MGM Resorts International

MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews in United States

Great opportunity to be part of MGM Resorts International
Business Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2016
Awesome environment, lots of opportunities to grow up within th company, very professional and competent behavior, excellent guest service
Fun seasonal pool position
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2016
Enjoyable pool work environment with personable management. Great summer job in Las Vegas, but required much endurance to withstand 8 hour shifts in 120 degree summer days while carrying 20 pound trays of drinks and beer buckets.
Very positive and fun place to work.
Housekeeping/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  3600 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109July 14, 2016
The entire property functions as a team and everyone really has a good time doing their jobs. It's never unusual to see people from different departments pass through your office just to say hello on their way to somewhere else.

Even part-time employees enjoy a great many benefits. The free clinic, wellness center, and employee dining area really set the standard in my mind for the industry. Being an employee at MGM you are treated with the same courtesy as though you are a guest.

Hotel/Casino life can be very demanding, and a lot of the time you can feel like you are living at your job. Working for MGM you almost want to live at your job. (Presidential Suite)
Fun place to work
Electronic Device Tech (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2016
Large company, with a lot of employees. Provides good benefits and competitive pay.
I would recommend this company to work for.
Pleasant place to work.
MGM United Artist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 7, 2016
As payroll assistant I verified time for many employees, both salaried and hourly; maintained time and attendance records; entered new-hires into system and made any necessary adjustments. Prepared monthly and quarterly federal and multi-state tax returns.

The hardest part of the job was meeting all the deadlines. I enjoyed learning a little about the entertainment industry.
Pros
Learned a little about the entertainment side of business
Cons
I had a new baby and the days were very long.
BBJ Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2016
We received training, Typical day is Preflight aircraft for flights and recover aircraft and work any squawks. Work and due inspection cards. Plan and execute any inspection from light and heavy maintenance. Aircraft type are BBJ (737-700/800) and Gulfstream
G-550/450/350
Stressful environment to work, Low chance to move up
Security Investigator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
From the time you clock in to the time you clock out its a stressful environment created by the management. You are expected to perform your duties at 100% but only with 50% resources available.
There are good people working in a bad position, the benefits are great but the stress counteracts those.
Pros
Good Benefits, Free Lunch, Nice People
Cons
Stressful, understaffed, bad management
fast paced
Internship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2016
If you really love meeting new people and enjoy working the fast pace life this is a really amazing company to work there. Benefits are really great and company loves their employees.
Great experience
Technician Specialist/Systems Technician II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2016
This was a great opportunity to grow and gain knowledge in order to shape your future and career to come. Taught me valuable insight to enterprise systems and the challenges they faced.
Very positive and fun place to work.
Business Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 24, 2016
Dealing with the public, especially in the hospitality and casino industries can be taxing at best. MGM really goes the extra mile to help their employees to lead a full life inside and outside of work.

Pros
Free shift meal, free clinic, free wellness center, complimentary uniform laundering and pressing
Cons
Can be very demanding of your time. No fault policies.
Guest Relations Specialist
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2016
Coordinate and follow up with guests request re: Housekeeping, Bell desk, Room Service, Engineering and Maintenance using Hot Sos. Calculate and process charges and compensations during check out with confidential credit card transactions.
One of a Kind
Assistant Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2016
I worked in the largest hotel in America with over 5000 rooms. As a Front Desk Manager, it was my responsibility to: manage the room inventory, supervisor the front desk agents, resolve guest issues/concerns, communicate with multiple departments, pre-shift team members with pertinent information, and complete special projects as assigned by upper management.

In the summer seasons, my hotel receives an average of 2500 arrivals on Fridays and Sundays each week. We have the largest lobby in Las Vegas and I was fortunate enough to be a part of this management team to have had that experience. We also had over 130 front desk agents to support and manage and it was important that the managers worked together as a team.

The most enjoyable part of my work experience was the team that I worked with. Not only were they my co-workers but they were my second family. The more tenured agents provided me with honest feedback in regard to my leadership and my colleagues were the support that I needed to get through a tough day at work. My upper management was always there to listen and had their doors open for anyone - inviting anybody to come into their office. The culture that we built upon created a euphoric working environment for all employees.

The most difficult part of being a manager for me was learning the compensation aspect. A lot people associate Las Vegas with free compensation and it seems as if the demands have only gone up higher and we have to compensate more than what is warranted to the situation - in return for a positive feedback. From my multiple failures,
  more... I learned how to listen and analyze what the guests were really demanding for the predicament they were in. This is a skill that took me a very long time to acquire and still something I am improving upon.  less
Banquet Server
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Mandalay bayJune 19, 2016
Mandalay Bay is notorious for being the worst, meanest place to work on the Las Vegas strip. Coworkers rat on each other, start false rumors, call themselves your family while knowingly stab you in the back on a daily basis.Everyone trying to one up each other including the Terrible management. So many captains fighting for a promo they'll cut anyone's throat to get it. Management laughs and thinks it's all a game. Union sides with management. Most negatively talked about banquet department in all LV. Yes there are a few kiss butts that love it but they are truely mean spirited people. Most everyone does there job and does it well but there are tons of superior bragers. They take credit for your work. Truely under appreciated workers.
Pros
Most banquets in Vegas are union scale and good tip
Cons
Management jumps out of hiding spots to catch you having water
Lots of gossip
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, miJune 16, 2016
Most management didn't give a hoot about there job, didn't come down hard enough on employees. Lots of people that work there don't do there jobs.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Food was bad they served employees
Mgm
N/E (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2016
Normal day is that we get very busy as I'm by myself for two properties.
I learn alot each day of work as I teach meyself things .
mangagment is ok but something arent thought through.
some coworker great to work with and some are not
Doing two man jobs by urself.
Pros
Lunch and benefits
Cons
alot of stuff
This job could have been so much more, but just wasn't.
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTJune 12, 2016
Great venue, lots of customers, good co-workers, free meals, great products to sell. Just no real opportunities to advance.
Pros
Very short commute, decent pay
Cons
No real growth opportunities
Fast paced and dynamic environment
Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2016
Incredible property, filled with daily challenges and opportunities. Amazing staff that is up for and challenge. Fast paced environment.
MGM Resorts leads the industry
SPA Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2016
MGM Resorts leads the industry in diversity and planetary consciousness. With it's continual efforts and organizations to get everyone involved in the continual awareness of being green, limiting it's carbon footprint and a true spirit of inclusion should be an inspiration to all large corporations.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Departmental oversite
Great company to start career.
Hotel Sales Internship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2016
MGM has been great to help me get started with my career. They have helped my while I've been in school and helped me get in touch with the sales office on property. The director of slots and various other supervisors care about their employees. Sometime the casino can get to you because of the constant customer recovery for slot players and the app MyVegas.
Large company with opportunity to move around
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2016
My typical department was relatively hard to work in because in such a large company, there are a lot of moving pieces and those pieces all have different goals and expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

MGM Resorts International Reviews by Location