MGM Mirage

MGM Mirage Employer Reviews

I think it is probably one of the best places in the world to work at!
Master Sushi and Teppan Chef (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: great people to work with.
It's always a surprise everyday. There was never a boring day as far as I could remember. This is the place where I learned how to immerse myself into different cultures around me, especially at work.

The management is very supportive and hands-on. Co-workers are great> i have learned so many things from them>>>thank you! The hardest part of the job is only during concert nights. it is when the restaurant doors open at 5 p,m., you start making sushi and the next thing you know it's already 11:) It was always a mix of tears and joy.
Fun place to work
Casino Audit Clerk (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free one meal per day
Cons: working with unprofessional employees
A wonderful experience to become a MGM Detroit employee. Great benefits and perks, but lack professional employees.
Productive and active job
Guest Services (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: one hour paid lunch
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would be with consistent flow with incoming and outgoing guest. I learned to be patient with guest and make sure that they're well taken care of while staying or visiting our hotel. Management does their best to make sure employees and guest are well taken care of especially when it comes to any problems that anyone may have. My co-workers are easy to work with and we all get along just fine with no conflict. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep busy even on slow days and being aware of vehicles that we park and pull, making sure we don't damage them. The most enjoyable part of the job is being active, you get to interact with guest and get a workout in between because our job consists of a lot of running.
Amazing Company to work for!
ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Las VegasJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches, discounted rooms
Cons: nothing
This company is the best company that i have worked for thus far. They treat their employees with respect and take care of everyone by conducting fun activities in the lunch room on a monthly basis. Great bonuses and realistic budgets. Very fun place to work for an overall an amazing company and property. Unfortunately, Vegas is not the best place to live, otherwise I would consider retiring with this company.
Best place to work Money Benefits Uniforms, Chef Everything
Room Service Cook (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVDecember 11, 2014
Pros: like i said the place id the best to work for.
Cons: n/a
Best place ever to work for so far.This Company does think about its people we are given all types of opportunity advancements.
Fairly fun job to have had
Showroom Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2014
Hardest part of job was being layed off unexpectedly. Co-workers were like family and we all had fun working together and had good team work
management was not very professional in handling there responsibilities
Lead Steward Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2014
Cons: mob training not completed befors startng job, worked graveyard and then had to go to training during the. took my two days off to go to training.
worked graveyard shift from 9pm to 6am on a normal day. when busy , worked 12 to 15 hours a day then they wanted me to go to training during the day and even took my two days off to go with no compensation for hours worked. would not even change with day stewards even once who went to training on work hours.
good benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2014
good benefits,good managements,get to more about hotel housekeeping
customer service oriented
Cashier (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: hourly wage, healthcare, tuition reimbursement
Cons: work shift
Provided customer service and processed register transactions with different forms of tender.
It wus really fun and i wish i still worked there
Bus Boy (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2014
Pros: every thing.
Cons: i dont think they rehire employees.
For personal reasons i had to move and when i came back to Vegas they would not hire me again. maybe they thought i would just quit but even if it is a great job, to me family still comes first.
Very Fun
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2014
Loved working casino areas. A lot of responsibilities to be taken on. Time management a must and productivity always needed to be high.
The MGM is a s*** show.
Bartender (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2014
Pros: union wage
Cons: numerous
This corporation is a giant s*** show. From the executives to lower end management. The corporate waste and lack of creative initiative and direction is disturbing.

The only positive side to my employment were the union benefits.
Typical Vegas Work Life
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2014
Its always nice working and meeting new people ! working in a casino is very busy dosent matter what casino its always something. learning and passing your achievements are a plus.
there are plenty of social programs and activities that allow all departments to interact with each other outside the workplace
ENGINEER ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2014
Pros: freee uniforms and meals and payed breaks
Cons: 401k has taken a fall off due to the recession but we are fighting our way back
great place to work with an emphasis on employee engagement and keeping our customers satified. we serve with great pride and we enjoy the chemistry and respect for each other. a typical day is one that can start very low key and explode into controlled chaos. we maintain the three towers responding to everthing from guest complaints to mechanical failures and emergency situations. the hardest part of this job is the unknown. at any given time there can be a crisis and you must react and remain calm to resolve the issue. we never panic and we stay in control. the most enjoyable part off this job is of cause the satifaction of knowing you just helped as a team to accomplish a safe and enjoyable shift with your co-workers.
Good first job
Marketing Database Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2014
Was a great job right out of college. Fast paced and learned a great deal in two years. Maintaining work/life balance was very difficult.
It is a large company with plenty of room for growth.
Restaurant Manager - Michael Mina's PUB 1842 (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2014
I enjoy my time within this company. The work is fulfilling. You have the freedom to diversify your resume while staying within your field.
fun working place
Banquets - Apprentice Bartender (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2014
At the MGM, we all get along and we help each other out as a team. The staff is friendly and management is there to support each and everyone of us. The hardest part of the job could be standing through the long extended ours. But I love what I do as a bartender. Time goes by fast when you get a chance to meet many different people from around the world. The most enjoyable part of the job is showing off your skills as a bartender.
Good place to work at.
Tower Services Attendant I/Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch, 401k benefits, medical benefits.
Cons: can sometimes become a very stressful and negative environment.
Very good company to work for and they really care about their employees. They help the community in many ways and provide the tools for employees to donate or volunteer.
Straight forward job
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2014
Working for MGM as a lifeguard was a fun job that was perfect for summer. Spending two summers working for MGM showed me how to handle difficult questions and aid sober and intoxicated guests. It was a nice environment where everybody got along. The hardest part of the job was having to sit in the sun all day.
A miserable place to work
Security Officer-Casino and Wet Republic (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits are very good
Cons: everything minus the benefits
Nearly every employee is difficult to work with. When trying to optimize the guest experience, fellow employees are constantly reluctant to help accomplish the task. MGM would do good to refresh the employee pool.

1 2 3 4 5