Miami Valley Hospital

Miami Valley Hospital United States Employee Reviews

I WOULD RECCOMEND THIS PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT MORE GOOD THAN BAD
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: OK BENEFITS
Cons: BRINGING IN CONTRCATORS
I LIKED MY JOB GOOD PLACE TO WORK UNTIL THEY BRONG IN CONTRACTORS BUT OVERRALL I LIKED MY JOB WAS A VERY PRODUCTIVE JOB WORKING WITH MIAMIVALLEY WAS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE GOOD ONE
excellent place to grow
RN, Neurology Advanced Care Unit (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 10, 2015
many opportunities and education benefits. manager presence depends on unit/department. current issues include nurse shortages
This was a family owned Temporary Agency.
Temporary Clerical Employee (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 18, 2015
I worked as the receptionist for the main headquarters for this Temp agency. I worked with the owners. I loved this job as well. They treated me as if I was family. My baby and I, who was an infant at the time, were often invited to some of their family functions and dinners. I did the basic office work such as answerng phones, making copi, I put in the hours for the other temps and printed adn mailed or distributed the payrooll checks. Typical receptinist duties. I no longer worked for them when they called me and todl me about the position and Miami Valley.
Very busy unit
Intensive Care Unit-Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Trauma is very exciting and high paced. Great group of co-workers. plenty of opportunity for growth professionally. 12h shifts
fun loving enviornment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: having the opportunity to build great relationships with people.
Cons: losing patients due to death
A typical day at the job was very fast paced due to the nature of the med surg patients. I learned various medical procedures at this job that ultimately made me very knowledgeable with caring for all patients. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the lost of some of your patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is being exposed to numerous people which ultimately allows you to build great relationships..
fast work pace
Housekeeping/Environmental Services (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: can win tickets to buy meal tickets and work supplies.
Cons: short break
Fast moving workplace manageing and cleaning. Like working with my co- working.
Change in Healthcare
Patient Access Representative - Medical Billing (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Change in healthcare was beginning to occur with electronic filing of medical records and billing programs to accommodate the breakdown of charges provided to patients for insurance claims. Crossover training for all areas was welcomed to the billing team from registration check-in to check-out. The hardest part was downtime. The best part was the sharing among team members with new ideas or suggestions to improve operations.
bad time
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: management
management was horrible, Hr doesn't help, basically youre noting unless youre an RN it seemed like, only thing I enjoyed about working their was interacting with the patient and care giving, but more times then less you couldn't enjoy that due to being understaffed and having 15-18 patients for 12 hours a day
great benefits though
Always oppurtunity to advance within company
Sanitation Attendant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 10, 2014
I really like working there was fun and educationaland co-workers were great. Just they changed mangement to much always trying to change things and positions. Which once you got use to the system they would change it. to Fustrating and confusing and lost movation didn't know what to expect from day to day.
supporting staff
cook (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 8, 2014
Pros: staff supportive
Cons: cut in hours
I enjoyed working with the staff . My job was preparing meals for the patients. I learned to work with multitask because of the high volume in the hospital. management was very supportive
Fun Workplace
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 21, 2014
Miami Valley Hospital environmental service department was a fun place to work. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers regularly. The managers there were very supportive and understanding. They taught me how to provide patient satisfaction and achieve every goal that was given. The hardest part of the job was cleaning a patient's room while it was occupied. The most enjoyable part was communicating with the patients and meeting new people.
Dependable hours, Good Pay, Great Team Work
Nutriton Associate (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 10, 2014
Pros: pay, team work, hours, over time, shift differential pay, pay roll deduct
Cons: no sick leave, drive time vs. pay, commutation
One of the great things about my job is the TEAM work that we have! when we are short staffed we all try to come together and help each other out to get the job done.
Is a very good pace to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 9, 2014
Our unit had 7 beds so depending on census we had 2 nurses or a nurse and aide. I did wound care, IV meds, insulin and heparin drips, diabetes management, admissions and charting on EPIC, core values, care plans, patient education
Professional and educational place to work
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Staff RN (Current Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great manager in medical icu
Cons: the icu's tend to run short on staff and have to pull from other departments.
MVH is a very professional and educational place to work. The co-workers are all very helpful and the teamwork is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Management Management
Patient Access Specialist-Financial (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good food in the hospital
Cons: communication with management stinks
Terrible management for a smaller company communication stinks and they are all about the money regardless of the situation.
Great co-workers
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 18, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: long work hours
Really miss this place and all my co-workers. Great place to work. Always something different every night.
Lots of favoritism
Sonographer (Former Employee), DaytonOctober 3, 2014
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: poor management in medical imaging.
Weak links in management that's been going on for years. If you don't fit into their clique, scheduling time off etc is challenging. Rules don't apply to all. Lots of favoritism.
Good patient experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good team work, positive work environment
Cons: staffing issues
Typical day at work consisted of admitting and discharging patients. Providing post-op care to fresh c-section patients. Bedside care to new post- partum patients, newborn care for newborn babies. Newborn and postpartum teaching to parents. Assisting in emergency situations, such as as post-partum hemorrhage, infant with a significant color change, code adam alerts (missing infant), violent patient, patient family dynamics and family violence.

Hardest part of my job would be helping the family to cope with an infant death during delivery, IUFD (intrauterine fetal demise). Often we would go and get the baby from the morgue so the mother could see her child one last time.

Most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I made a difference in the life of a new family. I am able to relate to moms with babies in the NICU
Environmental Service Technician (Temp) (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2014
I learned how to properly sanitize public areas and how to keep hospital rooms cleaned a certain way.
Great Establishment
Distribution Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Just needs some improvements. Although it is a great place to work there is always from for improvements.

1 2 3 4 5

About Miami Valley Hospital

Don't go to Florida looking for this hospital! Miami Valley Hospital (MVH)┬áis an acute care facility serving the residents of – Read more

Miami Valley Hospital Salaries