MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Very productive workplace
Pool General Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2017
The values and training that MGM Resorts give their team is invaluable. I enjoy working for MGM and would recommend this position. I have grown with MGM for five years.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long Hours
Great company, but you have to transfer in and out to move up.
Lead Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2017
Great benefits, leading company, great culture... Very great leadership training program, free on-going training courses. Can transfer to any property after 6 months.
Retail Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2017
Working at the MGM Resorts is definitely a great place to work, great benefits, and awesome way to get your foot in the door. Lots of space for movement within the company. I enjoy working here and could definitely see myself move up within the company.
It's a great start
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2017
Although the management at least in my opinion is very lacking it is a great start. If you can get your foot in the door the shy os the limit afterwords. Just don't expect anything spectacular and you'll enjoy being here.
Pros
Free lunch in the EDR and lunches are paid.
Cons
No interactions from your supervisors. Incredibly rude when you get it.
Good Place to Work
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 4, 2017
Fun and exciting, room for advancement, work stability great benefits. The hardest part of the job is the work flow sometimes, meeting and greeting the different customers offers an exciting atmosphere.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
flex schedules are hard on work life balance
Positive workplace, great managers
Buffet Server, Mirage Hotel and Casino (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2017
I am an on call Server and I enjoy all of my co-workers and other staff. I am well respected and liked by all and everyone, customers and co-workers alike respond to my upbeat and positive outlook. I greet customers, explain our buffet and beverage service, clear glassware and dishes, answer questions about the buffet and the property, and insure the customer has a great dining experience. The best part of my job is my interaction with my customers and being rewarded with tips for my great service. The toughest part of the job is trying to give the best possible service when we are understaffed or incredibly busy.
Pros
employee meal on 40 minute break
It's a Complete Joke
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2017
Overall, you just need to know how to play office politics. If you don't play the game, you are targeted. I spent years trying to ignore the obvious, thinking I could be the one to make a difference by working my way up from the bottom. But it doesn't matter how hard you work or how long you work for them. From my own personal experience and witnessing others experiencing the same, I have found that management (across multiple divisions) has been crooked. They don't promote or hire based on skill, experience, or education. It's all about who you know.

MGM claims to promote a culture of teamwork, integrity, excellence, and inclusion, but the reality could not be further from the truth. There is a constant push to corporatize functions that can be achieved at the property level. As a result, employees are less empowered and reliant on others to provide them with information, data, strategic plans, and even tangible items, which leads to frustration and dysfunction.There is a lot of talk about doing things differently but when it come see down to it, status-quo is the preferred method. Everyone is so afraid to do things differently or to even challenge a business decision that they retaliate at the first sign of non-compliance to their "social norms". If you want to work for MGM, become a "yes man" or be prepared to take the backlash for standing up for your yourself.

I learned that I spent too many years of my life working towards something I would never be able to achieve at that organization. Play the game or you will be kicked off the field. I enjoyed a paycheck and
  more... knowing I was capable to perform the job duties in my sleep. The job itself was easy. The hardest part - admitting defeat.  less
Pros
The name "MGM" looks good on a resume
Cons
Extremely top-heavy
Great Company to be a part of.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
Great work environment with great employers. Company gives a good energy to its workplace and makes all of its employees feel comfortable. Overall great company.
good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 19, 2017
It was a good experience, looks good on your resume, learned a lot, free lunch was ok but it wasn't that good, I didn't like that I had to work the weekends and the holidays sometimes midnights but the pay was good and the benefits too
Pros
free lunch, free and safe parking, good benefits
Cons
no holidays off, work weekends
Unique enviornment
IT Security / Technical Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
No comments to provide at this time for this employer other than the executive Director and HR team was very professional, answered all questions.
Cons
Manager was new to their position, very little experience in mentoring and coaching
MGM has a number of upper personal over the workers and it make things rough
Channel Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2017
You could create a report but have to go through six people to get it approved. Then depending who you take to could take a long time to complete.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
MGM is a really nice work place.
Casino Porter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2017
I had great work experiences in MGM, such as: how to delivery a awesome, unforgettable costumer services. How to do every thing you must do in a right, fast and save way.
Really good incomes and a lot of benefits from Union.
Pros
Free one shift meal, healthy offers in dinning room, must important Union position.
Cons
None at this time.
Fun place to work
Valet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2017
Highly enjoyed this position. Fast Paced and every day brought new adventures. I Learned much from being a valet attendant about the operation of the hotel and casino and it takes a big team to keep such a reputable place on the Vegas strip. My Co-workers were all great and I never had any issues. The hardest part of the position was that your always being pushed to you limit and doing things at such a fast pace you have to do things without error. The most enjoyable part of the position was meeting all the great gusts from around the world, Celebrities, athletes, Musicians, as well as driving exotic cars.
Pros
Cons
If fast pace makes you stress then this isnt for you
This place is great
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 9, 2017
Most of the people who currently work here have been at this particular casino since day one. The employees are some of the nicest people I have come across given the atmosphere that they have to deal with. All of the supervisors have been nothing less than helpful to me and the new hires that have hired in in the last couple of months. Advancement within is preferred and it is stated from day one that the current management is willing to help you get to wherever you want to be. It's a great place to be.
Pros
Great employees and management
Cons
Some customers are hard to deal with
Best company
Bus person /food runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2017
Great benefits
Free meal .One hour break
Best employer I ever had
Working there was excellent because they let you move forward
Pros
Free meals
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2017
Making sure employees were in on time
How to keep a business and personal relationship with co-workers
Exceptional
During the peek times the store would have an abundance of customers
For manual work environment
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2017
This company has the potential to be a great company to work for, but it is filled with the worst kind of office politics. The work is very manual and
Pros
Manual work
Cons
Leadership is extradorniary referring to CEO and CFO
Worst job to have
Room Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this job only because of you we're to get mess up on a call, make it late call in sock to any times, of would you get suspended for a day with no pay the next step would be suspended and under investigation in which the 3 options they give is bull and they will fired with out giving you a chance
Largest Hotel in the US
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2016
Front desk has nearly 150 agents. There are around 5000 rooms. 24 hour operation, 365 days per year. Can be especially busy during fight weekend.Not many 24 hour food options.
Diversity
Pit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2016
Mgm values diversity their employees. Grrat place for advancement and wonderful benefits. They also have childcare options for employees. Seriously a wonderful place and company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

MGM Resorts International Reviews by Location