MHC KENWORTH

MHC KENWORTH Employee Reviews

MHC Kenworth
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Mechanical experience, good co-workers/management
Cons: Work environment, long commute
Repair or assist with repairs, clean up around the shop. Learned techniques of working on the trucks. Management team was very relaxed and easy going and cared for workers. Co-workers were always looking to help eachother and very friendly. The work environment was tough for me along with the long commute. I enjoy mechanics and working with engines
Company with a plan
Shop Foreman, Lead technician, Parts Specialist (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJune 5, 2015
MHC is a strong and reliable company with an overall plan to grow and be a standout in the truck dealership business format
run far far away from here
not sure what you call it (Former Employee), not worth connecting this city to the companyMay 29, 2015
Pros: not a pro one that I know of
Cons: green pea mngmt with zero marketing skills
Shady place to work as far as sales. Management will throw you under the bus in an instant with your customers. You can't just clear a code and call it fixed. Stupidest decision I ever made was to work there. Horrible business structure and MHC is struggling the most of all the truck dealers because of dishonest practice and routine. No wonder there's no walkin customers and very few positive sales calls
good working enviornment
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: no weekend work
Cons: no room for advancement
start with cycle counts, organize deliveries, check in freight, put up stock, make deliveries, process in coming and out going freight
Good Company
Shop Foreman (Current Employee), Memphis TNFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: lots of work year round
Cons: lack of traning
Its a good place to work. Training could be a little better. Plenty of work year round. Clean shop and specialty tool are provided by company
A Joke of a Truck Leasing Company
Lease Sales (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: easy place to get a job when you need one.
Cons: you won't earn much, enjoy the company, or be there long, .
Worst truck leasing company in the history of the industry. Untalented upper management. Constant turnover. Little to nothing to support their lease programs. Bad customer service. Frequently unethical conduct with customers and employees alike. They really don't know what they are doing. A perfectly dreadful place to work, and worse if you're a customer. RUN!!!
Great place to work!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2014
Pros: salary vs schedule
Cons: inventory night
I learned about trucks (which I never thought I could) and its culture. Met a lot of cool people. The management is very employee oriented. The hardest thing was to drive for the longest periods of time but I got to enjoy the most beautiful places.
only work 3 1/2 days a week
Parts Adviser (Current Employee), memphis,tnSeptember 2, 2014
fast paste, new management under going review , finding parts when they are not available in the U.S. when things go right and everyone is working together
great company to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee), Blountville, TNAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great advancement
performed daily operation of service dept.
learned management
great coworkers
no hard parts of job. enjoyable
just a great place to work
service
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), gaJuly 8, 2014
good people, hard work, quality repairs.
oversee day to day operations in the shop
Nice company with poor middle management
Parts Representative (Current Employee), Columbia, MOApril 14, 2014
Pros: great second and third shift staffing
Cons: lack of ability to use earned time off
Personal experience in Columbia was with poor management. Very lacking in people skills and general leadership. Cocky parts personnel with poor attitudes brought on by management.
everyday learned something new
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMarch 9, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: possibly have to work 2nd or 3rd shift
learned a lot working here,pay is good,raised accrue pretty often
Good place to work.
Fleet Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COFebruary 16, 2014
Load and unload trucks,ship and recieve all parts,stock shelves and organize warehouse,core inspection of all cores coming in from customers,a lot of forklift work,management was exellent,
stressfull environment with little to no oppertunity for advancment
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: paid time off
Cons: everything else
The company management promises training but never follows through. Department managers can't seem to coordiate between eachother to be productive. Very poor customer service. If possible I would have givin 0 stars in all catagories
far away from home
Certified Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COFebruary 5, 2014
having graduated top of my class in college my internship was offered with this company Paid. at the end of the internship they wanted to keep me as an employee, but i reluctantly said no. and moved back to the Denver area.
Common job, but decent company to work for
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: variety of work, safety bonuses
Cons: lack of some specialty tools, quality and bare maintenance of computers
Day-to-day activity is varied. I never know what kind of work I'll be doing until I get there. That's what I enjoy about my job the most. Very little routine to get bored with.

I think the hardest part of the job (and least desirable) is wasting time on a specific job, because I'm waiting on certain parts to arrive/authorization from customers.

My co-workers and bosses may work in separate departments, but we do lean on each other when in need of different skills, knowledge, and/or opinions.

Given several opportunities to attend classes in order to advance my knowledge on different types of trucks and engines.
from can to cant this is my day
Parts Driver (Current Employee), Jackson, TNOctober 14, 2013
Pros: i work by myself
Cons: work to its all done
I pull parts for the first two hours of the day and I drive to all the parts make it where there going.
Fun work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: co workers, hours, training, meeting new people
Cons: cost of insurance, restrictive break areas
I enjoyed my days working for Kenworth. I liked the fact that I was the first person that people would meet coming in the door or calling on the phone. It was easy to be myself as the receptionist position is based on personality and skill.
My co workers made my day go by fast and they were more than willing to assist in training me so I could take on new responsibilities.
A great company to work for
Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXJuly 30, 2013
Pros: opportunity to grow
Cons: dont have any
fast pace never know what your gonna get from the day, constantly learning new things daily. Awesome management team they want you to grow and advance.
Awesome company to work for
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXJuly 15, 2013
Never get bored and advancement is very likely if you show some drive and determination.

About MHC KENWORTH

Murphy-Hoffman Company (MHC) helps those who are in for the long haul. The company runs about 40 heavy-duty truck dealerships – Read more