Miami Dade College Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2017
The management is willing to answer question and concerns. The environment is peaceful. My co-workers are very helpful especially the people working the floor assisting customers.
Pros
The food in the student cafeteria is good
Cons
You will be on your feet mostly through out the day
Best place to go to school
Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2017
I think it's awesome. Don't expect Albert Einstein to go there. Almost the best place to go to school behind high paid universities. I recommend anybody looking for a good education to go over to Miami Dade College
MDC is an ideal place. Downtown Miami with culture and art.
Adjunct Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2017
Since MDC is in the midst of the city, it has a very energized life, both for the students and the professors. MDC is very innovative with trainings in culinary arts as well as visual and computer arts. The Wolfson Campus is architecturally interesting as well having top notch programs. The students are engaged and productive, always open to challenge. MDC has a distinctive culture through its city placement and all the informational presentations that are given, from jazz music, to book fairs, to theater productions, to film openings from all over the world, etc. It is a joy to work there.
Pros
The culture of the city and the educational excellence of MDC.
Cons
Being an adjunct
Excellent job
P/T Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 16, 2017
Its a great working environment. Everyone is awesome. We always help and support each other. I have learned a lot working at Miami Dade College. My job is at Miami Dade College is amazing.
productive and fun work place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 16, 2017
I loved to work with the veterans affairs at the college. It was a fun and learning experience. I met a lot of wonderful and successful people at the office.
Very calm enviornment, very pleasant people on campus to work with.
Campus services (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 16, 2017
A Typical day at work for me is coming in and checking with my boss if we have any work orders in for furniture moves in the college or if any set up's for any events need to be made. Also i will go to the campus warehouse and see if any orders have been received or will be coming in. If so i will unload and then stock them into our storage.
Quite and peaceful Job
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 16, 2017
Working here will give you plenty of free time to work on your own stuff. Once there isn't much to do managers will let you work on homework or study on the side. Very help fun if you are a a student with this part time job.
Pros
Lots of free time, Quite, not much work
Cons
Poor management, Unorganized
Productive and fun work place
Part Time Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 14, 2017
A.S.P. was a professional, fun, and exciting place to work. I met a lot of great people and the managers were responsible and trained us correctly so that we could work to our highest potential
Educational interaction at a higher level!
Vocational Instructor/Adult Ed Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami,Fl 33132May 12, 2017
The college presents an interesting vast of personalities and cultures.
The average students gets a chance to interact will different culture, religions, and social-economic background of students at the young adult level.
Pros
Great cultural experience!
Cons
n/a
Fun, yet difficult to move up in this position
GED instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2017
I worked with great people. This was a part time job without much room for advancement. I enjoyed working with the students and it brought me joy when they succeeded. This job, as I said, was part time and did not provide any benefits.
Pros
I love teaching
Cons
We were only permitted to work 25 hours a week

Want to know more about Miami Dade College?

Ask a question
I love going out in the community to various places and acquired the prompting of changes around me.
Housing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2017
I had the opportunity to inspect houses for defaults and became very much interested in the day to day operations. The time that I worked there was somewhat short for what I wanted to do.
Pros
Ability to make a difference in other peoples lives
Cons
Not enough time to be successful
Great opportunity
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 8, 2017
I love this job it a great look for your resume and it helps u get better opportunity for other jobs only thing is the hours and pay it not so good but it's a great experience
Pros
Great for resume
Cons
Not enough pay and hours
its stressful
Part-Time Clerk in Admissions/Financial Aid Office (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 3, 2017
its a good family but a lot of work. very stressful especially when a new semesters about to begin. the hardest part i when there is a very rude student and you have to help them.
Good experience
Part- Time ESOL /ESL Professor (Former Employee) –  Wolfson CampusApril 24, 2017
It was a good experience, although the salary was not so good. However, the experience was good. I met some good interested students from different countries.
It's a great job great benefits and different cultures
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2017
Miami dade college is an awesome work place you always have help there they work as a team respectful friendly you learn different things to work at because it's a huge college and the bad part is that it was part time for only 25 hours a week
A fabulous work enviroment.
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Medical CampusApril 5, 2017
Management is "Super";working for the Medical Campus make us proud of the job we're doing.
-Upon arrival to the office, I'm greed by the staff very courteously and exchanged vivid of prior day. Management exchange information and instructions for the day and future. We have a multi-cultures students/associates, which make us understand and get along with different cultures. The hardest part of the job is leaving " MiamiDade College Medical Campus" ,which I had decided just for personal economy reasons.
Miami teaching
Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2017
Great place to work. Love the students. Several campuses and working each campus has its' own atmosphere. Students are engaged and willing to push through lifes obstacles.
Enjoyed working with adult students teaching reading skills.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2017
As an adjunct, taught a reading course for adult students needing assistance with reading skills for college level courses. The position gave me access to all the amenities required to function and perform my duties as the professor of the course. Enjoyed working in the College Prep Department.
Pros
Enjoyed the facility and working with the staff.
Cons
No personal office space
Productive and organized enviorment
Media Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 20, 2017
The job is really flexible with my schedule and does not conflict with my school. The management is easy going and willing to to help me with anything they are able to.
Fun place to work
STUDENT ASSISTANT/FRONT DEST CLERK (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLMarch 17, 2017
There are great people at Miami Dade College. The faculty and staff are like family and always give 100%. I would like to to stay here for a while. I agree that this is one of the top 10 best colleges to work for.
Cons
Not many benefits for part time employees