Michael's House Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Every day was not the same as the day before
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 31, 2014
Entered Dr. charges and lab charges. Prepared Client Agreements and talked with the families regarding insurance and who will be the responsible party. My supervisor was amazing and so down to earth. The hardest part of the job was to not get attached to clients. My co-workers were great as well.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no insurance benefits for per diem
Lvn
LVN (760) (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 10, 2014
I work first hand with Providers on the treatment of addiction and mental health disorders. I am responsible for medication management, scheduling, documentation, first aid, and educational groups on medication management. I work well with all the staff and enjoy working with all of them.
Pros
pto
Cons
the drive is long.
Intake Nurse
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 14, 2014
Complete and maintain accurate records or reports regarding the patients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
Counsel clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
Develop client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories.
Conduct chemical dependency program orientation sessions.
Participate in case conferences or staff meetings.
Coordinate counseling efforts with mental health professionals or other health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, or social workers.
Review and evaluate clients' progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
Interview clients, review records, and confer with other professionals to evaluate individuals' mental and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program.
Assess individuals' degree of drug dependency by collecting and analyzing urine samples.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
high work load
team atmosphere
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 24, 2013
Great team atmosphere between all departments. Provides patient centered care to all that come through the door for treatment of co-occurring disorders. I am the lead RC on the sing shift Sunday thru Thursday. I enjoy doing groups and sitting with patients on an individual basis. My co-workers and I work as a team every shift. The hardest part is watching patients want to leave against clinical advice. The most enjoyable aspect of my position is watching patients get that they need help.
Pros
the team atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael's House. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2