MHM Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not a good place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Shirley, MADecember 8, 2017
The management was awful, MHM as a company lied to me on several occasions. My direct supervisor was awesome but the company them selves was not a good experience. They would make promises and then go back on their word. Its not the people at my direct site but MHM management is horrible, I do not recommend them for anyone to work for.
Stable work environment, Balanced work/life, Politically Biased Organization
Lead Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2017
Stable organization within healthcare, balanced work/life balance, organization is politically driven, no room for career growth and advancement, unmotivated co-workers, non competitive salary and benefits.
Pros
Stable work environment, balanced work/life
Cons
Low salary and benefits, No room for career growth and advancement, Unmotivated co-workers
Great supportive Management
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 27, 2017
I have worked for MHM for almost 3 years and this is the best company I have vever worked for.
The Management is very helpful and supportive in helping you succeed.
Pros
Supportive Management
no job security
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  floridaNovember 24, 2017
Loved the work, and I received lots of compliments from both security and the other healthcare workers. However, I was unceremoniously fired, without explanation, after only a few weeks on the job. I noticed that the same thing had been happening to quite a few of my colleagues, as well - either being fired or pushed out. I cannot recommend a company that won't let you correct your mistakes. I notice that that company still has not filled my position....
Pros
helping inmates and staff
Cons
no job security
Not employee friendly
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDNovember 23, 2017
This company does not care about the employees, it is all about money. They pay nurses the worse in the business. The culture is that, managers do not want to be challenged, if you do, there is possible retaliation, including finding ways to terminate you. Not my case, but has happened to people i know.
Pros
Some flexibility
Cons
No appreciation, salary is mediocre at best.
Terrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  ZciNovember 16, 2017
I loved being a correctional nurse however I did not appreciate the way management would do whatever THEY wanted to do how THEY wanted to do it then cut throat staff. Security are pervs, they try to "tally up" the number of nurses they"get with". The place lets certain inmates who "have pull" run the place who can manipulate the system easily but be careful because they will side with the inmates who have them "on their payroll" upper management are racists. You cannot respect the inmates you are encouraged and obligated to treat them poorly even though we are nurses. They are a rotten to the core company to work for. If you express ANY concerns right or wrong no matter how reasonable you're being they will finds way to put you right onthe chopping block. They are short staffed 24/7 making it stressful and dangerous!! They pitch a good game but end up being ridiculously terrible to work for. The inmates have more respect for nurses then medical management and security do!!
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Everything....all lies and false tales
Helpful to Prisoners
Psychiatric LPN for Telemed Services (Former Employee) –  Forest County, PANovember 16, 2017
A typical day at work was to drive there for 2 hours, prepare for prisoners to see their psychiatrist, prepare records, chairs, etc. and sit through the clients as they spoke to the psychiatrist for a half hour and then do reports.

At the end of the day, fax information off to MHM and prepare to leave. Drive home for the two hours from Forest County.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sadness in prisoners
New Mexico Regional Office - Friendly!
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMNovember 14, 2017
Really great management and co-workers. Friendly place. Co-workers really care about their jobs and the work they do. Great benefits, medical plan is $150 per month, lots of preventative meds paid for completely. Steady amount of work, not too stressful, not too slow. Correctional health care is very interesting. We support the correctional health care providors in the entire state of NM,10 facilities. Good pay, too. Started in August, no complaints so far!
Pros
Great Co-workers, great benefits, steady amount of work
Cons
Nothing, so far!
Horrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Bledsoe County, TNNovember 12, 2017
Horrible leadership lies very unprofessional cause me. Lot iof prob bad click with ma agement they pick who they want to not harass lie to your face a bunch of non professional cold hearted management
Pros
Cut throat
Cons
Clicks
Short but sweet. If not in the clicks of management you will eventually be harrassed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CLINICNovember 8, 2017
Terrible management! All they care about is themselves. They down grade and belittle their employees. They hire only friends and fire the good nurses.
Pros
TDOC employees are wonderful to work with just not MHM
Cons
Terrible management
I felt safer there than some of the other places I have worked.
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Graterford, PAOctober 31, 2017
It wasn't the best of working conditions, but it wasn't the worst either. To get to the mental health unit, a person had to go through six or seven steel doors. Most days were normal, slow paced, but it waa a prison and crises do happen.
workplace culture
EMT (Former Employee) –  Raiford, FLOctober 25, 2017
The job was very challenging. Dealing with inmates in the a state prison wasn't so bad. My problem seemed to be with co workers in the medical dept.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
could never get relief for breaks or lunch
Good Company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAOctober 13, 2017
MHM is a good company to work for with many benefits. The people who work that are very professional. The vacation days given are great. The mangers are good.
Pros
Vacation days
Cons
Not enough pay increases
Review
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLSeptember 24, 2017
I have provided over 30 years of mental health services in Fl. I have I primarily have worked in correctons over the past ten years. As I stand back and look at my career I have served mostly men, men with mental problems and men who are incarcerated.
Pros
I became good at dealing with the population mentioned above
Cons
It feels like I have "capped out" in terms of salary
A Good place to work
Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
Overall a good place to work It is fast paced and spread over a large territory Good people to work with I have grown with the company Varied work and interesting
You'll never know if you never try
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  WNMCFSeptember 11, 2017
This is a fast paced and very clinical career. It can be stressful, just as any other place of employment. Communication and teamwork are key. Great, competitive benefits and pay. If you're not willing to be proactive, advocate, and communicate then this is not the agency/population you should connect with. You learn something new every day and there is never a dull moment. With a great team beside you the sky is the limit. Consider thinking about it like this: if we don't do what we can to assist those who will be returning to society with us on the outside, who will? If we expect to see change, why not assist in the process? Our children see the service we do for others and like sponges they soak up what they see, hear, and learn. Think about the future. Give MHM a chance, it's not a decision that is mandatory or needing to be held onto once you take a step....but at least you can say you tried!
Springboard Job
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Walpole, MASeptember 5, 2017
Your going to do a lot of work for not a lot of compensation. Its a great starter job but after you get licensed get out. Culture is very young as the company does not reward years of service once hired on.
Pros
Good entry level compensation
Cons
Little to no compensation for years of service
Poor Management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 3, 2017
There is a high turn over and unrealistic case load expectations. The management at the prison was inexperienced, immature, and in over her head. They do not give raises and don't care how many and go.
Benefits
Cons
Safety risk with inmates, unrealistic expectations, poor managemnent
Correctional facility
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Bellefonte, PAAugust 27, 2017
Good experiences with correctional facility and some forensic psychiatry. Great opportunity to learn difficult and challenging conditions. The draw back is the inability to have your personal stuffs like cell phone, tablets or food. You sometime feel like am inmate.
Do Not Work Here
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Elmore, ALAugust 10, 2017
I worked here straight out of graduate school. They do not give raises. The management staff in the central office micro manages though some of them have never worked in the prison setting. I had a high caseload of almost 200 which they expected me to see every month. They did not want me to get a raise once I was licensed. The management made the job unpleasant.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
30 minute lunch, management, high caseloads, unrealistic expectations