Miami-Dade County

Miami-Dade County United States Employee Reviews

It was a healthy experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Miami-Dade CountySeptember 13, 2014
I subbed students and the work day was very calm. I usually followed the lesson plans that were left by the teacher.
PSA (Manual Laborer) (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: natural environment, employee benefits
Cons: really hot, short breaks, physically demanding at times
Typical day at work would consist of mowing, weed-eating to doing trash pick ups. I've learned how to become a complete employee and how to finish things i've started. Thought hard to communicate at times management is average. The hardest part of the job is the manual labor. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you're maintaining a natural, family friendly environment. Co-worker are friendly and hard-working.
it is a fun place to work
Seaport Security Supervisor II (Current Employee), Port Miami Miami Dade CountyMarch 22, 2014
typical day here at the Port is on weekend ships arrive at 0500, customers begin to leave ships, the processing of them off the ship is U.S custom function we are in charge of ensuring crow control and see that all depart the area in a safety manner. The hardest part of the job is having more personnel to help ensure safety. with to cut backs and not hiring personnel into this department can be a little stressful. the most enjoyable thing of this job is that it a different things happen every day the same thing over and over does not occur on Pot Miami. and the people you work with make it more enjoyable.
N/A
Business Analyst I, Financial Analyst I (Former Employee), Doral, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Not much to tell. It is a good place to work, but I was there during the economic crisis and faced numerous times that I would be pushed out of the County not because of work performance but because of union rules favoring seniority over actual productivity.
Very productive fast paced environment
Project Scientist/Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Miami-Dade County is one of the most professional regulatory organizations I have worked for.
Grants Administration
Grants Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: project collaboration
Cons: long hours
Research and Administration of grants funds
Staff supervision
Legislative Research
productive working environment
Property Appraiser Clerk (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2014
re-inspecting property, fun friendly, love the job. my supervisor is great. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the state and federal laws that continues to change. Very rewarding in the learing new things that can be a vaulable assets to future companies.
A typical day at work
Personnel Technician (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: working with good co-workes
Cons: not being able to use my skills for a better promotion
My typical day is very busy, Im always checking email for any questions that employees have on their payroll. We are always doing perfomance evaluations for merits and longevity increase. I have learned management skills as well by working with the Personnel Specialist 2. I also print the Leave Time Usage Reports for employees with Performance Evaluations.
never a dull moment
court room clerk I / court record specialist I (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2014
loved working in the legal field from simple traffic citation to murder trial .........very rewarding
Fun place to work
PArking Lot Attendant (Current Employee), Miami-DadeJanuary 2, 2014
Flexibility in the work place. Great co-workers. Fun place to work.
Metro Police
Police Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 29, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: high crime area
is a Limited Service County Police Department serving Miami-Dade County, Florida's unincorporated areas, although they have lenient mutual aid agreements with other incorporated municipalities, most often the City of Miami Police Department. The MDPD is the largest police department in the Southeastern United States, with approximately 4,700 employees. The Department is still often referred by its former name, the Metro-Dade Police or simply Metro. Miami-Dade Police officers are easily identified by their taupe/brown colored uniforms. Miami-Dade Police vehicles are identified by their green and white livery. MDPD officers carry silver badges, while officers with the ranks of sergeant and above carry gold badges.
Busy productive workplace
Assistant Student Coach-Summer Intern (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 10, 2013
Long days dealing with customers, assisting customers with school uniforms for their children.
Great First Experience
Urban Fellow (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2013
This was my first county job position. It was a delight to work with such professionals.
Everyday is different when dealing with customer service.
Tax Records Specialist 2 (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: the job location is walking distance to restaurants and shops.
Cons: cut backs have led to unpaid days off and paying an extra percentage for insurance.
I have learned there is always a solution to any problem when it comes to dealing with the public. I am happy when a customer walks away satisfied.
Great Organization, Benefits will change in 2014
Clerk I (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 25, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, benefits, job security
Cons: moving up, state low budget will remove most current benefits by 2014
County makes work stress free--as possible. Citizens can give you a hard time. I was able to learn a lot of civil procedures for personal knowledge on how the system works. Employees are great, truly care about you. However, moving positions or just moving up, takes way too long. Positions that are open on their portal are rumored to be already taken before interviewing begins---guess that the down side to secure positions.
Worked & went to school with 50% tuition reimbursemtn.
Procurment Contracting Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 17, 2013
Cons: racial discrimination & cultural bias
Typical day consisted micromanagment, total lack of respect by immediate supervisor. I learned to never become comfortable with any position held, constantly was working just to keep my job. That was the worst management I have every experienced in my entire work history. My co-workers were phenominal, there were very supportive in spite of our horrible managers & dept. director.
great workers and supervisors.
Bailiff (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 16, 2013
Get the Judges bench set up with cases for the day.Bring judge into court and monitor security of her and the public.Take someone into custody when asked to by the Judge.Get Juors for trial.
To promote Miami-Dade County as a Global Gateway and enhance access to economic development opportunities.
Communications and Media Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2013
EDIT promotes Miami-Dade County as a Global Gateway both locally and abroad by developing and expanding trade opportunities with countries throughout the world. It maintains a database of local businesses involved in international trade to foster import and export opportunities. It also administers the Miami-Dade Sister Cities program and works closely with the local Consular Corps. EDIT also provides staff support to the Social and Economic Development Council and the International Trade Consortium (ITC) which serve in an advisory capacity to the Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.

EDIT is the 2011 National Association of Counties award recipient for its effective and innovative "Workshop Assistance for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises" program.
Fun yet productive workpace
Park Service Aide/Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 11, 2013
Great place to work, great co-workers, amazing administration etc. Everyday was something new so I am glad that I got to experience new cultures, languages, foods etc. The only thing I found hard there was pretty much the weather...summer time was scorching! I just loved the fact that I had the opportunity to meet great families alongside with their children, I've learned so much.
Enjoyable part of Job
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 28, 2012
Pros: knowledge gained
Cons: temp service
My favorite part of working for Miami-Dade was being acknowledged for the work ethics