MIAMI-DADE COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Adjunct Faculty, English (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2017
Miami Dade College is a great place to work and grow. Instructors are given the necessary tools for classroom success. Students are provided necessary support to reach significant academic goals.
Public Safety Staff-Phone Operator-Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2017
I enjoy working at MD college. My days vary on what area I'm placed in for the day. My day can be moderate in the dispatch office, or very fast paced in the phone operator area. I learned to properly log in and dispatch all calls for the security officers. My direct supervisor is very helpful and knowledgeable around the department.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Full time positions recently frozen by Miami-Dade County
Awesome Experience
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2017
This occupation allowed me to share my nursing experience with a wonderful group of individuals seeking to obtain their nursing license through the NCLEX remedial courses at Miami-Dade College.
Miss working here
Advisor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 30, 2017
Miami Dade is an amazing place to work. I enjoyed every moment, management was great and I had a great times. Definitely would enjoy to go back. Great benefits too
Fun place to work, pay is not sufficient
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 29, 2017
Management does not enforce rules. Company is very unorganized and unprofessional. Pay did not work match labor requirements. Company should be revamped
Excellent team related environment
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2016
Currently, I am employed by Miami-Dade College as a Financial Aid Information Specialist. My job description entails everything from assisting hundreds of students daily on behalf of their financial accounts all the way too clerical work like scanning, answering calls, and data entry. Working for Miami-Dade College has provided me with tremendous experience in regards to customer service and working with in a team related environment. For the full outlook on my job description and skills I have attached a copy of my resume.
very productive
Professional Development in Education (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2016
It is a great place to be. There is a good working atmosphere and learning environment. Students learning is of great concern, The curriculum is revised from time to time.
Productive fun work place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLMay 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was hosting events for the student body to engage in. Having to deal with other students I learned how keep professional and not allow anyone to take me out of my character.
Demanding
PART-TIME CLERK (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 10, 2015
When you do something wrong they are willing to get rid of you without questions asked. They do not even give you a verbal warning. At least a write up but they do not even do that.
Again, second review.... Best school ever! In all levels!
Nuclear Medicine Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Better than going to a "fancy" private school where you spend more than you ever planned. They teach you and focus on all your every needs. Willing to always accommodate their schedules for their students and holidays! Tuition is the best part. But, I walked away knowing everything for my career. Will most likely pursue my bachelors here!!!!
Pros
Best school, no more to say!!!
I enjoyed working in an office environment with internal auditors as department secretary.
Internal Audit Department, Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 14, 2015
I enjoyed working as the department secretary for the internal auditors. I learned detailed tasks and enjoyed the office environment.
Pros
It was a great full time office job with benefits.
Cons
I can't think of one as the job was perfect for me.
I really enjoy working for the Advisement team in Homestead Florida
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  FLJuly 9, 2015
Great place to work. I have learned a lot working with the Advisement division. It is a very peaceful working environment. The team really wants to teach you everything they know.
Ok
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 12, 2014
I have no comments. No applicable. I have nothing else to say.
Pros
no comments
Cons
no comments
College Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 14, 2014
Excellent school. Gives emphasis on student development.
Pros
Uses professionals in the field to teach students
Wonderful department - No growth opportunity
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2014
The Earth Ethics Institute is a wonderful place to work if you are passionate about education in sustainability. There is a lot of freedom and independence and creativity is always welcome.
There is also room for skill development in coordination, administration, and customer relations. The most important thing is that the employee's strength is highly considered and encouraged to be applied towards the organization's programming.
Pros
constant learning opportunities via workshops, conferences, etc.
Cons
only part time opportunities
It is a great place to teach
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2014
The working environment is very pleasant and your reward is the feedback you get from your students.
Good school
English and Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 26, 2013
MDC has always established good workplace ethics within the school. I have learned to truly target the learning needs of a multicultural student body. It has good management. Co-workers are highly professional. The hardest part of the job is teaching beginning language learners. The most enjoyable part of the job is realizing how your student make good progress.
Responsible for teaching economic courses
Economics Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 14, 2013
This job enables me to teach Macro and Microeconomic courses while making the subject matter interesting to the average student.
Great culture at Miami Dade College. Talented and professional colleagues.
Full-Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 23, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching my students and seeing the actual moment when they acquire success.
Productive and fun to work at
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 14, 2013
It was a wonderful work experience. I learned how to enter and update information, which I have experience for. The people I worked with were wonderful people and I had the great pleasure of working with them. I enjoyed mostly entering data. The hardest part was multi-tasking, but I was able to do it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIAMI-DADE COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3