MGM Resorts International

MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews in United States

Guest Relations Specialist
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2016
Coordinate and follow up with guests request re: Housekeeping, Bell desk, Room Service, Engineering and Maintenance using Hot Sos. Calculate and process charges and compensations during check out with confidential credit card transactions.
One of a Kind
Assistant Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2016
I worked in the largest hotel in America with over 5000 rooms. As a Front Desk Manager, it was my responsibility to: manage the room inventory, supervisor the front desk agents, resolve guest issues/concerns, communicate with multiple departments, pre-shift team members with pertinent information, and complete special projects as assigned by upper management.

In the summer seasons, my hotel receives an average of 2500 arrivals on Fridays and Sundays each week. We have the largest lobby in Las Vegas and I was fortunate enough to be a part of this management team to have had that experience. We also had over 130 front desk agents to support and manage and it was important that the managers worked together as a team.

The most enjoyable part of my work experience was the team that I worked with. Not only were they my co-workers but they were my second family. The more tenured agents provided me with honest feedback in regard to my leadership and my colleagues were the support that I needed to get through a tough day at work. My upper management was always there to listen and had their doors open for anyone - inviting anybody to come into their office. The culture that we built upon created a euphoric working environment for all employees.

The most difficult part of being a manager for me was learning the compensation aspect. A lot people associate Las Vegas with free compensation and it seems as if the demands have only gone up higher and we have to compensate more than what is warranted to the situation - in return for a positive feedback. From my multiple failures,
  more... I learned how to listen and analyze what the guests were really demanding for the predicament they were in. This is a skill that took me a very long time to acquire and still something I am improving upon.  less
Banquet Server
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Mandalay bayJune 19, 2016
Mandalay Bay is notorious for being the worst, meanest place to work on the Las Vegas strip. Coworkers rat on each other, start false rumors, call themselves your family while knowingly stab you in the back on a daily basis.Everyone trying to one up each other including the Terrible management. So many captains fighting for a promo they'll cut anyone's throat to get it. Management laughs and thinks it's all a game. Union sides with management. Most negatively talked about banquet department in all LV. Yes there are a few kiss butts that love it but they are truely mean spirited people. Most everyone does there job and does it well but there are tons of superior bragers. They take credit for your work. Truely under appreciated workers.
Pros
Most banquets in Vegas are union scale and good tip
Cons
Management jumps out of hiding spots to catch you having water
Lots of gossip
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, miJune 16, 2016
Most management didn't give a hoot about there job, didn't come down hard enough on employees. Lots of people that work there don't do there jobs.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Food was bad they served employees
Mgm
N/E (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2016
Normal day is that we get very busy as I'm by myself for two properties.
I learn alot each day of work as I teach meyself things .
mangagment is ok but something arent thought through.
some coworker great to work with and some are not
Doing two man jobs by urself.
Pros
Lunch and benefits
Cons
alot of stuff
This job could have been so much more, but just wasn't.
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTJune 12, 2016
Great venue, lots of customers, good co-workers, free meals, great products to sell. Just no real opportunities to advance.
Pros
Very short commute, decent pay
Cons
No real growth opportunities
Fast paced and dynamic environment
Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2016
Incredible property, filled with daily challenges and opportunities. Amazing staff that is up for and challenge. Fast paced environment.
MGM Resorts leads the industry
SPA Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2016
MGM Resorts leads the industry in diversity and planetary consciousness. With it's continual efforts and organizations to get everyone involved in the continual awareness of being green, limiting it's carbon footprint and a true spirit of inclusion should be an inspiration to all large corporations.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Departmental oversite
Great company to start career.
Hotel Sales Internship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2016
MGM has been great to help me get started with my career. They have helped my while I've been in school and helped me get in touch with the sales office on property. The director of slots and various other supervisors care about their employees. Sometime the casino can get to you because of the constant customer recovery for slot players and the app MyVegas.
Large company with opportunity to move around
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2016
My typical department was relatively hard to work in because in such a large company, there are a lot of moving pieces and those pieces all have different goals and expectations.

Want to know more about MGM Resorts International?

Ask a question
good place to grow
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 29, 2016
The beau rivage is a pretty good place to work,it has its negative people there,but as long as you ignore them its really a good paying job,housekeeping there is not what people think,it's hard work like any job but easy to learn,after your training period the money you make is kinda on you and your speed(more rooms ,more $$) if you do well you can move up pretty quick usually.there's plenty room for advancement.I love meeting guest from all over and getting to know them to make them feel more welcomed
Pros
free lunch, uniforms, pay is good
Cons
not always enough time
Stressful
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2016
MGM was a great learning experience for me though very stressful. No one was on the same page; especially management. Rules changed daily.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Inconsistency with Management
Pros and Cons
Sports Book Administrator & Ticket Writer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2016
It is enjoyable working with the guests at this high end resort and health benefits are commendable.
There seems to be a culture from the company to encourage employees to promote, however, management seems to make poor decisions across departments in hiring and promotions.
Caring
Status Board Operator - Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2016
- Manage activity of personal and commercial policy including file audits, file logs and handling policies
- Review E-mails promptly, reply where necessary, print attachments, follow up on actions, flag urgent messages. Update database in Hawksoft
- Proofreading and composing grammatically correct correspondence
- Internal & External communication with Underwriter, Mortgage, Company's Business Partner, Insured (Personal & Commercial)
great place
Assistant Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2016
good place to work fun crew good management learing alot . good jobs, nice stuff .Alot of good things about this place. like it alot so good
managment and HR
Sales Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2016
by far one of the worst management i have came across. the HR have this policies that are really hard to deal with. if any one got hired at MGM expect this.
Pros
amazing place to work
Cons
no benefit, bad managment
A good place to work
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2016
I worked for the MGM/Mirage corporation for over 25 years. What i have learned is thats its not where you work but who you work for. You have to believe in the product your selling and in the company otherwise what is the point? The spa at the MGM had some amazing people working there who are passionate and caring about there jobs. They are in the process of remodeling it and have made some great improvements.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
hard to get full time
A GREAT place to work!
Infrastructure Services Manager (Current Employee) –  MGM Grand DetroitMay 11, 2016
This is a fast moving business, you have to be open to change because the casino industry has to stay relevant for its guests. So there is nothing typical about a day, you come to work with a plan and in an instant you must change direction to address an issue or something the business feels is more important.
Pros
There is a free Employee Dinning Facility included, 401K, and Bonuses based on Revenue.
Very professional company
Cocktail Server / Grandette (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 9, 2016
Great company, good pay and it teaches you life long lessons
Working for this company, you learn the basic communications skills
to communicate with people from other cultures, religion and races.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
gambling industry
Required
Computer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2016
Don't have much to say.. good benefits. decent pay.

free lunches but quality has gone down.

free soft drinks and discounts on rooms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.