MGM Resorts International

MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

On a huge dowhill spiral
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Aria CasinoNovember 24, 2016
MGM as a company, and ARIA was a great place to work for the 1st 3 yrs the casino was open. Now it is on a huge spiral downwards. Paid time off is not awarded on an annual basis. It's accumulated by hours worked. But they cut hours on employees too.

The Employee dining room used to have the absolute best food for employees on the strip. Always fresh varieties of Asian, Italian, Mexican, American food stuffs. Extremely freshly cooked, flavorful food. And you could use the EDR any time you wanted, multiple times even, during your shift. Now you cannot even get eggs. The food is old and dry, mostly bland, overcooked, horrible food. And you half to swipe through a turnstile without knowledge of what's in the lineup of food, once per day.

No longer are non union employees paid holiday pay. All major holidays are "blackout" days for days off, and calling out will earn you extra points and 1 day suspension. Yes, $9 an hour tipped employees do not get to spend holidays with family, AND you get no thank yous from the company officers pleasantly spending time with THEIR families.

OVERHIRING, and then giving you only 3 days per week of work! Less than 30% of staff is full time with benefits, even with 6 yrs of seniority you will not be full time with benefits. You're expected to get approval for any second job by your manager? Really? Why should I HAVE to have a 2nd job?

Most middle managers have no clue at all about the business.

If this company continues to treat it's employees like this it will end in bankruptcy. You cannot treat employees this bad in a business
  more... requiring this type of great customer service. The employees just won't care, when management doesn't care about them.  less
Pros
Co-workers are good people.
Cons
almost everything has become a con in this casino
fun fast paced awesome place to work at
Cage Cashier I (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2016
Greeted by staff at work clock in 2 min before scheduled work time verify paperwork along with bank input all passwords in system cashouts cash exchange money transactions do paperwork on mid shift lunch break back to window and assist cutomers then 2nd break count out and clock out.
multiple cash transactions money handling tittle 31 oriented able to do a multitude of various banks, chip bank, high limits,iou, employee bank
management is awesome
co workers are friendly caring open compassionate
getting out on time was the hardest
having the customer customer back and enjoys seeing the staff
Pros
benefits dental, vision, medical
Cons
short on staff
Terrible place to work for!!!!
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Beau Rivage, MSNovember 19, 2016
I've worked this position and they work you like a dog with no help. You do the work of three men sometimes four with no help. Management is terrible.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work you like a slave.
Spa Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ExcaliburNovember 17, 2016
Great work environment. I've enjoyed the new skills I've learned and meeting the many different personalities from all over the world. That's one of the interesting opportunities about working on the strip, you meet people from all around the world.
Job was fun and busy
Convention Porter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2016
I liked the job, however, I ran into difficulty by not being bilingual and it was frustrating. However, I did the best I could and worked through the language barriers.
Pros
fun job
Cons
did not speak Spanish
fun environment with continous change management
Client Services - Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2016
Multicultural diverse work environment with continuous training for self improvement. Co- workers are from all types of ethnic groups with different backgrounds.
Great Workplace
Group Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2016
I love Circus Circus sales department for family-like atmosphere. The management is great. The benefits are amazing, plus the employee perks such as discounted tickets to the shows. The cons - it`s hard to move up in the company coming from Circus Circus. You get an hour of paid lunch, and of course there is an EDR.
Pros
benefits, discounts on shows
Cons
hard to move up
F&B team have alot of fun
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2016
good benefits, nice people, free lunch, flexible with hours for appointments, vendors bring in food for the buyers to sample, not flexible on working hours, there is a set time for work
Great
Steward (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 1, 2016
Good first job it taught me how to deal with people and work and deal with money. Learned to always smile and keep the customers happy and how to handle different si
Learned so much from working at MGM, it was great working for them.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNOctober 23, 2016
I learned so much about myself because the team was patient enough to let me grow. I was a hard worker and no one in that entire plant will say otherwise. No air conditioning or heaters all year, and the workday started at 6 am. I think in the 3 years i was there i was late to work twice. I just naturally wanted to be reliable. It was hard work and i sweat gallons but it was totally worth it just because of the growth i got for myself. I wish i could've stayed longer and made it to management but moving prevented that. I learned to be more patient with my co workers, how to just do what was ask sometimes even if that wasn't the most productive way. They did create a position for me that they had never had and it was coordinator. Because of that decision, i was able to change so much that made our department a more productive and easier way to function. It was such a challenge because alot of retraining was involved and since i wasn't a manager, it was difficult. I made everyone angry with me at some point but it was worth it because of how much better we all came together to get the job done.
Pros
The team was so much fun to work with, we worked hard but we smiled doing it.
Cons
The 4 hours before the first break wasn't pleasing. and not having any air conditioning.
I love this department!
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2016
Talent Acquisition has been the best experience so far! Everyone is very team oriented and management is helpful with any issues we come across.
Excellent casino and hotel
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 30, 2016
In short words it was very lively and exciting. The staff and customers were very friendly and entertaining. It was an experience.
Factory Type atmosphere
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 30, 2016
In working at a casino you have to be able to deal with members of management who came from working at one of the automotive plants and the disrespectful manner in which they speak and treat you. Working for this particular casino has shown me a very bad side to gambling and those who can become easily addicted to it.

The company also has zero loyalty to its employees in the event you make a mistake you will be terminated. No questions asked.
Pros
Meeting and working with some incredible people!
Cons
Poor management
Big place where staff is treated as a number
Bell Supervisor (Captain) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2016
The hotel overbooks almost every week which makes it very hard on all of the staff to stay positive. High ranking leaders seem to not care much about their line level employees. Create a lot of stress on them and demand perfection.
Productive, lots of responsibilities
Count Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2016
I would open the slot machines, take the money out, and then take the money to the count room. I would also count all of the poker chips and take the money from atm machines.
This place is a BAD
spa (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2016
Dont work here! the management is the worst youve ever seen. very imature and mean people. gossiping and talking about dating life, dont help you act like they are busy. they have friends that they help but if you arent friend they will make you suffer.
benefits
Cons
backstabbing managers and wokers.
good
Build and Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2016
Good working with Big companies like MGM, as I had a lot of changes to work on multiple tools and different applications, including cloud base and CI CD tools and automation.
fine
One Club Guest service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 12, 2016
fine for 20+ years of stability and growth is workable - nice that the company had nice employee benefits and meals at a discount
Productive and fun
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDSeptember 9, 2016
I was working as a contractor. It was a very friendly working atmosphere and accelerated work. We always had to meet deadlines….
I the past I always worked for general contractors so my experience with MGM being a developer, was educational.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Crowded work place
Hired 1989 through June 2016 Retired
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits as well as a positive company culture. Managed over 400 employees each day, maintaining 5 diamond service while maintaining over 5 million sq ft of Public property 24 hours per day. The hardest part of the job was aligning the department daily work to the budget. We successfully achieved our goals over the last few years. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people and there dedication, as well as the overall 5 Diamond appearance we all achieved.
Pros
Great customer service and a leader in hospitality.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

MGM Resorts International Reviews by Location