Miami Dade College

Miami Dade College Employer Reviews

Receptionist (Current Employee), FLMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
I learn more about people how to manage my job to make people enjoy me.
Productive workplace
Student Teaching and Field Placement Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 6, 2014
Very nice ambiance and collaboration among co-workers. Learned to help others.
Disorganized and Stressful
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Clinical rotations were often mixed up or had paperwork issues or scheduling issues for number of students needed.
Productive and an excellent place to work.
Computer Operator III / Helpdesk (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 18, 2014
MDC has a great management, which it makes a very an excellent place of work.
Miami Dade College is a good place for work and study
Part/Time Librarian Technician I (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: working and stuying
Cons: no healthcare
Miami Dade College is a great place to success, you can work meanwhile you are a staff, or student assistant. Professors and Administrators are very helpful and willing to make any student's dreams comes true. Working with students is very retributive.
Great Experience
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no benefits
I love working here, great atmosphere.Awesome opportunity.
Learning and rich student interaction.
Instructor, Open Lab Coordinator, Academic Adviser (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: job security is uncertain
Do registration for new students, check data bases for student academic progress, tutoring in math and IT topics. Advise students on career paths and curriculum requirements.
Productive and great working environment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2014
This has been a great institution that gave me an opportunity in Information Technology. There's opportunity for growth
A great place to work. I have a high student retention category. My student feedback is also very good.
Professor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2014
A typical day at work can be tiresome especially when you will teach many chapters and review case studies with students. Management of the class room is very easy because I get along with the students. I have good relationship with coworkers. The hardest part of the is controlling some rough students. The most enjoyable is when there is discipline – more... in the class all the time. – less
EXCELLENT WORK PLACE
GED PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee), HIALEAH, FLJanuary 22, 2014
ADMIT, ADVISE AND REGISTER STUDENTS TO THE PROGRAM. REVIEW AND EVALUATE STUDENT'S TEST RESULTS. COORDINATE EVENTS AND ORGANIZE PROJECT FOR THE STUDENTS' LEARNING PROCESS. MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS SEEING THE STUDENT'S PROGRESS AND IMPROVEMENT. MOST HARDEST PART WAS ENCOURAGING STUDENTS WHO DROPPED THE PROGRAM.
a very fun, intresting and enjoyable workplace.
Registration Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: co-workers and management
Cons: pay rate
I spent seven years here and I enjoyed every moment I had there.
I learned many new things and the work days were very enjoyable and pleasant.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Reading Teacher (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 5, 2013
This is a learning environment. this atmosphere is filled with persons who are striving for success.
Not an employee, but an unpaid INTERN at MDC
Paralegal Intern (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 2, 2013
Pros: good benefits, stability, and sensitivity to diversified culture on campus, a pleasure to work there.
Cons: don't expect large salaries or large wages due to public college budget limits
Miami Dade College is an excellent employer for opportunities and offers good benefits as well as paid class enrollment which is part of the benfits for full time candidates/employees. People are wonderful at MDC and sensitive to the college's diversified culture. It is also a fun environment, yet challeging with demanding deadlines to meet. I would – more... encourage any qualified candidates to apply for MDC jobs, full or part time positions where and whenever available. I was an intern for the MDC legal department for one semester and it has been a blessing to intern/work there. – less
a very fun work place you meet people all the time
Public Safety Officer/parking attendent (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 23, 2013
Pros: its free parking when we have events
Cons: we have long breaks
a nice place to work people are very nice there you also meet new people every day a very out going job. the students are very friendly
Very good
Tutor 1 (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 17, 2013
The experience that I gained benefit a lot throughout my two year college.
Working for a college
Part-Time Test Proctor (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 15, 2013
Pros: helping students get an education.
Cons: the hours and pay.
I have learned at lot from working with Miami Dade College. Working with the public has taught me how to deal with people with different backgrounds and life experiences.
productive, enthuciastic, polite,excellent customer care.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FL Kendall campusOctober 11, 2013
Pros: shared a friendly place for luch and or breaks taken in the day.smoke free areas.
Cons: not having a non-smoking area to relax or to take lunch breaks.
A typical day at work was that I always had lots of people to deal with on a daily customer care service but as a receptionist I also dealt with a high volume of phone calls coming in and out the switchboard. Including filling, faxing , coping, receiving and delivering mail via email or regular mail (letters).
Second, I learned to manage a great amount – more... of responsibilities with customer care services great people skills. Management team very outgoing, polite, caring, and professional.
Third, co-workers, dealt with different people at the employment facility but, I just treated everyone with respect no matter whom they are nor looking the age nor any kind of preference at all with other co-workers involved.
Hardest part of the job involved not been understood at minimal circumstances with dealing with my surroundings other than that addressed situations as proper and to view both points of view if their was to be a miss understanding of any kind; overall not much too complicated. I consider my self very polite and honest on my job place. Finally, the most enjoyable part of the job was when the employer performed a meeting per-say the respect for others and saw how the company showed their thanks to all employees by conducting a reunion with the employees to thank us for the hard work and care demonstrated through the hard and achieving work throughout the years. – less
Team Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 1, 2013
my overall summer fun experiance providing me with the knowledge to advance.
I worked in Campus Service
Duplicating / Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2013
As a result of further departmental reorganization initiatives the College eliminated my position.
Great School to work for just outside of Miami
Assistant Basketball Coach/Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 12, 2013
Pros: the city of miami is great!!!
Cons: part- time, no benefits!
Miami Dade is an Excellent place to work for, however it is also part-time and due to the expensive real estate throughout the whole city, it because too much for me to handle so I took another job that paid less but I was able to save. There were times in Miami where I could barely eat, so I had to get out of that situation.

About Miami Dade College

Miami Dade College (MDC) offers more than 150 associate degrees, vocational certifications, and not-for-credit classes from six – Read more

Miami Dade College Photos