Mi Pueblo Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun Workplace
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 14, 2016
Is a very fun place to work, job wasn't as hard as I thought, Friendly staff. Was my first job and liked it a lot. LOVE MEXICAN FOOD!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Really Friendly people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 15, 2016
*A typical day at work was busy but ran smoothly when the properly trained staff was on the floor.

*Trainings for cashiers are great and really prepared you for most situations.
Learnt new valuable skills.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 6, 2016
I learnt new valuable skills from mi pueblo, being a fast paced environment, i learned hot to work under pressure and how to manage people and communicate with professionalism /
It was a great experience working at Mi Pueblo
deli (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 14, 2016
A normal day at mi pueblo will be always busy and there is always something to do.I learned cashier, customer service, deli. Some managers were awesome and others weren't.
Pros
everyone gets along with eachother
deal with customers and bag their purchased items
Bagger (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 1, 2016
mi pueblo is a very good job environment. ill bag their purchased food provide excellent customer service I am bilingual so I can operate in both English and spanish
I was lied to
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 1, 2015
This was my store ever since I was in High School I wanted to work here. So i did, but working there I learned a thing or two that people wouldn't know about it. Though it was temporary i got to meet a lot of nice people
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 13, 2015
My typical day at work will be greeting customers, changing checks, and work as a teamwork. I as well learned their system very well.
busy most days, help customers with questions.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 13, 2015
busy environment so must be able to think of rapid solutions for in case of over flow of clientele. great place to enter the work force
Seeking a position were my skills will be utilized
Excellent Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 20, 2015
At work I maintain the store condition above standards and give excellent customer service to my clients. There are many other duties I perform such as ordering, organization, and stocking. One of my main duties as an assistant manager is to manage and supervise and most of all be the role model.
good
crew member (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 8, 2015
they need to try and work with your school schedule because that's really important but they don't take that in mind. also they need to provide you with more trainning
Fun - Loving
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CASeptember 24, 2014
Working at Mi Pueblo was a fun experience, being able to learn something new; working in the meat department as well as meeting a lot of wonderful people. It was a great job.
Holiday fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  SALINAS, CA.September 9, 2014
I was also hired for the season at mi pueblo, it was lots of fun! I worked thanksgiving, christmas & new years day.
Didn't appreciate workers work and dedication.
Casher /Deli clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 22, 2014
A typical day at work would be clock in and go get my money box. Then open my cash register. See who is working for the day and check in with them to see what they are working on and see what else needs to get done. Start charging customers and cutting fruit and vegetables to make fresh drinks. I would go translate to make orders of food for events or parties. Help on Delis line by doing customer service.
Pros
some people are nice.
Cons
did nit let me use the bathroom, very disrespectful, and made rude comments.
I make my day productive that way I won't get bored.
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJune 3, 2014
Days at Mi Pueblo aren't always the same sometimes its really slow or busy, but my typical day at work is pre-paring for the rest of the week and the weekend. I enjoy working with the people I do with now because, they could really be helpful towards me and what it is I need to get done. Everyday, isn't the same but I have a way of getting everything done on time! Growing in the bakery I learned that the littlest things can really effect something really huge. I learned a lot about the language and all the things we do on the daily basis. My co workers are fun to work with and I look forward to working with people who are full of positive attitude because it helps our bond at work. I think that things that happen in the bakery really can be solved in a different way or at least take everything seriously. The hardest thing about my job would be that I don't speak Spanish because it really affects how customers look at me or the company, I think that getting more responsibilities last minute or at least when you have already more things to do affect a lot because it gets really busy! I enjoy helping out those who help me out.
Fun and productive
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAMay 28, 2014
typical day would consist of taking orders for dinning in or to-go, bus tables and set up for the next day. I learned to work at a fast paced.. Management was so-so. We could have a on set manager. Co Workers were great they were all hardworking team members. The job was actually quite great(small place) which means we didn't have to deal with a lot of customers.
Pros
great tps, great coworkers
Cons
small work area
Main View
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Its a growing company and of course it will have its problems but it concentrates more on other things then its employees. To many accidents never reported, not enough managers with the knowledge needed to progress or help around. Treatment of certain employees differed from other.
Pros
Lunch was 35-40min, if your great and straight forward when you getting hired you start with a better pay.
Cons
Bad handling with schedules/ hours, Always had to fight for missing hours on my check
No respect for their employees
supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2013
This has been the worst place I've ever worked at!!! Upper management has no respect for anybody and they do not care about their employees.
Pros
Cons
no respect, rude co-workers
Busy Bakery.
Bakery Cashier/ Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 6, 2013
Depending on what I was scheduled to do, its a very fast-paced environment. Since day 1 ive been learning a lot of things, I did have experience in custome service and money handling, but everything else is new to me.
Productive and beneficial conversation tables for students who are willing to learn Spanish and study abroad in Spanish-speaking countries
Conversation Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 5, 2012
Mi Pueblo is an organization within the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign instead of a business company. Every week there is a meeting for the facilitators that volunteer to lead conversation groups to help students to improve their Spanish through various conversation topics. From this experience, I learned to work accordingly with a partner through communication. This helped us to comprehend each other better and to organize our schedule differences to choose the most suitable session times for both of us which has been the hardest part of the organization. Both my partner and I enjoyed meeting other people, assisting and inspiring them to learn Spanish with entertaining activities. Our organization's leader became a great contribution for our satisfactory result of the number of clients. This was attributable to the leader's orientation and activity planing management skills
Pros
occassional free food, connection to the members, and improvement in spanish language
Cons
occassional abscense of people coming to the conversation sessions
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 3, 2012
Cashier would greet customers and place invoices for products as needed. Management was great gained a lot of knowledge. Hardest thing was not being able to help customer. Most enjoyable part was the great team and leaders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mi Pueblo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9