Miami Dade County

Miami Dade County Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Court Records Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 27, 2014
 Transport sick, injured and recovering patients.
 Administered First-Aid.
 Report facts concerning accident or emergency to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
My Experience working in a social service capacity
Child Development Services (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 27, 2014
* A typical day at work: Always dilivering excellence to clients by grreting them and seeing them on time for their appointment, Interviewing clients to determine their eligibility, veryifying information provided by applicants, answering and returning phone calls in a timely manner, providing VPK certificates, record keeping, maintaining and updating – more... files.

* I've learned that you may want to help everyone, but not everyone will endup being satisfied.

* the style of management was participatory, had an open door policy, and motivational

* Majority of workers were team oriented and professional.

* When i have to turn down an applicant because they did not meet the requirements for the service.

* The amount of people I am to give service to for the day or even reffering them to other available programs. – less
I loved the interacting with people.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: the work was consistent and non stop
Cons: sometimes i would need help when there were over 50 clients a day
This was a ground breaking program awarded by the State for 4 year olds to attend school. I found the job interesting to say the least in that I was always busy. Being able to convince parents this would be a great experience for their child to kick start their education. Being it was a new program lots of parents were skeptical. It started off with – more... 20 interviewers and after two years I was the only ne running the program. – less
Love this job
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: on the bus route
Cons: job was short term
This job required me to dress professionally which I like. I was able to ride teh bus and metro rail easily without a lot of walking. The office duties kept me busy. I was able to meet different people.
Social Worker (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: county discounts
Cons: tax cuts
A typical day maintained clients files and completed documents in a timely manner. Maintained updated statistics monthly. Maintained a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment.
productive and fun place.
South Florida Internship (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 25, 2014
Responsible for performing clerical and administrative duties in an office setting. Assists executive assistants and secretaries by sorting mail, filing, answering phones, greeting clients, scheduling meetings, and restocking supplies.
Great place and great people
Mayor's Executive Intern (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 10, 2014
I assisted with the development of the Social Media department.
Participated in meetings for mobile app development for the Property Appraisal Department.
Participated in meetings with Commissioners in order to improve their accessibility to their district.
excellent place
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2014
The county offers great advancement opportunitites and is a fun place to work.
Great
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 6, 2014
Great learning experience, ability to grow and experience administrative skills to enhance.
A typical day at work
Elections Logistics Technician (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 5, 2014
We work really hard, it must be remembered to the smallest detail.
My day varies,sometime it's a fast pace and sometimes it'very slow.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), FLMarch 1, 2014
Pros: you are by yourself, no company
Cons: i can always use more money!!
I have learned to be patience and to always pay attention to everything that is around you. I have a very nice of coworkers that take part in helping and assisting each other to keep a safe work place. Sometimes the hardest part is to stay awake throughout the day and trying to stay on schedule.
Very Good Work Environment
Clerk & Customer Service Provider (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, pay rate
Cons: healthe care
Typical Work Day 8am to 5pm, Customer service doing different projects in a timely matter. Very good work environment friendly coworkers. Hardest part of the job putting together contracts for delivery, The most enjoyable part of the job was thee independent work.
great employer
Office of the Property Appraiser (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2014
great employergreat employergreat employer•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the
Transit System Safety Specialist
Transit System Safety Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2014
Monitored and prevented potential workplace safety hazards through routine inspections and training; accurate and up-to-date documentation of policies, procedures, and data; and investigations into accidents, injuries, and unsafe conditions. Interfaced with facilities management and made recommendations on safety related issues. Developed, maintained, – more... updated, and enforced policies and procedures including the following: Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Emergency Action Plan, blood borne pathogen procedures, personal protective equipment procedures, and Safety Contingency Plans. Revised policies and procedures to minimize potential hazards. Initiated and conducted safety audits and inspections of facilities to ensure compliance with local, state and federal codes and regulations. Identified problems with the Miami Dade Transit Safety System Program and coordinated with the areas to correct the system and ensure proper functionality. Performed walk-throughs for safety inspections of the facilities including fire systems. Ensured compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations through comprehensive inspections and communication. Maintained prominent display of the Cal/OSHA required safety bulletin. Investigated accidents and injuries. Documented the injuries; detailed the events leading to, during, and after the accident; and made recommendations to fix hazards. Identified, recommended, and implemented ergonomic changes to reduce health and safety hazards. Provided and presented disaster relief and emergency preparedness training and materials. Developed and oversee periodic safety related drills in the rail division. Participated in safety certification including design, construction, integrated tests, emergency drills and training. Conducted and support FTA-mandated safety audits. Chaired the Union-Management Safety Committee. Monitored daily work injuries (First Report of Injury, etc.).Developed and monitor safety goals in the transit system division.
LAN Cargo – Miami, FL – less
Quality control, and attention to details.
ELECTION SPECIALIST QA TEAM (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 23, 2013
Pros: good schedule
Cons: parking lot
It's a good environment place where simultaneously many employees working hard doing their duties to get the results, after having been checked by the quality assurance team.
Fast-paced, demanding but satisfying
School Readiness Policy & Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Miami. FloridaOctober 25, 2013
Pros: well remunerated position and being able to assist low-income families.
Cons: no cons. demands were well handled.
Day would normally start by answering queries/complaints from clients, providers, funders or State either in person or via telephone (i.e. termination of services, appeals, review of assessed fees, staff). Very likely, attend management meetings regarding regarding requests from the State or funder. When requried, provide quality assurance prior to – more... monitoring of case files. Position taught how to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Co-workers were all hands-on and assisted whenever the need arose. The hardest part long hours that work demanded. Solving clients´problems was the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Good
Auditor (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 15, 2013
I work with wonderful people under the direction of the board. Beside my job as an auditor, I have to do budgetary and legislatives analysis. The hardest part of the job is at the exit conference, management is sometime reluctant to accept the finding in the audit report.
CCS 2
Contract Compliance Specialist/OSS 2 (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 14, 2013
Pros: continued education, workshops, self improvement courses were encouraged
Cons: being laid off.
The Construction Unit supports a professional staff which includes an Engineer 4, 6 Construction Managers, a Technical Services Planner and a Contracts Compliance Specialist 2. The Unit supervises several contractor and professional firms. Strict compliance with contract documents, current regulations, policies and procedures is critical to the timely – more... and proper implementation of the projects. I conducted bid meetings and was responsible to assign the awarding bid to the appropriate candidate. Upon completion of projects, ensuring payment is made. Because we were downsizing I took the responsibility of office duties. The hardest part of my job was getting collaborating departments to follow thru on a timely basis in order to complete our department’s responsibilities. The most enjoyable part was working with the Contractor and vendors and working with a manager that was by the book and therefore allowing him to be fair with all the employees. – less
Very Experienced
Roadside Roving Crew (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 8, 2013
Skills
8 years of professional landscaping and natural area/wildlife
Previous forklift experience
Miami Dade County Public Schools
Math Coach (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 29, 2013
Being from Miami, Florida it was a pleasure being able to back to the community I grew up in and teach and mentor students from my old community.