MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Benefits are excellent
Executive Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 17, 2017
My day starts off with plenty of emails. I talk to my manager about company updates. Regular training regarding my job and management training. I manage 7 supervisors and 135 employees. The hardest part of my job Is maintaining my communication with all employees, watching them as they work on the floor and making sure that I communicate with all Chefs and Managers maintaining the cleanest of the building. Most best part of my job is having a awesome boss. Making sure that every job gets done before the night is over.
Pros
Paid lunch 1 hour and the lunch is supplied through the company
Cons
Constant walking from the time you get in until the time that you leave.
Great Place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2017
Awesome place to work. Great environment and good people. I love the experience and all the managers are great too. I would recommend this place to everyone.
Great job with some great people.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work, but hard to advance in management roles. The interview process is slow and at times annoying to work around. The interview itself is like none other you have been involved, I can promise you.
Great place to work with opportunity for advancement
Hospitality Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2017
MGM resorts international was a very rewarding company to intern for during the summer. The HIP program is a great way to begin to see how a large company such as MGMRI works and get a glimpse at the fast paced and unique environment of Las Vegas. MGMRI provides its employees with many chances at advancement within the company and is very open to letting HIP interns get as much experience as possible in different areas during their internship.
Enjoyable job
Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2017
Stressful and strenuous work day, however it is fun and can pay off. Typical pool cocktail position. The pool management is great however there is a huge disconnect between beverage services and pool management. Causes for a confusing and stressful day.
Great Company
Cage/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 13, 2017
MGM is a GREAT company to work for. MGM promotes the growth of its team members and provides leadership classes for the employees seeking advancement. MGM offers good health benefits, great pay and vast amount of opportunity for professional growth.
Pros
Team environment, Great Leadership, good pay, good benefits & promotes advancement
Cons
24/7 Operation which requires working on holidays, weekends & nights
Mgm grand
Assistant Manager of Theatre Operations MGM Grand (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109August 13, 2017
For the past 12 and a half years I have had the most amazing career at the MGM! Great place to work and a company that makes Inclusion and Diversity a priority!
Terrible atmosphere
PC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
The atmosphere at MGM is that your job is always under threat. That you are just a number and that you are utterly replacable. Management has little to no respect for employees and HR gets rid of anyone who brings forth a valid complaint instead of dealing with issues. Management also willingly slanders former employees who call out theft rings and mistreatment of employees.
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
Vindictiveness of management
Love mgm
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2017
Love working there mgm has great food for employees great benefits the staft is good is a great place to work i would like to go back to work for them nevet had a complaint
Night life
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 6, 2017
Very upbeat fast pace work environment... Fun place to work but depending on department you work you have to watch your back with other employees had several issues of others stealing top money from tables
Part time cocktail waitress
Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 6, 2017
Its a good job if youre looking for stability as a waitress. But it really becomes your life and its hard to get time off when you want it. Theres a lot of rules when it comes to taking time off because its all senority based and when youre part time your senority does not matter youll always be at the bottom. Also you have to be with the company for many years to actually make really good money. So when youre first hired you get the really bad areas that dont make a bunch of money. But the hourly is really good for being a server, plus they have awesome health benefits.
Pros
Free meals during shift, paid vacation, health benefits
Cons
Hard to take time off
good atmosphere
Productive and proficient kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS beau rivageAugust 5, 2017
a very busy envoirment with hugh production pressdidn't mix wellure and it was expected everyday. my staff was great, my supevisors were very good thru the first 2 years after that one changed and he was, well he and I were like oil and water,
Interesting and productive
Import Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2017
Typical work day was fun and productive. Learned the different aspects of products, shipping, warehouse inventory, and marketing.

My manager was great taught me alot about retail world.

Nothing hard about the job.

Most enjoyable part of the job, is sample testing. Loved looking over the samples vendors would send to get their product in the stores. Thought it was very interesting.
Pros
free lunches
MGM is a cut throat job atmosphere
Hotel Front Desk rep./Hotel Rooms Controller (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 31, 2017
I love and appreciate my job, but what makes it bad is the management of the company. They ruin the core value of MGM and the standard. There is favoritism and it makes the vibe really hard to stay there
Pros
benefits, pay and hours are all amazing at MGM
Cons
Productive yet fun day at work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2017
A typical day at work is a productive and fun environment. Working outside at the pool as a Pool Receptionist has been an eye-opener for me. I get to interact with guest on a daily basis and welcome returning guest to the pool. Learning something new almost everyday about the system we use to make reservations is pretty nice. Management is definitely a huge help on busy days and takes our suggestions into consideration.
High reach attendant
High Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTJuly 31, 2017
Attended job fair when MGM was just opened. I was told I would be making $14+ an hour. Got my first paycheck and discovered only making $9.60 which barely covered gas to get to work. When questioned management about difference I was told there was nothing they could do. Immediate supervisor was nice but upper management had no consideration for their workers. Third shift was difficult to work.
Loved It
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2017
I loved everything about the MGM. From the staff to the customers. Great experience for me. Would love the opportunity to have a career there in the future. Worked through MGM from Millennium Staffing. Great vibe! Made me feel special and productive.
Pros
Cons
Parking
run to perfection
Certified Union Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2017
This is the perfect job as a bartender.
Great Company.
Great Management
I learned what a great outfit this is.
Most enjoyable part of my job is going to work and performing my duties.
Pros
free lunch and uniforms
Cons
need more hours
MGM was a wonderful place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at the MGM, It was a wonderful place to work and a great experience. The employee and guests were a wonderful bunch of people to work with and serve. We kept up on our Self Defensive Tactics, DPR, AED, Poison Control Classes Quarterly.
Pros
Great People, Free Lunches, Great Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks due to long walks to the break room.
MGM resorts was a nice casino to work with a lot of great opportunities
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2017
MGM resorts was a nice casino to work with a lot of great opportunities Were provided to you. The employees and work environment was always professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

MGM Resorts International Reviews by Location