Miami-Jacobs Career College

Miami-Jacobs Career College Employer Reviews

Helped students
Learning Resource Center Facilitator (Former Employee), Springboro, OHSeptember 12, 2013
Worked in the LRC (Learning Resource Center) and Print Shop.
What I gained from working at TWC
Administrative Assistant/Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: no driving to work. i was alreay there for class.
Cons: job ends when you graduate.
It was a good position because I was a full time student. It was convenient and I loved the staff. I did filing, customer service, helped staff members with grading papers, and PowerPoints.
Enjoyed the teaching staff and the students
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Troy, OHAugust 15, 2013
Pros: inservice
Cons: it appeared that administration promoted decision with students and faculty
I loved working with the students from this school.
The hardest part of the job was getting called in to teach a subject I was not familiar with to cover the lack of staff.
Exciting and interesting place to work
Print-Shop worker (Former Employee), Troy, OHAugust 28, 2012
Pros: able to do school work on the work/study program
Cons: being extremely busy during school hours when everyone is printing a term paper.
days can vary from making copies for a student and picking up the attendance to multiple copies, faxing information, passing out student schedules and placing mail in mailboxes.
Overall great place to work.
Director of Education/Academic Dean (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 3, 2012
Pros: great employees.
Cons: healthcare
Miami-Jacobs is a great employer to work for provides great opportunity for growth.
Enroll graduating seniors into our programs
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Springboro, OHJune 13, 2012
Pros: my co-workers, and our team.
Cons: n/a
Set appointments by calling seniors off of information cards.
Enroll students after qualifying them for acceptance.
Teaching and learning all in one.
Dir of Crim. Justice and Security Investigations (Former Employee), Independence, OHJune 6, 2012
Had a wonderful opportunity to work with all types of persons. MJ was a trade school, so we had all types of learners, young old, rich poor. It was exciting to meet and interact with all these different people. I think I learned as much being there as I taught to my students. I had an exceptional staff of part time instructors who cared deeply for the – more... students. The hardest part, but the best part, was graduation, having to say goodbye to these wonderful people that I had been with for such a long time. – less
Cares about the student's and their Success
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Independence, OHMay 7, 2012
The hardest part of the job is when you have that one or two student's who just isn't motivated.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when a students gets placed knowning you had a part in it.

My supervisor (Director of Career Services) was one of the best supervisor's I every had. She should be a trainer for new Department Directors coming into – more... the company. – less
Fun working with others
Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2012
Pros: plenty of time to do work on the computer.
Cons: short breaks.
I was responsible for reorganization of books and magazines. The only issue I had with this job when we had little work to be done, we had to think of ways to stay busy.