Miami Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

fast pace job
Cook / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  1 wyoming stSeptember 16, 2016
a typical day at miamivalley is fast and always moving. you will learn something everyday. management needs to work on following though with what they say. co workers are probably the hardest thing about this job. to many people in a kitchen for long hours. the most part i enjoy most about the job is that you know you will always have hours and the pay is good.
inservices
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 12, 2016
A great company to work with.
Good team work
company is always willing to hear their workers view
bonuses during holidays etc
Pros
get coupouns sometimes for lunches
Cons
short breaks before and after main break
It was a good place to work
Front Desk Receptionist - registrar (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 24, 2016
I in joyed working with good co-workers I started out in housekeeping and work my way up to outpatient registrar and they also paid for school if you wonted to go back
Pros
good benifits
Cons
working weekends
Understaffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 25, 2016
A typical day at work was stressful and lonely. I was looking for that family atmosphere and team work but all I encountered was clicks and unfair practices. Management was wishy- washy. The most enjoyable part of the job were some of the clients I had the pleasure of caring for.
Friendly workplace
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 12, 2016
Great hours, very flexible, willing to work around school schedule and friendly staff. Really enjoyed working with the patients and seeing new born babies everyday.
Nice hours horrible managers
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 26, 2016
I was able to work a guaranteed 40 hours a week. The only downside was the managers and how they treated the staff, some where good but others weren't.
Pros
good hours, not a hard job
Cons
no employee discounts, managers are rude
Great culture
Environmental Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 25, 2016
Its great working there they really try to improve the work environment . The management is inexperience but those for the small things that you can change with training and hiring of new managers.
Cons
short breaks and with the constant logging in and out of different systems
Summary
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 21, 2016
Academic and hands on experience within state of the art facilities.
Expertise in fixed and mobile radiography.
Earned reputation as resourceful, dependable, and flexible with strong ability to excel under minimum supervision. Readily develops rapport with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals. Well organized with ability to multi task effectively while remaining focused on patient care.
Cold and serious climiate
Cardiac Cath Lab Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 6, 2016
Tough place to work as long as you don't go against the grain. Old ways and preferential treatment. All new procedures go to the preferential.
Pros
Busy enough for job security
Cons
Workload is demanding and hours are long
Wonderful Organization
Citrix Systems and Enterprise Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 29, 2016
I gained a great deal of skill from my time at Premier Health Partners. I was able to start there as an intern and work my way up to the corporate level in a short time.
Terrible Communication
Charge- Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 27, 2016
This company has great employees, but terrible communication and benefits considering that they provide their own insurance.
Pros
It's the Regions Leader
Cons
Major staffing issues, no breaks/lunches, critical case loads, poor communication
Very productive, educating, and fun place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 18, 2016
A typical day at work consist of taking vitals, checking patient glucose levels, helping patients with personal care and activities of daily living. Time management, charting, team work, and giving care correctly was very important. The hardest part of my job was learning how to handle many situations and responsibilities at once. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with new people and helping patients as a part of a team.
Pros
Teamwork, clean and friendly work environment, great benefits, great pay
Cons
More than frequent floating, Understaffed
A company I would come back to.
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 13, 2016
Hospitals are hectic. The group of people I work with at Miami Valley are encouraging and understanding. They are always willing to answer your questions and they will help you in anyway they can. The department leadership always wants to see their employee advance and move forward. As I advance in my education I can see myself working with the health network in the future as well.
Challenging, rewarding, taxing, and extremely frustrating.
UNIT COORDINATOR/EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 11, 2016
Unique department, variety, fast pace and first department to see patients. Treat everything from the worst traumas to the sniffles. Deal with multiple departments and level of employees, from doctors and upper management to housekeeping. Learn something new everyday from a new skill to new policies. Coworkers come from different backgrounds and educational levels. Management has different styles and knowledge backgrounds. I coordinate the department which involves setting up for the day, completing the daily checks, order implementation, corralling doctors and staff, working with other departments to ensure proper testing is done at the proper times, assist staff, visitors, and patients. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patients and visitors through education, assisting with needs, and listening to their concerns, life stories, and educating on care, how hospital works, etc. The most rewarding is helping the patients, coworkers, and doctors. The hardest part is mental health care system dysfunction and how the patients suffer. The inability to affection real change and help for those who truly have the need. The dysfunction of the system and the inability to help those accountable for abusing the system and wasting valuable resources.
Pros
Helping others, fast pace, think on feet, and quick problem solving.
Cons
Lack of communication, follow through and consistency by all levels of management, other departments do not understand the unique workings or needs of the department, difficulty getting equipment and repairs done, difficulty finding and receiving educational opprotunities.
Volnteering at Miami valley
Honor Student (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 31, 2016
Volunteering at the hospital shows how people need help. This volunteering shows how good it feels when helping people and is very depressing because a lot of people need help.
nutrition services
Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 23, 2016
I am delivering the patients meals. Answering the phones. Helping prepare the trays for the patients. Rolling the silverware. Helping cleaning after shift.
Environment conducive to learning
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 22, 2016
This dietetic internship at Miami Valley has allowed me to expand my knowledge in skills in an independent way with guidance when needed. I feel fully prepared to enter the workforce as an entry-level dietitian.
Keep looking
No (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 18, 2016
Like any other corporation: keep staff ratios low to save money. Management is fake and uses scripts to do nothing to resolve issues, not to mention clinical issues that have caused harm. Beware, they own the health insurance for employees that is subpar at best. You get no other options. If you are looking for a management position that only requires acting and using scripts with a glib attitude this is the place. They also hire Ebonics as a second language in
billing to answer the phones and sweep the floors. But for management blonde hair and over the top personalities are a must
Respiratory
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 16, 2016
Management makes you feel small, bad moral. Not a comfortable place to work. Very large hospital, lots of diversity and experience to gain if determined. I take pride in what I do and liking my job and I did not like Miami Valley Hospital. I love working with patients and feeling like I am making a difference. I do not enjoy gossiping with co-workers or having my kindness getting taken advantage of. Good luck :)
Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 4, 2016
MVH is a great place to work. I have had many wonderful years there. The leadership will navigate this hospital into an ever changing Health Care environment with ease.

Miami Valley Hospital Reviews by Location