Miami Valley Hospital

Miami Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Works to resolve staffing issues quickly, great teamwork, great resources
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 28, 2015
MVH is constantly working to improve on employee concerns. With constant fluctuations in census and staffing, MVH also utilizes their resources (travelers, incentive pays, float staff, retention/referral/sign on bonus, etc.) to make the best of sometimes difficult situations. MVH utilizes EPIC which is a wonderful system, I've always had great teamwork and enjoy the work I do at MVH.
Busy, energetic place to work. Amazing fellow nurses
Nurse, Surgery Center Admissions/Discharge (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 11, 2015
Responsible for admitting up to 7 pre-op surgical patients on an average day. Patient acquit varied from very sick to healthy. Worked closely with surgeons, anesthesia, and other nurses to provide best care for patients.
ok place to work
Hemodialysis Nurse (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 17, 2015
Pros: work hours
Cons: poor communications
Very fast paced unit. many times we were short on staff. worked long hours. Management slow to hire new employees d/t increased workload
Great Atmosphere
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 9, 2015
Room for career growth and opportunity, positive culture, benefits could be improved upon, management always willing to help, great training and learning opportunities.
great place to learn
Student Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 30, 2015
i completed one of my clinicals here. i learned a lot and the nurses where always willing to show us new things. it was a great place.
I WOULD RECCOMEND THIS PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT MORE GOOD THAN BAD
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: OK BENEFITS
Cons: BRINGING IN CONTRCATORS
I LIKED MY JOB GOOD PLACE TO WORK UNTIL THEY BRONG IN CONTRACTORS BUT OVERRALL I LIKED MY JOB WAS A VERY PRODUCTIVE JOB WORKING WITH MIAMIVALLEY WAS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE GOOD ONE
excellent place to grow
RN, Neurology Advanced Care Unit (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 10, 2015
many opportunities and education benefits. manager presence depends on unit/department. current issues include nurse shortages
This was a family owned Temporary Agency.
Temporary Clerical Employee (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 18, 2015
I worked as the receptionist for the main headquarters for this Temp agency. I worked with the owners. I loved this job as well. They treated me as if I was family. My baby and I, who was an infant at the time, were often invited to some of their family functions and dinners. I did the basic office work such as answerng phones, making copi, I put in the hours for the other temps and printed adn mailed or distributed the payrooll checks. Typical receptinist duties. I no longer worked for them when they called me and todl me about the position and Miami Valley.
Very busy unit
Intensive Care Unit-Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Trauma is very exciting and high paced. Great group of co-workers. plenty of opportunity for growth professionally. 12h shifts
fun loving enviornment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: having the opportunity to build great relationships with people.
Cons: losing patients due to death
A typical day at the job was very fast paced due to the nature of the med surg patients. I learned various medical procedures at this job that ultimately made me very knowledgeable with caring for all patients. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the lost of some of your patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is being exposed to numerous people which ultimately allows you to build great relationships..
fast work pace
Housekeeping/Environmental Services (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: can win tickets to buy meal tickets and work supplies.
Cons: short break
Fast moving workplace manageing and cleaning. Like working with my co- working.
Change in Healthcare
Patient Access Representative - Medical Billing (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Change in healthcare was beginning to occur with electronic filing of medical records and billing programs to accommodate the breakdown of charges provided to patients for insurance claims. Crossover training for all areas was welcomed to the billing team from registration check-in to check-out. The hardest part was downtime. The best part was the sharing among team members with new ideas or suggestions to improve operations.
bad time
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: management
management was horrible, Hr doesn't help, basically youre noting unless youre an RN it seemed like, only thing I enjoyed about working their was interacting with the patient and care giving, but more times then less you couldn't enjoy that due to being understaffed and having 15-18 patients for 12 hours a day
great benefits though
Always oppurtunity to advance within company
Sanitation Attendant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 10, 2014
I really like working there was fun and educationaland co-workers were great. Just they changed mangement to much always trying to change things and positions. Which once you got use to the system they would change it. to Fustrating and confusing and lost movation didn't know what to expect from day to day.
supporting staff
cook (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 8, 2014
Pros: staff supportive
Cons: cut in hours
I enjoyed working with the staff . My job was preparing meals for the patients. I learned to work with multitask because of the high volume in the hospital. management was very supportive
Fun Workplace
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 21, 2014
Miami Valley Hospital environmental service department was a fun place to work. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers regularly. The managers there were very supportive and understanding. They taught me how to provide patient satisfaction and achieve every goal that was given. The hardest part of the job was cleaning a patient's room while it was occupied. The most enjoyable part was communicating with the patients and meeting new people.
Dependable hours, Good Pay, Great Team Work
Nutriton Associate (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 10, 2014
Pros: pay, team work, hours, over time, shift differential pay, pay roll deduct
Cons: no sick leave, drive time vs. pay, commutation
One of the great things about my job is the TEAM work that we have! when we are short staffed we all try to come together and help each other out to get the job done.
Is a very good pace to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 9, 2014
Our unit had 7 beds so depending on census we had 2 nurses or a nurse and aide. I did wound care, IV meds, insulin and heparin drips, diabetes management, admissions and charting on EPIC, core values, care plans, patient education
Professional and educational place to work
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Staff RN (Current Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great manager in medical icu
Cons: the icu's tend to run short on staff and have to pull from other departments.
MVH is a very professional and educational place to work. The co-workers are all very helpful and the teamwork is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Management Management
Patient Access Specialist-Financial (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good food in the hospital
Cons: communication with management stinks
Terrible management for a smaller company communication stinks and they are all about the money regardless of the situation.

1 2 3 4 5

About Miami Valley Hospital

Don't go to Florida looking for this hospital! Miami Valley Hospital (MVH)┬áis an acute care facility serving the residents of – Read more

Miami Valley Hospital Salaries