MHA Employee Reviews

Working as an MHA (formerly known as an orderly) while staffed at San Diego Psychiatric Hospital
mental health assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2016
As an MHA staffed at San Diego Psychiatric Hospital with thanks to UNI Healthcare Staffing (formerly Redwood) who gave me a chance in hiring me, I worked graveyard shift often doing intake of new patients. The MHA first and foremost kept the environment safe for both patients and staff. Although I was only able to use a fraction of what I was taught as the equivalent occupation in the Army, it still allowed me to learn the civilian sector. Management was complex; although I was staffed there, I was staffed there exclusively 6 day/wk and would always volunteer to stay for a double. I miss my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was maintaining safety with extremely volatile patients (usually under the influence of hard drugs such as meth and PCP), all while making sure other patients didn't add to it. The staff depended on each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people who otherwise seemed hopeless come around all the way and be able to leave with the tools and ability to sustain on their own. That was great.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
risk of severe injury (i.e patients attempts to harm us)
Sr. Recruiting Consultant
Sr. Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Solely responsible for recruitment of Radiologists and Anesthesiologists for temporary/permanent placement within hospitals and imaging centers throughout TX, LA, KS, OK and AR  Consistently provided clients with quality medical professionals through cold calling and obtaining references from current medical providers in order to meet and exceed client’s staffing needs  Conducted initial screening/ interviews with all medical providers  Exceeded daily goal of 100+ cold calls to hospitals and imaging centers to identify new physicians for contract job opportunities; specialized in Anesthesia and Radiology  Managed a pipeline of 200+ Locum Tenens Physicians nationwide and logistics coordination, credentialing, and licensing for providers prior to their start date  Chosen to represent Staff Care at national conventions to increase industry exposure, generate new business opportunities, and recruit new providers
It would be great to be employed with your comp.
Developmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield MAAugust 17, 2015
As a DSW2 job duties consist of daily care of five individuals.Also monitoring five staff assisting each of them daily. Work schedule were daily ADL'S.Med admin as well as PRNS. Also many assigned Med appts. Documenting all information received from a physician. I also had a great repore with all individuals and the staff I had the pleasure to work with.I am also CPR First Aid and Med Certified.
Pros
I like free lunch only if available
Cons
Healthcare is important
excellent
Esteticista (Former Employee) –  tampa flAugust 11, 2015
excellent, good study environment, very professional teachers, fellow students, study conditions were very prosperous. In general everything very well.
No life
Mail Handler Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Working 6 days a week 12 hours for the whole year. Your report time changes every month. They don't wanna work with your school schedule.
Great workplace
Internship (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 20, 2015
I love working here I wish I could stay here longer but it is only an internship .Everybody here is great and amazing people.
Pros
Great people, great breaks, everything
Cons
No cons
Residential counselor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 19, 2015
I've worked per diem there for sometime and they have a lot of hours for me which worked well with my busy schedule. MHA is serious about MAP polices and how staff treat the clients maybe at times it can be over done but it can be understood why because some employees don't have good boundaries overall my experience with them has been well do your job follow the policies and procures and you will be fine
Pros
flexible
Cons
strict with empolyees
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 28, 2015
Love the clients and helping them with there everyday needs.
Great Place to work at
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, maSeptember 11, 2014
Team oriented , fun. Help clients with living daily skills, Management is great, I love my job, helping people.
Difficult environment in an Inpatient facility
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 26, 2014
See resume description for typical work day. Learned how to work with patients with a range of psychiatric disorders, be a group leader, help restrain patients who were a danger to themselves or others, rewarding to see progress made from admission to discharge.
Productive fun supportive environment
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 7, 2014
I start off by observing the workplace and seeing what work needs to get done. The processing of mail is one of the major jobs that we do. In addition, I answer phone calls, update the flyers that we display. In addition, I help to train new coworkers in processing the mail or answering phone calls.
I have learned to do my job well, help other coworkers and assist the clients that come into the office.
The co workers that I have change, since the job is temporary and people move on to permanent employment.
Answering phones can some times be difficult in understanding the person on the line.
Helping others my co workers, clients and even my supervisor.
Pros
i work a part time job right now and it is helpful in getting back into the workforce.
Cons
the job is temporary and i am looking forward to permanent employment.
A place to meet new business partners
Administrative/ Clerical (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 29, 2014
Office building where I was able to get acquainted with different business collaborative, I work the desk as a receptionist, answered switch board phone, transferred calls.
Horrible
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 13, 2013
Their priorities were completely mixed up. They cared more about copying journals on colored paper instead of actually preparing the journals. They also preferred for you to work 12hrs days manually typing entries into a system in which you could simply copy paste your entry over from the excel spreadsheets.
Cons
ridiculous overtime that could be avoided
Worked closley with transitional age youth.
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 6, 2013
Assisted these clients with various aspects of daily living such as housing , work assistance, medication support.
Learned about assisting a difficult population, who have many daily needs to to their youth,.
had a workable relation with management, and co- workers.
This was a difficult population to work with to to their inexperience with daily activities
I enjoyed the transitional age youth clients, and developed many positive relations which provide successful in aiding these clients.
Pros
learned and deveoped understanding of this population.
Cons
these clients are intense and utilize vast amounts of energy
Fun Workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 2, 2013
got along with my co-workes it was greet team work, we clean together help each other out when needed help also help our customers out
To obtain a position within your company that showcases my skills while aiding in its’ growth
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport CTOctober 27, 2012
Motivated, personable and business professional. Talent for quickly mastering technology
Pros
work hard
Cons
work hard
Great place to work where you can help people.
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, New JerseySeptember 13, 2012
Hospital sold to private owner,
New management in place
Every department had lay-offs
Every department short-staffed making patients suffer.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short staffed due to lay-offs
The best place on earth!
Office Clerk/Admin (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 14, 2012
I currently work at Mental Health America, Long Beach, CA. I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to work both at corporate office and my home office, "The Village". This company has taught me the importance of team spirit and valor. Most important, they managers and supervisor are the most encouraging individuals one would ever have the privilege to work under. Such humble people carrying the CFO, CEO, and Director titles sincerely show interests in the everyday flow of the company even from the Admin view at heart. When at doubt in the entire 8 month I've worked here, I never once felt hesitant to reach out and ask for help from any of my team player. What a blessing.
Pros
positive energy and productivity.
Cons
sorry to see my contract end.
personally challenging,rewarding.
Driver and Life coach (Former Employee) –  Longbeach California @ "The Village"May 5, 2012
I learned how to place the longer term,company aim and goals ahead of my own personal beliefs/knowlage. To do what benifited the client and company, in the Doctors estimation,even when those orders would directly conflict with my own belief system and values.
My co-workers and supervisors would take the time to explain the "Why" somtimes when Dr.s didn't, until I built up enough faith in the system of care to just go with it.-Which is probably the reason I was able to work there, in that position, as long as I did.I loved seeing clients reintergrate into the community sucessfully and happily.
productive,safe,with a wealth of wisdom in one place to help overcome any crisis.
Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2012
team members are supportive, pros at what we do. rewards are dailey knowing we made a difference in a persons life.our job consist of awareness,compassion,empathy and truth when dealing with people on multiple levels. i am proud to be apart of a strong team setting.
Pros
continuous learning and growth
Cons
stressfulness caused by constant staff shortages.