, 2017

Thank you for your kind words and dedication to MGA. We appreciate your review.

If you can get with the right family you're set.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2016
Have worked with this company for almost 3 years now as a nurse. Initially it was tough to get going. The hours are there however it can be difficult to find a family that is a good fit. My first few cases were a bit of a mess and my hours were inconsistent. My recruiter at the time worked hard to get me my hours, I always had something but not necessarily what I wanted. Honestly, no place is perfect there are times you've got to suck it up, we work in health care and essentially sign up for crazy schedules when we choose this career.
All in all I've had good experiences and bad experiences working here. Over the last 14 months of working here I've found a great family to work with. I have the schedule I want as well as competitive pay. The family and I have a fantastic professional relationship, my time with them has been super rewarding. The benefits are decent. They are slowly working on getting a plan in place for PTO and vacation time. It's a relatively newer company so these things can take time.
there aren't many opportunities for advancement unless you start out doing direct care and decide to shoot for case manager. However, they do offer more pay for cases with more than one patient, so that is a bonus.
Pros
Rewarding work, opportunities to have the schedule you want with decent pay, most office staff are helpful and great to work with.
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement, there is a cap on pay. Ex LPNs top out at $19 unless you work a case with more than 1 patient.
June 14, 2017

Thank you for your dedicated work with MGA. Your feedback is important to us and appreciated.

If you want supportive, helpful management, don't work here
PDN nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2016
Coordinators and ancillary staff were very polite and welcoming. I found nursing management to be very intolerant, judgmental and heavy-handed. There was no support from the management. When I called in after-hours for a nurse supervisor- they did not call me back. This happened 2 or 3 times during my short time at this organization. NO THANK YOU. I'm looking elsewhere.
Pros
Non-nursing staff very nice and professional
Cons
Harsh, judgmental nurse management
June 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. At MGA, we pride ourselves on communication and our 24/7 availability. We would like to learn more about your particular experience. If you are open to speaking with us further, please send us a message with your contact information and a time that is convenient for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGA Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.