Miami Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Work place
Child Life Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2017
Management had favorites and a lot of unfairness. Staff was very divided and roles were not clear. I managed playroom and on selective days had bedside activity with patients and families.
Pros
Children
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2017
It was a great experience working there. I love it!
The staff, and management was very fair. I learned a lot working for that company. I would recommend it to anyone. Thank you.
Pros
Great
Cons
Great
what I learned
Psychology Extern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2017
To provide adequate individual, group, and family interventions to patients in crisis and who are experiencing trauma, anxiety or severe depression within an inpatient hospital
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 25, 2017
I completed volunteer work in which all proceeds wen to Miami Children's Hospital. The hospital itself does offer a great amount of aid to sick kids in need in South Florida.
great place to work at
Leader I (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2017
answered phones and attended clients in person to meet their needs as soon as possible.
enjoyable part of job was helping others reach and obtain what they needed or what they were there for
Amazing experience
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33155August 18, 2017
Hospital environment is very friendly , everyone's always smiling. Great benefits , competitive pay and room for growth. Schedules do conflict with school .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Constant schedule changes
Best place to work and learn skills
Enviromental Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 5, 2017
I have a lot of fun working on Miami childrens hospital very nice place to work ver helpful and friendly coworkers and staff
Pros
Benefits 401 k vacations and sick days paid
Cons
Work on wekends
Overall Miami Children's is a good place to work
EIP service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 2, 2017
Management in some departments are unprofessional, there is no employee confidentiality and even though management is aware of it they don't care. Gossip, and favoritism is always in place. Management in some department don't know what it takes to do a job well done and they don't like to get their hands dirty to assist others all responsibility always goes to others.
Pros
Great place to work, great benefits
Cons
Management is unprofessional
one of the best places to work in Miami
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 15, 2017
its alwas a joy to bring smiles and sunshine to the sick kids and their family, the environment is def kid proof and friendly, you're allowed to be FREE and still do your job!
Pros
lots of fun at work
Cons
lots of fun at work
Good place to work at
Bilingual Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
Miami Children's Hospital is a hospital that offers services for patients of all ages. However, Miami Children's Hospital focuses on children. They have very professional doctors and nurses.
great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2017
At this volunteer job my duty was to play with the kids staying at the hospital due to illness. It was a very rewarding feeling to know I could at least make them smile.
great place to work
Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJune 12, 2017
insurance verification, pre-authorization, handled all incoming calls and correspondence dealing with insurance and authorizations.Review as well as medical records updating to meet standard of JACO
Pros
working with children
Miami children miami
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 9, 2017
A typical day at the hospital was very productive. I entered data in HIM System. Assisted medical staff and patients with requests and concerns. Multitask and prioritized work. Problem solved.
I learned a great deal with professionals as well as para professionals from the medical terms used down to the diagnosis of the patients.
Management team was great.. Any needs or concerns they were there to help.
The workplace culture was mixed with lots of different cultures..Everyone learning others cultures.
The hardest part of the job to keep up with the physicians as well as patients and visitors at the front desk.
The most enjoyable job is working, learning, and growing with all the knowledge that one institution brings into the community.
Pros
great learning experience with room to grow
Cons
more parking available for employees
Wonderful Employer and Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 31, 2017
Leadership care about staff. Room for advancement within the healthsystem. Several facilities within 4 county radius.

Reward and recognition program is excellent - you are acknowledged for a job well done and years of service.
Pros
Leaders and coworkers genuinely care
Cons
Traffic to/from main campus location
Excellent place to work
PBX Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2017
I worked at Miami children's hospital on two separate occasions for a total of 12 years and I have to say that it was the absolutely best place I've ever worked and I loved it
Fun workplace with friendly co-workers
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Miami Children's Hospital. The work environment was very relaxed and management was never looking over your shoulder. I had the ability to grow as an engineer while working there as I came in when they needed someone with my skillset the most.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
On call
Very stressful place to work
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 4, 2017
Over worked and under pay, too many responsibilities at the same. Not an immediate supervisor at the time it was needed...............................................
A company with a great mission!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 29, 2017
It is a privilege and an honor to serve the children! They are what motivates me to go to work every day.

You will enjoy your work depending on what department you work at. If you work in the Human Resources department you will definitely enjoy your work. Stay away from IT, the CIO is a bully! Some of the Directors are also bullies.

Professional Services, The Foundation and Marketing are nice departments to work in.
Miami Childrens
Materials Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 30, 2017
Staff and Management are all very kind and respectful to one another. They pride to teach and support one another. Always making sure their own current staff is learning and willing to move up one day within the organization.
Pros
excelent quality and food
Cons
Some Admin C level are Racis
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Bosses do not micromanage and advocate for the employees and allow them to do their jobs, it is a great place to work everyone here is friendly and you have great teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miami Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2