MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews in United States

fun place to work for, friendly, clean, productive.
GSR ( Slots Guest Representative) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2016
typical day at work will be when there is nothing wild going on, most days there is something new to learn, either they change policy or we get new ones. Most days are a learning process, either new rules, change of rules or customers doing something new or wild and fun. On my shift management is good, and no drama, good environment to work; I like it. Get alone well with co-workers, most are friendly and helpful nice to work with. The hardest part of this job is the membership card sign ups, we must meet the quote for each month lot of competition between co-workers.The most enjoyable part are the customers they are funny and wild just as is suppose to be in Vegas every one comes here to have fun be wild and...yeah spend the money.
Pros
Good Benefits, good environment to work.
Cons
Anything can change suddenly, no warnings.
MGM is the most unprofessional place I've ever worked
Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 25, 2016
The benefits and the pay were really great. However, the work environment was very unprofessional. Management is unprofessional. Management never knew how to properly handle disputes. They would gossip about their employers just as much as the co-workers would, not only that but they would talk to workers on your same levels as much as they would each other. They never acknowledged their great workers but would nitpick over small errors. My advice to anyone looking to get into the casino industry is: DO NOT BEFRIEND ANYONE. They've all been there for a long time so they're pretty much care free. GOOD LUCK!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too much gossip
Very proactive Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2015
Working in the Human Resource for MGM was like having an adventure, aside from the paperworks, it never felt like I was working. I met new people every single day, from CEO to ordinary people and they all added value to my life. In addition to that, I had my Friendly and professional co-workers, that want nothing more than for me to grow and succeed. Although I was pretty young amongst them, they treated me equally. When the time was right to depart from MGM they make sure I was setting off straight to college, with lots of materials. What I got off from MGM was a whole lot of positive. I would give lots to go back once more.
Pros
Free Lunch, health care, and chance for advancement
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to work and Learn
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2015
Our Company was and is the best in the Industry, Going around with an up beet attitude, I learn that you need to have patience with people because they come from all walks of life and cultures. I had some of the Best Management in the Gaming bussiness. My co-workers were the best, we work as a team. The Hardest Part of my job was saying good bye after 22 years. Every Day Was different, and so many great memories, Meeting new people every day., People came back year after year, Because I was consider one of the best Dealers in Las vegas.
Pros
Just A Great Company Great Benefits
Cons
When you work with people . You have to put up with moods from loosing and drinking, But you smile and go on with the Job.
Hotel Maintenamce
Hotel Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Biloxi ,Beau RivageMarch 12, 2016
If you don't like snitching and being told on by a management staff that hires their friends ,don't work there........This pace will have you HR at least once a month .......Its an envirement of jealousy and un friendy people .....the attitude is be the first to go to HR and you will be the first to not loose your job ......they encourage this behavior ,After working there 2 years they employ racist and bigots and give your quality of work no notice ...If you are s.h.i.t. stirring ,lying,coniving ,clik playing person you will fit in there fine .....sadly not much pros except the pay
Pros
pay as an employee
Cons
It was like working in jail except you couldn't defend yourself
Great work environment with friendly staff and management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2015
Woking at MGM was a experience I'll never forget. The team at MGM were not only my friends but became part of my family. A typical day at work was very busy. MGM is the largest hotel in the United States and you could feel that on a daily basis. Ive learned many things at MGM but the thing that stands out the most is patients. Our management team was always there to keep us involved and motivated. I would have to say the hardest part of working at the MGM for me was when when it was slow and during Grand Garden Arena fight nights. When it's slow I can get a bit anxious as i'm always looking for something to do. During fight nights it seemed there was always a curve ball around the corner, however that's when I learned the most. Being able to see and meet a wide scale of people from all over the world was a wonderful part of the job. Woking at the front desk and being our guests first interaction with any of the MGM staff allowed me to ensure that they were able to start their experience out the right foot.
Pros
Great paid time off program, flexible scheduling, and location near to my residence.
Cons
Healthcare benefits could have been stronger.
high expectations, competitve salary
Accountant III (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2015
Good company culture. Team members are more than co-workers. Management takes an interest in the team. Hardest part of the job is long hours at close.
Pros
Competitve salary
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement
Baggage Handler, Bellman, and Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2016
Good management team overall and good benefits. Worked in bell department and enjoyed my co-workers. I would suggest this company to other people wanting to make a good living.
Great office culture
Public Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2016
Wonderful place of employment with great benefits and a team willing to coach and support you. I would recommend MGM Resorts International for someone interested in a career in hospitality or gaming.
Fun
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2015
Loved this job. Great benefits, lots of perks, made great friends here.
Too bad the corporate culture doesn't even try to mask their squeeze on this very important department. But if you can turn a deaf ear to those things, then you should love, love, love this job.
Pros
Great Benefits, pay gets better the longer you stay, plus you get to see all the shows and dine at most of the restaurants for free.
Cons
Corporate mentality is getting worse as profits rise.
Good Benefits
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2015
Management is helpful but no job security
Good and inexpensive benefits/free lunch
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement with so much reorganization
mgm
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2016
great place to work. friendly co workers,you can learn alot about customer service and up you're skills when it comes to interacting with people on day to day.
Pros
great beneifits
Cons
no raises
Good environment and great opportunity
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work was great never too hectic and never too slow. Always a steady, friendly, welcoming work place.

I've learned a lot about the different systems to work through, like Opera, ICE, Avya

Management had some great and some that you rarely heard from.

Co-Workers are amazing, Very Helpful and Friendly

Hardest Part Making sure to get all the QA Points

Enjoyable- The fact that it was never to hectic.
Excellent place to work.
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2016
Monitoring table games. Taking numerous calls from the variuos departments and logging them. Also performing reviews to settle disputes, find errors and variances. I became better in my knowledge of Baccarat, European Roulette as well as some carnival games that were new to me.

Management was the best. They were always present to help when needed, taught different software programs to assist in player evaluations and offer advice.

Coworkers were always there to help others - team work. The environment was much more subdued and professional.

We had VCR's when I worked there - so as most of us know that is the hardest part of the job - tape change.

The friendliness and the excitement of working in a busy place.

I love working in Surveillance.
Pros
Great management and atmosphere.
Cons
At the time I left, the pay was low.
Enjoyable
Custome Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 3, 2015
This is a very enjoyable establishment to work for. The management staff is very friendly and helpful, and the benefits that MGM Resorts International supply are great. There are many politics when it comes to advancing, even some favoritism, but everyone is encouraged to advance whichever way possible.
An entertainting place to work
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 17, 2016
I spend a lot of time on my feet serving the guest with there Mlife club card.Threw out the work day I stand and talk with my co-workers when theirs no line. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the irate guest because Its hard them to listen to myself or management while they are upset.The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with a lot of new people everyday.
Pros
Free uniforms and free lunch
Cons
Short breaks and standing all day
Banquet Server
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Mandalay bayJune 19, 2016
Mandalay Bay is notorious for being the worst, meanest place to work on the Las Vegas strip. Coworkers rat on each other, start false rumors, call themselves your family while knowingly stab you in the back on a daily basis.Everyone trying to one up each other including the Terrible management. So many captains fighting for a promo they'll cut anyone's throat to get it. Management laughs and thinks it's all a game. Union sides with management. Most negatively talked about banquet department in all LV. Yes there are a few kiss butts that love it but they are truely mean spirited people. Most everyone does there job and does it well but there are tons of superior bragers. They take credit for your work. Truely under appreciated workers.
Pros
Most banquets in Vegas are union scale and good tip
Cons
Management jumps out of hiding spots to catch you having water
standing on your feet for long periods, but somehow it really did not seem to be as long as it was
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2016
talking with guest and workers was a fun part of the job, you really become a family at work, most of the guest came so often that you got to know them and their family as your own.
They were always trying out a new game and that was fun to learn and also teach after it was put into play,
The hardest part was telling someone they could no longer play for one reason or another.
We had a lot of party's where we would cook food and bring it in for all to enjoy on our breaks, and we did a lot of party's to raise money for school children or the poor.
Pros
the food was good, the pay was great'
Cons
brakes were always to short for we had a long walk to the break room
Very positive and fun place to work.
Housekeeping/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  3600 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109July 14, 2016
The entire property functions as a team and everyone really has a good time doing their jobs. It's never unusual to see people from different departments pass through your office just to say hello on their way to somewhere else.

Even part-time employees enjoy a great many benefits. The free clinic, wellness center, and employee dining area really set the standard in my mind for the industry. Being an employee at MGM you are treated with the same courtesy as though you are a guest.

Hotel/Casino life can be very demanding, and a lot of the time you can feel like you are living at your job. Working for MGM you almost want to live at your job. (Presidential Suite)
Very positive and fun place to work.
Business Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 24, 2016
Dealing with the public, especially in the hospitality and casino industries can be taxing at best. MGM really goes the extra mile to help their employees to lead a full life inside and outside of work.

Pros
Free shift meal, free clinic, free wellness center, complimentary uniform laundering and pressing
Cons
Can be very demanding of your time. No fault policies.

MGM Resorts International Reviews by Location