Miami Children's Hospital

Miami Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

fulfilling work experience
Customer Service Mgr, PFS (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 5, 2016
Miami Children's Hospital is a non-profit organization. This prestigious institution provides much need healthcare services to children from premies to young adults. All employees (including non-clinical) feel like they have made a difference in the lives of the patients that the hospital and satellite centers treat. Working there was very fulfilling.
a learning experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2016
Without them I would not have known what i wanted to do in my life. They gave me the knowledge to help mold my future. I have been able to try different units to see where I fit best.
Great care to children . management does not work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 30, 2016
For this position , MCH is a great place to bring your child, Patient family centered care is very good The director of this department is a person that micromanage the department , does not let employee work alone, always on their shoulders . Think she know the best . Too bossy , lack of humility and humanism , She does not care about staff as employees nor as persons . She could be disrespectful .She is unfair , Plays favorites . Made decisions based on emotions .
Don't think TM and HR work in this place otherwise she would have been fired already .
Pros
Excellence service
Cons
Management does not work .
Good Working environment.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 18, 2016
The actual construction department managers and staff are wonderful. The transition of the upper management is where it became a micromanaged environment.
Great Company
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2016
Excellent company. Good co-workers at waterford building. We are a family there. Flexibility and opportunity to work remotely. Good benefits and decent salary. The hardest part is the multiple projects all taken as priority. The most enyable part of the job is the flexibility the company offers to IT.
Rewarding place to work.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2016
Nice and interesting rewarding place to work at. I enjoyed working at Miami Children's but I had to a career change.
The best experience with children in my life
Laboratory Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 7, 2016
I enjoy very much this job at Miami Children Hospital and I learn very much to help the children and the parents that were thru a difficult health situations
I draw blood thru the whole hospital including NICU,ICU,Emergency Room Outpatient Surgery and the regular unit of the hospital
Stimulating Fast Paced Environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 2, 2016
Work with nursing staff to restock/set up surgical recovery room. Provide patients with beds, blankets or directing families to surgical waiting rooms.
Him
Director, Medical Record Department (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 1, 2016
This was a centralized HIM department that was in the process of being outsourced. I assisted in EMR implantations as well as the HIM department management.
Fun working environment.
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 19, 2016
Working in a children's hospital is a place where everyone should have a high spirit. Allowing yourself to stay positive, and being creative to make every child as comfortable as possible with their visit or stay.
What I love most about the hospital are the Dr. Clowns that roam around the hospital, to entertain our visitors and guest.
Construction
Fiber Optics & Cabling Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 10, 2016
I was involved in the construction of the newest wing of the Miami Children's Hospital. My first time at a large scale construction site, and it was a great learning experience. Water, electrical, data, drywall, pretty much everything is done in a certain sequence.
Pros
Absolutely zero
Cons
No parking, dangerous, exposure to elements
A great professional hospital to work
Registered Nurse (BSN-RN) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 3, 2016
Miami Children hospital is a great place to work. A typical day is a busy day, but it is peaceful and secure for patient and workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all patients happy. In my experience, Miami Children Hospital has been the best place to work since I live in this City.
N/a
Food and Health Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 1, 2016
The management team over there sucks no work life balance and the culture is horrible. No advancement in the organization.
Great workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2016
Miami Children's Hospital or Nicklaus Children's Hospital is a great place to be employed at. It provides you with a good atmosphere and room to advance.
Nicklaus Children hospital is a great place to work at and allows something new everyday
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Nicklaus Children Hospital can be better if some people are nice to others. Some of old people in their department don't get Along with other departments. The most disappointing part is the older employee that been there 5,10 years do not take an example for the new employee that come to Nicklaus Children Hospital.
Pros
great Benefits and 401k
Cons
Security don't get free lunch.
Positive, caring place to work
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 11, 2015
High paced environment where my multi-tasking skills came in very handy. Worked with a variety of different personalities in all levels from the unskilled laborers to the CEO on a daily basis. Also was engaged in many aspects of customer service with patients and their families on a daily basis.
Pros
Great benefits and a positive culture
Cons
my department was outsourced so I was only there for 9 months.
Caring and thoughtful
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 8, 2015
From working there as a temp I have learned a lot and grew very close to some of the worker. Some of the works was very sentimental and took me under there wings as if I was employee who has been there for years.
Clinical Research
Sr. Clinical Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 23, 2015
I worked there very briefly.
I went back to my old company
Great company, great management, but need great improvement in the clinical research area.
The OR is a very busy place to work and can be very stressful however I love my job and have been there about 10yrs, helping children is worth it
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2015
I am very proud to work for such a facility. They are growing and always have new developments they are working on. Some of the services are ranked top 10 in US News. Neurosurgery is an exceptional group. The OR remains very busy and can be stressful but in the end you go home knowing you did something good.
Pros
It's an amazing facility. Farmers market on fridays, new introp MRI coming soon.
Cons
The OR is very understaffed, so you have to work past your shift often especially summer which is the busiest time
Mch
UNIT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 20, 2015
Enjoyable part of the job is working with my colleagues and learning from them. Overall, its a decent company to work for.
Pros
team players
Cons
budget cuts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miami Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Miami Children's Hospital Reviews by Location