MGM Resorts International

MGM Resorts International United States Employee Reviews

Operates a unique resort experience.
Convention Bartender (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
Pros: Awsome Perks and discounts for all employees.
With over 62,000 employees the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. MGM Resorts International provides first class accommodations and dining, world class entertainment, state of the art meeting and convention facilities and high quality retail and gaming experiences.
Was new to the company, and was able to learn alot about MGM
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2015
Pros: good work place, great co-workers
Cons: not enough room to move up within the company
This was my first job with MGM Resorts, and I was able to learn the culture and what it takes to work in a Casino industry. The ability to work with many properties on a project at one time. Scheduling Directors for meeting and making travel plans for them also.
Great Company Culture
Convention Services Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2015
MGM Resorts International invests in their employees professional and individual development. Great company, excellent benefits overall, especially for high level employees.
Mediocre...eh their jobs will help you pay your bills and get by I guess
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: edr, volunteerism, show ticket and room discounts periodically
Cons: favoritism, micromanagement, clique driven regardless of skill or experience
MGM is a huge company with plenty of jobs available. Growth is encouraged for the most part if you show interest and put in at least 2 years before taking the next step. Favoritism is alive and well here, but if you are willing to stick it out, your job is secure. Some employees are friendly, but of course there are those who are not so nice because of title or ego...usually both. Play their game, and you will be golden...otherwise you are just another number unfortunately. Nothing stellar, just mediocre, pay grade is the lowest on the strip and I have worked at other luxury hotels...aim higher if you can.
Wonderful growth opportunity
Guest Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2015
I learned an immense amount working within Strategic Operations for MGM Resorts International. I was responsible for data analysis, marketing campaigns, and PR coverage. I have transitioned out to California and am eager to continue a successful career.
It's a good place to start, but not to grow or stay
Channel Distribution Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch, csr initiatives
Cons: poor pay, incentivized to leave company
MGM Resorts is one of those companies that's trying to trudge along the slumping Las Vegas economy. They have multiple properties in development and are trying to grow. The executive team has some great ideas and are working to make the company a better place to work, as well as improve the CSR image of the company and culture.
Unfortunately they're in a transition phase, they know where they want to go, but are struggling to get there. I think this is because they are relatively low paying and do not attract or retain the best talent. Also, it's very political and the internal job application system relies on your relationship with your manager. If they don't think you're ready or want to lose you, they can tell the department you're applying to as much. It's very difficult and slow to switch departments.
Also the pay structure makes no sense, managers make less than their employees at the base salary level (not counting incentives or commissions). Difference in pay for same position can be up to 30% different without any explanation or transparency.
An amazing place to work with incredibly talented people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2015
Performing a variety of tasks throughout day provided the challenge and whetted my desire to constantly learn. Management worked hard to make this a caring workplace and exceeded all expectations constantly, highly encouraging personal development. Co-workers were always highly friendly, respectful and we worked closely as a team with lots of fun and humor.
Open Work Environment
Cash Specialist- NGAA (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2014
As a cash specialist you work in a team setting environment, open desks visible to everyone. There is the FSSC that contains many accounting/finance departments in the building. Employees are friendly, co-workers concentrated on their work. There is always events organized by MGM Resorts International and hosted on site. Good career/work balance.
Great learning experience
Administrative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2014
Pros: great medical coverage, supplies lunches, great people
Cons: salary
Great Company with room for advancement, great learning tools.

Amazing peers, friendly enviorment and room for growth.

Day is filled with claims processing, high phone volume, filing, mail and everyday events that take place on a daily basis.
Great benefits, Nice blend of job responsibilities
Casino pit clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: hard to move up unless you know someone.
Tried for several years to move up into a higher position and was told that economy was poor so I went back to get my Masters Degree in Special Education for grades K-12 in order to make sure I have a good career for the future. The job prospects are better in Texas where my son lives so I have relocated there to finish my degree and look for work at the local schools and university.
AVOID
Security Officer, Bellagio (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2014
Pros: uniforms cleaned
Cons: horrible pay, worst management i have ever experienced
Avoid this place: The pay compared to what the job requires of you is Corporate Wage Theft at its greatest. If you dont heed my words and go forward, expect the opposite of what you are told in orientation. The Management is the worst I have ever experienced anywhere. The EDR is sickening (literally). You are better off working for a Local Private Security Company than being exploited by these people. Save yourself a lot of aggravation. Everyone of my coworkers that I speak with is constantly looking for another job and its a revolving door of people coming and going. You have been warned.
Industry Leader in Casino/Hospitality
Compliance Financial Investigations Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2014
Good support from management
Challenging but rewarding job culture
fun and entertaining work place
Bellman (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
easy going work place friendly environment, learned to enjoy life management is very applicable, co-workers are great. Hardest part of my job is the heavy lifting most enjoyable part is seeing all the people having a good time
MGM Resorts is a very nice place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2014
I learned that balance in life and work is the most important key to having a successful career.
Worked with a Team that was bright and caring and made working in our department exciting.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2014
Sorry I had to leave….moved to another state.

Our department had some of the brightest sustainability employees who helped move the company to "green" all of its properties.
INSULTING PLACE TO WORK
F/B DIRECTOR (Former Employee), LUXOR AND CIRCUS CIRCUS RENOOctober 30, 2014
Pros: it is a job.....
Cons: vicious management with no concern for people
This company under the MGM umbrella is a joke.
They talk out of both sides of their mouths.
High concern for their bonuses and low concern for their people.
BEWARE......DON'T GO THERE !
Good opportunities
F&B Management (Current Employee), Las VegasOctober 15, 2014
Great flexibility to try different areas and find your niche.
Fast Paced Environment
Contact Center Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2014
Pros: breakroom, visits from performers
Cons: benefits, qa checks and adherence
Working for MGM Resorts International Contact Center was a different experience. It was fun and entertaining during the first two weeks of training, but when you were on your own, things changed. Although, I know that they are a four star and five star rated company, they expected a lot of their employees and did not compensate very much. The great thing that they offered was a wonderful breakroom with a Company Kitchen and beverages of all sorts, Early Outs if business was slow, and frequent visit from from the stage performers from the MGM property shows on the strip. The hardest part of the position was the constant QA checks and their high standards for adherence. Not that I personally had a problem, but they didn't want to change your personality but in turn they wanted to change your personality. They also did not offer benefit packages for employees that worked under 32 hours and you had to wait for 6 months before you were considered for benefits as long as you had averaged 32 hours per week in a quarter.
Employee and leadership team growth and development, guest experience, quality control, training programs, daily department operation success.
Housekeeping Training Manager (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSOctober 3, 2014
Pros: complementary lunch and parking, social and volunteer work participation, green programs, etc
Pretty good Company,

Employees have the opportunity to participate in community volunteer work.

Company offers complementary parking and healthy meals.

Constant grow and develop programs through a diverse of training courses.
Great perks and fun people to work with.
Contact Center, Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free show tickets
Cons: not enough time off the phones.
The hours were hard. I liked my co-workers. Management was ok except they all were not on the same page.

1 2 3 4

About MGM Resorts International

It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The company's more – Read more

MGM Resorts International Salaries