MHMR

MHMR Employer Reviews

Fun place to work and I learned a lot. My very first time working in the field and it was a great experience.
Therapy Tech 1 (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXDecember 8, 2014
Wonderful people to work for and to work with. I learned a lot about helping people in need in all kinds of different sittuations.
Great people to work with and gave you a lot of latitude to work independently with each individual, depending on their needs
Case Manager (Former Employee), San Angelo, TexasNovember 18, 2014
Pros: learned to be decisive, flexible, and act quickly
Cons: i got attached to each individual and when they were having problems it made me very sad and hurt
Worked in a workshop with individuals who had been released from the state mental institution and transitioned into a half-way home. Worked on life skills and living in the community. Worked with the families of the clients who had family members. Each day was basically the same but very different at the same time. Mentally ill individuals have various – more... issues and sometimes the day was spent working on crisis or immediate needs.

All the staff got along and we rotated responsibilities. The management was always supportive and there to support the staff.

The hardest part of the job was observing individuals dealing with severe mental disorders, compliance with medication and sometimes suicide.

I enjoyed working with each individual and helping them understand their illness and self-worth. – less
great opptuntiy for working with people with disablity's
foster care at home (Current Employee), nevada texasSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: working from hom but need to be out in work field
Cons: none wonderful experinces
learning different ways to work with different personalities very challenging learn way of individuals
Loved it.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 5, 2014
Supervising children with disabilities and ensuring child development skills: such as administering medication, feeding, educational games, and transportation to school and activities. The hardest part was leaving at the end of the day. The kids loved me and didn't want me to leave.
AWESOME PEOPLE
MEDICAL ASST (Former Employee), CC TXMarch 21, 2014
Pros: lots of travel time
Cons: double shifts
LONG WORKING DAYS AND SOME EVENING WITH GREAT PEPOLE.LONG DRIVES ,DINING OUT WITH CLIENTS ENJOYING THE CITY .
Lot of good people
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: low pay
Almost all were outstanding people who helped the people and each other.
MHMR is a decent company to work for; they provide a good service to those who have mental handicaps
Case Manager (Former Employee), Bryan, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not the best work environment
The job was good in itself; I however was placed in a rural location which was not my first choice; ;however I met and bonded with many special people; patients as well as co-workers, staff etc. Overall a very good company to work for.
Received college credits in medical and computer courses
Home Charge (Former Employee), Mexia TXJanuary 7, 2014
I have had 13 years with MSSLC before I resigned to go on to be a certified welder inspector.
Overall excellent work experience to be had...
MCOT/Continuity of Care Liaison (Current Employee), MHMR Services for the Concho ValleyNovember 23, 2013
If you are looking to gain experience in the mental health field and work with compassionate people such as yourself, your local Mental Health Authority is a great place to both start and advance your career. MHMR Services for the Concho Valley is no exception!
ok but only a temp job
Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 23, 2013
This job was only temp and there was no advancement. It was a sad place to work.
great place for completing some hours of my externship
Medical Assistant/Translator (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 25, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: not available for job opening
great experience with vitals check in patients having an experience with injections
*****productive work place
Office Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
very busy work days answer phones filing faxing copying data entry insurance authorization/verifications learned work in and out of office co workers all very helpful hardest part of the job is waiting for security to stand by for protection the most enjoyable part of the day is when patients remember your name.five start *****
Contract Home Health
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 1, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: drive time between patients could be long at times
I enjoyed woking with a wide variety of ages and disorders.

Meetings with co-worker occurred twice a month to discuss case load management.
Management of Child and Adolescent patients w/mental health issues
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2013
Management of Child and Adolescent patients w/mental health issues
Excellent company with great coworkers!
Service coordinator (Current Employee), San Angelo, TexasFebruary 25, 2013
I've been here for 6 months and I love my job. This is the best company that I have ever worked for. I never wake up and dread going to work. I truly enjoy going to work everyday.
able to use my handyman skills on a day to day bases.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 15, 2012
making sure facility units were in workable and living conditions for residents.
Very eye opening
Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 3, 2012
Assisted those who couldnt help themselves allowed for a way to develop humility.
great place to work
Records Clerk assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 28, 2012
great people, learned a lot of office work, and how to treat clinically ill people serving them getting there paperwork.
Great working invironment.
Human Service Tech (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 24, 2012
Pros: relaxed working invironment.
Cons: correcting clients on their behavior.
Checking in at the front desk, then attending to my assigned clients. I learned to be patient with people. Management was still learning how to perform their duties. Co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was correcting my clients.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my teamates.
If you don't know anyone or have an education, you will be stuck in the same position forever
Mexia State Supported Living Center (Former Employee), Mexia, TXAugust 1, 2012
Pros: benefits, insurance, and retirement
Cons: too many to name
Even though I was blessed to have this job, it lead to my untimely illness. The stress is so overwhelming.