MHM Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Not what they make themselves out to be...
Mental Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2016
I previously worked for this company years ago, and while they had their issues then (low pay, high demand of work for the environment, lack of support) I was hopeful that things had improved since almost 8 years had passed....unfortunately this was NOT the case. I did not reach out to them, but they reached out to me for employment. What I found was disorganization, low employee morale, high staff turnover and I was bombarded as a new manager by numerous people saying they were quitting/planning to quit and did not feel they were supported by management. As I was attempting to encourage and motivate the staff, I fell ill, requested time off of work and was out for my requested day. I then received notice that I was placed on 'suspension' then they ultimately terminated me....no justifiable reason given....this is how they treat their employees...stay away!!!!
Pros
Cons
High employee turnover, no support from management
Hired
Medication Nurse (Current Employee) –  Starke, FLNovember 11, 2016
Hired and then forgotten. They left me out to dry. No support...just do the job. When I did have a problem, MHM could care nothing about me, just the people they were hired for...They love the contract and not the nurses. Just show up and get treated like you are nothing. And then try to explain why things are messed up and they asked...Are you quitting? They allow things like pulling up medications for days in advance OK. And expect you as a nurse to go give those prepared meds to 400 inmates.....how are you supposed to know what is in that cup. Don't complain cause they won't listen
Crooks and liars
Licensed professional counselor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2016
Mhm services is a crooked company, that expect you to work in filthy environment with broken computers and equipment in an already bad environment. You work in an office the size of a broom closet with other staff in there. The pay is well below the average pay for licensed counselors, at just a little over $24 an hr for day shift positions. Raises are almost non existent. Mhm services can't keep staff because of the pay and conditions they expect you to work in. The management doesn't do anything to advocate because all they care about is getting the millions in contracts and then not fulfilling obligations of the contract. Management and regional/corporate administration are the real deceivers. They place unrealistic demands from the top down with goal of pocketing money that could be used to pay staff fair wage, keep positions filled, and provide necessary equipment and space for employees to do their job.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Pay is poor, mgmt is greedy liars that don't provide proper equipment and space for their employees
Great place to learn and grow
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJuly 2, 2016
Great place to learn, lots of supervision and support. Consistency and routine would describe a typical day.
Horrible company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 5, 2016
This company is terrible to work for! Always claiming to have no money which is due to having to pay bonuses to staff just to cover the many open shifts throughout the state. I've never seen such a shortage of nurses in the prison system. They sure didn't know what they were getting themselves into in Massachusetts. Upper management are all lying snakes that will do anything to move up in the company. Horrible place to work!!
Pros
Cons
Read review
No training, no teamwork, 60-80 hour workweek, dysfunctional organization.
Professional (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 16, 2016
This organization is dishonest, my job description misrepresented what I actually did while I worked there. Upper management is unethical, immature, and have no experience.

Run from this company if you value your professional reputation and license!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Understaffed, 60-80 hour work weeks, out of town mandatory work assignments 1-2 times a month.
good
LPN (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2016
great team management , positive atmosphere,
includes a lot of team players, informative and educational
inservices and staff meetings that are informative that lets staff know their errors and ways to improve and correct
Pros
great work place
Cons
n/a
A good atmosphere.
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 11, 2015
Very friendly atmosphere to work in. A lot of experience to be learned from clients. Many different backgrounds to learn about culturally. Work along side of management closely.
Mental Health in the Alabama Prison System
Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 5, 2015
Inmates with mental health disorders, upon incarceration, are evaluated, diagnosed and treated appropriately. Each prison site within the State has an outpatient team to meet the needs of these patients. There are two Residential Treatment Units for men in the State and I work at one of them. Learning how to negotiate between the needs for security and the mental health needs of these patients has been a challenge but a rewarding one.
Fast-Paced and Challenging
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAOctober 23, 2015
This is a job that requires excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong personal boundaries and flexibility. The employee must be able to work independently as well as in a group.
Pros
Challenging, exciting
Cons
Risky
Money hungry upper management. Director had his nose up mangment's butt so far ....
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Graterford, PASeptember 15, 2015
I worked as a LPN for this company for 10 years in a max security prison Mental Health Unit then in May 2013 they exercised their "at will" employment and terminated me. Of course they gave no reason. I never had never been written up. Excellent rapport with all co-workers, CO's, and physicians. Three months before my termination one of my co-workers did threaten me with bodily harm because I told him all of us nurses had to learn the new electronic EMar. I reported it as work place violence. Nothing came about it. The employee was never repremanded. But we were both terminated. Also I was the oldest LPN there in work years then found out I was being paid the least amount money then the newer employees and less money then the male nurses. After months of complaining and threats to take it before the EEOC, they finally raised my wages to 3 CENTS over the highest paid LPN there. Yippeee!!! No room for advancement. This is a "for profit" company and that is all they concerned about. Mental Health treatment was poor for the many mentally ill inmates.
Pros
I love Correctional Mental Health
Cons
Poorly managed company, They only care if they have body's to work.
Love a fun work environment
Medical Records Clerk, NWCX (Current Employee) –  TiptonvilleAugust 5, 2015
It is a great place to work for. I hate I have to leave but I want to be a nurse and they cant work around my school time. The co workers are amazing and easy to get along with.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
30 min lunch
Interesting and challenging Place to work
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Jack Rutledge State PrisonApril 21, 2015
MHM has excellent job opportunities. Management at MHM scribe to keep its employees happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have helped someone at the end of the day. The hardest part of the job not being able to help everyone you come in contact with.
team work
therapist/ clinician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 1, 2015
There was no typical day due to the setting. One must be task and team oriented to survive here. One must be able to communicate and coordinate care with the other entities in the facility. This is a setting to learn mental health illness, treatment modalities and how to implement them with restrictions. Having a team that promoted employee morale made this department a strong team.
Pros
salary, health care
Cons
being a contractor for facilities
Overall Great Opportunity; Management on site can break your spirit
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Muncy paDecember 18, 2014
I loved my job as DON; i enjoyed working with psychiatrist, nurses and Mental Health workers. However the manager for MHM on site in the Director position was unbearable. Director took credit for my work and ideas when she was not available and hard to find on site. Interpersonal skills were lacking and staff were talked down to. Director failed to reprimand staff when needed and played favorites to others. Notorious for misrepresenting situations to regional office.
Pros
Work with caring staff
Cons
Director unbearable to work with
Do not work for MHM
Worker (Former Employee) –  PADecember 18, 2014
i worked there for awhile. They have no idea what they are doing!!! They put too much work on their employees, and then reprimand us when we can't get it done. The pay is poor for what we have to deal with!! Worse job ever!
Pros
Free prison lunch
Cons
pay, management, benefits
Good salary; regional management staff are professional and take care of their field staff in GA
Director (Current Employee) –  Hays State Prison, Trion, GANovember 3, 2014
Work environment is in a prison and is somewhat stressful; my staff is ethical and does a professional job; team work is good with my staff.
Pros
Good salary; managementl staff at the regional office avail themselves and listen to issues.
Cons
Not enough holidays.
General Day
Bachelors Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2014
A general day for me consist of gauging my surroundings. I have been able to avoid the big blow ups and horrible days by gauging my peers, clients and adjusting the person they need at that moment, to help them succeed. After I determine the mileu I then began to implement my plans. I follow the implementation of my plans with positive gestures and attentive mindset. I like to let both my peers and clients know they are priority. What I learned by doing that is people tend to respect you more and show confidence in your abilities. The hardest part of my job would be those times when a client has a problem that even i cant' solve (Committed a Crime). The most enjoyable part of my job is just listening and learning what people from all walks of life do and don't have in common. I am a learner of people and their behaviors. it really interest me. I believe that is why I have had success over the last 15 years.
Pros
Great learning experiences
Cons
poor budgets
A den of Snakes
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2014
The managers are a bunch of conniving liars, who get their jobs by back-stabbing and stepping over whomever had the job before them. They hire and fire at whim, and do nothing to train the people adequately once they bring them on-board. No one really cares about the inmates. It is a sad place to work, if you became a healthcare professional to really help others. The jail itself is disgusting. Mice and rat infested. Trash, urine and blood everywhere. It's freezing in one building, and sweltering in the next. They tell you one thing when you are hired, and it is a totally different story once you are on board. These people would make great used car sales persons. Do yourself a favor......KEEP LOOKING.
Pros
None.
Cons
Deplorable work conditions, unresponsive, lying management.
Fun place to work
Consult Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2014
Working at Everglades Correctional Facility was a fun place to work but it was a prison and the hardest part was interacting with inmates throughout my day.

Co-workers were very helpful in showing new employees policies and how to work with the inmate population which is quite different from working in the outside.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MHM Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8