MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews in United States

Hotel Operations is the worst
Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
There is always a lot of turnover at hotels and that is definitely the case here. No one stays very long because they do not treat you fairly and watch every move you make.
Fun place to work, but didnt like Management
Lifeguard/Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2016
My job as a Lifeguard/Pool Attendant at MGM was great. I loved coming to work everyday and working to accommodate guests every need. As a Lifeguard I would be on stand and supervise the water at all times, and clean the entire pool deck to picking up towels and trash. As a pool attendant I was responsible for handing out towels to guests, setting them up in their chairs, and selling sunscreen, apparel, and snacks to the guests.
Pros
Free and Paid Lunch, Long Breaks, 40hrs a week
Cons
Benefits to full time positions only, seasonal job unless you have senority.
Fun and relaxed job
Lead Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 15, 2016
Has great benefits plans. Equal opportunity employer. Places for advancement and relocation opportunities. Typical day was opening and closing procedures and responsible for guest and empolyee safety. Great co-workers other than manager. Manager of this job should not be in this position. She was unfair and unethical.
Pros
free lunches
standing on your feet for long periods, but somehow it really did not seem to be as long as it was
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2016
talking with guest and workers was a fun part of the job, you really become a family at work, most of the guest came so often that you got to know them and their family as your own.
They were always trying out a new game and that was fun to learn and also teach after it was put into play,
The hardest part was telling someone they could no longer play for one reason or another.
We had a lot of party's where we would cook food and bring it in for all to enjoy on our breaks, and we did a lot of party's to raise money for school children or the poor.
Pros
the food was good, the pay was great'
Cons
brakes were always to short for we had a long walk to the break room
Excellent place to work.
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2016
Monitoring table games. Taking numerous calls from the variuos departments and logging them. Also performing reviews to settle disputes, find errors and variances. I became better in my knowledge of Baccarat, European Roulette as well as some carnival games that were new to me.

Management was the best. They were always present to help when needed, taught different software programs to assist in player evaluations and offer advice.

Coworkers were always there to help others - team work. The environment was much more subdued and professional.

We had VCR's when I worked there - so as most of us know that is the hardest part of the job - tape change.

The friendliness and the excitement of working in a busy place.

I love working in Surveillance.
Pros
Great management and atmosphere.
Cons
At the time I left, the pay was low.
Cocktail waitreee and bottle service
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2016
Great place to work. So many opportunities. Meet tons of celebrity's. Love my workmates. We were a true team. Everyone helps and makes sure we are safe.
Pros
Benefits of everything
Cons
Crazy drunk men
Great opportunity to be part of MGM Resorts International
Business Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2016
Awesome environment, lots of opportunities to grow up within th company, very professional and competent behavior, excellent guest service
Fun seasonal pool position
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2016
Enjoyable pool work environment with personable management. Great summer job in Las Vegas, but required much endurance to withstand 8 hour shifts in 120 degree summer days while carrying 20 pound trays of drinks and beer buckets.
Very positive and fun place to work.
Housekeeping/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  3600 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109July 14, 2016
The entire property functions as a team and everyone really has a good time doing their jobs. It's never unusual to see people from different departments pass through your office just to say hello on their way to somewhere else.

Even part-time employees enjoy a great many benefits. The free clinic, wellness center, and employee dining area really set the standard in my mind for the industry. Being an employee at MGM you are treated with the same courtesy as though you are a guest.

Hotel/Casino life can be very demanding, and a lot of the time you can feel like you are living at your job. Working for MGM you almost want to live at your job. (Presidential Suite)
Fun place to work
Electronic Device Tech (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2016
Large company, with a lot of employees. Provides good benefits and competitive pay.
I would recommend this company to work for.
Pleasant place to work.
MGM United Artist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 7, 2016
As payroll assistant I verified time for many employees, both salaried and hourly; maintained time and attendance records; entered new-hires into system and made any necessary adjustments. Prepared monthly and quarterly federal and multi-state tax returns.

The hardest part of the job was meeting all the deadlines. I enjoyed learning a little about the entertainment industry.
Pros
Learned a little about the entertainment side of business
Cons
I had a new baby and the days were very long.
BBJ Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2016
We received training, Typical day is Preflight aircraft for flights and recover aircraft and work any squawks. Work and due inspection cards. Plan and execute any inspection from light and heavy maintenance. Aircraft type are BBJ (737-700/800) and Gulfstream
G-550/450/350
Stressful environment to work, Low chance to move up
Security Investigator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
From the time you clock in to the time you clock out its a stressful environment created by the management. You are expected to perform your duties at 100% but only with 50% resources available.
There are good people working in a bad position, the benefits are great but the stress counteracts those.
Pros
Good Benefits, Free Lunch, Nice People
Cons
Stressful, understaffed, bad management
fast paced
Internship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2016
If you really love meeting new people and enjoy working the fast pace life this is a really amazing company to work there. Benefits are really great and company loves their employees.
Great experience
Technician Specialist/Systems Technician II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2016
This was a great opportunity to grow and gain knowledge in order to shape your future and career to come. Taught me valuable insight to enterprise systems and the challenges they faced.
Very positive and fun place to work.
Business Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 24, 2016
Dealing with the public, especially in the hospitality and casino industries can be taxing at best. MGM really goes the extra mile to help their employees to lead a full life inside and outside of work.

Pros
Free shift meal, free clinic, free wellness center, complimentary uniform laundering and pressing
Cons
Can be very demanding of your time. No fault policies.
Guest Relations Specialist
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2016
Coordinate and follow up with guests request re: Housekeeping, Bell desk, Room Service, Engineering and Maintenance using Hot Sos. Calculate and process charges and compensations during check out with confidential credit card transactions.
One of a Kind
Assistant Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2016
I worked in the largest hotel in America with over 5000 rooms. As a Front Desk Manager, it was my responsibility to: manage the room inventory, supervisor the front desk agents, resolve guest issues/concerns, communicate with multiple departments, pre-shift team members with pertinent information, and complete special projects as assigned by upper management.

In the summer seasons, my hotel receives an average of 2500 arrivals on Fridays and Sundays each week. We have the largest lobby in Las Vegas and I was fortunate enough to be a part of this management team to have had that experience. We also had over 130 front desk agents to support and manage and it was important that the managers worked together as a team.

The most enjoyable part of my work experience was the team that I worked with. Not only were they my co-workers but they were my second family. The more tenured agents provided me with honest feedback in regard to my leadership and my colleagues were the support that I needed to get through a tough day at work. My upper management was always there to listen and had their doors open for anyone - inviting anybody to come into their office. The culture that we built upon created a euphoric working environment for all employees.

The most difficult part of being a manager for me was learning the compensation aspect. A lot people associate Las Vegas with free compensation and it seems as if the demands have only gone up higher and we have to compensate more than what is warranted to the situation - in return for a positive feedback. From my multiple failures,
  more... I learned how to listen and analyze what the guests were really demanding for the predicament they were in. This is a skill that took me a very long time to acquire and still something I am improving upon.  less
Banquet Server
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Mandalay bayJune 19, 2016
Mandalay Bay is notorious for being the worst, meanest place to work on the Las Vegas strip. Coworkers rat on each other, start false rumors, call themselves your family while knowingly stab you in the back on a daily basis.Everyone trying to one up each other including the Terrible management. So many captains fighting for a promo they'll cut anyone's throat to get it. Management laughs and thinks it's all a game. Union sides with management. Most negatively talked about banquet department in all LV. Yes there are a few kiss butts that love it but they are truely mean spirited people. Most everyone does there job and does it well but there are tons of superior bragers. They take credit for your work. Truely under appreciated workers.
Pros
Most banquets in Vegas are union scale and good tip
Cons
Management jumps out of hiding spots to catch you having water
Lots of gossip
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, miJune 16, 2016
Most management didn't give a hoot about there job, didn't come down hard enough on employees. Lots of people that work there don't do there jobs.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Food was bad they served employees

MGM Resorts International Reviews by Location