MHMR Employee Reviews

Hostile environment
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXJuly 8, 2017
Did not enjoy working for this company due to the people in charge never wanting to take care of the clients. Their only concern was making it through the day and collecting a paycheck
Pros
Loved working with the clients
Cons
Unable to get needed assistance for clients due to red tape and lazyness
Fun Work place
Human Resources Asst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 4, 2017
MHMR was a great job for me, I learned so much about state procedures in dealing with MHMR. It's a laid back environment and the employees worked together as a team.
Pros
1 hr lunches, and great healthcare, state holidays
Cons
Salary
Management not supportive, poor pay, don't appreciate your skills
RN (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXMay 22, 2017
I was a RN working for MHMRTC. Caseloads were overloaded. Too many clients. Management said they had open door policy but could never find them, in meetings, they show up to work late or their door was closed. Management not supportive of some of their employees. Very poor pay for the amount of work. Company training was great...department training was poor. You basically had to figure it out yourself or ask a lot of questions which your supervisor didn't have time to answer.
Pros
Flex schedules
Cons
Poor pay, bad management
Productive and fun work place
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2017
A little stressful, learned how to assist mentally challenged and provide need assistance, everyone works together as a team. Friendly staff & clean.
Pros
flexible time schedule
Cons
stressful
Fun and productive work place
Home Sitter (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2017
This is a great place to work. I loved dealing with all the people and their families. I liked being able to live in with my patients and families. It was like you all were a big fmaily
Would not recommend working here
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2017
I enjoyed doing what I did for MHMR. But management is bad, they don't care about employees opinions or bother going and seeing every now and then who actually is working and not working. No opportunity for advancement. They should leave people and hire people that actually are hard workers and they should get rid of all the lazy people that sit around and not do anything or are careless about what they are doing.
Cons
A good way to gain experience
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 22, 2017
MHMR I love the company because it is a place built to help those that have disabilities to maintain their everyday lives as others do. Being in the workplace their is a lot of things that need to be worked on, like communication, and treatment of the patients. I don't like working in places where there is mess as well as two-face going on because if people are focusing on this who are taking care of what is important. I need the management team to do better about the people working under them, good work comes from people in a good job setting.
Pros
days off, vacation and sick days
Cons
communication and messiness
Loved it
MHMR Early Childhood Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 20, 2017
Great place to work. Loved working with the special needs population. Great place to bring your creative ideas. Management was very genuine people to work under.
Pros
staff and clients
Cons
low pay
Nice and at steady pace
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
Loved it here could not have asked for a better job
My cousin workers were great the environment was good had no trouble with my job I loved it my boss was very understanding.
flex hours but daily reports
Yes Waiver case coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 30, 2017
management here is not really consistent or helpful. Have to report daily 8-5pm tasks on what they call a "sal". great flex hours, no real room for advancing unless licenses.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
managment
Good look into the non-profit world
Assistant to a Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Great place for professionals just starting out. The opportunities are endless with MHMR and the positions allow people to grow as professionals with supervision.
No great
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXNovember 16, 2016
In my time there, there were some great people, but overall, everyone was afraid to speak the truth. It was not a warm, welcoming environment. I would not want to return there.
Pros
Some gracious folks
Atmosphere of Advancement
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2016
This place helps everyone that comes to its doors that it possibly can.
MHMR is a wonderful place full of opportunity within its doors for clients and for its employees. We had times when we were giving away trips to summer camp to our clients with targeted funds. There were also targeted funds for other things that case managers attempt to get for their clients to fill needs as they come along. The fun is in being able to help others.
Pros
Helping provide for those in most need
Cons
Not being able to reach everyone's need
Very poor management
manager (Former Employee) –  1600 montanaSeptember 26, 2016
I worked there 10 years and was a manager. The top management is very corrupt and pay themselves high salaries while denying overtime pay and salary increases to those that deserve it most. Clients are not the priority and I often witnessed numerous neglect and exploitation situations, It is not a well liked company and having them as your employers is not a positive thing.
Cons
employee discrimination and abuse
Awful Place of Employment
ECI (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 1, 2016
This was probably one of the WORST places I have ever worked for, including the retail work that I had done back in high school and college. The management at Early Childhood Intervention was absolutely terrible and the main focus was numbers and money, not the quality of visits that were provided to families. There was a lot of unethical behavior, including manipulation of employee timecards and mileage, without reimbursement. The CEO treats the employees like the clients they serve... toddlers.
Pros
Co-workers were great.
Cons
Restricted from taking a lunch break, restricted use of Paid Time Off
productive
Aide and Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXJuly 22, 2016
ok place to work, i like getting off at 230 but hate that there is no paid overtime. I liked the people i worked with I just disliked the way the place was run and the lack of respect some of the higher ups give you
Pros
early shift
Cons
no paid overtime
Challenging but rewarding job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 9, 2015
I was very pleased at MHMR, it was a tough position, but my fellow employees and supervisors were great!! The position normally consisted of two receptionists, and I filled that position alone and learned the ropes in two days when it normally required two weeks of training!!
Mhmr
Administrative Technician (Current Employee) –  Waco, TxOctober 14, 2015
A normal workday consists of answering phones, setting up appointments, transporting clients, advising them on their financial assesments, contacting clients for upcoming appointments, processing orders for equipment needed at the office, processing medical records, filing, data entry
Pros
Clients when they are not medicated well
Cons
Meeting new people daily
fun place to work
Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Abilene, txAugust 23, 2015
worked with people who lived at state facility, helped them do programs and daily activities, had several different shifts to work from
Pros
inside all the time out of weather
Cons
had to be there even during snow storm
I was a caseworker. You are paid to show up and just do paperwork.
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 7, 2015
If you want a job where you are pretending to help people but in reality aren't, then MHMR is your place. Your job is simply travel anywhere from 5 to 75 minutes to see a client. Sit behind a laptop. Document your visit and leave. If you are truely interested in providing case management to these individuals that is severely frowned upon. Basically, the less you do the better. But, you better make sure your document is worded just right.
Pros
You will gain a different perspective on MH/MR.
Cons
No true differences made.