Miami Dade County

Miami Dade County Employee Reviews

great place
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 26, 2015
Good pay and benefits. However it can be very political. There is a lot of bureaucracy in the County, and you have to deal with it.
Productive and professional environmnet
Administrative Officer 2 (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Temporary position
A typical day at work was very fast paced and productive. I learned the ins and outs of architectural and engineering procurement. My co-workers were human, there is good and not so good in everyone. There were no hard parts to my job but the most enjoyable was interacting with the public
The workplace was physically clean and tidy.
Contract Compliance Officer 1 (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 9, 2015
Pros: the workplace was physically clean and tidy.
Cons: abusive supervisors run the place at every level.
The workplace was physically clean and tidy. Nepotism runs rampant at all levels. It is not what you know, but who you know.
nice quiet work enviorment
File Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 18, 2015
typical day at work consist of going in the office getting my work assignment and completing it by the end of the day faxing making copies scanning documents creating an paperless environment to all designated computer files
election specalist
Election Specalist (Former Employee), FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch drive cars meet new people
Cons: seasonal job
Monitor visitors' activities to ensure compliance with establishment.
Provide directions and other pertinent information to visitors.
Greet and register visitors, and issue any required identification badges or safety devices.
Drive motor vehicles to transport visitors to establishments and voting locations.
Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, operating switchboards, and routing mail and messages.
Good first job out of college.
Eligibility Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2015
My growth potential for my current position is limited. A great job for a college graduate. Meeting new people and giving them a positive outcome is very rewarding.
Good Place
Bailiff 11th Judicial Circuit (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2015
In general is a good place probably they need little more on management
Bus Operator/ Ocl Instructor
Bus operator/ Ocl Instructor (Current Employee), FLJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at work, try to instructing how policy and procedures works. Also, instructing new operator how to operate a bus and how to be safe at the same time.
In a typical day I have learned a lot because I have to do presentation, PowerPoint and be able to explain in detail every aspect of the job required.
Management has one point of view teach well the policy and procedure.
With my Co-workers they're very supportive and we worked together to bring one common goal, created unity among ourselves to bring forth a better training unit.
The hardest part of the position are the physical aspect of the job, to always be in your best and bring your A game.
The most enjoyable of my position after 10 weeks of intense training, watch the new operator graduate. That's priceless
The Cage
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 18, 2014
Pros: excellent pay, lively enviroment
Cons: seasonal work
Working for this branch of the Elections Department was rather interesting working with the voting equipment and testing to make sure that they are reading the ballots properly and accurately. The Testing of the ballot was a true mental test seeing as the average precinct has a minimum of 3 voting machines and with over 800 precincts, all of these machines had to be tested and approved repeatedly before – more... being sent out on election day. Two weeks leading into the election Absentee Ballots begin to get processed, they have to be sorted and stored based on precinct number, the team that i was on were the ones in charge of making sure all ballots we in proper order before being fed through the tallying machines. After the election all ballots are stored away in boxes and kept for 5 years. There are also digital versions of all ballots stored for good measure. The last set of task that we had to complete was copying all data from the voting equipment to hard drives all while in The Cage. – less
Productive workplace with political involvement.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 5, 2014
Election time sensitive work. Warehouse logistics, very fast paced and productive. Quite interesting to be a part of an election and to see behind the scenes of the preparation of a national election. Great workplace. Hardest part of the job is loading and unloading of election materials as well as election equipment deliveries county wide. Management very well planned strategy to execute a project or daily task.
productive and fun workplace
Utilities Chief Executive Assistant (Former Employee), FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: holiday pays
Enjoyable and ethical. Nice co-workers, knowledgeable management, and fast peace environment.
Productive workplace
Court Records Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 27, 2014
 Transport sick, injured and recovering patients.
 Administered First-Aid.
 Report facts concerning accident or emergency to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
My Experience working in a social service capacity
Child Development Services (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 27, 2014
* A typical day at work: Always dilivering excellence to clients by grreting them and seeing them on time for their appointment, Interviewing clients to determine their eligibility, veryifying information provided by applicants, answering and returning phone calls in a timely manner, providing VPK certificates, record keeping, maintaining and updating files.

* I've learned that you may want to help – more... everyone, but not everyone will endup being satisfied.

* the style of management was participatory, had an open door policy, and motivational

* Majority of workers were team oriented and professional.

* When i have to turn down an applicant because they did not meet the requirements for the service.

* The amount of people I am to give service to for the day or even reffering them to other available programs. – less
I loved the interacting with people.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: the work was consistent and non stop
Cons: sometimes i would need help when there were over 50 clients a day
This was a ground breaking program awarded by the State for 4 year olds to attend school. I found the job interesting to say the least in that I was always busy. Being able to convince parents this would be a great experience for their child to kick start their education. Being it was a new program lots of parents were skeptical. It started off with 20 interviewers and after two years I was the only ne running the program.
Love this job
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: on the bus route
Cons: job was short term
This job required me to dress professionally which I like. I was able to ride teh bus and metro rail easily without a lot of walking. The office duties kept me busy. I was able to meet different people.
Social Worker (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: county discounts
Cons: tax cuts
A typical day maintained clients files and completed documents in a timely manner. Maintained updated statistics monthly. Maintained a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment.
productive and fun place.
South Florida Internship (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 25, 2014
Responsible for performing clerical and administrative duties in an office setting. Assists executive assistants and secretaries by sorting mail, filing, answering phones, greeting clients, scheduling meetings, and restocking supplies.
Great place and great people
Mayor's Executive Intern (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 10, 2014
I assisted with the development of the Social Media department.
Participated in meetings for mobile app development for the Property Appraisal Department.
Participated in meetings with Commissioners in order to improve their accessibility to their district.
excellent place
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2014
The county offers great advancement opportunitites and is a fun place to work.
Great
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 6, 2014
Great learning experience, ability to grow and experience administrative skills to enhance.

1 2 3