MGM Resorts International

MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

fun fast paced awesome place to work at
Cage Cashier I (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2016
Greeted by staff at work clock in 2 min before scheduled work time verify paperwork along with bank input all passwords in system cashouts cash exchange money transactions do paperwork on mid shift lunch break back to window and assist cutomers then 2nd break count out and clock out.
multiple cash transactions money handling tittle 31 oriented able to do a multitude of various banks, chip bank, high limits,iou, employee bank
management is awesome
co workers are friendly caring open compassionate
getting out on time was the hardest
having the customer customer back and enjoys seeing the staff
Pros
benefits dental, vision, medical
Cons
short on staff
Great work environment
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 2, 2016
Exciting workplace as a typical day is never typical. Always new projects to investigate, implement and support. Management is fair and understanding when issues arise. Co-workers are always willing to help each other to ensure project are successful and on time. Most difficult part of the job can occur on a large project where many departments are involved - it can be challenging to keep everyone on point and focused on timelines and deliverables. The best part of the job has to be the people working here. Most are hard-working, pleasant and eager to provide the best service possible.
Pros
Free parking, free lunches, excellent health benefits, flexible work hours and matching 401K
Cons
Downsizing possible and very little job advancement available within department
standing on your feet for long periods, but somehow it really did not seem to be as long as it was
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2016
talking with guest and workers was a fun part of the job, you really become a family at work, most of the guest came so often that you got to know them and their family as your own.
They were always trying out a new game and that was fun to learn and also teach after it was put into play,
The hardest part was telling someone they could no longer play for one reason or another.
We had a lot of party's where we would cook food and bring it in for all to enjoy on our breaks, and we did a lot of party's to raise money for school children or the poor.
Pros
the food was good, the pay was great'
Cons
brakes were always to short for we had a long walk to the break room
Hired 1989 through June 2016 Retired
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits as well as a positive company culture. Managed over 400 employees each day, maintaining 5 diamond service while maintaining over 5 million sq ft of Public property 24 hours per day. The hardest part of the job was aligning the department daily work to the budget. We successfully achieved our goals over the last few years. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people and there dedication, as well as the overall 5 Diamond appearance we all achieved.
Pros
Great customer service and a leader in hospitality.
Pros and Cons
Sports Book Administrator & Ticket Writer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2016
It is enjoyable working with the guests at this high end resort and health benefits are commendable.
There seems to be a culture from the company to encourage employees to promote, however, management seems to make poor decisions across departments in hiring and promotions.
Great Workplace
Group Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2016
I love Circus Circus sales department for family-like atmosphere. The management is great. The benefits are amazing, plus the employee perks such as discounted tickets to the shows. The cons - it`s hard to move up in the company coming from Circus Circus. You get an hour of paid lunch, and of course there is an EDR.
Pros
benefits, discounts on shows
Cons
hard to move up
Fun and relaxed job
Lead Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 15, 2016
Has great benefits plans. Equal opportunity employer. Places for advancement and relocation opportunities. Typical day was opening and closing procedures and responsible for guest and empolyee safety. Great co-workers other than manager. Manager of this job should not be in this position. She was unfair and unethical.
Pros
free lunches
This place is a BAD
spa (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2016
Dont work here! the management is the worst youve ever seen. very imature and mean people. gossiping and talking about dating life, dont help you act like they are busy. they have friends that they help but if you arent friend they will make you suffer.
benefits
Cons
backstabbing managers and wokers.
Stressful environment to work, Low chance to move up
Security Investigator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
From the time you clock in to the time you clock out its a stressful environment created by the management. You are expected to perform your duties at 100% but only with 50% resources available.
There are good people working in a bad position, the benefits are great but the stress counteracts those.
Pros
Good Benefits, Free Lunch, Nice People
Cons
Stressful, understaffed, bad management
MGM is a great company to work for as it's one of the leading companies in the Hospitality industry.
Events Specialist (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 8, 2016
Pros-vendor relationships, co-workers, free lunches, departmental relationships, planning events

Cons-compensation, benefits, advancement, employee engagement
Great Compnay-Union has negative effects
Lead Lounge Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2016
MGM is a great company to work for and provides excellent benefits to employees. However, because the property is union is does not give management the right to manage effectively. This becomes problematic because employees seem to run all over management, and management seems afraid to reprimand employees for bad behavior due to the union stepping in and backing the employees. Overall, the way management is treated by employees becomes disheartening and does not encourage lower line employees to want to promote themselves to management in the future.
Excellent place to work.
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2016
Monitoring table games. Taking numerous calls from the variuos departments and logging them. Also performing reviews to settle disputes, find errors and variances. I became better in my knowledge of Baccarat, European Roulette as well as some carnival games that were new to me.

Management was the best. They were always present to help when needed, taught different software programs to assist in player evaluations and offer advice.

Coworkers were always there to help others - team work. The environment was much more subdued and professional.

We had VCR's when I worked there - so as most of us know that is the hardest part of the job - tape change.

The friendliness and the excitement of working in a busy place.

I love working in Surveillance.
Pros
Great management and atmosphere.
Cons
At the time I left, the pay was low.
Fun place to work, but didnt like Management
Lifeguard/Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2016
My job as a Lifeguard/Pool Attendant at MGM was great. I loved coming to work everyday and working to accommodate guests every need. As a Lifeguard I would be on stand and supervise the water at all times, and clean the entire pool deck to picking up towels and trash. As a pool attendant I was responsible for handing out towels to guests, setting them up in their chairs, and selling sunscreen, apparel, and snacks to the guests.
Pros
Free and Paid Lunch, Long Breaks, 40hrs a week
Cons
Benefits to full time positions only, seasonal job unless you have senority.
Great employees to work with that make the company what it is!
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2016
Often times it takes a team to get the job done! It takes upper management all the way done to your porters to make it all work to provide the best guest service! But the best part of the bar I work in is that if one person falls short there is always someone there to pick up the slack and help the guest! This kind of teamwork, in my opinion, is what MGM international resorts has always done right! They have always hired quality people that can do a great job!
Pros
Great benfits!
Cons
The availabilty of qualified applicants to fill jobs.
fun place to work for, friendly, clean, productive.
GSR ( Slots Guest Representative) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2016
typical day at work will be when there is nothing wild going on, most days there is something new to learn, either they change policy or we get new ones. Most days are a learning process, either new rules, change of rules or customers doing something new or wild and fun. On my shift management is good, and no drama, good environment to work; I like it. Get alone well with co-workers, most are friendly and helpful nice to work with. The hardest part of this job is the membership card sign ups, we must meet the quote for each month lot of competition between co-workers.The most enjoyable part are the customers they are funny and wild just as is suppose to be in Vegas every one comes here to have fun be wild and...yeah spend the money.
Pros
Good Benefits, good environment to work.
Cons
Anything can change suddenly, no warnings.
Factory Type atmosphere
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 30, 2016
In working at a casino you have to be able to deal with members of management who came from working at one of the automotive plants and the disrespectful manner in which they speak and treat you. Working for this particular casino has shown me a very bad side to gambling and those who can become easily addicted to it.

The company also has zero loyalty to its employees in the event you make a mistake you will be terminated. No questions asked.
Pros
Meeting and working with some incredible people!
Cons
Poor management
Very positive and fun place to work.
Housekeeping/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  3600 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109July 14, 2016
The entire property functions as a team and everyone really has a good time doing their jobs. It's never unusual to see people from different departments pass through your office just to say hello on their way to somewhere else.

Even part-time employees enjoy a great many benefits. The free clinic, wellness center, and employee dining area really set the standard in my mind for the industry. Being an employee at MGM you are treated with the same courtesy as though you are a guest.

Hotel/Casino life can be very demanding, and a lot of the time you can feel like you are living at your job. Working for MGM you almost want to live at your job. (Presidential Suite)
Fun place to work
Electronic Device Tech (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2016
Large company, with a lot of employees. Provides good benefits and competitive pay.
I would recommend this company to work for.
Banquet Server
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Mandalay bayJune 19, 2016
Mandalay Bay is notorious for being the worst, meanest place to work on the Las Vegas strip. Coworkers rat on each other, start false rumors, call themselves your family while knowingly stab you in the back on a daily basis.Everyone trying to one up each other including the Terrible management. So many captains fighting for a promo they'll cut anyone's throat to get it. Management laughs and thinks it's all a game. Union sides with management. Most negatively talked about banquet department in all LV. Yes there are a few kiss butts that love it but they are truely mean spirited people. Most everyone does there job and does it well but there are tons of superior bragers. They take credit for your work. Truely under appreciated workers.
Pros
Most banquets in Vegas are union scale and good tip
Cons
Management jumps out of hiding spots to catch you having water
Very positive and fun place to work.
Business Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 24, 2016
Dealing with the public, especially in the hospitality and casino industries can be taxing at best. MGM really goes the extra mile to help their employees to lead a full life inside and outside of work.

Pros
Free shift meal, free clinic, free wellness center, complimentary uniform laundering and pressing
Cons
Can be very demanding of your time. No fault policies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.