MHMR of Tarrant County Employee Reviews

overworked and underpaid
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 16, 2015
not enough time in the day to go your job well
not allowed to work overtime
pay not commensurate with position
management clueless about what an employees real job is like
people always on the defensive: like to shift blame, point fingers, not accept responsibility
working with the clients is rewarding
benefits are good
lots of training if you want it
inefficient and heavy in middle management
too much paperwork and redundancy in paperwork
politics and connections get you jobs and promotions
lack of appreciation for a job well done
not enough space to adequate provide for employees
computer programs are archaic and not user friendly
Pros
clients, benefits, training
Cons
pay, pay, pay, hours
Over rated
Residential Trainer (Current Employee) –  Residentual group homeMay 12, 2016
Mhmr is not committed to the population it serves.
Only the residents that have parents to advocate for them get the best treatment and that's not fair.
Administration and management does not give residentual trainers the respect they deserve.
These are the people that care for the person in the group home. They feed ,transport, pass meds,clean house, act as nurse at times along with a host of other duties. IT would be asset to the company to give residentual trainers more in pay especially if they have bachelors. Not everyone is hired off the street as I have heard said. Residentual trainers should be state certified since meds or passed and this certification should be a part of the trainers dedication as it would be for nurse or a personal care tech in the hospitals.
With this being said, step up to the plate MHMR.
Pros
Health Insurance, Dental, PTO, FMLA
Cons
9.25 pay
This job was a great entrance job for my profession and what I want to do.
Screening Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 7, 2016
I answered crisis calls and calls for individuals who were either looking to get themselves mental health care or a family member. I worked with a great group of individuals who took this job very serious and tried their best to help every one we came in contact with. We also had regular supervision with managers who told us our strengths and weakness to help us become better at our job.
good place
LPC-Tarrant County Correctional Center (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 4, 2016
wonderful place to work; great co workers. great staff; everyone works hard; everyone enjoys doing there job....everyone enjoys working hard to make things run smoothly
working with addicts
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2016
MHMR is a Drug and alcohol addition detox program. People that enter the program are from all walks of life. It is a stressful job as the clients are physically uncomfortable.
Pros
fenced parking.
Cons
short breaks
Excesive paperwork, redundant constant training
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 14, 2015
Enormous amount of paperwork. Not enough time to interact with clients. Rigid, unfriendly athmosphere. Arrogant and irrational supervisors.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Constant stress, redundant trainings and constant meetings. Never enough time to help clients.
awful
Title - Psychotherapist/Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 27, 2012
I worked there many years. The management rules by fear and hounding staff to meet unrealistic standards of productivity due to Texas being the 3rd worst funded for mental health. Certain management would publicly tell a group of employees that if they can't make their patients want the services and always attend appointments she'd help them find the door. Raises are about 1-2x per decade. There is much waste, as in the scales they use, supposedly to guide the doctor's treatment. However these scales are usually done by bachelor's level workers so most doctors don't use them. The time and money spent on such things could be utilized better by providing direct services that clients want. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you are desperate and want a dose of demoralization.
Mhmrtc
Rehabilitative Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 27, 2016
No response given at this time. Will post review at a later time. I enjoy working with individuals we serve. Good experience for thos wanting to start in mental health field.
Productive and worked with the patient assistance program.
Senior Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2016
A typical day would consist in screening clients for eligibility and additional resources. Assisting the client's in applying for various medication programs

Our clinic was recognized for obtaining the largest supply of free medications for patients who were uninsured.
Pros
Working with a wonderful group of clinicians
Cons
None to date
Flexible job with benefits
IDD Service Coordinator/ CLOIP (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2016
You must have time management in order to work here. Flexible hours are great for parents. You will fall in love with the clients.
Pros
Flexible hours, work from home
Cons
n/a
Good Job
PC Tech (Current Employee) –  tarrantMay 2, 2016
Good Company to work for
very good work place and the people are nice too.
Great management team and coworkers
a lot to learn everyday
Pros
Good People
Same as before
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Good place to start but advancement opportunities are limited. Even when advancement is an option, there is a strong expectation for you to maintain previous duties... In essence, they continue to ask more and more of you so that they're paying pennies on the dollar for one position when your duties should really be carried out by two or three people total.
Great place to work, great team building activities
CSA (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 31, 2015
I enjoyed working with individuals who loved helping mentally challenged individuals. I learned, my life is easier because I'm able to make simple decisions without the use of medications.
I believe management should be more sensitive, considerate, and fair to staff regarding growth and development within.
Most coworkers consider the importance of teamwork which helps breed a more successful group of workers.
The hardest part of the job was tuning out all the negativity regarding comments like " it's not my job".
I enjoyed the positive attitudes of the people we served,knowing I contributed to a small portion of their " hope".
Pros
Pot lucks for special occasions such as birthdays, personal accomplishements, and holidays
Cons
The cold climate year round
Great entry-level job
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 13, 2016
Great staff, great opportunities to advance, marginal pay. An opportunity to work with those who typically would fall through the cracks.
Pros
dedicated professionals
Cons
medium to low pay
nice company to work for, insurance is not so great
SUPPORT SPECIALIST 1 (Current Employee) –  3840 Hulen St Fort Worth TX 76107December 29, 2015
I get the files ready for the patients the doctor is seeing, order supplies, maintain files, send , receive or request patient information from both external and internal sources. support clinical staff in front desk operations, setting appointments, Co-workers are very easy to get along with I don't have anything that I consider as the hardest part of the job. the most enjoyable part is meeting and talking to some of the patients. Seeing the come in sick and seeing them later as they start feeling better.
Pros
Drug Reps Free Lunches
Qmhp
QMHP (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 28, 2015
Overwork you, high caseload, pressure to make a quota with face to face time with consumers that are highly dysfunctional, don't keep appointments with psychiatrists or with you, tons of paperwork, but the worst part is the people that they promote to be Program Managers. Program Managers tend to micromanage and don't have a clue about mental illness, aren't experienced in clinical skills, and some look and act like clients themselves. They don't promote a team environment due to pressures to turn in paperwork and make the quota with 3 hours face to face with each of your 25 clients per month. When clients attack you there's no one to talk to and management are critical and not helpful or supportive in any way. Managers also want to have constant meetings with you which also interfere with making your quota and completing paperwork on time. They also expect you to train new QMHP's on top of everything.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Great company
Residential Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 20, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company and actually regret to this day resigning. They were very professional, had great benefits, and very flexible
Hardworking SMU Graduate
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 9, 2016
I desire to make extra cash by working part-time in a fast paced environment. The most rewarding part of my current job is seeing my clients smile when they met their goals.
Multi-tasking Job requiring speed and accuracy
Billing Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 16, 2014
I began my day entering data for client time/attendance and payroll. I then moved on to reporting functions to assist management in making informed decisions concerning productivity and utilization. I worked closely with co-workers from multiple departments to acquire information to more accurately provide this data. The hardest part of my job was monthly accruals because it involved changing over 2500 formulas on a monthly basis. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with co-workers.
Pros
Matching 401 K
Cons
Out of 32 job functions, 25 had deadlines in the first 7 business days of the month
Good employer, benefits great
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 20, 2015
MHMR is a large employer for the Tarrant County area. They offer flexible work schedules to a point. Management works with you if you have emergency and need to take some personal time. All of my co-workers helped each other to get the work done. The hardest part of my job was not to be able to give everyone housing that needed it.
Pros
Flexible hours

2.6