Miami Correctional Facility Employee Reviews

Nope
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Bunker Hill, INJuly 5, 2016
If you enjoy being talked about, thrown under the bus, back stabbed and worked like a dog this is the place to be! You do not get any lunch breaks, forced to work mandatory overtime, management is unethical and unlawful, forced to work alone because they can't keep people longer than 6months so you are short staffed all the time, veteran staff are bitter and you get treated as if you do not exist. You are just a body to man a station. The inmates are the least of your problems. The job is easy, it's the employees that make your career difficult!
Pros
Job Security
Cons
productive, never the same day
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Bunker Hill, INJuly 24, 2016
typical day at work would be coming in and going to roll call where you will be told where you will be working. Then you would get your count letters and head to your house/post. Safety and security is most important and accountability. Co- workers are decent.
Best job ever until current management took over
Secretary 3 (Current Employee) –  Peru, INJune 28, 2016
Much favoritism shown to "pet" employees. Work is hard and management is not supportive. Too much work and not enough employees to accomplish facility goals.
I enjoy working here Just want to be closer to Family.
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Bunker Hill, ILOctober 4, 2015
I like working here. I am trying to get closer to family in Covington, In. and Danville, Indiana. I am on a unit With 2 other officers Watching over 204 Offenders. I have done motor (driving around facility. I have done in takes and people going home. I have run computer that controls all doors in unit.
Stable
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Peru, INMarch 4, 2013
After 13 yrs of dedicated service and 4 different superintendents the facility as a Management aspect is unbelievably wrong, Yes the state has a creed and a Mission statement and they want u as a low level intern to follow it, but the higher ups don't follow them. Be very cautious if you apply here, they will back stab you in a heart beat, it is the good ol boy system up there starting with the Major on Down, if your are not like by them than you will have a heck of a time promoting up, and doing your job.
Pros
good benefits, time with family
Cons
overtime, managment
correctional facility for adult offenders
Correctional sergeant (Current Employee) –  Bunker Hill, INMarch 29, 2013
Incumbent works in a correctional facility for adult offenders I am responsible for following post orders maintaining order supervising and controlling offenders and thier activities. Incumbent works on an assigned shift in a specific unit/or post under general supervision of a correctional lieutenant.Incumbent maintains the security of the unit as well as the safety of staff and offenders while ensuring daily activities and programs proceed on schedule.
Pros
the work is physical emotional and mentally demanding
Cons
no breaks at all and the healthcare is not that good
Harder than I figured but enjoyed it none the less.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, InMarch 23, 2013
There really was no "typical" day. I learned that some of the inmates are human too. Management was very unusual and always changing. My co-workers ranged from great to back stabbers. The hardest part was trying to follow the rules because they seemed to change almost daily. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking through the gate at the end of the day...ALIVE.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no unity
long hours stressful
Correction Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2013
A typical day at work watch inmates on the range for twelve hours. I learned you cant trust anybody in prison. They are all out for themselves dont care about you. The hardest part of the job was staying awake on the night shift for twelve hours then every other day sixteen hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers I made alot of good friends.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No lunch break long hours
An ok place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Bunker Hill, INSeptember 10, 2013
I had to start work at 12:00 p.m. till 9 at night. Learned how to work hard everyday an I learned how to clean better an take care of a lot of things people use. My co-workers were alright we were all social people no one had any problems with any one or anything. The hardest thing to do was making sure everything is germ free. The most good part of my job was getting my money worth,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Volunteer
Volunteer Minister (Former Employee) –  Peru, INJuly 12, 2013
I was a volunteer ever since the Miami Correctional Facility opened. I minister and teach classes there. They treat you very well and also treat the inmates well. I do not get paid, like I said, I am a volunteer worker. I do need a job with pay.
Pros
Good working falicities
Cons
No pay Volunteer
good workplace in my field of studys
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Peru, INJanuary 9, 2015
Good place to work overall. Had a lot of teamwork in this workplace; i considered it a career. Got many certifications while working here; looking to pursue my career again in this specific field.
Pros
benifits
Cons
work environment
Descent job. Ready for career change.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Bunker Hill, INJuly 24, 2014
Miami Correctional Facility was a descent place to work. Was just ready for a career change. Benefits weren't that great.
Great teamwork!
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Bunker Hill, INFebruary 21, 2013
It is a good job with people you can trust if any trouble arises within the complex.
Pros
job security, teamwork, good people
Cons
healthcare
work well with others
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Peru, INApril 12, 2013
IT was a good job for a ten yrs. But thing got of track between staff and personnel
Pros
goodleadership
Cons
no team work
Depressing
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Bunker Hill, INDecember 8, 2011
This was a depressing place to work. It is a rumor mill and it is a non ethical place to work.
Pros
good money
Cons
non ethical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miami Correctional Facility. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9