Michael Baker International Employee Reviews

good place to work
Project Manager / Geologist (Former Employee) –  Township of Moon, PASeptember 14, 2017
Very professional organization and staff. They do good work and pleasant to work there for 20 years. poor management decisions led to loosing govt and big contracts which led to my layoff and dismissal.
A great starting point
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 29, 2017
As my first job out of college it was a good place to start gaining experience. In consulting I was able to learn a lot and was able to build up my resume.
Solid Career Pathing Available
Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2017
Company is vested in developing younger talent. The only limiting factor is that only comes with project / client availability, being a consulting firm.
Expanding company, lots of opportunites
FIELD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 10, 2017
I'm currently a field technician for the engineering side of Michael Baker, so a typical day at work is "on site" , inspecting incoming and outgoing trucks that are hauling water for local fracking and drills. Expect to work 3-4 days a week, work every other weekend (3 day weekends), 12 hours a day, and drive to work sites in Washington county.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible schedule, the work is not complicated
Cons
layoffs, unpredictable work load any given day or night
Local office has challenges in a highly competitive environment. Nationally - top of the line folks.
Planning and Environmental Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 20, 2017
While the local office has a challenge in the highly competitive Denver market, it has an excellent staff of talented and productive workers. Nationally - the company has excellent quals and produces top level work products.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Struggle with highly competitive local climate
Professional and friendly staff with project variety
Project Manager/Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2017
Good company to work for with a variety of project types. Projects include federal, state and local work and range from transportation to environmental to urban planning.
Pros
Comparable salary's and benefits
Ok company
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 12, 2017
One day they laid me off saying the work is getting light. No advance warning or options to switch to other offices. Co-workers were also shocked by the decision.
It is a great first job.
GIT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJune 7, 2017
I have been working for this company for almost two years and I am satisfied. It has been a great first job. Travelling for this company has probably been the most fulfilling part so far.
solid firm, excellent place to work
Program Controls Lead (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 29, 2017
Very solid management practices, enjoyable work environment, technically sound firm. Major changes in senior management and long time technical staff is a challenge.
Pros
Very fair
Cons
Large turnover in staff
Easy place to work for
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 23, 2017
Very low stress job. Trusts their employees, lets them do their work. My typical day is just to do my requests without any or little oversight and only get talked to if there is an issue, which there is none most of the time. It is just they do not have positions for my career path.
Civil Associate II (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMay 14, 2017
Good company to work for. Good amount of work to keep you busy. If you try to do well and give you're all, you will succeed. Nice that they give flexibility on work hours.
really
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 2, 2017
Overall, I would compare this company to that of a high school full of intelligent socially award adults. The passive aggressive behavior and snarky remarks seem to over shadow the work.
good place to start, but not very much on personal growth
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2017
This is a great place to gain experience. Management is mostly fair; culture is conservative; hardest part is being frustrated at the lack of individual growth and personal development; most enjoyable part is the comradeship among colleagues and most of the time cross functioning teams are more than willing to help.
Pros
ok benefits
I love this company
Aviation intern- It is my job (Current Employee) –  Moon township, PAApril 7, 2017
The people here are great. Very welcoming and sociable! I really enjoy the atmosphere and type of work I do. I would suggest working for MB to anyone
Wonderful Company to work for with Career Advancement Opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 17, 2017
The Mobile office was a small family like atmosphere; everyone works like a team. There are always opportunities for career advancements. Great management and good benefits.
Awesome Company
Project Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYFebruary 28, 2017
this company truly cares about its employees, and more importantly the communities in which we work! The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the changes that are being made on the Amtrak lines.
Great Place to Work for Advancement
Senior Analyst - Diversity and Inclusion (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 9, 2016
The company provided several opportunities to grow and develop my career. The benefits were competitive and the company allowed me to have a flexible work schedule.
Pros
Talented colleagues, opportunities for advancement
Cons
A lot of recent turnover at the Corporate leadership level
Old office building in need of updating, people I was surrounded by were great.
Map Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 4, 2016
This job was a fantastic learning experience right out of school. The management and people were great. I learned a great deal about myself and floodplain management.
Learned a lot of useful information to help with future employers
Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 2, 2016
The man that hired me gave me the chance to work for their company, which in return gave me some great knowledge on data entry and field work as a utility tech.
Horrible Management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Township of Moon, PAAugust 29, 2016
I worked in the accounting department. for 7 years. While the manager at the time was extremely knowledgeable, they were extremely demeaning and negative. As a result, morale was extremely low. In my experience Michael Baker had a revolving door. Very few excellent employees stayed or were retained. I would search for jobs elsewhere, especially in the payroll dept., unless there has been a change in management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Baker International. Our community is ready to answer.

Michael Baker International Reviews by Location