MGM Resorts International

MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Productive, lots of responsibilities
Count Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2016
I would open the slot machines, take the money out, and then take the money to the count room. I would also count all of the poker chips and take the money from atm machines.
This place is a BAD
spa (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2016
Dont work here! the management is the worst youve ever seen. very imature and mean people. gossiping and talking about dating life, dont help you act like they are busy. they have friends that they help but if you arent friend they will make you suffer.
benefits
Cons
backstabbing managers and wokers.
good
Build and Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2016
Good working with Big companies like MGM, as I had a lot of changes to work on multiple tools and different applications, including cloud base and CI CD tools and automation.
fine
One Club Guest service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 12, 2016
fine for 20+ years of stability and growth is workable - nice that the company had nice employee benefits and meals at a discount
Productive and fun
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDSeptember 9, 2016
I was working as a contractor. It was a very friendly working atmosphere and accelerated work. We always had to meet deadlines….
I the past I always worked for general contractors so my experience with MGM being a developer, was educational.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Crowded work place
Hired 1989 through June 2016 Retired
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits as well as a positive company culture. Managed over 400 employees each day, maintaining 5 diamond service while maintaining over 5 million sq ft of Public property 24 hours per day. The hardest part of the job was aligning the department daily work to the budget. We successfully achieved our goals over the last few years. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people and there dedication, as well as the overall 5 Diamond appearance we all achieved.
Pros
Great customer service and a leader in hospitality.
Cons
MGM is a great company to work for as it's one of the leading companies in the Hospitality industry.
Events Specialist (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 8, 2016
Pros-vendor relationships, co-workers, free lunches, departmental relationships, planning events

Cons-compensation, benefits, advancement, employee engagement
Best job ever
Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2016
Good company, work over 10 years , great benefits, insurance for the whole family, great pay, and vacation paid. Work from differnt departments.
Pros
Free lunch, one hour brakes
Poorly run
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2016
poorly run by management. claim to be union yet isn't run union whatsoever. fun atmosphere and great coworkers. food is ok.
Great employees to work with that make the company what it is!
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2016
Often times it takes a team to get the job done! It takes upper management all the way done to your porters to make it all work to provide the best guest service! But the best part of the bar I work in is that if one person falls short there is always someone there to pick up the slack and help the guest! This kind of teamwork, in my opinion, is what MGM international resorts has always done right! They have always hired quality people that can do a great job!
Pros
Great benfits!
Cons
The availabilty of qualified applicants to fill jobs.
Amazing Location to work at
Poker Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2016
My experience at my specific location was very much worthwhile. I was given the tools to make my way from a receptionist to a tax prep assistant to the general manager. I had a wonderful team and that is the bottom line to loving your job.
Hotel Operations is the worst
Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
There is always a lot of turnover at hotels and that is definitely the case here. No one stays very long because they do not treat you fairly and watch every move you make.
Fun place to work, but didnt like Management
Lifeguard/Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2016
My job as a Lifeguard/Pool Attendant at MGM was great. I loved coming to work everyday and working to accommodate guests every need. As a Lifeguard I would be on stand and supervise the water at all times, and clean the entire pool deck to picking up towels and trash. As a pool attendant I was responsible for handing out towels to guests, setting them up in their chairs, and selling sunscreen, apparel, and snacks to the guests.
Pros
Free and Paid Lunch, Long Breaks, 40hrs a week
Cons
Benefits to full time positions only, seasonal job unless you have senority.
Fun and relaxed job
Lead Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 15, 2016
Has great benefits plans. Equal opportunity employer. Places for advancement and relocation opportunities. Typical day was opening and closing procedures and responsible for guest and empolyee safety. Great co-workers other than manager. Manager of this job should not be in this position. She was unfair and unethical.
Pros
free lunches
standing on your feet for long periods, but somehow it really did not seem to be as long as it was
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2016
talking with guest and workers was a fun part of the job, you really become a family at work, most of the guest came so often that you got to know them and their family as your own.
They were always trying out a new game and that was fun to learn and also teach after it was put into play,
The hardest part was telling someone they could no longer play for one reason or another.
We had a lot of party's where we would cook food and bring it in for all to enjoy on our breaks, and we did a lot of party's to raise money for school children or the poor.
Pros
the food was good, the pay was great'
Cons
brakes were always to short for we had a long walk to the break room
Excellent place to work.
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2016
Monitoring table games. Taking numerous calls from the variuos departments and logging them. Also performing reviews to settle disputes, find errors and variances. I became better in my knowledge of Baccarat, European Roulette as well as some carnival games that were new to me.

Management was the best. They were always present to help when needed, taught different software programs to assist in player evaluations and offer advice.

Coworkers were always there to help others - team work. The environment was much more subdued and professional.

We had VCR's when I worked there - so as most of us know that is the hardest part of the job - tape change.

The friendliness and the excitement of working in a busy place.

I love working in Surveillance.
Pros
Great management and atmosphere.
Cons
At the time I left, the pay was low.
Cocktail waitreee and bottle service
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2016
Great place to work. So many opportunities. Meet tons of celebrity's. Love my workmates. We were a true team. Everyone helps and makes sure we are safe.
Pros
Benefits of everything
Cons
Crazy drunk men
Great opportunity to be part of MGM Resorts International
Business Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2016
Awesome environment, lots of opportunities to grow up within th company, very professional and competent behavior, excellent guest service
Fun seasonal pool position
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2016
Enjoyable pool work environment with personable management. Great summer job in Las Vegas, but required much endurance to withstand 8 hour shifts in 120 degree summer days while carrying 20 pound trays of drinks and beer buckets.
Very positive and fun place to work.
Housekeeping/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  3600 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109July 14, 2016
The entire property functions as a team and everyone really has a good time doing their jobs. It's never unusual to see people from different departments pass through your office just to say hello on their way to somewhere else.

Even part-time employees enjoy a great many benefits. The free clinic, wellness center, and employee dining area really set the standard in my mind for the industry. Being an employee at MGM you are treated with the same courtesy as though you are a guest.

Hotel/Casino life can be very demanding, and a lot of the time you can feel like you are living at your job. Working for MGM you almost want to live at your job. (Presidential Suite)

MGM Resorts International Reviews by Location