Miami University Employee Reviews in United States

Not a Great Place to Work
Service Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Oxford, OHJune 14, 2016
I don't recommend working at Miami University. They tend to take a lot more than they give. They take advantage of salaried employees by forcing them to work holidays and weekends without any compensation.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Poor Pay
Friendly workplace
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHJune 5, 2016
Good work atmosphere
Flexible
Less stress
Close to where I live. Be able to walk to work.
Multiple assignments to achieve
Many challenging issues which help myself to develop several skills
Great workplace for a Student Employee
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHMay 18, 2016
While it was sometimes difficult to create a balance between work and school, Miami University provided excellent support in and out of the work place. A very great faculty along with an enriching experience; Miami takes care of their student employees.
Pros
some free lunches, friendly faculty, great location
Cons
time management between work and school
Good, solid company for which to work
Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed the position, the atmosphere, and people at Miami U. The management was focused. My co-workers were knowledgeable. The situation allowed me to acquire experience with the applications and services being used on the campus. The only negative part of the job was the distance I had to travel each day (35 miles each way). But even that was not all that bad. I would do it again if I had the chance.
Good
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHApril 18, 2016
A good place to work, in order to perform the duties no TAs are assigned. Responsible for the entire courses, exams, labs, lectures. etc.
Terrible
Technician for hardware (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHApril 11, 2016
Treated all there employees as second rate nothings, Would never listen and rather lay blame down on anyone that has no political connections
Pros
they are bad ppl
Cons
It was is fun place to work.
Senior Building Service Worker Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHMarch 8, 2016
I learned a lot about the collage setting and the people within. PFD was more like family than a work place. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and around.
Great family enviroment
Defensive Line Coach and Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHMarch 5, 2016
Great university, great area, great job. Quiet and beautiful place to raise a family. Great employer and employee relationship.
Rewarding place to work
Master Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 26, 2016
Having worked at Miami for 30+ years, I've had the opportunity to work with some very intelligent and ambitious students. Many have gone on to establish very impressive careers in business and politics, among others.

The most difficult part of the job was always about the 'red tape.' As a higher educational institution, there are many political agendas that dictate what the University can and can not do.

The most enjoyable part was the students. Watching them come in as first year students, who were nervous and not very confident and then see them graduate as confident young men and women, who want to change the world in some way, be it big or small - that was very rewarding.
Pros
Discounted classes
Cons
Too many irons in the fire at the same time.
I was a student
Musician (Current Employee) –  Oxford, OHFebruary 5, 2016
It was an ok company. I did not do any thing other than be a student. It needs more teachers who are willing to relate to their pupils.
Pros
Esteemed college
Cons
Poor people skills, not friendly, and very superficial
Beautiful campus and reputable institution
Learning Specialist-Coordinator of SEP (Current Employee) –  Oxford, OHJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoy working with the students at Miami University. It is a flexible work environment if you have children. The salaries are low but the benefits package is pretty good.
Miami University is a very nice place to become employed. Miami University cares for their employees and the environment in which we work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHJanuary 18, 2016
Very friendly environment, structured to perfection, an all around great job to have, with many incentives to succeed. Miami University makes sure that each employee works in a safe environment. Each employee must obtain an access badge to gain entrance to work areas. Miami University also offer many health benefits, as well as, tuition benefits for students who are employed through their University.
Pros
Discounted food prices, health benefits, and great opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Had to be at work at 4:30 am
Fun place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHDecember 17, 2015
This was a very relaxed job that is easy to do. The co-workers are fun to work with and people are willing to cover shifts when needed.
Fun place to work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, OHNovember 30, 2015
I have enjoyed being a resident assistant at Miami University. I have gained many transferrable skills that I will use in my professional life in the future
nice campus
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 26, 2015
It is a beautiful small campus. People are very nice and helpful. Fun work place with supportive management. Do research on your own pace. Have less pressure.
Nice place to work
Instrumentation Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHOctober 12, 2015
Campus is very beautiful and benefits are great. All departments are working in high efficiency and there are plenty of support among different departments.
Wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to get a job there
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHOctober 9, 2015
Co-workers and Students are great to work with and for. Other than that, If you want a job that you are very much under appreciated, under paid, walked on, and yes again VERY MUCH UNDER APPRECIATED. If that don't sound like a job for you then i don't believe i would go there to work. Walmart or Krogers would be a much better choice. Or even McDonalds.
Pros
Co-workers and Students
Cons
Management has totally ruined this place
student job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHSeptember 29, 2015
This was a not for pay position that allowed me to work along with the staff and students, assisting data entry for a study.
Productive and fun work environment
Conference Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford, OHSeptember 9, 2015
I really enjoy the fast pace, detail and people oriented, challenging work environment. I have grown a lot from working with this institution.
I was an research assistanct
Senior Design Member (Former Employee) –  Benton HallAugust 13, 2015
It was good, only a few hours a week but I didn't get paid in dollars, I was paid in credits to graduate. I was working on a project to study condensation on different plates.