MGA Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

Worst. Company. Ever!!!
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2016
The schedulers are so unprofessional!! They behave as if they are on commission! Its like they have how they want to be staffed and if you cant do it they will flat out drop you cold! Like not even try to find a different patient! I ended up calling corporate because every time i called my local office they would just put me on the phone with the person i was calling to complain about. Told me one pay during the interview then changed it after
Pros
non
Cons
unprofessional
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 30, 2016
Started there 4 years ago and was groomed to be an Account Manager. I experienced some of the best leadership and training from their Management Team that i was calling my friends daily to come work for MGA.

The Company grew so much when I arrived in 2011. Some minor issues with support elements but leadership always managed the situation.

My wife wanted to move back to the East Coast so I had to gracefully give my notice. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Amazing, caring people from the Top - Down.
Pros
Amazing senior leadership, honest and caring
Cons
technology systems, no EMR, and overcrowded
If you want supportive, helpful management, don't work here
PDN nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2016
Coordinators and ancillary staff were very polite and welcoming. I found nursing management to be very intolerant, judgmental and heavy-handed. There was no support from the management. When I called in after-hours for a nurse supervisor- they did not call me back. This happened 2 or 3 times during my short time at this organization. NO THANK YOU. I'm looking elsewhere.
Pros
Non-nursing staff very nice and professional
Cons
Harsh, judgmental nurse management
Work environment always full of knowledge to obtain with great team players.
HR Compliance Onboarding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2016
I enjoyed working for MGA Home Healthcare. I had the opportunity to work in almost every specialization within the company. It was a great experience to obtain so much knowledge in all areas. At times it could be overwhelming being short staffed and having to multi task in several areas of the environment, but i felt it only challenged my skills. I was getting really comfortable in HR Compliance and Onboarding of applicants. I do wish i had more time to advance my skills in that division before we closed. I also enjoyed working closely with our clinical staff and learning alot of the medical aspect side of things. I hope to find another opportunity like this to advance and build a future.
Pros
A variable of opportunities for advancement in all departments.
Cons
Being understaffed, you were promoted in and out of positions without your acknowledgement
This company continually called me asking me to work shifts i said were wrong hours and next day a different staffer called asking same thing.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2016
Very unprofessional. One person doesn't know what next person is doing. Staffers are all very young guys with no knowledge of nursing. No work. Just incessant calls.
Pros
a job
Cons
unprofessional
Great staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 22, 2016
Good company to work for with good benefits except pto/vacation hours. Try to match patients to nurses and match scheduled.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No advancement
Not a good place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Spgs, COMarch 26, 2016
This job was one of the worst jobs I ever had. there is no financial security. The pay is horrible and it can take a month or more to even get going full time and if there is an issue with the family (i.e filthy, dirty house, drug use, abuse) and you report it they protect the family and leave the child in an unsafe environment. And guess what you pay for it. They are good at making it seem like they will be there for you but the truth is you are on your own. If you don't care about your nursing license, this is the perfect job.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
possible unsafe working environment, no support
Probably the best place I've ever worked
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 17, 2016
The ownership of this company is unlike any other. They make their employees feel like family and the opportunity to grow with them is endless. A typical day in the life of a medical records coordinator involved anything from sending, receiving, and following up on doctor's orders, and maintaining patient charts, to sending mail or doing special projects for management or the nurses. I learned a great deal while working here and will keep that with me as I progress in my education and career. The co-workers, for the most part, are united and work together as a team to get the job done. The only part of this job that I was not a fan of, was that at times it felt a bit like high school, and individual management was not the greatest. Otherwise, leaving this position was bittersweet, and I still miss it to this day!
Pros
2 paid trips/yr to enjoy nothing but luxury and all expenses paid bliss, generosity that has been met by no other company I've worked for or heard of, working for the families/patients and making a difference.
Cons
the pay for ancillary employees is capped, and not easily livable in Colorado's economy
Compassionate and truly care about your well-being
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Will never work anywhere else or suggest a family use any other company!

The clinical and recruiting team in the office truly care about each patient and employee. They really do go above and beyond to care for everyone. This industry is tough and full of unprofessional companies. MGA has proved to me that they are not one of those companies.
Pros
You feel important and cared for before, during and after you are hired
Basic home health company that doesn't value their nurses
Field nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2015
MGA is not a good company to work for. The team does not support the nursing staff and they rather discuss issues inappropriately with family than be professional. Families complain. Nurses complain. What's the point? Go with another company. One that will support their field staff and leave the 'good Ole boys' club out of it. Leaving as soon as I find a better place to go.
Pros
Great families (sometimes)
Cons
Horrible management, fake support, unprofessional
Liars from the start
nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
I've worked for a few pediatric home health agencies and this one is the worst. The recruiters beg you to work and promise compensation when a nurse calls in but you never receive it. If you say you can't work the weekend because you want to be with your family they try to make you feel bad and beg you to work. Overbooking at least 1 to 2 times monthly is very common. They claim to hire only case specific nurses and not just anyone but had other nurses desperate for work. When a patient threatens to leave they give nurses a raise to force them to convince the parents to stay with the company. When you don't have a regular case and call them daily for work they send you to "difficult homes" or don't call you back at all until the last day of the week so you have no choice but to work the weekends. Lies about pay rate increases and your paycheck being wrong in the first week working is a bad sign. Especially when they question you like it was your fault you didn't notice the discrepancy and you don't even know how to read their complicated check stub. Consistency is not what you're going to get here. And if you're fine with putting your nursing license on the line for others mistakes on MARS and it being swept under the rug then this is the right place.
Pros
Lesson learned
Cons
No consistency except lies
Thankful for Opportunitities at MGA
CNA Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  in various patients' homesAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work would be taking care of my special needs grandson, or of any other patients MGA provided me with. I would help the children with their ADL developments, get them ready in the morning, be with them during therapy sessions and include much of what I learned during these sessions to continue working with the children throughout the rest of the day,.

The only experience I had when starting the CNA classes provided through MGA last summer was my being grandma and taking care of several of my special needs grandsons as childcare provider. MGA gave me a new opportunity and opened doors for me to find a way back into the work place. I have loved working here, but need full-time employment since I am a single woman.

Due to the nature of the job, I did not have much interaction with co-workers. Most of my interaction was with the patients and their parents, with their case managers and the patients' therapists.

The hardest part of the job was seeing setbacks in the medically frail children when they underwent numerous challenges. The most enjoyable part was seeing them make great comebacks and strides.
Pros
Second chances to get back into the work world; great communication; great education and training.
Cons
Not enough hours or at this point in time; would love to see pay increase
Unstable work enviroment
Sales & Marketing/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 8, 2015
Great owner, but some supporting staff members are more about themselves and not willing to get their hands dirty or lead by example.
Compassionate work place
Part-Time CNA (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 7, 2015
I would meet my client at his house and wait for the school bus to drop him off, then i would take him out in the community and do activities with him. At the end of the day I would bathe him and feed him dinner. I loved my job and I loved learning how to communicate in different ways.
Pros
matched my salary
Good work environment.
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 14, 2015
Extremely helpful supervisors and co-workers. Good pay. Lots of traveling involved. Enjoy supervisor feedback and quick turn around in documentation review.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Lots of driving.
Company can do a much better job providing pediatric home care
Pediatric Home Healthcare Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 1, 2015
• Could not depend on a regular schedule
• No additional training was offered, lower than average wages
• Management more focused on recruiting new nurses and NOT on keeping the nurses they have
• Management frequently advertising the need to hire new nurses, yet not providing currently employed nurses with work assignments
• no realistic ongoing relationships with co-workers as the home care nurses usually work alone
• hardest part of the job was feeling alone and unsupported, emails going unanswered, phone messages not being returned
• most enjoyable part of the job was the pediatric patients I worked with
Pros
Pediatric patients need wonderful nurses to care for them
Cons
MGA does not support their nurses
A Place with Hidden Agendas
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 17, 2015
The work there was great, I felt needed and accomplished. However, the social aspects of this company office is not what one would expect. There is a lot of back stabbing and favoritism in this company. For expample: I was let go for "gossiping" which was all that was told to me, I never received any disciplinary actions against me at this company so to be fired for "gossiping" with no other explanations was a little fishy to me.
ok job
Private duty nurse (Former Employee) –  PhoenixFebruary 8, 2015
When I started there I was new to home care and was given very little instruction just told here is the address be there at 7.
Pros
Nice to get to know your patients one on one
Company where you can only move ahead if your one of the bros
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 28, 2014
If you get brought in as a recruiter you will probably stay there
Pros
free beer
Cons
Dont expect to go on lunch
Good company, lots of work opportunity
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2014
Good contact with recruiter and case manager, able to dictate what hours, location you would like to work. No benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGA Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8