MGM Mirage Employee Reviews

Great place if you don't intend to have a life outside of the building
F&B Clerk/Ticketing Supervisor/FD Support (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch
Cons: Working holidays
Fast paced work with many details to master. Glass ceilings everywhere. Hotels and casinos never close, therefore, you have to be open to work every holiday.
Interesting career
Banquets & EVS Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2015
Awesome place to work, Flexible with schedule, Motivators, so much positive energy around you. Hard to get in to but rewarding and learning new technologies every day.
Unique environment
VIP Host (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2015
Working with the MGM Mirage was a great opportunity to be introduce to new surrounding and people. Everyday was different as to the different situations that are placed to different people who make this job exciting and fun.
Productive, great company to work for.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), las vegas, nevadaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
MGM Mirage ( bellagio ) is a diverse property that always had the best employees with great attitude that shows up to work everyday. Overall, good atmosphere and food was delicious.
Happy Satisfied Enjoyable
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Outdoors, Peaceful, just enjoyable
Cons: Dirty people, cleaning up after people
The environment was outdoors it was fun the people there were fun friendly and they were very respectful. I worked with a lot of kids that were in high school so there were a lot of energy a lot of people actually helping out and working together. While I worked there the company treated us as equals nobody was treated any different, nobody looked down at you. I don't have much bad to say about this job accept there were a lot of childish antics going on but I guess that's what happens when its majority of high school kids. Overall it was a fun workplace to be around but it would be better with more money.
Entertaining, innovating, creating interrealtionships among guest and employees in a diverse envirnment.
Beverage Cocktail Services Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2015
Pros: Wonderful organization with core values and oppertunities
Cons: Fast, long hours, no holidays or weekends off.
A typical day starts with a property walk of all venues, greeting employees and guest. Setting up staffing levels for the day in all 26 venues managing over 600 beverage employees. Ensuring that venues and employees are in compliance, disciplinary actions and financials for all venues. The most difficult part of the job is going home as everything is still going, it never ends in a city that never sleeps.
Great employee benefits; fast paced, professional envirorment
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2015
Pros: great employee dining; great benefits; advancement opportunities
Cons: none
Great employee dining options; good open door employee policy; Employee advancement opportunities; positive staff
Fun environment
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2015
Working in the Legal Collection Department was interesting and fulfilling work. I was very proud to say that worked at the MGM. I felt secure in my position, but history has shown that no job guarantees job security. It all comes down to the bottom dollar. If it can be outsourced cheaper, even a company like MGM will do it with no advance warning or considered impact to their employees. Advancement opportunities are there with excellent education opportunities, depending on where you currently are in the company. I was denied education opportunities in accounting because my manager felt it was not job related.
fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: best breaks
had the best experience and the people are great no problem with this company. They give a chance to move in to a better position.
good
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2015
I like working at my job and the people i work with make me feel welcomed at all times as well as my managers they are great people to work with.
Great company & management.
City Driver (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2015
Pros: paid free lunch, and great compensation.
Cons: alternating shifts.
Driver - for Grand Laundry

Friendly place to work, very laid back and no micro managing of drivers. You work 8 hours paid lunch and clock out when your 8 is up. Most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom from any office or feeling of control. The hardest part of the job for me was alternating between graveyard, swing, and day shift.
fun starter job.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Las Vegas Valley, NVMarch 10, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: slightly to much labor
i was a life guard. this was a fun job. they where always flexable. and pay was good. this was premarket crash so as lifeguard i actually had benefits.
Proud to work here at MGM
Banquet Server and Bartender (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: lot of 'breaks and great food at 'stars cafeteria'
Cons: wish i could work more days--more parties :)
Great Management --Enjoy all the Banquets --Conventions and many ''Special'' Comnpanies we Entertain --Have the ''Best' Management Employers in Las Vegas--So many Professionals to work for :)Co-Workers are easy to get along with very helpful in ''Duties'---'Enjoy Serving Guests----hardest part= Trying to be more Professional than I am---we can never do enough for our Guests--but we remain 5 Stars :) I have learned so much from my Co Workers and Management as to = How to Act with Guests and Get-Along with other 'Workers' at MGM -
Amazing experience!
Lead Technician/Electrician/Moving Light Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: amazing experience! great pay!
In the early days of the project, very fast paced! Long hours, large projects. Very rewarding time!! The later years, after the show was up and running, became routine. My days became predictable. I enjoyed the fast paced portion much more.
I learned that a team is much more than just talented people. The Lighting Director chose people not only for their talent, but their ability to be part of a team.
I learned more from this one manager than I have from all others combined. Highest respect for her!!
The team I was a part of, came from very diverse backgrounds, not all were as experienced, but each was committed to what we were doing. An excellent blend of talent and experience! We all knew we were involved with a revolutionary show and loved it!
Looking back, I have nothing but positive memories.
The most enjoyable part is knowing that after 17 years, the show is still amazing!
Awesome employer for stability, growth, and development.
Front Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2015
There are no two days that are exactly the same. I learned how to be versatile, efficient, well organized, and quick.It is one of the largest hotels in the world.
MGM opened many doors for me!
Visual Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Ledyard, CTFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: strict schedule didn't allow flexibily to vendors
MGM allowed me to work with many vendors and many product assortments. Here I gained the contacts needed to begin my management career.
Excellent company to work for
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2015
Mgm Mirage is an amazing company to work for. I had the opportunity to work with an amazing group of diverse people, I got paid training for diversity and also had opportunity for advancement within the company.
Great place to work.
Kitchen Hygienist (Former Employee), las vegas, nvFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work. nice people. and good supervisors. i loved showing up daily and i would offer to work overtime for free.
Fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free parking, free lunches, uniforms were provided
A typical day at work would include working in the service bars with the waitresses and in the outside bars with the public. I learned how to adjust to many different situations. The supervisors were pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was being able to tolerate the downtime. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a diverse set of coworkers and customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Ledyard, CTJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches and enough time to eat your lunch properly.
Cons: sometimes not enough time in a day
A typical day at work involved first me getting my cleaning cart in order to clean the rooms, making sure I had everything I needed. I learned cleaning is a lot of work and time. My co-workers were very nice to work with, and they would help if needed. The hardest part of the job is to get all the rooms assigned cleaned at a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all different kinds of people and being a part of a wonderful company...