Miami Dade College

Miami Dade College Employer Reviews

Fun, until micro management started
Network Technician/Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: co workers were great to work with.
Cons: could not even take a break without being spied on.
First director was a pleasure to work with until she passed away. The new director that got the job was terrible at managing people and did not have any people skills.
More fame than real quality...
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), DoralFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: 5 weeks of vacation.
Cons: vacations are not paid, weak management, dissorganized department.
Initially I was very excited and felt lucky. Moreover, when I read the reviews I felt I hit the jackpot...Unfortunately, it wasn't too long before realizing what it really was: a position in a dysfunctional department. Only Part-Time jobs are offered, but they expect you to amount as is you were in a Full-Time position; be prepared to be fully available. Toxic co-workers, job description is clear and well-defined only in paper. Excessive multitasking, not suitable for people that cannot handle high levels of stress.

Weak Management, and a lot of disorganization, everything is improvised, I had to be in a constant state of alert. The only great day was the On-Boarding Day, everything went downhill from there.
Great organization
Instructional assistant II (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: professional atmosphere
Cons: low pay
It is a great place to work. the work environment involves people of various ethnic and cultural background. I work mostly with students; most of them are from the very community that I belong to. Therefore, it is very satisfying and gratifying to work for the college because it provides me with the opportunity to give back to the community. I must also mention the fact that this organization encourages a professional atmosphere.
Learned a lot
Administrative Assistant to EEC Chair/ Advisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Great boss. Administrative duties included registering and advising students, keeping track of and ordering professor's desk copies, updating master syllabi, posting and creating bachelor's level courses.
Learning experience
Secretary (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: make your own sched around classes
Cons: no health benefits
it was a fun environment. All the professors were nice to me. It was a good experience to be able to go to school and work in the same place.
a serious professional environment
Adjunct Professor of Psychology, Social Sciences (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free training to the professors
Cons: some of the classess were late at night
Worked part time 2 classes a week. I loved the atmosphere, the friendly attitude of co-workers, the opportunity to be part of educating our youth and mentoring our youth.
Under Paid
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Not enough pay while working as a tech. Never had a problem with co-workers, actually loved working there
Great Place to Work!
Human Resources Operations/Records Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Employees are friendly and their Human Resources Department is one of the best in Miami! Great place to work. I would highly recommend.
Excellent Higher Education Experience
Director of Emergency Preparedness (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: busy downtown life
Handles the day-to-day emergency management operations, including the development and maintenance of the disaster preparedness training program
Internship- Paralegal
Paralegal Intern (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great employer to work for, caring mgrs...
Cons: no paid position available after internship ended
This was a non-paying position except for earning the required credits and grade for graduation. If this were to offer me a paid posiiton,I would take this right away. I love the staff team I worked with, and the supervisors were exceptionally wonderful. A great environment and employer to work for. Unfortunately, they don't have a paid position available at their legal department. If you want to work for a college, then go apply for it. It has many great benefits beyond the payroll and insurance. it is hard work and fast paced, yet they work around your schedule if you are a college student either an MDC or other college. Good employer to work for. Don't expect high salaries at local colleges due to budget limitations, but look beyond that- work environment, great employees, supervisors/mgmt, and other excellent benefits that comes with the package.
Enjoyable
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Miami FlJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work would be walking around school all day long making sure everything is the way it's supposed to be. Reporting things that may look suspicious. answering two way radio, and Patrol dispatch. I have learned a lot of responsibility at this job which I am very grateful for because it has mold my character in a great way. I very much enjoy my job as a Loss Prevention Officer, I would like to expand my knowledge even more in this field.
I loved working at MDC
Technology Trainer/Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2015
MDC has been rated one of the best colleges in the nation to work for and that's for a reason. MDC has a great work culture and it really feels like you're making a difference.
Their name is ambitious in bettering your career opportunities
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: using their great name and foundation to sustain a better career opportunity.
Cons: no benefits for part time
Part time work through holidays,receiving no extra pay or time off credit. A typical day is opening and securing doors,securing assigned areas and reporting to base every hour on radio or phone. Checking all safety hazards and emergency exits are clear.
No micro management
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: amazing students
Cons: not enough hours or classes for teachers
I love working at MDC Homestead. I wish I coudl do it on a full-time basis. My boss trusts me. He doesn't micro-manage. I love that he asks for my input.
Productive place to work at.
Parking lot attendant (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2015
If you don't like to walk around a lot then this job is not for you, but besides the fact that you have to walk around, going up and down In different floors, working there has been an amazing experience, I have the best friendly and helpful cow-workers, I can truly say that I enjoy to go to work.
Loved it
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay
Loved all my coworkers and staff. Typical day is answering phone and taking messages.
Great Coaching eniviorment
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: teaching the game basketball and helping young men develop.
Cons: none.
- Morning workouts at 630am
-Check players classes.
-Prepare for practice or upcoming opponent by watching or breaking down game film.
-Attend practice
-Got to high school games to recruit player for the upcoming season
Excellent job environment
French Tutor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: improvment
Cons: part time job
I love to share my french knowledge with the students, that is the most enjoyable part of the work. There is a nice job environment and good relationships between co-workers and supervisors.
Respecful environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: provided only part time hours
CCI at Miami Dade College is one the best departments to work for. The environment was very professional and respectful. As an employee I was able to learned management skills such as, event planning and community involvement. It as also rewarding to be able to convinced and encouraged students to get involve with community organizations.
Fun job!
Media service (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: convenient
Cons: part time
It ws fun cause I worked with provoding media services around school. learned a lot about computers and connections. everyone worked together in a good pace. hardest part was dragging along very heavy equipment but i enjoyed providing electronic help for the school.

1 2 3 4 5

About Miami Dade College

Miami Dade College (MDC) offers more than 150 associate degrees, vocational certifications, and not-for-credit classes from six – Read more