MGM Mirage

MGM Mirage Employer Reviews

Amazing experience!
Lead Technician/Electrician/Moving Light Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: amazing experience! great pay!
In the early days of the project, very fast paced! Long hours, large projects. Very rewarding time!! The later years, after the show was up and running, became routine. My days became predictable. I enjoyed the fast paced portion much more.
I learned that a team is much more than just talented people. The Lighting Director chose people not only for their talent, but their ability to be part of a team.
I learned more from this one manager than I have from all others combined. Highest respect for her!!
The team I was a part of, came from very diverse backgrounds, not all were as experienced, but each was committed to what we were doing. An excellent blend of talent and experience! We all knew we were involved with a revolutionary show and loved it!
Looking back, I have nothing but positive memories.
The most enjoyable part is knowing that after 17 years, the show is still amazing!
Awesome employer for stability, growth, and development.
Front Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2015
There are no two days that are exactly the same. I learned how to be versatile, efficient, well organized, and quick.It is one of the largest hotels in the world.
MGM opened many doors for me!
Visual Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Ledyard, CTFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: strict schedule didn't allow flexibily to vendors
MGM allowed me to work with many vendors and many product assortments. Here I gained the contacts needed to begin my management career.
Excellent company to work for
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2015
Mgm Mirage is an amazing company to work for. I had the opportunity to work with an amazing group of diverse people, I got paid training for diversity and also had opportunity for advancement within the company.
Great place to work.
Kitchen Hygienist (Former Employee), las vegas, nvFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work. nice people. and good supervisors. i loved showing up daily and i would offer to work overtime for free.
Fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free parking, free lunches, uniforms were provided
A typical day at work would include working in the service bars with the waitresses and in the outside bars with the public. I learned how to adjust to many different situations. The supervisors were pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was being able to tolerate the downtime. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a diverse set of coworkers and customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Ledyard, CTJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches and enough time to eat your lunch properly.
Cons: sometimes not enough time in a day
A typical day at work involved first me getting my cleaning cart in order to clean the rooms, making sure I had everything I needed. I learned cleaning is a lot of work and time. My co-workers were very nice to work with, and they would help if needed. The hardest part of the job is to get all the rooms assigned cleaned at a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all different kinds of people and being a part of a wonderful company...
Easy safe job, perfect for teenagers
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free buffet
Cons: hot
Being a lifeguard here is a dream job. The staff is so understanding to all their employees, especially when it begins to get into the hot vegas summer. There is security everywhere in case some of the tourists get out of hand, and the job itself is so fun. It's next door to Wet Republic, so you get to hear ether Tiesto, Calvin Harris, etc play daily (although you can't see them). You get an hour paid lunch and get access to the employee dining room. Free buffet daily!
I think it is probably one of the best places in the world to work at!
Master Sushi and Teppan Chef (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: great people to work with.
It's always a surprise everyday. There was never a boring day as far as I could remember. This is the place where I learned how to immerse myself into different cultures around me, especially at work.

The management is very supportive and hands-on. Co-workers are great> i have learned so many things from them>>>thank you! The hardest part of the job is only during concert nights. it is when the restaurant doors open at 5 p,m., you start making sushi and the next thing you know it's already 11:) It was always a mix of tears and joy.
Fun place to work
Casino Audit Clerk (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free one meal per day
Cons: working with unprofessional employees
A wonderful experience to become a MGM Detroit employee. Great benefits and perks, but lack professional employees.
Productive and active job
Guest Services (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: one hour paid lunch
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would be with consistent flow with incoming and outgoing guest. I learned to be patient with guest and make sure that they're well taken care of while staying or visiting our hotel. Management does their best to make sure employees and guest are well taken care of especially when it comes to any problems that anyone may have. My co-workers are easy to work with and we all get along just fine with no conflict. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep busy even on slow days and being aware of vehicles that we park and pull, making sure we don't damage them. The most enjoyable part of the job is being active, you get to interact with guest and get a workout in between because our job consists of a lot of running.
Amazing Company to work for!
ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Las VegasJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches, discounted rooms
Cons: nothing
This company is the best company that i have worked for thus far. They treat their employees with respect and take care of everyone by conducting fun activities in the lunch room on a monthly basis. Great bonuses and realistic budgets. Very fun place to work for an overall an amazing company and property. Unfortunately, Vegas is not the best place to live, otherwise I would consider retiring with this company.
Best place to work Money Benefits Uniforms, Chef Everything
Room Service Cook (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVDecember 11, 2014
Pros: like i said the place id the best to work for.
Cons: n/a
Best place ever to work for so far.This Company does think about its people we are given all types of opportunity advancements.
Fairly fun job to have had
Showroom Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2014
Hardest part of job was being layed off unexpectedly. Co-workers were like family and we all had fun working together and had good team work
management was not very professional in handling there responsibilities
Lead Steward Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2014
Cons: mob training not completed befors startng job, worked graveyard and then had to go to training during the. took my two days off to go to training.
worked graveyard shift from 9pm to 6am on a normal day. when busy , worked 12 to 15 hours a day then they wanted me to go to training during the day and even took my two days off to go with no compensation for hours worked. would not even change with day stewards even once who went to training on work hours.
good benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2014
good benefits,good managements,get to more about hotel housekeeping
customer service oriented
Cashier (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: hourly wage, healthcare, tuition reimbursement
Cons: work shift
Provided customer service and processed register transactions with different forms of tender.
It wus really fun and i wish i still worked there
Bus Boy (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2014
Pros: every thing.
Cons: i dont think they rehire employees.
For personal reasons i had to move and when i came back to Vegas they would not hire me again. maybe they thought i would just quit but even if it is a great job, to me family still comes first.
Very Fun
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2014
Loved working casino areas. A lot of responsibilities to be taken on. Time management a must and productivity always needed to be high.
The MGM is a s*** show.
Bartender (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2014
Pros: union wage
Cons: numerous
This corporation is a giant s*** show. From the executives to lower end management. The corporate waste and lack of creative initiative and direction is disturbing.

The only positive side to my employment were the union benefits.

1 2 3 4 5