Miami Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

good internship\
Honors Chemistry Lab Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHOctober 15, 2017
good internship. good staff members and physicians. Had a great time learning from some of the best physicians and surgeons in the country. Would like to apply this to future career, whether it be law or medicine.
Cons
Great place to get your feet wet and learn so much
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 11, 2017
This was my first REAL scrub position and I worked a number of different shifts and was on different teams, where I was able to learn a vast variety of specialities that I think have only helped me down the road. There is not much I haven’t done or willing to do. Most cases don't scare me and the more fast paced the better. I am a true trauma junky and enjoy doing the complicated cases. I was able to build positive relationships with my surgeons and co-workers and gained the most experience that I have taken with me along the way.
Pros
Knowledge skills, teaching facility, residents
Cons
minimul breaks, major management changes, managment clueless to the actuall needs of their teammembers
Wonderful place to work
Staff RN, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 29, 2017
Loved it there....wish I didn’t have to relocate or I would have stayed many years. Nursing has a voice with shared governance. You are respected and appreciated.
Pros
Great environment for nursing
Cons
Location...it was in a bad neighborhood
good benefits
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 29, 2017
I don't think that I have worked there long enough to write a review. just like with any job there are some good and bad aspects of the job. It's hard work physically.
Accounting Manager Created Stressful Environment
Account Payable Manager/Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 28, 2017
Arrival was early departure was early.
Learned how to complete a "Proof of Cash"
Manager kept the environment "stirred up" with way too much drama
Had a good relationship with the girls who worked under me.
About the Vally
PCT (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 22, 2017
I had different patients from week to week because I was working in a hospital. I worked with people that I enjoyed and I feel that I got the same feeling in return. We worked together well and there was always someone there to help in any situation
Pros
nice benefits nice employees
Cons
management doesnt do well in hard situations
Enjoyed working with co-workers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 24, 2017
A day at the valley was fun because I was able to make my patients smile even when they felt bad. I met all kinds of people. The nurses I worked with was wonderful. I miss them the most.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
the food in lunch room
great learning experience
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 23, 2017
It is a large hospital and it was a great learning experience, you do feel disposable as an employee because they are such a large company. The pay is equivalent to the work you are required to do there and the 12 hour shifts are nice.
A fun and friendly place to work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 23, 2017
This is a very fast work environment. Most coworkers are helpful if and when needed. I enjoyed working in the general radiology sector.
The CT section is fast paced. This is a trauma one facility and you must be able to work independently.
Pros
Coworkers are helpful and energetic.
Cons
Very fast paced.
Workplace
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 23, 2017
I very much enjoyed my job and I enjoyed the people I worked with. It became uncomfortable when we started "Patient Experience" training. I felt that upper management was promoting a culture of fear and insecurity. I always felt like I was walking on pins and needles.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Upper Management lack of support
Team Lead-Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 16, 2017
Coordinated communication between patients, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, or regulatory agencies
Interviewed patients or their representatives to identify problems relating to care
Maintained knowledge of community services and resources available to patients
Explained policies, procedures, or services to patients using medical or administrative knowledge
Great experience
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 16, 2017
As a student nurse I was able to learn many things from this rotation. I was treated with respect and found the working environment friendly and open.
Premier Health
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 7, 2017
Premier is a monopoly. There are too many things that need to be changed, especially for nursing staff, throughout their hospital systems. Unfortunately, managers on the units are great, but their hands are tied when it comes to doing what it takes to keep their employees happy.
Pros
Great management
Cons
no employee incentives- pay isn't great, high demands of staff
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 3, 2017
A great company to work for. And the pay was not bad for my age. I believe this is a great job for anyone that is in college or still living with someone else.
Hospital that takes great care of the patients
Café worker and Dietitian Caller (Former Employee) –  One Wyoming St. Dayton, Ohio 45409August 3, 2017
I enjoyed the work at Miami Valley Hospital I started out as a cashier in the Cafeteria and then move on to answer calls in the call center from patients ordering their breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Fast Paced
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 2, 2017
During a 12 hour shift, depending on the need you may be required to either work an assignment on the unit doing hourly rounding on your patients, assigned to do one on one patient care, or either float to another unit in the hospital to help out. Working here has really helped me learn time management, hands on and routine training on what to do in certain scenarios regarding the patients. The hardest part of the job, just like any other job would be working understaffed.
Pros
with full time you only work 3 days a week
Cons
12 hour shifts make for long day
Great team approach to Rehab and pt care.
Physical Therapist Asst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45403July 31, 2017
Great opportunity to gain experience in treatment of orthopedics, cardiac, trauma, neuro, inpt rehab, out pt,. team approach with mentoring to develop skills.
Pros
flexible schedule and great opportunity to learn from the best.
Cons
need time to learn the lay out of large hospital campus.
working for premier
Surgical Intensive Care Unit- Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 24, 2017
To gain more education was my main goal. I succeeded. Benefits are horrible. Very cut throat atmosphere in the ICU. Alot of nurse bullying occurs. Was better once I obtained my APRN. Gained more respect after that.
Magnet Hospital
RN, Medical Oncology Department (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 7, 2017
The work was rewarding and the standards were high. It was great to work for such a prominent health care facility. The resources were plenty and the opportunity for learning was impressive.
Pros
High rank hospital
Cons
large company
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 5, 2017
Learned alot, very informative, great employees, room for growth in some departments, overall a great experience, I cant really complain. Pays okay, friendly environment
Pros
Badge friendly
Cons
Insurance rates