Miami Dade College Employee Reviews

I enjoyed it
Miami Dade College Public Safety Dept. (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Management was questionable but I enjoyed my time there. I worked for Miami Dade College for nearly 3 years. I learned a lot and did a lot. the students at MDC are great.
Great staff
Substitute Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2016
Had a wonderful experience working with the staff. Willing to let you step up and take on new and creative projects. Great support from department chair.
Fun place to work
Part-time Micro-computer technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2016
• Answered phones for the entire department
• Entered work orders into a program
• Assigned work orders & trouble tickets to techs
• Take the attendance board each morning and email it out to the department
Great workplace, but lack of benefits.
Part-Time Information Specialist Miami (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 6, 2016
Working at MDC is great for students working towards their majors.
The hours are pretty flexible and the supervisors are understanding of your situation. It is a really great environment but the issue is that there's a lack of benefits for part-timers.
Still I would recommend working here if you are a student that needs to make some money to help at home or to pay for your own things.
Pros
Great hours, comfortable work areas.
Cons
Lack of benefits.
Good place to work at
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2016
A typical day at work was to help students schedule their classes, answer phone calls and provide assistance and costumer service to students in regards to the classes they wanted to take.
Is a good work environment with honest and respectful people.
Positive Vibes
Honors College Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33132August 26, 2016
Great place to work with amazing people with a lot of energy and enthusiasm always supportive and very understanding with one another
Great place to work.
Student Life Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 26, 2016
Great place to work but wished they had more Full Time opportunities. I like the leadership and management but one can not make it working only part time. I feel like the position I have now should be a full time job but like so many other positions within the college its only part time.
Best Job I've Had
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2016
Working at Miami Dade was by far the best thing I ever did in college, all the people I worked with were so understanding and they always wanted the best for me and supported me through everything. If I would of continued college, they would of re-hired me for the following semester and I would of gladly continued.
Demanding, with culture of fear
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 20, 2016
The mission of Miami Dade College is laudable. However, there is a culture of fear at all levels of the institution - everyone from the president to the security guards are concerned about their continued employment. This has resulted in management being more concerned about appearance than reality. I feel sorry for the students.
Miami dade college
Program Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at miami dade college for various reasons. For one, i also studied at miami dade college so getting to work from school was not an issue.Learned how to deal with different types of people of all around the counrty
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
bad parking
Internship at Miami Dade College
Intern (Former Employee) –  FLAugust 10, 2016
I worked as a sign language interpreter intern in Miami Dade College. During that time, I would take turns interpreting classes with a national certified interpreter. Through this, I learned how to work in teams, communicate, handle difficult situations, interpret different subjects, and much more. I enjoyed every moment of that experience. Moreover, after each class, the certified interpreter would spend time with me. The interpreter would give sage advise about how to improve my skills. However, I did not enjoy explaining to people the role of a sign language interpreter.
excelent
Custodial Services (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2016
this is a part time , is ok but I need more
the interview was excellent
my co-workers are ok
the most enjoyable part of the job for me is everything
nice
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2016
constructive environment and it was nice and i did like working there. My co workers where other students or teachers. The fun part of my job was helping others and make them learn.
Pros
teaching others
Cons
tutoring 6 people at a time
Very Flexible Job
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33167July 30, 2016
A typical day at work would call for being the eyes or ears of those who can't see or hear. I would be assigned to a class and be responsible for taking notes for these students. If they are blind, I type the notes so that a software can read it to them. I also, would students, blind and with cerebral palsy, take exams by reading the questions and answer choices.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No opportunities for overtime
Fast-paced environment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 28, 2016
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls and making sure that students have all the information correct in their accounts. As well as, help them with any question they may have and direct them to the necessary departments.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No growth or advancement in pay
multiethnic and fun environment.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2016
Good teamwork. flexible schedule.
nice location. the hardest part of the job is multitasking. the most enjoyable part of the job is serving the student community.
It was okay
Admission Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 25, 2016
The environment of work is not bad, what makes it bad are the students that do not appreciate the help that were trying to give to them. Since they see you as a young male/female they might think you don't know what you're doing and sometimes the students treat us with no respect what so ever.
Pros
Get to know the professors, staff
Cons
Pay very little, should be getting pay more since we're working with sensitive information such as passport, resident card, visas and daca.
Work individually and as a team. Good working environment. Co-workers are excellent. Assignments are very easy to complete.
Office Clerk/Internal Facility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 5, 2016
Work environment varies some times is nice and quite on other occasions is very hectic.

Lots of scheduled meetings.

We all work together to accomplish college goals.
Cons
No room for advancement.
student assistannt
Student assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2016
great job if your going to college and need flexibility, great experiance for a first job teaches you lots of communication skills and helps you with customer service as well as build experience in the offices
At MDC I got to get a first hand look at the business world.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJune 17, 2016
I was able to work under a professor, who was not only willing to teach me about the business world, but also allow me to work around my college schedule. The one thing that stood out for me during my work as a student, was the fact that this instructor took the time and interest in giving me a heads-up about the business world. I learned about real business world procedures, time management, dealing with your superiors & sobordinates, working with others and developing good work and business ethics. He ran a tight ship & by the book. While others might not appreciate his style, for me it allow me to develop skills and work ethic that will serve me at any future job I may have.
Pros
I learned real business world procedures that will serve me well into the future.
Cons
Job was an entry level position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miami Dade College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3