MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

One of the best places to work
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89119December 7, 2017
Stable company and completely hands on when taking care of people, guests, environment and their employees. Management handles us very well and pay close attention to whatever needs arises on any issue pertaining to work or job related concerns. Responds quickly to resolve problems come up with best solutions that is fair. Great place and the people I work around.
Pros
nothing i can say about the company
Cons
none that i've known so far
We detail mgm limos and rolyoce and expedition
Mobile Detailer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2017
It was fun working in there because u have your own time and my co-workers are my friends we clean cars fast we have our own task to do, and i do most the body and sometimes i vaccumm and clean inside only.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
No breaks
“Great people, great place, great job!
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2017
Working at the Mgm Grand International is really an awesome experience because they didn't only encourage hospitality but also teach one how to not only make your guest feel at home but create a long lasting relationship with them. I would recommend working at Mgm Resorts International to anyone.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
I love this company but need health benefits and consistent hours (preferred full time)
PIT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaDecember 6, 2017
Great management, love the fast pace and would prefer more interaction with the clients. Mostly data entry and yet definite opportunities for advancement internally.
Pros
Fun, exciting, beautiful place to work.
Cons
No benefits, low amount of hours
Server Craftsteak (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2017
Great place to work. I would highly recommend getting a job here if given the opportunity. The building is a giant in the industry and a destination for many tourists looking to have an amazing experience!
Good Place to work
Sr. Cognos/Dashboard Developer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2017
Slow-paced environment and good place to work!

Interaction with senior management is very limited.

Lot of opportunities to prove yourself and grow up the ladder.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, Discounts
Cons
Low Salary
There is no respect here
EVS (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 4, 2017
Its almost as a trap once you work here. They over work you doubling your job duties with no help. The managers as well as supervisors show little respect to us workers, we get treated as children.
Pros
You get your 40 hours
Cons
No respect
good temporary job
Bellhop - Guest Service Attendant II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2017
great temporary job, while is school but if trying to advance might have to take a pay cut and then might get passed by for promotion so have to bounce around mgm resorts instead of staying at one property
Pros
free dry cleaning and ok food
Cons
work nights and holidays, cheap guests
Fast paced ever changing work environment
Security Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSDecember 2, 2017
MGM Resorts Intl can be a very enjoyable place to work. 100's of pleasant hard-working employee's with whom I had contact everyday. Upper management has a tendency towards self-importance and can be unwilling to listen to lower level and mid-level Supervisors and Managers. Hardest part of the job while I was employed was the ever-changing expectations of Upper management and the sometimes unrealistic views of how efficiently certain tasks could be completed.
Pros
Meals were provided, uniforms were provided, work atmosphere was usually pleasant
Cons
Ever changing requirements and expectations were often unreasonable and hard to meet
Over all good company but poor management.
Beau Rivage Casino (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 1, 2017
Tired of Casino. Want a different work environment. Beau Rivage has poor management and won’t give you your PTO time. They don’t want you take any days off.
Very professional corporate environment
Learning Partner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2017
Having never worked in a corporate office, I was pleasantly surprised by the welcoming environment. Upper management was lax and accommodating and my coworkers were all awesome! I was sad when my contract finally expired
Pros
Excellent overall working conditions
Cons
Yours eyes and fingers are susceptible to fatigue lol
Amazing place to work
Race and Sports Book Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2017
It was always excellent working a typical day. I learned about a sense of belonging and family/ Management is excellent, all the way to the top. Just an amazing workplace culture. The hardest part is not feeling like your advancing fast enough. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work.
Fast paced atmosphere.
Table Games Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 29, 2017
MGM overall is a great company to work for. Although the day to day can be stressful the job is rewarding. MGM offers excellent benefits and competitive wages.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Need better upper management who lead by example.
Working @ MGM
Casino Cocktail Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDNovember 23, 2017
A typical day at work was good because you could make tons of money. Management was OK, but they are never on your side. TIPS was great. Social life not so great.
Pros
Free lunches, almost 1 hour breaks, good money
Cons
Long hours, no social life
Great company
Pit Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 22, 2017
Professional company with long term growth and opportunities . Always looking for new projects and new opportunities worldwide. Excellent management team leading the way to success and future employment security.
Pros
Great management
all fun at first
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDNovember 22, 2017
Cleaning store folding clothes and restocking all snacks and drinks an replenish all clothes redecorate is needed. management was not how its suppose to be they do not know what the was doing and was not available and all time like they was suppose to been.
I had a great experience
Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2017
I really enjoyed working for MGM Resorts.
Friendly environment was able to meet people from all over the world. The hours are hectic but for some people the schedules might work. Great benefits.
Pros
clean uniforms and meals
Cons
Hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working there in the security department and the people were great. The only reason I left was due to not advancing within the department because they rather give supervisor positions to " whoever looks good" rather than the right man for the job.
Pros
good place to work for job security
Cons
lack of man power in security
The Mirage was my Happy Place.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2017
I consider The Mirage my Family. I have been in the casino business for 22 years. I absolutely love the Mirage. I would of stayed until retirement. Unfortunately I have had some horrible events that have happened this year. In return I lost my job do to the Attendance Policy. I hope to return. I couldn't of asked for a better company to work for.
MGM Grand
Lifegaurd (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2017
Working for the MGM was a great experience and i'm so happy i had the opportunity to work for them. Always had the opportunity to expand there and work overtime just a great company overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.