MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Great Company to be a part of.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
Great work environment with great employers. Company gives a good energy to its workplace and makes all of its employees feel comfortable. Overall great company.
good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 19, 2017
It was a good experience, looks good on your resume, learned a lot, free lunch was ok but it wasn't that good, I didn't like that I had to work the weekends and the holidays sometimes midnights but the pay was good and the benefits too
Pros
free lunch, free and safe parking, good benefits
Cons
no holidays off, work weekends
Unique enviornment
IT Security / Technical Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
No comments to provide at this time for this employer other than the executive Director and HR team was very professional, answered all questions.
Cons
Manager was new to their position, very little experience in mentoring and coaching
MGM has a number of upper personal over the workers and it make things rough
Channel Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2017
You could create a report but have to go through six people to get it approved. Then depending who you take to could take a long time to complete.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
MGM is a really nice work place.
Casino Porter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2017
I had great work experiences in MGM, such as: how to delivery a awesome, unforgettable costumer services. How to do every thing you must do in a right, fast and save way.
Really good incomes and a lot of benefits from Union.
Pros
Free one shift meal, healthy offers in dinning room, must important Union position.
Cons
None at this time.
Fun place to work
Valet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2017
Highly enjoyed this position. Fast Paced and every day brought new adventures. I Learned much from being a valet attendant about the operation of the hotel and casino and it takes a big team to keep such a reputable place on the Vegas strip. My Co-workers were all great and I never had any issues. The hardest part of the position was that your always being pushed to you limit and doing things at such a fast pace you have to do things without error. The most enjoyable part of the position was meeting all the great gusts from around the world, Celebrities, athletes, Musicians, as well as driving exotic cars.
Pros
Cons
If fast pace makes you stress then this isnt for you
This place is great
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 9, 2017
Most of the people who currently work here have been at this particular casino since day one. The employees are some of the nicest people I have come across given the atmosphere that they have to deal with. All of the supervisors have been nothing less than helpful to me and the new hires that have hired in in the last couple of months. Advancement within is preferred and it is stated from day one that the current management is willing to help you get to wherever you want to be. It's a great place to be.
Pros
Great employees and management
Cons
Some customers are hard to deal with
Horrible place to work.
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2017
I worked at Aria for a year and a half. I was promised management position, swing shift, and Tuesday and Wednesday off. I left a great job as casino shift manager to work at Aria. I was given an entry level position and watched as everyone in the department was given a promotion EXCEPT me. I was scheduled day shift and not given the days off promised. Then in may I became ill and had to take a medical leave. When I recovered and attempted to return to work, I was told that I was suspended pending investigation. Just until HR reviewed the paper. It was ridiculous. I have never heard of such a thing. I was assured it would only be for a day or two. That was September 1st. After a week, I started calling everyday. Kept being told that " the powers that be were handling it and it would be a day or two more." In December, I went back to my old boss, told him what was happening. Thank God! He gave me my old job back!
To this day, MGM is still giving me the run around. I've never even been able to collect my belongings from my locker.
Horrible company. Work anyplace else.
Best company
Bus person /food runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2017
Great benefits
Free meal .One hour break
Best employer I ever had
Working there was excellent because they let you move forward
Pros
Free meals
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2017
Making sure employees were in on time
How to keep a business and personal relationship with co-workers
Exceptional
During the peek times the store would have an abundance of customers
For manual work environment
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2017
This company has the potential to be a great company to work for, but it is filled with the worst kind of office politics. The work is very manual and
Pros
Manual work
Cons
Leadership is extradorniary referring to CEO and CFO
Worst job to have
Room Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this job only because of you we're to get mess up on a call, make it late call in sock to any times, of would you get suspended for a day with no pay the next step would be suspended and under investigation in which the 3 options they give is bull and they will fired with out giving you a chance
Largest Hotel in the US
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2016
Front desk has nearly 150 agents. There are around 5000 rooms. 24 hour operation, 365 days per year. Can be especially busy during fight weekend.Not many 24 hour food options.
Diversity
Pit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2016
Mgm values diversity their employees. Grrat place for advancement and wonderful benefits. They also have childcare options for employees. Seriously a wonderful place and company to work for.
MGM is not a hospitality company, it is a entertainment company. MGM needs more hospitality professionals. compensate them better. Train them better.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  ExcaliburDecember 22, 2016
Very low moral. No recognition for performance. Management do not know their employees skills or background in the industry. No advancement opportunity. I applied for FB director while working for them. I have the experience. They didn't even interview me.
Pros
Union job
Cons
no recognition for performance
A day and a life at MGM Casino Resorts
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 19, 2016
A typical day at MGM can be very challenging each day brings a differant set of challenges,so you wear many differant hats.
You first deal with your work task then you prioritize your work based on need and upper managment request.
you also deal with team member issues as well as customer service issues.
Pros
MGM is very involed in the community and recycling, they also offers employees a free lunch they do have a full cafeteria, the medical benifits are ok.
Cons
24 hour operations no night premium, excutive level managment is not always in touch with actual operation
fun exciting place to work!
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2016
it was great and i was able to meet many different types of people. there was never a dull moment and i enjoyed working at such a wonderful work place. i hated moving away
Pros
everything
Cons
Corporate employee who worked across all the properties.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2016
As a corporate employee who worked across all the properties I was able to see the cultures of each property up close. Some were better than others. The poor ones (most) seemed to suffer from poor leadership. In fact, there is a definite divide between managers and front-line employees. As a manager, the mandatory manager training reinforced that culture with statements like "FMLA is the Friday, Monday Leave Act." and "Constantly watch out for employees who take advantage."

I've grown up in Vegas. My friends and family still work within the company. It deeply saddens me how the employees are treated at this company.
Slow quiet environment, lots of corporate structure
Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2016
Answered the phone and kept detailed records, created schedules, coordinated with other departments - tons of corporate structure, slow to get things done, slow to grow
Pros
free lunch, good benefits, good hourly pay
Cons
boring, lack of responsibility
On a huge dowhill spiral
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Aria CasinoNovember 24, 2016
MGM as a company, and ARIA was a great place to work for the 1st 3 yrs the casino was open. Now it is on a huge spiral downwards. Paid time off is not awarded on an annual basis. It's accumulated by hours worked. But they cut hours on employees too.

The Employee dining room used to have the absolute best food for employees on the strip. Always fresh varieties of Asian, Italian, Mexican, American food stuffs. Extremely freshly cooked, flavorful food. And you could use the EDR any time you wanted, multiple times even, during your shift. Now you cannot even get eggs. The food is old and dry, mostly bland, overcooked, horrible food. And you half to swipe through a turnstile without knowledge of what's in the lineup of food, once per day.

No longer are non union employees paid holiday pay. All major holidays are "blackout" days for days off, and calling out will earn you extra points and 1 day suspension. Yes, $9 an hour tipped employees do not get to spend holidays with family, AND you get no thank yous from the company officers pleasantly spending time with THEIR families.

OVERHIRING, and then giving you only 3 days per week of work! Less than 30% of staff is full time with benefits, even with 6 yrs of seniority you will not be full time with benefits. You're expected to get approval for any second job by your manager? Really? Why should I HAVE to have a 2nd job?

Most middle managers have no clue at all about the business.

If this company continues to treat it's employees like this it will end in bankruptcy. You cannot treat employees this bad in a business
  more... requiring this type of great customer service. The employees just won't care, when management doesn't care about them.  less
Pros
Co-workers are good people.
Cons
almost everything has become a con in this casino

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.