Mi Pueblo Foods

Mi Pueblo Foods Employer Reviews

It is a nice place to learn all about how warehouses operate.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 17, 2014
Once the shift begins, the team holds a meeting where I print out the sales report and go over how heave the work will be. Once meeting is over, we leave the workplace until we have completed the job for that specific day.
I have learned a lot. How to run a team, forklift driving, receiving, administrative work, and much more.
I consider myself a compassionate – more... individual, thus I enjoy helping all new coworkers as much as I can. – less
Fun place to work get to meet different people everyday.
Tortilleria Manager (Current Employee), Tracy, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: the benefits medical dental and vision
Cons: cut back on overtime and having to work every weekend not enough time with kids.
Every day is different, do to different sales and product and demand. We get to meet all kinds of people. I have learned a different part of the business the retail part and I find it interesting and challenging. I enjoy a challenge, so it makes it fun trying to over come the obstacles in the way.
Productive workplace
Assistant Category Manager / Junior Buyer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 17, 2014
The company is a good place to start you career and obtain experience but not for a long term job.
Every day is different, you get use to to having a different challenge everyday which helps you learn fast.
People and culture are great.
Always busy shifts but with fun days
Floral/Cashier (Former Employee), Gilroy, CAJanuary 9, 2014
I learned from working here, every departments are different and require different but the same skills. I learned a little more in the grocery industry.
live, fun, amazing job
Cashier (Former Employee), vallejo, caOctober 3, 2013
this has been the best job iv ever had. it was such a live place.
A place where you can interact with the community
Deli Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: amazing team interaction and close to my community
Cons: general management is not good
Working at Mi Pueblo has been a great experience. This company allowed me to expand my learning experiences such as becoming a manager and help my team to become stronger every day. giving a great customer service is one of the things that i enjoyed the most. especially because i get to interact with my own community and that made me enjoy my job.
Always excited to know there is great opertunities to train/learn more in all fields.
Facilities and Maintenance Department Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 3, 2013
A typical day at work was a 7am start until 5 or 6pm off time, 5 to 6 days a week scheduling all priorties taking emergencies/safety issues first was a must for all 22 grocery stores through out the bay area. I've learned and expanded my knowledge in the food/grocery business just adding to my resume including Owner Manager training. Visiting 6 to 7 – more... stores a day makeing safety walk through, creating new lists of any potentioal hazards in order to avoid any possible accidents/incidents was a must.I spend a couple hours a day entering data into a data base creating budgets for Facility up-grades/New construction/Maintenance repairs for each store in order to be on time/budget. Implementing/creating new PM safety inspections forms in order to meet all city,state goverment agancies rules and regulations spending 2 hours a day. Interacting with co-workers was key in order to hear them out and keep communication key/sharp. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with demand of so much down equipment due to HR not being able to hire qualiefied/experienced employees causing equipment failure and alot of operator error which in turn created much more un-needed work for my department. Most enjoyable part of my job was being able to set up department meetings and coach,teach,train, emplyees new and better ways to brighten there skills to become a better employee in all they do, Boosting up moral and becoming excellant team players.. . – less
Its an ok place to work
Full time Grocery Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 5, 2013
Pros: you get 2 10min breaks and 35 min for lunch.
Cons: you have to maintain busy every minute.
Well I started as a Tortilleria Manager then I was sent to recieving for two weeks then after I became a Grocery Manager for 4months then after I was change to registers you move alot you never stay for what you applied for not sure what was the obejective of being moved from department to department nut all I can say is I learned in every department – more... many diferent thing which I am glad.The hardest part of working in this company is to work with the same hispanic /latinos there is too much envy and that is not good in the company. – less
Productive and great learning job experience
Public Affairs Asst./ Filing Clerk, HR Department (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 12, 2013
Great coworkers and inspiring mentors. The company is filled with people who want to succeed in life!
VP of Merchandising, Marketing and Logistics (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: same as above
Cons: same as above
Prefer to elaborate in Person interview........

Great retailer and good place to work.
Productive professional environment
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Vallejo CaAugust 27, 2012
This was a great job with wonderful hours. i made a dollar more then minimum wage which was helpful. Everyone was very nice and helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job was waking up happy to be going to work. i loved it.
gran empresa para trabajar
asistente de gerente (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 1, 2014
Pros: gran ambiente de trabajo
Cons: poco personal demaciado trabajo
ambiente de gran companerismo.
muy facil de aprender distintas cosas y escalar a grandes puestos facilmente
Ambiente de trabajo excelente con grandes oportunidades de crecimiento
Asistente de Director (Former Employee), Salinas, CAMarch 7, 2014
* Es una empresa, donde las oportuniodades se te van creando deacuerdo a tu trabajo
* Pronto crecimiento