Miami Dade College

Miami Dade College Employer Reviews

excellent environment for working and studying.
EAP Lab Tutor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 2, 2014
Pros: working with adults
Cons: no benefits
I love teaching although it is a hard task .
My co-workers and I work as a team .We have an excellent relationship.
The most enjoyable part is to feel students satisfaction in relation to my job.
The hardest part is, required time preparation .
I can manage it professionally.
An outstanding institution of learning for people of all ages.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 30, 2014
I feel that this institution is a great place to grow and develop.
Flexible and Diverse WOrkplace
Academic Advisor/ Reading and Writing Tutor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 29, 2014
Miami Dade College allows their employees to exhibit their talents in an environment that is willing to reward hard workers.
Excellent experience
Adjunct professor for test preparation (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 12, 2014
I enjoyed working at different levels, preparing 3rd, 5th and 9-10th graders for the FCAT and juniors/seniors for the SAT.
Good people
Student assistant/ Duplicating department (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 5, 2014
Student assistance not that hard. I loved the department i worked for.
Intern (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 3, 2014
The hard work here paid off. I exceeded my own expectations.
Observe and Report
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 22, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: salary
Help with the securing of all building on campus as well as the parking lots. Job can go from 0 to 60 in a matter of seconds. High paced and demanding at times, with several down time gaps. Rewarding at all times. Great stepping stone for a future Law Enforcement Officer.
busy
Receptionist (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: part time
Busy college assisting students with application. Love people and assisting them the best way i can.
To much red tape
Adult Ed. Program Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 20, 2014
Pros: the name of the college carries weight
Cons: 80% of staff is part time
it is very hard to get things done, there is no commitment from the college over 80% of the staff is part time
Just a Student
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 13, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: i was only a student.
I worked for MDC as a student. It was an intership part of the nursing program. I had fun at the hospitals. I learned in all of the rotations. I especially enjoyed Neuro ICU at Jackson Memorial Hospital and Mother baby at South Miami Hospital.
I learned different nursing skills, but the most important thing I learned was to think critically and understand – more... the things that could further complicate the patient's condition.
The professors and the experienced nurses who helped me throughout my rotations were very competent and hard working. I enjoyed every single day of my tenure at MDC. – less
My favorite job so far
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 12, 2014
This was a student assistant job. I was able to still do my job effectively while focusing on my studies. It's very convenient to work at school even though the pay wasn't very great. I liked it overall.
challenging and fun place to go to school
Campus Technology Assistant (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLMay 7, 2014
Pros: understanding of school, access to labs and other resources
Cons: part-time benefits are horrible and getting hired is a long process
Everyday is new challenge being computer repair , doing graphic projects , etc . That said , the people are friendly and understanding but like having updates on their request on a daily. Those on top don't provide us with a lot tools but at the same time. They give us freedom to complete are task which is really nice and let us do it our way. The pay – more... is fair but the school tends to ask a lot from you so before you know it your doing free hours. Its great place to get a start but as soon your ready find something better. – less
Academic Institution that serve Students First
Lab Tech (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 6, 2014
Pros: great academia enviroment
Cons: pay isn't good for the work being asked.
A typical day at work would consist of preparing a lab for the upcoming days. I learned many Molecular Biology skills that otherwise I would never have learned. Management is very political but lenient. Co-workers are down to earth and great to be around. Hardest part was being stretched with the time and duties. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing – more... the difference you make in a students life when a lab runs smoothly. – less
Ok place to work
Data Entry/Information Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 26, 2014
The benefits are awesome, working hours are convenient, but doesn't pay much for the amount of work you have to do.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 22, 2014
My experience so far has been great. I like being able to change a students idea of what they should expect from college. My superior has been excellent and co-workers helpful.
Miami Dade Legal Dept Internship
Paralegal Intern (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 13, 2014
Pros: love the the supervising and coworker staff. very caring and fun people to work with
Cons: no paid positions available after internship ended.
An excellent place to intern on campus. Very student-friendly and supportive of internship programs. I wished this internship would transition into a hiring job position. Unfortunately, there were no openings or availability due to budget constraints. Wonderful and caring supervising staff on campus.
N/A
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 2, 2014
THIS JOB ISNT MENT FOR LONG TIME IF YOU ARE A YOUNG STUDENT THEN IT IS GOOD FOR YOU BUT I YOU HAVE REAL BILLS THEN ITS NOT WORTH IT
Dynamic environment committed to educational advancement.
Part-time Attorney, Office of Legal Affairs (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 31, 2014
Dynamic environment committed to educational advancement.
Best work Experience
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 14, 2014
Pros: we were a family there
I worked there as a part time, 25 hours a week, Monday to Fridays and occasional Saturdays. A typical day at work would be me sitting at the office, working on projects given by my manager, looking for new Software\Hardware solutions to improve the end user user experience when taking classes at out department. I would also receive calls from the staff – more... to address issues, from password removal, password reset, to access to servers and hardware issues. Most of the times i would work on site next to the employee. I learned a lot of things, in this field you can never say that you know everything, it is a field to big and there is always new technology coming out, and by working there i learned new tricks to keep myself up to date. My coworker were awesome, i learned a lot from them and they learned from me as well. – less
Receptionist (Current Employee), FLMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
I learn more about people how to manage my job to make people enjoy me.

About Miami Dade College

Miami Dade College (MDC) offers more than 150 associate degrees, vocational certifications, and not-for-credit classes from six – Read more