Miami Children's Hospital

Miami Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

productivity of the day, being able to help others
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and giving them relief
Cons: not enough pay
I loved working at Miami Children's Hospital. It brought me joy to make a difference in my work environment.
Fun work environment with great people interaction.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting patients and families with information they need, and interacting with the children. The one downside to the position is if the hospital census is too low, my shifts get cancelled. As a permanent employee, I am not always guaranteed my weekly hours.
MCH
UNIT CLERK/COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 27, 2014
It is a good company to work for.

I tend to patient, doctors, and nurses needs. I have learned organizational skills, communication skills, how to be a team player and how to take lead. My Co workers are great ppl to work with. The hardest part of the job is that I'm no longer fulfilled...The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE BLACK!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 23, 2014
Pros: patients, benefits
Cons: co workers, pay, gossiping, no respect, drama
Harsh but true! I've always heard rumors didn't believe until I work there. Horrible place to work if you're not Hispanic. 0 respect. No room for growth unless you you speak Spanish. The director was clueless knew nothing about nursing or anything medical. When I first started working I asked my boss if she brings her kids to mch her response was h*** – more... no if I'm not the clock I stay away from this h*** hole. – less
It is an excellent Hospital taking care about all the children;s neccesities and I learned all that I know in reference to them.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2014
I performed a good work, It was an excellent job and I think I met my goals during this wonderful years.
Good work environment, poor staffing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 7, 2014
Enjoyed caring for patients. Staffing was always poor. Management was not very present. Nursing team was good.
VERY INTERESTING AND DIVERSE SETTING
Office Coordinator, Adolescent Medicine (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 12, 2014
A typical day at work I verify insurances and billing issues. i assist the front office staff if needed. I answer any phone calls routed to me. I attend to meetings for any changes that may be happening within the hospital.
Excellent Organization
Clinical Staff (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 25, 2014
Poor management skills. HR should be more involved investigating specific departments. The directors are humiliating their employees and not supporting them. If the employees are continuously resigning because of a department director's behavior, the hospital should take immediate action to resolve this matter. The clinical staff is not appreciated – more... and the director continues taking wrong decisions affecting the entire department (TCT-School Nursing). – less
Great Company; Management needs to get involved more.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: decent training, but could learn from other hospitals.
Cons: management needs serious hr training.
Overall, a great company with a great culture. Doctors and nurses are the best anywhere, and they truly care. Of course there are still the nurses that "eat their young," but they are dwindling in numbers. In the management area, there is very little support, and the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. Also, some serious HR training – more... is needed for the management; if for no other reason, to avoid a future lawsuit. Salaries are Horrendous! The company is a good place to work overall; however, or I wouldn't still be here. – less
Extremely Rewarding
Practicum Student (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: extremely high intensity
The hardest yet most rewarding job I have ever had. I worked 45-50 hours a week for a year while interning on the psychiatric unit. It was a crisis unit and I loved the work. It was stressful and it took its toll on my personal life but I finished the program and came out not only a better person but a fantastic therapist/clinician.
Great experience
Paralegal (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2014
Working in a hospital was extremely interesting. I saw the behind the scenes and enjoyed being part of it.
ok
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: kid oriented, staff friendly
Cons: disorganized
the lady i volunteered with was a bit too picky, and blamed me for putting papers incorrectly. What i think really happened is that she provided me the wrong papers and i put it in the envelope just like she asked. The staff is very nice though, and miami children hospital is a nice environment.
Receptionist duties
Receptionist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Answering calls, taking appointments, insurance info, and transport patients.
Enjoyment working with Children
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2014
A normal work day was very exciting, to be able to work with great Doctor's and nurses and to be able to help with the children. It is also a great learning adventure.
Politics over patient care.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 16, 2013
Pros: employees are dedicated, hard working and friendly. employees want to do the right thing.
Cons: ignores compliance issues, culture of fear, lacks strategic planning efforts, losing market share, ripe for take over, laden with consultants
Poor executive management, lack of strategic vision, reactionary, management treats their employees like 2nd class citizens. Lack of compliance and culture of "don't ask don't tell." No collaboration and most of senior management is out of touch with what is going on around them. Management team is consumed with implementing several internal projects – more... at once, doing none of them well or missing execution of goals routinely. Both employed physicians and senior management more worried about selfish personal interests vs. putting Hospital and programs first. Senior Mangement does not support each other. – less
Polticial Environment
Lean Process Leader (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 3, 2013
Pros: nice staff
Cons: political
Not a lot of opportunity for growth. Nice Staff.

Lack of accountability among leadership.
The best Hospital in the nation, excelent pediatric medicine, care and love for the patients and their families, professional and well prepared nurses
Registered Nurse (Internship Rotation) (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 29, 2013
Pros: we have a lot of help such as a phlebotomist, respiratory therapist making team work very important
As we all know the Miami Children's Hospital is the best hospital exclusively for children. It has several specialty programs and educational programs for us and our family.

A typical day at work starts always with my expectation that something good and positive will happen (such as a smile from a little one and his family) and that I will learn something – more... new. I started my day with enthusiasm and positivism because that was what I wanted to convey. The first thing in the morning was to received report and assessed my patients; after that planning my day and prioritized my duties. I learned a lot of things during my time at Miami Children's Hospital at Neuro Floor such as different kind of approaches, how to use certain equipment, prioritizing, discharged process, teaching (parents), how to deal with different kind of people and how to approach them and of course documentation.

My co-workers were excellent, approachable, hard working and acknowledge. They showed me the true meaning of teamwork. I enjoyed every single day working (leadership rotation) there. – less
Great company to work for. Left because my husband took another job in another state.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 28, 2013
Pros: pay
Typical day in the admitting department was triaging direct admissions. Assigning bed placement for all admissions and transfers. My co workers were fabulous to work with. We were a small team of nurses. Everyone shared the work load. The hardest part was satisfying the scheduled admissions when the hospital was full and we did not have a bed for them. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was making the admitting process smooth for the parents and children. Seeing their appriciation for making it easier to deal with. – less
A place to learn
Pharmacy Technician Internship (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 15, 2013
There is a lot of work to do all the time and some tasks are very time sensitive. Made me great at multitasking and gave me the opportunity to really learn my stuff under pressure.
nothing at of this world
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 1, 2013
benefits not that great pay was okay management was unpleasant

1 2 3