MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

my resume
houseman (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2015
Pros: free parking lot, lunches, breacks and entertaiments, overtime
Cons: far from home
huge place and beautiful as well, full of people everyday. so is important to me to be alert all the time for the best performance during my period of job and make a team-work. exelent communication with co-workers and supervisors.
Lack of organizational structure and cohesion creates challenges around moving the business forward
Vice President (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2015
Extremely silo-ed organization with little to no appetite for change. Great assets with tremendous untapped potential on both the operations and development fronts.
Great in the begging...
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Las VegasAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Free show tickets as well as great perks!
Cons: Managent, and changes.
I loved my job when I started and then the company started to make changes for the worse. I loved working with the guest and learning about all MGM Resorts. I learned a lot and I am grateful for the opportunity to work for such a big and well known company. I loved my co-workers.
Like working with interesting people.
Lead Database Administrator (Current Employee), las vegas NevadaAugust 17, 2015
Working hard solving problems and helping where needed. Learned how to handle difficult issues calmly and getting the job done right.
Management was helpful in solving issues by offering alternatives. Co-workers were always there to help. When issues couldn't be solved immediately and support was called to assist.

Getting it done right and helping the clients.
Extremely collectivist style ideology starting at orientation and beyond
Apprentice Bartender (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2015
Pros: if you like being an employee number as opposed to a name this is where you want to be.
Cons: Emotionally and physically taxing when you're powerless to correct things speedily, instead everything is a process
This review is directed only toward how MGM took over nightclub venue and totally dropped the ball. All any worker heard about was too many hours, profit/loss statements, and employees never supplied with correct materials including running out of the most basic of supplies. The managers not only weren't familiar with subordinate's duties but would also ask subordinate's how to manage. I do not believe the entire company is like this but what a disappointment when you NEED something NOW and have to cut through 30 layers of red tape to even get the ball rolling meanwhile they have already altered your clock-in times so if everything ran perfectly your're running like mad to be done by opening of club that your transition from opening side work to opening of venue feels rushed, uneasy, and no matter how adamant you are about getting bar reset after shift to avoid another disaster like day before the cycle repeats itself with most product 86'd.
Good workplace
FMLA Administrator Corp Office (Current Employee), Las Vegas NVAugust 11, 2015
They promote total compensation package...so the pay is not the highest however many good benefits.

Professional culture and fun enviromnet with a lot of work.
Biggest Company in Nevada
Chef Concierge (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Great Opportunities, Wonderful Work/Life Balance, Social and Environmentally Friendly Company
MGM Resorts is an amazing company to work for. They value my opinion and make strides to enact my ideas (big and small). Some changes in Management can alter the culture, however the teams always seem to take this as opportunity to grow. Rarely do I go to work and not see smiling faces and happy workers in all departments.
Great company and takes care of their people
Director, Cross Region and Partnership Marketing (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Train and develop their employees
Cons: none
MGM Resorts International is a well organized company and takes care of their employees and the community. Diversity, Training/development and competitive compensations are second to none.
No Raises
Security Officer (Current Employee), Las VegasJune 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No respect
Very limited chance of advancement, management don't care about you, only raise is a 2.5% cost of living increase ,and no holiday pay. Oh but we do get 14 days to call in sick, and 3 weeks vacation pay. Oh yeah no training, they just throw you on the floor, then write you up when you make a mistake.
Relaxed and Challenging environment, focused on hiring and keeping talented employees
Manager of Finance (Data & Reporting) (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 26, 2015
I've worked for three casino company's and this has been the best one, with a more confident and smart leadership to help you realize your potential.
Great job
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast & lunch.
Great job. Great co-workers. Great management. It was a pleasure to work for this company. Hate to leave. If you are looking for work in Las Vegas, try MGM Resorts International.
Excellent emerging IT organization
Incident Manager – IT Service Management (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2015
Pros: Good working environment
Good, solid management. Excellent working environment. For the most part team members work as a team. Typical work day is predictable.
Operates a unique resort experience.
Convention Bartender (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
Pros: Awsome Perks and discounts for all employees.
With over 62,000 employees the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. MGM Resorts International provides first class accommodations and dining, world class entertainment, state of the art meeting and convention facilities and high quality retail and gaming experiences.
Was new to the company, and was able to learn alot about MGM
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2015
Pros: good work place, great co-workers
Cons: not enough room to move up within the company
This was my first job with MGM Resorts, and I was able to learn the culture and what it takes to work in a Casino industry. The ability to work with many properties on a project at one time. Scheduling Directors for meeting and making travel plans for them also.
Great Company Culture
Convention Services Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2015
MGM Resorts International invests in their employees professional and individual development. Great company, excellent benefits overall, especially for high level employees.
Mediocre...eh their jobs will help you pay your bills and get by I guess
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: edr, volunteerism, show ticket and room discounts periodically
Cons: favoritism, micromanagement, clique driven regardless of skill or experience
MGM is a huge company with plenty of jobs available. Growth is encouraged for the most part if you show interest and put in at least 2 years before taking the next step. Favoritism is alive and well here, but if you are willing to stick it out, your job is secure. Some employees are friendly, but of course there are those who are not so nice because of title or ego...usually both. Play their game, and you will be golden...otherwise you are just another number unfortunately. Nothing stellar, just mediocre, pay grade is the lowest on the strip and I have worked at other luxury hotels...aim higher if you can.
Wonderful growth opportunity
Guest Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2015
I learned an immense amount working within Strategic Operations for MGM Resorts International. I was responsible for data analysis, marketing campaigns, and PR coverage. I have transitioned out to California and am eager to continue a successful career.
It's a good place to start, but not to grow or stay
Channel Distribution Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch, csr initiatives
Cons: poor pay, incentivized to leave company
MGM Resorts is one of those companies that's trying to trudge along the slumping Las Vegas economy. They have multiple properties in development and are trying to grow. The executive team has some great ideas and are working to make the company a better place to work, as well as improve the CSR image of the company and culture.
Unfortunately they're in a transition phase, they know where they want to go, but are struggling to get there. I think this is because they are relatively low paying and do not attract or retain the best talent. Also, it's very political and the internal job application system relies on your relationship with your manager. If they don't think you're ready or want to lose you, they can tell the department you're applying to as much. It's very difficult and slow to switch departments.
Also the pay structure makes no sense, managers make less than their employees at the base salary level (not counting incentives or commissions). Difference in pay for same position can be up to 30% different without any explanation or transparency.
An amazing place to work with incredibly talented people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2015
Performing a variety of tasks throughout day provided the challenge and whetted my desire to constantly learn. Management worked hard to make this a caring workplace and exceeded all expectations constantly, highly encouraging personal development. Co-workers were always highly friendly, respectful and we worked closely as a team with lots of fun and humor.
Open Work Environment
Cash Specialist- NGAA (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2014
As a cash specialist you work in a team setting environment, open desks visible to everyone. There is the FSSC that contains many accounting/finance departments in the building. Employees are friendly, co-workers concentrated on their work. There is always events organized by MGM Resorts International and hosted on site. Good career/work balance.