Miami Valley Child Development Centers Employee Reviews

Dedicated ECE agency committed to quality services for children and famileis.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 11, 2016
* 40 hours plus/week
* mission and values of corporation to provide children and families quality services intact and administration is dedicated
* diverse working culture
* a bit top heavy in management (my opinion)
* most enjoyable is seeing families and children growing in a position/ healthy direction in life
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 27, 2016
The balance between working with children and working in an office setting makes this job ideal. Learning to work with childcare centers in the community is fun.
Great Place to work
clerk (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 3, 2016
I love my job I stay busy I have learned a lot about child care policies and procedures. I place orders for all materials and items needed for the daycare facilities. I place all office supply orders and distribute to staff members for four locations. The job is not hard at all. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the children.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No breaks 1 hour lunch
Busy work
Clerical, Administrative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 27, 2015
Very busy work environment, offer lots of opportunity for employees to move around. Would have continued to work there, but due to illness in the family, I have to return home.
Interesting place to work.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 28, 2015
A typical day would be for a classroom staff of 2-3 to provide a safe structured, fun filled day with the head start children.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
lack of support
Love working with and for the parents. Exciting to see them accomplish their goals.
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 3, 2014
My work day varies from day to day. I can have home visits to meet with parents to set goals and find out if family has any needs, complete applications to enroll children into the program, plan parent meetings, parent trainings, or male involvement activities. I could be helping teachers in the classroom, I could be dealing with a crisis with a parent or a family, I could be completing paperwork that is due by the end of the month to the supervisor or i could be spending the documenting in the files. My day is never the same and I am definitely busy. The teacher, myself and the parent are partners and we help each other. My co-workers are helpful and we share resources for our families. The hardest part of my job is when I am unable to find that resource that is able to assist the family. This is another time I will use my co-workers as well as my supervisor as they may know of a resource I do not. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have parents that I have been gone out of the program for years and they still call back for my help because they said I made such a big difference to them and their family. I have learned that this type of work can be stressful but I am here for the parents and I can help change lives for the better I know I have made a difference.
Pros
Summers off, every major holiday off and two week paid time off for Christmas
Cons
Costly family insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miami Valley Child Development Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Miami Valley Child Development Centers Reviews by Location