Miami-Jacobs Career College Employee Reviews in United States

Basic job training position that works with school and home schedule
Learning Resource Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHFebruary 11, 2015
I typically come in work a variety of hours. During my shift I tend to the computers, students, and file. I also create newsletters, and flyers for events. I have learned quite a few new things on computers and dealing with online classes and communication. The hardest part of my job is the down time. I prefer to stay as busy as possible. The other hard part of this job is that it is considered a Work Study Program, which means that in April, 2015, I will no longer be eligible to stay employed. I will have my Associates Degree of Applied Business Management and be required to move on and start my career.
Miami Jacobs Career College
Adjunct Instructor part time as needed (Former Employee) –  Dayton and Troy, OHioMay 31, 2015
I was very fortunate to work with Miami Jacobs Career College because they had excellent rapport with faculty , administration and students. The administration gave excellent ongoing training for all staff including instructors and had open door policies.

One typical day at work would be to set up my classroom with writing on the board for class objectives for the day including any questions I received from students by email. Next I reviewed textbook and course syllabus with students in the classroom and we discussed homework, textbook reading, projects, pros and cons and student feedback of questions about each course.

I learned that everyday has a new experience no matter the position or the audience and that a pleasant teamwork attitude sets the pace for learning for both students, workers,and instructors to share their work experiences.

The hardest part of the job was at the end of each term/quarter or semester saying good bye to those students graduating. The next hardest part of the job was to teach critical thinking and problem solving to young and middle age adults who had never used it in their life. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students smile when they knew an answer to my questions and that they learned to gain trust of themselves , me and other students to ask the 5 critical thinking questions in class to problem solve .
Pros
Pros would be the training MJCC provided to instructors to retain students.
Cons
Cons would be grading essays
Cares about the student's and their Success
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 7, 2012
The hardest part of the job is when you have that one or two student's who just isn't motivated.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when a students gets placed knowning you had a part in it.

My supervisor (Director of Career Services) was one of the best supervisor's I every had. She should be a trainer for new Department Directors coming into the company.
Teaching and learning all in one.
Dir of Crim. Justice and Security Investigations (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 6, 2012
Had a wonderful opportunity to work with all types of persons. MJ was a trade school, so we had all types of learners, young old, rich poor. It was exciting to meet and interact with all these different people. I think I learned as much being there as I taught to my students. I had an exceptional staff of part time instructors who cared deeply for the students. The hardest part, but the best part, was graduation, having to say goodbye to these wonderful people that I had been with for such a long time.
Busy School with High Turnover
Veterinary Technology Program Director (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHAugust 14, 2014
For profit education is alot of work. The hours expected are long and the pay is low.
Exciting and interesting place to work
Print-Shop worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHAugust 28, 2012
days can vary from making copies for a student and picking up the attendance to multiple copies, faxing information, passing out student schedules and placing mail in mailboxes.
Pros
able to do school work on the work/study program
Cons
being extremely busy during school hours when everyone is printing a term paper.
What I gained from working at TWC
Administrative Assistant/Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 11, 2013
It was a good position because I was a full time student. It was convenient and I loved the staff. I did filing, customer service, helped staff members with grading papers, and PowerPoints.
Pros
no driving to work. i was alreay there for class.
Cons
job ends when you graduate.
Enjoyed the teaching staff and the students
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHAugust 15, 2013
I loved working with the students from this school.
The hardest part of the job was getting called in to teach a subject I was not familiar with to cover the lack of staff.
Pros
inservice
Cons
it appeared that administration promoted decision with students and faculty
Overall great place to work.
Director of Education/Academic Dean (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 3, 2012
Miami-Jacobs is a great employer to work for provides great opportunity for growth.
Pros
great employees.
Cons
healthcare
Fun working with others
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2012
I was responsible for reorganization of books and magazines. The only issue I had with this job when we had little work to be done, we had to think of ways to stay busy.
Pros
plenty of time to do work on the computer.
Cons
short breaks.
Enroll graduating seniors into our programs
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Springboro, OHJune 13, 2012
Set appointments by calling seniors off of information cards.
Enroll students after qualifying them for acceptance.
Pros
my co-workers, and our team.
Cons
n/a
Helped students
Learning Resource Center Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHSeptember 12, 2013
Worked in the LRC (Learning Resource Center) and Print Shop.

Miami-Jacobs Career College Reviews by Location