MHMR of Tarrant County Employee Reviews

high stress, poor training
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 24, 2017
As a service coordinator you can expect to be poorly trained on the typical ins & outs of this job while subsequently being expected to handle scenarios that were seemingly unfathomable in “training". Also it seems that the managers aren’t all on the same page when asked questions about the job, expect different answers if you ask different managers the same question. Daily I come to work with my best attempt to lookout for my clients but at times that doesn’t seem to be quite enough. They are very numbers driven. This puts pressure on the managers which in turn puts an insurmountable amount of pressure upon the service coordinators, thus causing a stress work environment. There are no concrete instructions on what is truly expected of you. Its kind of like running in the dark, you run until you hit a tree.
Pros
Great place to get familiar with the footwork and follow-up that social work requires
Cons
High stress, lack of mobility
Stressful place to work
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Management is horrible in the MH department HR doesn't take their job serious when something is reported its handled lightly. you are constantly micro managed and it doesn't help if you have a manager with NO BACK BONE to stand up to whats right. Definitely NOT a place i would return to for work nor refer anyone to work there.
Pros
Great food trucks, a few great people
Cons
underpaid, overworked
Can do better
Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  1319 Summit AveSeptember 6, 2017
This company does not provide a lot of staff development to its employees. Management complains about everything that goes incorrectly, but does not provide any direction in how the problem can be corrected.
Pros
Flexible use of PTO time
Cons
poor direction from management.
Mhmrtc
Home Residential Trainer (HRT) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2017
MHMR doesnt pay well. You will work long hours in a group home setting. The clients at the home was lovely but the MHMR did not care about making sure employees are paid the proper pay
Loved this job
MVPN-Certified Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 6, 2017
They gave great training, wonderful pay. Great co workers. Each day would be different. One day was attending the veterans drug court. Another would be planning events, seeking finical support, public speaking.
Pros
Money, hours
Cons
government cut hours
Very stressful work environment with management and staff. Clients were a joy to work with
LVN (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 29, 2017
The doctors are sensational. Management very poor, lack communication , only interested in keeping the numbers up (clients) Management would benefit greatly by taking a course in Ethics, communication and customer service Overtime is not allowed for medical staff. Salary very low.
Pros
Watching a client improve and greeting you with a smile and thankful for you being there.
Cons
Understaffed, low pay, no communication to medical staff when a crisis occurs
no comment
homeless outreach case worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2017
It is a great company to work for as long as you are out in the field. In the office there is too many politics and too much drama. some of the bosses are tyrants and ignore those employees that are not pets.
Solid place to work
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 4, 2017
Under staffed at my location which means, if you want, there's usually overtime available. Fast paced yet relaxed. Solid management and staff gets along fairly well
Challenging but worth the experience
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2017
One of the most challenging aspects of the job is meeting service delivery expectations and documentation requirements. I have never encountered any issues with people being rude at the Agency.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being supported by management.
Qmhp
QMHP (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2017
My role was very challenging but rewarding. I learned how to have patience and to have thick skin. The hardest park of my job was the communication from management.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Communication
Intensive and rewarding, but no advancement
Case Manager and Housing Liaison, QMHP (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 18, 2017
I was employed by MHMR for about 6 months. Loved the clinic I was at and the leadership, but career employees were tenured and job/pay scale advancement opportunity is limited.
positive workplace
Senior Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 3, 2017
the hardest part of my job is when a client chose not get help regarding their mental health

typical day at work - appointments, court appearance, medication compliant, documentations, etc

enjoyable part of the job - when a client completes the program and they have reach their goals regarding mental health and they are happy and smile about it that they were able to accomplished their goals.
Pros
good listerner
Cons
documentation
Great place to begin career in social services, counseling, therapy
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2017
I learned how to balance work and personal life, as well as education. I was grateful for the ability to move fluidly throughout the company. I received lots of chances to complete trainings and attend seminars related to field of work.
I love working with the disable population
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Responsible for 36 consumer caseload
Conducted Consumer Assessments
Completed Weekly and Monthly reports
Monitored consumer services and eligibility
Completed home visits with consumers
the hardest part of this job was unable to locate resources and or unable to help the consumers.
I enjoyed helping the consumers and being able to visit them
Mental Health
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Interacted with mental health residents
Coordinated and conducted psychosocial groups
Completed assessments and evaluations
Conducted one-on-one counseling sessions as needed
Maintained psychosocial behavioral
great place to work
Database / Report Developer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 15, 2016
great team to work with
increased experience
management was great
I enjoyed working with my co-workers.I had to figure a lot of things out by myself since this was a brand
Pros
good environment
Cons
dont get caught in work politics
good place
LPC-Tarrant County Correctional Center (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 4, 2016
wonderful place to work; great co workers. great staff; everyone works hard; everyone enjoys doing there job....everyone enjoys working hard to make things run smoothly
working with addicts
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2016
MHMR is a Drug and alcohol addition detox program. People that enter the program are from all walks of life. It is a stressful job as the clients are physically uncomfortable.
Pros
fenced parking.
Cons
short breaks
Mhmrtc
Rehabilitative Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 27, 2016
No response given at this time. Will post review at a later time. I enjoy working with individuals we serve. Good experience for thos wanting to start in mental health field.
Needs to hire more qualified workers.
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 26, 2016
For the most part it is a good place to work with caring people. They understand you have a life outside of work and will work with those with family.
The downsize is the lack of procedures and training. Many mistakes are made in the beginning and need to be fixed in a later process causing others to do twice the amount of work.