MHMR Employee Reviews in United States

productive
Aide and Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXJuly 22, 2016
ok place to work, i like getting off at 230 but hate that there is no paid overtime. I liked the people i worked with I just disliked the way the place was run and the lack of respect some of the higher ups give you
Pros
early shift
Cons
no paid overtime
Challenging but rewarding job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 9, 2015
I was very pleased at MHMR, it was a tough position, but my fellow employees and supervisors were great!! The position normally consisted of two receptionists, and I filled that position alone and learned the ropes in two days when it normally required two weeks of training!!
Mhmr
Administrative Technician (Current Employee) –  Waco, TxOctober 14, 2015
A normal workday consists of answering phones, setting up appointments, transporting clients, advising them on their financial assesments, contacting clients for upcoming appointments, processing orders for equipment needed at the office, processing medical records, filing, data entry
Pros
Clients when they are not medicated well
Cons
Meeting new people daily
I was a caseworker. You are paid to show up and just do paperwork.
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 7, 2015
If you want a job where you are pretending to help people but in reality aren't, then MHMR is your place. Your job is simply travel anywhere from 5 to 75 minutes to see a client. Sit behind a laptop. Document your visit and leave. If you are truely interested in providing case management to these individuals that is severely frowned upon. Basically, the less you do the better. But, you better make sure your document is worded just right.
Pros
You will gain a different perspective on MH/MR.
Cons
No true differences made.
great place to work
mental health tech (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 12, 2015
If you like your career field then you will like the career paths at MHMR, however the facilities are state funded and the pay is not great if you are not an RN or above.
Productive and enjoyable palce to work
Med Tech/Patient Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Helped patients with medications. Assisted the Nurse Practitioner and Doctor with any new orders pertaining to patients. Assisted patients with applications for drug assistance programs thru pharmaceutical companies.
Pros
good working hours
Loss
Admin Tech (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 9, 2014
No Holiday party - No incentives
$$ is their main concern/Management
Salary Freeze - no pay raise for 5 years
Stay there 5 years and you get a name plate
Pros
no incentives
Cons
no choices for healthcare or daycare/health expense savings acct
Fun place to work and I learned a lot. My very first time working in the field and it was a great experience.
Therapy Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 8, 2014
Wonderful people to work for and to work with. I learned a lot about helping people in need in all kinds of different sittuations.
Great people to work with and gave you a lot of latitude to work independently with each individual, depending on their needs
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TexasNovember 18, 2014
Worked in a workshop with individuals who had been released from the state mental institution and transitioned into a half-way home. Worked on life skills and living in the community. Worked with the families of the clients who had family members. Each day was basically the same but very different at the same time. Mentally ill individuals have various issues and sometimes the day was spent working on crisis or immediate needs.

All the staff got along and we rotated responsibilities. The management was always supportive and there to support the staff.

The hardest part of the job was observing individuals dealing with severe mental disorders, compliance with medication and sometimes suicide.

I enjoyed working with each individual and helping them understand their illness and self-worth.
Pros
learned to be decisive, flexible, and act quickly
Cons
i got attached to each individual and when they were having problems it made me very sad and hurt
great opptuntiy for working with people with disablity's
foster care at home (Current Employee) –  nevada texasSeptember 3, 2014
learning different ways to work with different personalities very challenging learn way of individuals
Pros
working from hom but need to be out in work field
Cons
none wonderful experinces

Want to know more about MHMR?

Ask a question
Loved it.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 5, 2014
Supervising children with disabilities and ensuring child development skills: such as administering medication, feeding, educational games, and transportation to school and activities. The hardest part was leaving at the end of the day. The kids loved me and didn't want me to leave.
Awesome people
MEDICAL ASST (Former Employee) –  CC TXMarch 21, 2014
Long working days and some evening with great pepole.Long drives ,dining out with clients enjoying the city .
Pros
lots of travel time
Cons
double shifts
Lot of good people
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 22, 2014
Almost all were outstanding people who helped the people and each other.
Pros
great people
Cons
low pay
MHMR is a decent company to work for; they provide a good service to those who have mental handicaps
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 13, 2014
The job was good in itself; I however was placed in a rural location which was not my first choice; ;however I met and bonded with many special people; patients as well as co-workers, staff etc. Overall a very good company to work for.
benefits
Cons
not the best work environment
Received college credits in medical and computer courses
Home Charge (Former Employee) –  Mexia TXJanuary 7, 2014
I have had 13 years with MSSLC before I resigned to go on to be a certified welder inspector.
Overall excellent work experience to be had...
MCOT/Continuity of Care Liaison (Current Employee) –  MHMR Services for the Concho ValleyNovember 23, 2013
If you are looking to gain experience in the mental health field and work with compassionate people such as yourself, your local Mental Health Authority is a great place to both start and advance your career. MHMR Services for the Concho Valley is no exception!
ok but only a temp job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 23, 2013
This job was only temp and there was no advancement. It was a sad place to work.
great place for completing some hours of my externship
Medical Assistant/Translator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 25, 2013
great experience with vitals check in patients having an experience with injections
Pros
great hours
Cons
not available for job opening
*****productive work place
Office Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2013
very busy work days answer phones filing faxing copying data entry insurance authorization/verifications learned work in and out of office co workers all very helpful hardest part of the job is waiting for security to stand by for protection the most enjoyable part of the day is when patients remember your name.five start *****
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Contract Home Health
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2013
I enjoyed woking with a wide variety of ages and disorders.

Meetings with co-worker occurred twice a month to discuss case load management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
drive time between patients could be long at times