MGM Mirage Employee Reviews

execllent place to work because you have set schedule
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2016
it is a great place to work except the management does not communicate properly with the employee... they need to work together
Pros
free lunches, great healthcare, union
Cons
management and employee are not on the same page
Great work environment with friendly staff and management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2015
Woking at MGM was a experience I'll never forget. The team at MGM were not only my friends but became part of my family. A typical day at work was very busy. MGM is the largest hotel in the United States and you could feel that on a daily basis. Ive learned many things at MGM but the thing that stands out the most is patients. Our management team was always there to keep us involved and motivated. I would have to say the hardest part of working at the MGM for me was when when it was slow and during Grand Garden Arena fight nights. When it's slow I can get a bit anxious as i'm always looking for something to do. During fight nights it seemed there was always a curve ball around the corner, however that's when I learned the most. Being able to see and meet a wide scale of people from all over the world was a wonderful part of the job. Woking at the front desk and being our guests first interaction with any of the MGM staff allowed me to ensure that they were able to start their experience out the right foot.
Pros
Great paid time off program, flexible scheduling, and location near to my residence.
Cons
Healthcare benefits could have been stronger.
good place to work
security (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2015
Good company to work for, management was good and employees i worked with were great. Learned a lot of new things as far as report writing and surveillance.
Pros
good pay
Cons
minimal room to advance
Middle management not on the same page as upper manaagement
Food Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 30, 2015
Large companies sometimes have trouble making sure that supervisors and middle level leaders are enforcing the culture they desire. MGM has good intentions but lack in follow through.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Clash between hourly and union employees
MGM Mirage (MGM Resorts Int'l)
Cabana Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 21, 2015
As a company, MGM Mirage (now MGM Resorts International) is a good employer. There are opportunities at many casinos, but it is not without headaches and politics from time to time. That is expected of large companies.
mgm as a steward
steward (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 21, 2015
Busy place to work . many things to accomplish in a day ,

It was always something to do . Best part is to see happy patrons.

The management was helpful and made me feel that my job was important.
Pros
positive people to work with
just a great place to work
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 22, 2015
a typical day at work would be clocking in and clocking out and doing some side work to get our restaurant ready to go and then going to break with a beautiful lunch room with a free meal with anything you could imagine except no surf n turf . I learned to work with different types of people but knowing we were there for all the same reasons. Made new friends and became family friends...I saw young people get married and start their own families,,I loved my job at MGM.. Now for the most part..Upper mgmt were good people . They did care..They even cared about our health and had a workout room set up for us. The hardest part of my job was if my guest was not happy. The best part of my job was the people I worked with who are now my lifelong friends. I miss my job at MGM
it is not a place that values people, employees are expendable and replacable in a heart beat, the bottom line is more important than anybody there.
Assistant Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit MISeptember 21, 2015
A typical day consists of continual berating, suspicion of everything done, being treated as sub-human and incapable of performing any work correctly is the daily norm.
Pros
Meals one time a day
Cons
continual verbal abuse, berating, and being called incompitant
dcds
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2015
Good people to work with and great co workers. Bellagio VP of security is an amazing person. Along with most of management.
get along with all my co workers, its like a big family
BANQUET SERVER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2015
work family is 2nd family to me , they are there when i need them.MGM MIRAGE is the best co in las vegas to work for,pay & other benifits are excellent.
Pros
paid 4 week vacation yearly
Cons
A great place for a career!
Special Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2015
I truly enjoyed every minute I worked at MGM Grand. Everyone I worked with was so easy to get along with the communication within the company is great. MGM Resorts truly wants people to succeed. The only reason I am no longer at MGM Grand is because I needed to relocate to Los Angeles
Great place if you don't intend to have a life outside of the building
F&B Clerk/Ticketing Supervisor/FD Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2015
Fast paced work with many details to master. Glass ceilings everywhere. Hotels and casinos never close, therefore, you have to be open to work every holiday.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Working holidays
Unique environment
VIP Host (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2015
Working with the MGM Mirage was a great opportunity to be introduce to new surrounding and people. Everyday was different as to the different situations that are placed to different people who make this job exciting and fun.
Productive, great company to work for.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  las vegas, nevadaJuly 27, 2015
MGM Mirage ( bellagio ) is a diverse property that always had the best employees with great attitude that shows up to work everyday. Overall, good atmosphere and food was delicious.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Happy Satisfied Enjoyable
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2015
The environment was outdoors it was fun the people there were fun friendly and they were very respectful. I worked with a lot of kids that were in high school so there were a lot of energy a lot of people actually helping out and working together. While I worked there the company treated us as equals nobody was treated any different, nobody looked down at you. I don't have much bad to say about this job accept there were a lot of childish antics going on but I guess that's what happens when its majority of high school kids. Overall it was a fun workplace to be around but it would be better with more money.
Pros
Outdoors, Peaceful, just enjoyable
Cons
Dirty people, cleaning up after people
Entertaining, innovating, creating interrealtionships among guest and employees in a diverse envirnment.
Beverage Cocktail Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2015
A typical day starts with a property walk of all venues, greeting employees and guest. Setting up staffing levels for the day in all 26 venues managing over 600 beverage employees. Ensuring that venues and employees are in compliance, disciplinary actions and financials for all venues. The most difficult part of the job is going home as everything is still going, it never ends in a city that never sleeps.
Pros
Wonderful organization with core values and oppertunities
Cons
Fast, long hours, no holidays or weekends off.
Great employee benefits; fast paced, professional envirorment
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2015
Great employee dining options; good open door employee policy; Employee advancement opportunities; positive staff
Pros
great employee dining; great benefits; advancement opportunities
Fun environment
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2015
Working in the Legal Collection Department was interesting and fulfilling work. I was very proud to say that worked at the MGM. I felt secure in my position, but history has shown that no job guarantees job security. It all comes down to the bottom dollar. If it can be outsourced cheaper, even a company like MGM will do it with no advance warning or considered impact to their employees. Advancement opportunities are there with excellent education opportunities, depending on where you currently are in the company. I was denied education opportunities in accounting because my manager felt it was not job related.
fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2015
had the best experience and the people are great no problem with this company. They give a chance to move in to a better position.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
best breaks
good
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2015
I like working at my job and the people i work with make me feel welcomed at all times as well as my managers they are great people to work with.

4.3