Miami Dade County Employee Reviews

Very Flexible, Comfortable environment, No benefits (Part time)
Library Page (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2017
I am currently employed as a part time Library Page in the Miami Dade County Public Library system. This job is great in regards to Flexibility and the comfortable environment, however, with little to no incentives, I find it difficult remain encouraged to stay as a part time employee under MDPLS. As an employee in any circumstance benefits play a vital role in keeping the individual content and willing to continue their employment. As a Library Page in MDPLS, the entry pay is the maximum pay, there are no six month or one year evaluations and as stated before, you are ineligible for all benefits.
Would I suggest this job to other people? Yes I would, however, I the library system does not seem to be for me. This job is very comfortable, low stress but in regards to incentives to excel there seems to be very little.
My SUmmary
Computer Technician Level I (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 27, 2017
I was a temporary worker doing several processes.

Work for me depended on the election size and amount of voter voting

Overtime opportunitty was often during peak periods
Pros
Money guaranteed
Cons
Temporary Job
Good Place
Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLNovember 26, 2017
Miami Traffic is a challenge. But Overall MDC is a excellent employer. Work is well balance with life. Great benefits, salary and excellent work environment.
Work
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLNovember 22, 2017
My overall experience has been great working at MDC started my career path which I'm grateful for. Now I'm looking forward to relocation and starting a new chapter.
Communication issues
Clerk of Court-Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 10, 2017
The job itself was wonderful. Loved working with the public, attornies and coworkers. But the lack of communication from managers or those in command made it stressful due to budget cuts.
Administrative Officer 3 (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2017
I love my job, I come every morning to work with a great attitude. I get along with everyone. great environment, diverse cultures. is very secure and great benefits.
very hard job
Retired correctional officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2017
Every day was a learning experience working with inmates. The hardest part of the job was keeping officers and inmates safe. Typical day at work was making sure every inmate was safe and housings are was clean.
Pros
pay was very good
Cons
management
Diversity
Systems Analyst II Programmer II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 1, 2017
Excellent Flex scheduling. Without a doubt Family comes first with this company. Management goes out of the way to accommodate special needs and family priorities. Circumstances are seen in a contextual perspective. Excellent benefits and pay.
Most excited company to work for learn more about how the system work.
Pole Inspector (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 23, 2017
Most importation part is working for Miami Dade County is very excited learning and working with peoples ,learn how to work with system. oversee how very imporation the world are run by the laws Most hard part is make sure you able , to stand for long hours most enjoyable you meet so many different peoples that really need support went coming out to vote,learn different things about the voting,The day of the voting is a very importation business day of your life ,have to be alaert at all time.I will always be apart of there team.I learn alot about how the system work peoples confident information be kept personally no mistake on their paperwork when submit it in the system.Help the handicap. peoples with respect and honor them with patience
Pros
Accomd.you with free parking.
Cons
Make sure you are potect .
Worked there for 18 plus years
Rail Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2017
Great place to work but can be rather stressful at times. Enjoyed working with the Metromover startup and Metrorail expansion projects, as well as the central control upgrade project before i retired in December 2015.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Politics
Productive, good benefits, paid leave, secure positions, full hours and good job advancement when you are a full time employee.
Public Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Maimi, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Part time entry level is ok but only temporary. Try your best to achieve a full time position. The county is involved in the diverse culture of Miami.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits for part time employees
miami dade election department
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 3, 2017
best place to work nice environment nice people and great opportunity to learn new desktop support techniques good paid and hours great support from all de employees
this is secure as long as there are no budget cuts
311 Call Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 28, 2017
311- was good pay but annoying after 2 hours of complaining .
Fleet an awesome place to work . The county is great for it benefits and its vacation time
job and professional standards reference dade county corrections and rehabilitation
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  2525 nw 62nd st Miami Florida 33147August 24, 2017
my job consisted of providing safety and security to MiamiDade county incarcerated indiduals commuting back and forth to various locations. As correctional officer i continued to practice my many skills previously learned as a correctional officer trainee with Miami Dade County Florida,which included but were not limited to crisis intervention and conflict resolution. at miami dade corrections and rehabilitation the management was firm but fair on professional standards which included punctuality,dress code with a strong emphasis on professional conduct with the public in general. the work place culture was diverse and rewarding on many levels. the hardest part of the job for me was the apprehension and detention of subjects who threatened public safety, when verbal conflict resolution was unsuccessful due to subjects violent and uncooperative demeanor. I enjoyed working with fellow officers and supervisors who shared my goal of public safety as well as fostering overall facility peace in an often chaotic environment.
Pros
good pay good benefits
Cons
you have to constantly interact with individuals who to be violent sociopaths by nature
Average
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2017
Meet people with opportunity to grow. Varied work tasks, interesting projects and occasional travel. Job can be stressful with long hours and a variety of people.
Pros
Meet people
Cons
Stressful
High school drama
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2017
The job itself wasn't hard nor bad, it was the people. Working there was like being back in high school drama. And the supervisors did not make the drama any better.
Pros
Most of us were not being micro managed.
Cons
High school drana
productive,fun,
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 21, 2017
friendly environment quick paced and competitive .Learned to be patient and how to deal with frustrated people. management was great typical day was great.
Great workplace
Museum Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 18, 2017
Stable employment with decent salary and great benefits, very professional management, very diversified workforce and a nice way to provide services to residents
Pros
Benefits, wage
Cons
Privatization
productive high volume invironment,can be sresstful at times.
Correctional Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2017
Working environment is tremendous, staff is great, working with prison inmates can be and experience over all you have to maintain a certain balance between yourself and the prisoners.
Pros
great benefits, paid vactiaons and promotion availabilities.
Cons
Overwhelming amount of work.
Great benefits and the work load is balanced
Clerk of Courts (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2017
It's a steady schedule unless there is a trial set, in which case you will get to do some real good OT. I learned a lot about court procedures. Management has room for improvement. The workplace culture is based on seniority. The hardest part is job security as the department goes into budget reviews every year and 'adjustments' must be made. Therefore, if you are not vested in the company or are the new addition, you could be laid off. The most enjoyable part is the different cultural events held in the county.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Money collections for multiple events.