MGM

MGM Employee Reviews

The company went out of business.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), High Point, NCJune 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits and the enviroment
Cons: They Closed down
This was a great company to work for that has went out of business. I enjoyed all the perks I received while employed by MGM. I would have made MGM my career for life had they not closed down.
I have nothing to say about the Beau Rivage except it was a fine place to work
Hotel/Engineer (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: experience gained with working so close with people
Cons: too much consideration paid to family and friends of company
My shift was 3-11 swings ,I learned the casino business is a fun place to work,management should listen to all employees equell,the hardest part of job was the plumbing part.the most enjoyable was the Insurance for my son
Still on the extra board
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free food and diversity
Cons: no full-time work
I've been on the extra board for seven years. I have not been able to transfer to other departments for full-time work or advance my career with the amazing programs they offer, like Aspire or tuition reimbursement, because I am not a full-time employee. MGM has awesome benefits for full-time employees.
Fun place to work at.
Slot Attendant (Former Employee), Norwich, CTAugust 26, 2014
Good work team. Good relation with managers. Learning opportunity for customer service.
it's a gas station job
Cashier (Current Employee), Jean, NVJuly 5, 2014
full of drama, however, the manager will work with you regarding your schedule. The pay is ok for a gas station job but you are also driving 30 minutes outside of Vegas. Benefits are really good too.
Compassion on the Outskirts of Town
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJune 28, 2014
There is no typical day of being a nurse! In all its very rewarding
Very fun place to work
Gaming Dual Rate Dealer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: fun fun fun
Cons: fun fun fun
Dealing Table games
I learned people just want to be Happy.
management firm but fair
Co Workers great
Hardest part...there is none
being happy at work.
ice rink
ice rink at mgm (Former Employee), Ledyard, CTJanuary 22, 2014
working at the ice rink at mgm was fun but the manager would take about people to other employees he would show up to work drunk
Fast paced and at time stressful
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2013
The call center for MGM Resorts International was a great place to work. It was fun and engaging. However, as there was a change in upper management, the work ethic and morale of the office declined exponentially.
Strong work ethics
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Stonington, CTSeptember 28, 2013
-I learned to work as a team
-I believe hardest part of this job was dealing w/the different chemicals as they caused me to get ill
-The enjoyable part of this job is seeing someone enjoy a room that was professionally up to standards plus seeing them enjoy what the MGM has to offer
Everyone feels like family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2013
Pros: large corporation with great benefits
As an Administrative Assistant my job duties changed from day to day. I love the various changes in the daily routine. I learned so much about the government filings that the casino does and about the taxes they pay. I learned so much about computer programs, about being a credit card administrator for all of the departments at the casino. My co-workers were all wonderful people that also worked and gave 100 % everyday. The hardest part of the job, I can't think of anything right now. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help everyone communicate with each other and Ii loved helping the guests on the telephone when they called in with a problem. i wanted them to smile on the phone by the time they hung up.
Fun Place - in it's day
Merchandising Service Representative (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 7, 2013
Worked in the Home Entertainment division managing multiple US and Canadian accounts. Learned account management and scan based model. Launched new business and new merchandising partners.
LIGHTING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2013
I like it there mostly, all jobs have their ups and downs. We start by unloading the trucks, then we build the truss, put the lights on, hang the sound, set the stage, and have a show! Then we tear it all out and do it again the next day. Can be heavy work, dirty too. I like seeing the patrons having fun.
Friendly place to work.
LEAD INVENTORY STOCK ASSOCIATE. (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 24, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 1 hour break with pay.
ITS A VERY NICE EXPERIENCED WERE YOU WORKED HAND IN HAND WITH FELLOW EMPLOYEES IN ORDER TO SATISFY
LOCAL AND OTHER STATES CUSTOMERS WHO CAME TO
SPEND TIME IN OUR CASINO'S.
Awesome place to work
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee), Tunica, MSAugust 31, 2012
Pros: great staff, uplifting, daily meetings, employee recognition, bonuses
Cons: casino life can be a tad stressful.
The sky was the limit in terms of anything I wanted to do culinarily. I met and worked with people from all over the world, very diverse. Ideas were valued, I felt that I mattered and I had a voice.
Media Coordinator (Current Employee), LOS ANGELES, CAJuly 20, 2012
A typical day at MGM is full of deadlines, accuracy and multi tasking. My co-workers are wonderful to work with.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
POKER DEALER (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2012
Pros: it is a pleasure to work for such a outstanding company and the leader in entertainment
Cons: nothing is bad about the mgm in my opinion
I REALLY ENJOY WORKING AT THE MGM GRAND IN LAS VEGAS AS A POKER DEALER WITH THE ECONOMY LIKE IT IS I AM ONLY WORKING PART TIME AND AT THIS TIME AM ONLY WORKING ONE DAY A WEEK AND I JUST NEED TO FINE OTHER EMPOLYMENT TO BE ABLE TO PAY MY BILLS.

ALL OF MY CO-WORKERS ARE GREAT I ENJOY MEETING PEOPLE FROM AROUND THE WORLD.

MANAGEMENT IS GREAT THE MGM HAS HIRED OUTSTANDING PEOPLE TO OVER SEE THE POKER ROOM.
They teach you anything you want to learn and help you to understand what you are learning and its done with a smile and love.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 29, 2012
We are structure and organized in our tasks. We plan our days in advance when we know the next project. We give good customer service. We go beyond our call of duty and never say no to our customers. If there is a problem we resolve the situation with tactfullness. We want to leave our customers with a smile and satisfied with our services.
Drop and count casino funds in a accurate and efficient manner according to gaming time requirements.responsible for filling employee ATM machines .
Clerk count team (Former Employee), Las vegasDecember 8, 2011
Learn more how to handle cash and more confidence to the customer