MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

fun fast paced awesome place to work at
Cage Cashier I (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2016
Greeted by staff at work clock in 2 min before scheduled work time verify paperwork along with bank input all passwords in system cashouts cash exchange money transactions do paperwork on mid shift lunch break back to window and assist cutomers then 2nd break count out and clock out.
multiple cash transactions money handling tittle 31 oriented able to do a multitude of various banks, chip bank, high limits,iou, employee bank
management is awesome
co workers are friendly caring open compassionate
getting out on time was the hardest
having the customer customer back and enjoys seeing the staff
Pros
benefits dental, vision, medical
Cons
short on staff
Horrible place to work.
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2017
I worked at Aria for a year and a half. I was promised management position, swing shift, and Tuesday and Wednesday off. I left a great job as casino shift manager to work at Aria. I was given an entry level position and watched as everyone in the department was given a promotion EXCEPT me. I was scheduled day shift and not given the days off promised. Then in may I became ill and had to take a medical leave. When I recovered and attempted to return to work, I was told that I was suspended pending investigation. Just until HR reviewed the paper. It was ridiculous. I have never heard of such a thing. I was assured it would only be for a day or two. That was September 1st. After a week, I started calling everyday. Kept being told that " the powers that be were handling it and it would be a day or two more." In December, I went back to my old boss, told him what was happening. Thank God! He gave me my old job back!
To this day, MGM is still giving me the run around. I've never even been able to collect my belongings from my locker.
Horrible company. Work anyplace else.
This place is great
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 9, 2017
Most of the people who currently work here have been at this particular casino since day one. The employees are some of the nicest people I have come across given the atmosphere that they have to deal with. All of the supervisors have been nothing less than helpful to me and the new hires that have hired in in the last couple of months. Advancement within is preferred and it is stated from day one that the current management is willing to help you get to wherever you want to be. It's a great place to be.
Pros
Great employees and management
Cons
Some customers are hard to deal with
Hired 1989 through June 2016 Retired
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits as well as a positive company culture. Managed over 400 employees each day, maintaining 5 diamond service while maintaining over 5 million sq ft of Public property 24 hours per day. The hardest part of the job was aligning the department daily work to the budget. We successfully achieved our goals over the last few years. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people and there dedication, as well as the overall 5 Diamond appearance we all achieved.
Pros
Great customer service and a leader in hospitality.
Cons
standing on your feet for long periods, but somehow it really did not seem to be as long as it was
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2016
talking with guest and workers was a fun part of the job, you really become a family at work, most of the guest came so often that you got to know them and their family as your own.
They were always trying out a new game and that was fun to learn and also teach after it was put into play,
The hardest part was telling someone they could no longer play for one reason or another.
We had a lot of party's where we would cook food and bring it in for all to enjoy on our breaks, and we did a lot of party's to raise money for school children or the poor.
Pros
the food was good, the pay was great'
Cons
brakes were always to short for we had a long walk to the break room
MGM is not a hospitality company, it is a entertainment company. MGM needs more hospitality professionals. compensate them better. Train them better.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  ExcaliburDecember 22, 2016
Very low moral. No recognition for performance. Management do not know their employees skills or background in the industry. No advancement opportunity. I applied for FB director while working for them. I have the experience. They didn't even interview me.
Pros
Union job
Cons
no recognition for performance
Great work environment
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 2, 2016
Exciting workplace as a typical day is never typical. Always new projects to investigate, implement and support. Management is fair and understanding when issues arise. Co-workers are always willing to help each other to ensure project are successful and on time. Most difficult part of the job can occur on a large project where many departments are involved - it can be challenging to keep everyone on point and focused on timelines and deliverables. The best part of the job has to be the people working here. Most are hard-working, pleasant and eager to provide the best service possible.
Pros
Free parking, free lunches, excellent health benefits, flexible work hours and matching 401K
Cons
Downsizing possible and very little job advancement available within department
Great Workplace
Group Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2016
I love Circus Circus sales department for family-like atmosphere. The management is great. The benefits are amazing, plus the employee perks such as discounted tickets to the shows. The cons - it`s hard to move up in the company coming from Circus Circus. You get an hour of paid lunch, and of course there is an EDR.
Pros
benefits, discounts on shows
Cons
hard to move up
Corporate employee who worked across all the properties.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2016
As a corporate employee who worked across all the properties I was able to see the cultures of each property up close. Some were better than others. The poor ones (most) seemed to suffer from poor leadership. In fact, there is a definite divide between managers and front-line employees. As a manager, the mandatory manager training reinforced that culture with statements like "FMLA is the Friday, Monday Leave Act." and "Constantly watch out for employees who take advantage."

I've grown up in Vegas. My friends and family still work within the company. It deeply saddens me how the employees are treated at this company.
For manual work environment
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2017
This company has the potential to be a great company to work for, but it is filled with the worst kind of office politics. The work is very manual and
Pros
Manual work
Cons
Leadership is extradorniary referring to CEO and CFO
Pros and Cons
Sports Book Administrator & Ticket Writer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2016
It is enjoyable working with the guests at this high end resort and health benefits are commendable.
There seems to be a culture from the company to encourage employees to promote, however, management seems to make poor decisions across departments in hiring and promotions.
A day and a life at MGM Casino Resorts
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 19, 2016
A typical day at MGM can be very challenging each day brings a differant set of challenges,so you wear many differant hats.
You first deal with your work task then you prioritize your work based on need and upper managment request.
you also deal with team member issues as well as customer service issues.
Pros
MGM is very involed in the community and recycling, they also offers employees a free lunch they do have a full cafeteria, the medical benifits are ok.
Cons
24 hour operations no night premium, excutive level managment is not always in touch with actual operation
Diversity
Pit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2016
Mgm values diversity their employees. Grrat place for advancement and wonderful benefits. They also have childcare options for employees. Seriously a wonderful place and company to work for.
This place is a BAD
spa (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2016
Dont work here! the management is the worst youve ever seen. very imature and mean people. gossiping and talking about dating life, dont help you act like they are busy. they have friends that they help but if you arent friend they will make you suffer.
benefits
Cons
backstabbing managers and wokers.
Fun and relaxed job
Lead Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 15, 2016
Has great benefits plans. Equal opportunity employer. Places for advancement and relocation opportunities. Typical day was opening and closing procedures and responsible for guest and empolyee safety. Great co-workers other than manager. Manager of this job should not be in this position. She was unfair and unethical.
Pros
free lunches
MGM is a great company to work for as it's one of the leading companies in the Hospitality industry.
Events Specialist (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 8, 2016
Pros-vendor relationships, co-workers, free lunches, departmental relationships, planning events

Cons-compensation, benefits, advancement, employee engagement
Stressful environment to work, Low chance to move up
Security Investigator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
From the time you clock in to the time you clock out its a stressful environment created by the management. You are expected to perform your duties at 100% but only with 50% resources available.
There are good people working in a bad position, the benefits are great but the stress counteracts those.
Pros
Good Benefits, Free Lunch, Nice People
Cons
Stressful, understaffed, bad management
Excellent place to work.
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2016
Monitoring table games. Taking numerous calls from the variuos departments and logging them. Also performing reviews to settle disputes, find errors and variances. I became better in my knowledge of Baccarat, European Roulette as well as some carnival games that were new to me.

Management was the best. They were always present to help when needed, taught different software programs to assist in player evaluations and offer advice.

Coworkers were always there to help others - team work. The environment was much more subdued and professional.

We had VCR's when I worked there - so as most of us know that is the hardest part of the job - tape change.

The friendliness and the excitement of working in a busy place.

I love working in Surveillance.
Pros
Great management and atmosphere.
Cons
At the time I left, the pay was low.
Factory Type atmosphere
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 30, 2016
In working at a casino you have to be able to deal with members of management who came from working at one of the automotive plants and the disrespectful manner in which they speak and treat you. Working for this particular casino has shown me a very bad side to gambling and those who can become easily addicted to it.

The company also has zero loyalty to its employees in the event you make a mistake you will be terminated. No questions asked.
Pros
Meeting and working with some incredible people!
Cons
Poor management
Great employees to work with that make the company what it is!
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2016
Often times it takes a team to get the job done! It takes upper management all the way done to your porters to make it all work to provide the best guest service! But the best part of the bar I work in is that if one person falls short there is always someone there to pick up the slack and help the guest! This kind of teamwork, in my opinion, is what MGM international resorts has always done right! They have always hired quality people that can do a great job!
Pros
Great benfits!
Cons
The availabilty of qualified applicants to fill jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.