MHA

MHA United States Employee Reviews

Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 28, 2015
Love the clients and helping them with there everyday needs.
Great Place to work at
Residential Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, maSeptember 11, 2014
Team oriented , fun. Help clients with living daily skills, Management is great, I love my job, helping people.
Difficult environment in an Inpatient facility
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 26, 2014
See resume description for typical work day. Learned how to work with patients with a range of psychiatric disorders, be a group leader, help restrain patients who were a danger to themselves or others, rewarding to see progress made from admission to discharge.
Productive fun supportive environment
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 7, 2014
Pros: i work a part time job right now and it is helpful in getting back into the workforce.
Cons: the job is temporary and i am looking forward to permanent employment.
I start off by observing the workplace and seeing what work needs to get done. The processing of mail is one of the major jobs that we do. In addition, I answer phone calls, update the flyers that we display. In addition, I help to train new coworkers in processing the mail or answering phone calls.
I have learned to do my job well, help other coworkers and assist the clients that come into the office.
The co workers that I have change, since the job is temporary and people move on to permanent employment.
Answering phones can some times be difficult in understanding the person on the line.
Helping others my co workers, clients and even my supervisor.
A place to meet new business partners
Administrative/ Clerical (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 29, 2014
Office building where I was able to get acquainted with different business collaborative, I work the desk as a receptionist, answered switch board phone, transferred calls.
Horrible
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 13, 2013
Cons: ridiculous overtime that could be avoided
Their priorities were completely mixed up. They cared more about copying journals on colored paper instead of actually preparing the journals. They also preferred for you to work 12hrs days manually typing entries into a system in which you could simply copy paste your entry over from the excel spreadsheets.
Worked closley with transitional age youth.
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 6, 2013
Pros: learned and deveoped understanding of this population.
Cons: these clients are intense and utilize vast amounts of energy
Assisted these clients with various aspects of daily living such as housing , work assistance, medication support.
Learned about assisting a difficult population, who have many daily needs to to their youth,.
had a workable relation with management, and co- workers.
This was a difficult population to work with to to their inexperience with daily activities
I enjoyed the transitional age youth clients, and developed many positive relations which provide successful in aiding these clients.
Fun Workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJanuary 2, 2013
got along with my co-workes it was greet team work, we clean together help each other out when needed help also help our customers out
To obtain a position within your company that showcases my skills while aiding in its’ growth
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Bridgeport CTOctober 27, 2012
Pros: work hard
Cons: work hard
Motivated, personable and business professional. Talent for quickly mastering technology
Great place to work where you can help people.
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee), Secaucus, New JerseySeptember 13, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short staffed due to lay-offs
Hospital sold to private owner,
New management in place
Every department had lay-offs
Every department short-staffed making patients suffer.
The best place on earth!
Office Clerk/Admin (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: positive energy and productivity.
Cons: sorry to see my contract end.
I currently work at Mental Health America, Long Beach, CA. I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to work both at corporate office and my home office, "The Village". This company has taught me the importance of team spirit and valor. Most important, they managers and supervisor are the most encouraging individuals one would ever have the privilege to work under. Such humble people carrying the CFO, CEO, and Director titles sincerely show interests in the everyday flow of the company even from the Admin view at heart. When at doubt in the entire 8 month I've worked here, I never once felt hesitant to reach out and ask for help from any of my team player. What a blessing.
personally challenging,rewarding.
Driver and Life coach (Former Employee), Longbeach California @ "The Village"May 5, 2012
I learned how to place the longer term,company aim and goals ahead of my own personal beliefs/knowlage. To do what benifited the client and company, in the Doctors estimation,even when those orders would directly conflict with my own belief system and values.
My co-workers and supervisors would take the time to explain the "Why" somtimes when Dr.s didn't, until I built up enough faith in the system of care to just go with it.-Which is probably the reason I was able to work there, in that position, as long as I did.I loved seeing clients reintergrate into the community sucessfully and happily.
productive,safe,with a wealth of wisdom in one place to help overcome any crisis.
Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2012
Pros: continuous learning and growth
Cons: stressfulness caused by constant staff shortages.
team members are supportive, pros at what we do. rewards are dailey knowing we made a difference in a persons life.our job consist of awareness,compassion,empathy and truth when dealing with people on multiple levels. i am proud to be apart of a strong team setting.