MGM Resorts International

MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, but didnt like Management
Lifeguard/Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2016
My job as a Lifeguard/Pool Attendant at MGM was great. I loved coming to work everyday and working to accommodate guests every need. As a Lifeguard I would be on stand and supervise the water at all times, and clean the entire pool deck to picking up towels and trash. As a pool attendant I was responsible for handing out towels to guests, setting them up in their chairs, and selling sunscreen, apparel, and snacks to the guests.
Pros
Free and Paid Lunch, Long Breaks, 40hrs a week
Cons
Benefits to full time positions only, seasonal job unless you have senority.
Great employees to work with that make the company what it is!
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2016
Often times it takes a team to get the job done! It takes upper management all the way done to your porters to make it all work to provide the best guest service! But the best part of the bar I work in is that if one person falls short there is always someone there to pick up the slack and help the guest! This kind of teamwork, in my opinion, is what MGM international resorts has always done right! They have always hired quality people that can do a great job!
Pros
Great benfits!
Cons
The availabilty of qualified applicants to fill jobs.
Hired 1989 through June 2016 Retired
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits as well as a positive company culture. Managed over 400 employees each day, maintaining 5 diamond service while maintaining over 5 million sq ft of Public property 24 hours per day. The hardest part of the job was aligning the department daily work to the budget. We successfully achieved our goals over the last few years. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people and there dedication, as well as the overall 5 Diamond appearance we all achieved.
Pros
Great customer service and a leader in hospitality.
Cons
standing on your feet for long periods, but somehow it really did not seem to be as long as it was
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2016
talking with guest and workers was a fun part of the job, you really become a family at work, most of the guest came so often that you got to know them and their family as your own.
They were always trying out a new game and that was fun to learn and also teach after it was put into play,
The hardest part was telling someone they could no longer play for one reason or another.
We had a lot of party's where we would cook food and bring it in for all to enjoy on our breaks, and we did a lot of party's to raise money for school children or the poor.
Pros
the food was good, the pay was great'
Cons
brakes were always to short for we had a long walk to the break room
Very positive and fun place to work.
Housekeeping/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  3600 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109July 14, 2016
The entire property functions as a team and everyone really has a good time doing their jobs. It's never unusual to see people from different departments pass through your office just to say hello on their way to somewhere else.

Even part-time employees enjoy a great many benefits. The free clinic, wellness center, and employee dining area really set the standard in my mind for the industry. Being an employee at MGM you are treated with the same courtesy as though you are a guest.

Hotel/Casino life can be very demanding, and a lot of the time you can feel like you are living at your job. Working for MGM you almost want to live at your job. (Presidential Suite)
Pleasant place to work.
MGM United Artist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 7, 2016
As payroll assistant I verified time for many employees, both salaried and hourly; maintained time and attendance records; entered new-hires into system and made any necessary adjustments. Prepared monthly and quarterly federal and multi-state tax returns.

The hardest part of the job was meeting all the deadlines. I enjoyed learning a little about the entertainment industry.
Pros
Learned a little about the entertainment side of business
Cons
I had a new baby and the days were very long.
Stressful environment to work, Low chance to move up
Security Investigator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
From the time you clock in to the time you clock out its a stressful environment created by the management. You are expected to perform your duties at 100% but only with 50% resources available.
There are good people working in a bad position, the benefits are great but the stress counteracts those.
Pros
Good Benefits, Free Lunch, Nice People
Cons
Stressful, understaffed, bad management
Excellent place to work.
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2016
Monitoring table games. Taking numerous calls from the variuos departments and logging them. Also performing reviews to settle disputes, find errors and variances. I became better in my knowledge of Baccarat, European Roulette as well as some carnival games that were new to me.

Management was the best. They were always present to help when needed, taught different software programs to assist in player evaluations and offer advice.

Coworkers were always there to help others - team work. The environment was much more subdued and professional.

We had VCR's when I worked there - so as most of us know that is the hardest part of the job - tape change.

The friendliness and the excitement of working in a busy place.

I love working in Surveillance.
Pros
Great management and atmosphere.
Cons
At the time I left, the pay was low.
Fun and relaxed job
Lead Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 15, 2016
Has great benefits plans. Equal opportunity employer. Places for advancement and relocation opportunities. Typical day was opening and closing procedures and responsible for guest and empolyee safety. Great co-workers other than manager. Manager of this job should not be in this position. She was unfair and unethical.
Pros
free lunches
good place to grow
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 29, 2016
The beau rivage is a pretty good place to work,it has its negative people there,but as long as you ignore them its really a good paying job,housekeeping there is not what people think,it's hard work like any job but easy to learn,after your training period the money you make is kinda on you and your speed(more rooms ,more $$) if you do well you can move up pretty quick usually.there's plenty room for advancement.I love meeting guest from all over and getting to know them to make them feel more welcomed
Pros
free lunch, uniforms, pay is good
Cons
not always enough time
Caring
Status Board Operator - Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2016
- Manage activity of personal and commercial policy including file audits, file logs and handling policies
- Review E-mails promptly, reply where necessary, print attachments, follow up on actions, flag urgent messages. Update database in Hawksoft
- Proofreading and composing grammatically correct correspondence
- Internal & External communication with Underwriter, Mortgage, Company's Business Partner, Insured (Personal & Commercial)
Great company to start career.
Hotel Sales Internship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2016
MGM has been great to help me get started with my career. They have helped my while I've been in school and helped me get in touch with the sales office on property. The director of slots and various other supervisors care about their employees. Sometime the casino can get to you because of the constant customer recovery for slot players and the app MyVegas.
Banquet Server
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Mandalay bayJune 19, 2016
Mandalay Bay is notorious for being the worst, meanest place to work on the Las Vegas strip. Coworkers rat on each other, start false rumors, call themselves your family while knowingly stab you in the back on a daily basis.Everyone trying to one up each other including the Terrible management. So many captains fighting for a promo they'll cut anyone's throat to get it. Management laughs and thinks it's all a game. Union sides with management. Most negatively talked about banquet department in all LV. Yes there are a few kiss butts that love it but they are truely mean spirited people. Most everyone does there job and does it well but there are tons of superior bragers. They take credit for your work. Truely under appreciated workers.
Pros
Most banquets in Vegas are union scale and good tip
Cons
Management jumps out of hiding spots to catch you having water
MGM Resorts leads the industry
SPA Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2016
MGM Resorts leads the industry in diversity and planetary consciousness. With it's continual efforts and organizations to get everyone involved in the continual awareness of being green, limiting it's carbon footprint and a true spirit of inclusion should be an inspiration to all large corporations.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Departmental oversite
A good place to work
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2016
I worked for the MGM/Mirage corporation for over 25 years. What i have learned is thats its not where you work but who you work for. You have to believe in the product your selling and in the company otherwise what is the point? The spa at the MGM had some amazing people working there who are passionate and caring about there jobs. They are in the process of remodeling it and have made some great improvements.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
hard to get full time
A GREAT place to work!
Infrastructure Services Manager (Current Employee) –  MGM Grand DetroitMay 11, 2016
This is a fast moving business, you have to be open to change because the casino industry has to stay relevant for its guests. So there is nothing typical about a day, you come to work with a plan and in an instant you must change direction to address an issue or something the business feels is more important.
Pros
There is a free Employee Dinning Facility included, 401K, and Bonuses based on Revenue.
Great Compnay-Union has negative effects
Lead Lounge Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2016
MGM is a great company to work for and provides excellent benefits to employees. However, because the property is union is does not give management the right to manage effectively. This becomes problematic because employees seem to run all over management, and management seems afraid to reprimand employees for bad behavior due to the union stepping in and backing the employees. Overall, the way management is treated by employees becomes disheartening and does not encourage lower line employees to want to promote themselves to management in the future.
Great work environment
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 2, 2016
Exciting workplace as a typical day is never typical. Always new projects to investigate, implement and support. Management is fair and understanding when issues arise. Co-workers are always willing to help each other to ensure project are successful and on time. Most difficult part of the job can occur on a large project where many departments are involved - it can be challenging to keep everyone on point and focused on timelines and deliverables. The best part of the job has to be the people working here. Most are hard-working, pleasant and eager to provide the best service possible.
Pros
Free parking, free lunches, excellent health benefits, flexible work hours and matching 401K
Cons
Downsizing possible and very little job advancement available within department
This place is a BAD
spa (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2016
Dont work here! the management is the worst youve ever seen. very imature and mean people. gossiping and talking about dating life, dont help you act like they are busy. they have friends that they help but if you arent friend they will make you suffer.
benefits
Cons
backstabbing managers and wokers.
Productive and fun
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDSeptember 9, 2016
I was working as a contractor. It was a very friendly working atmosphere and accelerated work. We always had to meet deadlines….
I the past I always worked for general contractors so my experience with MGM being a developer, was educational.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Crowded work place

MGM Resorts International Reviews by Location