MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews in United States

fun place to work for, friendly, clean, productive.
GSR ( Slots Guest Representative) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2016
typical day at work will be when there is nothing wild going on, most days there is something new to learn, either they change policy or we get new ones. Most days are a learning process, either new rules, change of rules or customers doing something new or wild and fun. On my shift management is good, and no drama, good environment to work; I like it. Get alone well with co-workers, most are friendly and helpful nice to work with. The hardest part of this job is the membership card sign ups, we must meet the quote for each month lot of competition between co-workers.The most enjoyable part are the customers they are funny and wild just as is suppose to be in Vegas every one comes here to have fun be wild and...yeah spend the money.
Pros
Good Benefits, good environment to work.
Cons
Anything can change suddenly, no warnings.
MGM is the most unprofessional place I've ever worked
Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 25, 2016
The benefits and the pay were really great. However, the work environment was very unprofessional. Management is unprofessional. Management never knew how to properly handle disputes. They would gossip about their employers just as much as the co-workers would, not only that but they would talk to workers on your same levels as much as they would each other. They never acknowledged their great workers but would nitpick over small errors. My advice to anyone looking to get into the casino industry is: DO NOT BEFRIEND ANYONE. They've all been there for a long time so they're pretty much care free. GOOD LUCK!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too much gossip
Great work environment with friendly staff and management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2015
Woking at MGM was a experience I'll never forget. The team at MGM were not only my friends but became part of my family. A typical day at work was very busy. MGM is the largest hotel in the United States and you could feel that on a daily basis. Ive learned many things at MGM but the thing that stands out the most is patients. Our management team was always there to keep us involved and motivated. I would have to say the hardest part of working at the MGM for me was when when it was slow and during Grand Garden Arena fight nights. When it's slow I can get a bit anxious as i'm always looking for something to do. During fight nights it seemed there was always a curve ball around the corner, however that's when I learned the most. Being able to see and meet a wide scale of people from all over the world was a wonderful part of the job. Woking at the front desk and being our guests first interaction with any of the MGM staff allowed me to ensure that they were able to start their experience out the right foot.
Pros
Great paid time off program, flexible scheduling, and location near to my residence.
Cons
Healthcare benefits could have been stronger.
Baggage Handler, Bellman, and Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2016
Good management team overall and good benefits. Worked in bell department and enjoyed my co-workers. I would suggest this company to other people wanting to make a good living.
Lots of fun, great people
Casino Dealer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 30, 2016
This job is lots of fun, a great opportunity for college students or retirees looking to make extra money. Excellent benefits for full-time staff. The staff is great, almost like a family. The work load is light but can be mentally challenging.
Great office culture
Public Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2016
Wonderful place of employment with great benefits and a team willing to coach and support you. I would recommend MGM Resorts International for someone interested in a career in hospitality or gaming.
Fun
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2015
Loved this job. Great benefits, lots of perks, made great friends here.
Too bad the corporate culture doesn't even try to mask their squeeze on this very important department. But if you can turn a deaf ear to those things, then you should love, love, love this job.
Pros
Great Benefits, pay gets better the longer you stay, plus you get to see all the shows and dine at most of the restaurants for free.
Cons
Corporate mentality is getting worse as profits rise.
mgm
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2016
great place to work. friendly co workers,you can learn alot about customer service and up you're skills when it comes to interacting with people on day to day.
Pros
great beneifits
Cons
no raises
Fun place to work at
Notifies Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 8, 2016
Its a good place to work with great benefits. Only bad thing is dealing with smoke which is unhealthy. Hardest part of the job is night shift, and the enjoyable part is meeting a lot a people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Smoking
Best job ever
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2016
Great people, great hours, great benefits, this was a great job. Would still be working at the company. Only left due to the fact I was moving out of state.
Pros
Benefits, pay, etc.
Cons
Must start on grave shift
Great Place to work and Learn
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2015
Our Company was and is the best in the Industry, Going around with an up beet attitude, I learn that you need to have patience with people because they come from all walks of life and cultures. I had some of the Best Management in the Gaming bussiness. My co-workers were the best, we work as a team. The Hardest Part of my job was saying good bye after 22 years. Every Day Was different, and so many great memories, Meeting new people every day., People came back year after year, Because I was consider one of the best Dealers in Las vegas.
Pros
Just A Great Company Great Benefits
Cons
When you work with people . You have to put up with moods from loosing and drinking, But you smile and go on with the Job.
Thought I would be able to learn more
Luxor Hotel and Casino Security Officer (Current Employee) –  LuxorOctober 3, 2015
Lots of walking around with not much to do but people watch. Thought there would be more of an opportunity to learn and grow but has not turned out that way. Management is willing to work with you in any situation and are very easy to work for. Co-workers continually complain, morale isnt always great, for the most part however they're all good people. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with people and help them with whatever they may need.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Slow growth in position
Middle management not on the same page as upper manaagement
Food Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 30, 2015
Large companies sometimes have trouble making sure that supervisors and middle level leaders are enforcing the culture they desire. MGM has good intentions but lack in follow through.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Clash between hourly and union employees
Work at the main window when is required and verify and authorize high amounts of pay-outs. Filling ATM´s machines inside the casino and print reports
Cage Supervisor and Assistant Mgr (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 21, 2015
help all type of customers with their money transactions, help them with any kind of information they may need. Supervising other co-workers and help them to authorize high cash transactions. make daily reports and email them to the general manager and casino controller.
Pros
free lunches, pto benefits and free public transportation
Cons
smoking environment
Good Benefits
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2015
Management is helpful but no job security
Good and inexpensive benefits/free lunch
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement with so much reorganization
high expectations, competitve salary
Accountant III (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2015
Good company culture. Team members are more than co-workers. Management takes an interest in the team. Hardest part of the job is long hours at close.
Pros
Competitve salary
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement
Enjoyable
Custome Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 3, 2015
This is a very enjoyable establishment to work for. The management staff is very friendly and helpful, and the benefits that MGM Resorts International supply are great. There are many politics when it comes to advancing, even some favoritism, but everyone is encouraged to advance whichever way possible.
excellent supervisors and coworkers
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2015
I loved working as a security officer and had a wonder supervisory team and coworkers. the hardest part of the job was working grave shift. The best part was the other employees and guests.
Pros
free uniforms, lunches and the benefits.
Cons
working grave shift
Room for advancement
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2015
MGM Resorts is a great company to work for. Upper Management is always supportive regarding employee growth. Benefits are really good.
Pros
Benefits and room for advancement
Excellant Place to Work
Housekeeping Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2015
Excellent Place to Work. Needs a Few Tweeked Management Level Adjustments. College Degrees should be recognized and Promoted.
Pros
Multi Cultural, Free Lunches, Good Benefits andPay.
Cons
Non Degreed Management

MGM Resorts International Reviews by Location