Miami Dade College Employee Reviews

Fun and Exciting
Office Clerk - Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 24, 2017
Working as a part-time student assistant gave me the opportunity to learn the ropes in the public sector. I loved my office environment and they way each one was treated fairly. This was my first job in the USA.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
No Compensation
Productive and organized workplace
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2017
Daily tasks are always changing and challenging. People are diverse and friendly. Plenty to learn and management is great. Training is constant to stay informed of current policies and procedures.
Good part-time work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 19, 2017
Good part-time (adjunct), but no benefits. As an adjunct professor, we are treated as independent contractors. Class load is based on need and seniority.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no benefits
Good job, difficult coworkers
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 14, 2017
It feels good to help customers face to face, it was a bit hectic being the only Spanish speaker to handle both walk-ins and phone calls. You learn how to sharpen your multi-task skills with this job!
Great place to work, no job security.
Adjunct Professor of Communication (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2017
Great place to work, excellent professionals, but as an adjunct professor, there no job security. There are multiple opportunities to continue training and learn new skills to help you during the job you are performing, but on the other hand, there is no option to become a full time employee.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No job security, no option to obtain full-time employment
Personable and responsible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2017
-Note Taker
-Provided comprehensive and well structured notes for disabled students
-Transcribed for students and mobility impairments
-Conjunctively worked with professors to implement a growth planĀ  for students
Laid back work place
Tutor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 9, 2017
it only ever got busy when students approached final and midterm exams,every one as mostly friendly, and it was a good environment, assisting students with their school work also helped with practicing my coding
Productive work environment
ESOL Instructor/ English Language Skills GED (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJuly 9, 2017
Learned a lot from staff. Great workplace.
I have attained a tremendous professional growth from students and staff.
All materials and technological resources provided.
Experienced gained
English as Second Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2017
This job helped me grow as a person and as a professional. I was teaching English but I was also learning from my students. Despite the fact that my future profession will not be in this field I learned a lot about intercultural interactions and communication and this will always be valualble for any future profession
Miami Dade College
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 27, 2017
On a daily bases, my office can attended to 150-500 students daily. Due to such a high volume of students, I have learned great customer service techniques and organizational skills. I enjoy being able to meet new people daily and help the get though the Admissions process at Miami Dade College.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 24, 2017
I love working for Miami Dade College. I am constantly meeting new people and able to experience a variety of work environments. The structure is great and allows for exceptional learning experiences.
Pros
Excellent pay and work environment.
Cons
Does not offer many full time opportunities or health benefit.
welll the pay was not good
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2017
THe work you do there at MDC is not worth it . I feel that I can work for 9-5pm for extra money. The reason I left because my supervisor had retired and I know that some changes was coming.
Independent
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
Being an event coordinator requires a lot of patience, independence and familiarity with the kind of events you decide to put together. I love doing what I do when I set events up together.
Productive and helpful
Junior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
the Miami Dade College is a great place for me, was the first job and school I had here in the US. Was a great learning experience, has a lot of fun and had a great time
Overall, it is a good workplace.
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
They offer great benefits and generally flexible schedules. My particular department was a pleasure to work in; However, working and coordinating with other departments was disorganized at times.
Pros
Benefits, Retirement Plans, Paid Time Off
Productive work environment
College Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJune 20, 2017
I learned the thirst individuals have for school and to explore opportunities when they know the resources available and the approach of worker can convince them that learning is possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end result of an individual going to college after all the preparation.
Great, friendly and supportive environment
Counselor Education Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLJune 16, 2017
Miami Date College provides a wonderful experience to provided academia that is relative, experiential and knowledge based to advance and prepare students for successful life and college skills.
Pros
Independence, flexibility
Cons
limitation concourses
Unhealthy work environment
School of Education Professor-Full-time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2017
Very little support is provided to teachers, especially in special education. Limited professional development opportunities. Sad and unethical work culture.
Good to learn but...
Leader Meditator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2017
MDC is a great place to learn how big companies work. But dont expect have a full time job . The budget cuts and high level bureaucracy will show you how the place work.
Pros
you learn
Cons
no benefits
Great Place to work
Senior Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2017
Culture is very close knit. The opportunity for growth is available to everyone that works with Miami Dade College. Several employees have made their careers with MDC. The benefits package is great as well. I'd recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a career change and for a company that allows you to grow professionally.