Miami Dade County Employee Reviews in United States

Good Benefits
Call Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Great Benefits but like any county job politics rule over everything. So it does not allow you to enjoy or state your opinion without someone calling you out .
Pros
Benefits and 401 k
Cons
No job security all based on budget
Great working environment
Clerk Typist II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for this department tremendously, my co workers were warm and empathetic people. We worked with the indigent population of Miami Dade county and the employees in my office had great compassion for the clients of the Community Based Organizations which we funded. The clients were our first priority, if the CBO performed well with their clients they were often appreciated through an increase in funding, if the CBO performed poorly and did not meet the needs of their specific population they were defunded.

My boss was a superior supervisor, because of her I was the first in the office to learn how to use a PC. She sent me to every computer training class imaginable.
Pros
Great benefits, great boss, great environment
Cons
none that I can think of
Productive and great place to work
Personnel Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Miami-Dade County was a great place to work, rated A+ with job promotions. Great benefits. Their training and certificate program is the best; work-friendly place with a very good support system for employees and customer services. My colleagues had a wonderful support system and believed in team work. I loved working HR, and the opportunity to work for Miami-Dade County, I learned a lot. The hardest part of my job was closing payroll, time management was a MUST. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting the demands of daily and bi-weekly payroll processing; taking care of employees issues with resolutions. And greeting new hires.
Miami-Dade County volunteer programs, and Goodwill Ambassador Crops is one of our best community services.
Pros
Educational Programs and Opportunity to advance
Cons
Parking, Budget Cuts
Productive and hectic place to work
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 23, 2016
A typical day started and ended with a number of payroll related questions, recommendations on possible disciplinary actions and reviewing of job descriptions for submittal to the centralized Compensation Unit. The management at the Aviation Department was always supportive and willing to listen to my comments about decision that would effect the department. My co-workers and peers knew that I was there to support them and as I felt they were there for me.
The hardest part of my job was giving an employee the notice that they were being laid off. The most enjoyable part to my job was solving a problem for an employee no matter what the problem was.
Government work: it is as expected.
SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 16, 2016
The IT department in Miami Dade County: Water and Sewer is an sort of an exception to the "government mentality". Only because the people in management work really well together, and have a great managing style. I loved the management, but the work environment is less than satisfactory.
Pros
Cons
Not even a working coffee machine in the whole building
Rewards longevity
Court Records Supervisor - Phone Information Unit (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work consists of assisting the public to with their driving needs. I have learned quite a bit about Florida law as it pertains to driver's licenses. The hardest part of the job is also the most rewarding, and that is dealing with the public and the various personalities.
Country club of Miami
Pro Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2016
This workplace is only busy during the winter. The energy level of everyone their is something that is very draining . The hardest thing about this job is that there was nothing to do. With this being the issue new management makes you find things when there is nothing to be done.
Enjoyable work enviroment
Court Records Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 1, 2016
Preparing all new incoming file jackets for court proceedings, scanning legal documents into court system. take payment for court cost and payment plans. Docketing court pleadings using docket codes.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Not enough supplies
Good company to work for
Driver Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
The best thing about this job is the relationship you build with the clients.The pay should be more hourly because it is a part-time position along with paid holidays. That's the reason for the high turnover rate with this department.
Cons
No benefits
na
CSR I / Telephone Installer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 6, 2016
good place to work, was always a challenge to work with different to make sure that the customer was satisfied at all time.
great people
PROCUREMENET CONTRACTING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 29, 2016
several paths for growth within Miami Dade County, excellent way to expand skills and serve the community. Great people all around!
good place to work
Investigation Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Miami floridaOctober 6, 2015
fun place to work with supportive management. the most enjoyable pat of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. the office started to get crowded d the organization grew.
Great Place to work
Miami Dade Water And Sewer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Hard work, but it all helps to keep water in the county clean. We work fast and efficiently and complete tasks in a timely fashion
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Working in inclimate weather
Fast-paced, demanding but satisfying
School Readiness Policy & Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami. FloridaOctober 25, 2013
Day would normally start by answering queries/complaints from clients, providers, funders or State either in person or via telephone (i.e. termination of services, appeals, review of assessed fees, staff). Very likely, attend management meetings regarding regarding requests from the State or funder. When requried, provide quality assurance prior to monitoring of case files. Position taught how to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Co-workers were all hands-on and assisted whenever the need arose. The hardest part long hours that work demanded. Solving clients´problems was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
well remunerated position and being able to assist low-income families.
Cons
no cons. demands were well handled.
Great Organization, Benefits will change in 2014
Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2013
County makes work stress free--as possible. Citizens can give you a hard time. I was able to learn a lot of civil procedures for personal knowledge on how the system works. Employees are great, truly care about you. However, moving positions or just moving up, takes way too long. Positions that are open on their portal are rumored to be already taken before interviewing begins---guess that the down side to secure positions.
Pros
great coworkers, benefits, job security
Cons
moving up, state low budget will remove most current benefits by 2014
Overall
CORRECTIONAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 17, 2015
I loved my job and the people who I was surrounded with. The work load was manageable and my day flew by with ease. Even though most of the inmates walked around with their freewill, I was never nervous walking by them.
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
1 YEAR PROBATION
PSA (Manual Laborer) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 27, 2014
Typical day at work would consist of mowing, weed-eating to doing trash pick ups. I've learned how to become a complete employee and how to finish things i've started. Thought hard to communicate at times management is average. The hardest part of the job is the manual labor. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you're maintaining a natural, family friendly environment. Co-worker are friendly and hard-working.
Pros
natural environment, employee benefits
Cons
really hot, short breaks, physically demanding at times
Awesome place to work
Administrative Officer II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2015
Great work environment; awesome benefits. The employees are old school and laid back which lessens the stress and drama.
Manager
Parks Recreation Manager (Current Employee) –  MiamiOctober 12, 2015
I over see the day to day operation for the Ives Estates Park Zone. I oversee 5 staff members, I managed park contracts, the hardest part of the job is dealing with a smaller budget to get the job done. The fun part about the job I get to work with the community.
Productive and a good place to work at.
On-Call Judicial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 21, 2012
Friendly atmosphere, learned a lot about how the State works. Typical day at work was preparing all legal documents, including the files, making sure attorney was ready when it was time to go to court. The hardest part of the job, was going to other Courts to pick up records for Discoveries. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with other attorneys on a day to day basis.
Pros
health insurance, job security advancement.
Cons
lack of salary increase.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miami Dade County. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4