Michael C. Fina Employee Reviews in United States

Much better places out there to work
Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
Management claims to be a recognition of employees company but doesn't have any recognition of their own employees !!
They do not treat them with any dignity even after years of service.
They really have no care what so ever for their employees.
Management has no feelings!
Pros
Cons
No care for their employees
Good company to work for...Needs stronger Management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 23, 2015
The company's environment is good; long lunches, no micromanagement. The management needs a bit of improvement, and the salaries need to increase. Not so much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Underpaid job
Family atmosphere in an excellent industry
Regional Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2015
Family owned business with hands-on, present ownership and executive management team. Colleagues are close-knit and work collaboratively across all departments. Company is filled with people who care about customers and are passionate about the work that they do.
Pros
great industry, colleagues, competitive benefits
Cons
location
Productive & Informative
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJanuary 5, 2016
A family owned company based out of LIC. I learned how to purchase items, became very familiar with the various items that the company offered their accounts.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
N/A
Positive Work Environment
Security Officer/ Logistics (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2014
On a typical day, I work with management transferring jewelry and money of various types to companies and banks ensuring safe transportation as well as a positive communication to maintain optimal service. I also work with our warehouse division transporting merchandise to and from the store to the warehouse. While at this job, time management is key to insure that both the customer and company are both satisfied with the service in which I am providing. I would say the only hard part of this job would be the elements. Dealing with the weather keeps me up to date with rain, snow, and also traffic on a day to day basis which I have been proficient in managing.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
n/a
a place to have a job until you find something better
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Long Island City QueensOctober 26, 2013
There is not place for growth in this company. I worked in the floor where everything gets done. I heard of a woman working the same position for over 12 years or more. Also, there is not job security so they are always hiring. Plus Salary is low. Must people that worked in floor doing physical work get paid the minimum wage. When I was there they had their workers signed up for metro plus Medicaid insurance. Besides, MCF has a kind of preference to hire Guyanese people at the warehouse. The reason this company has had good review is because HR make sure the workers are happy. HR has set up a very well corporate type of structure. Where they teach their workers goals, the type of benefit they have, creativity, communication and policies.
Pros
they encorage you to be happy at work
Cons
almost everything.
Family oriented business
Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYNovember 30, 2013
Michael C. Fina was a family owned business where management knew you by name. I learned a lot more than I expected about jewelry and built relations with worldwide vendors.

The company would participate in charitable events together.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no advancement
Do not pay well
clerk (Former Employee) –  long island cityJune 9, 2015
good family , But most of the lower level employees are not paid well,

But a good working environment., They try to make you happy but need to pay workers better. You work very hard , the enjoyable part is good co workers.
Pros
Good working enviroment
Cons
Under pay employees
The most enjoyable part of the job
Accounts Receivable Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 18, 2015
You will get to work with amazing individuals who encourage team development and are willing to assist and help you with all your questions.
Great Family Company
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 16, 2015
At the time I worked there it was a developing HR department with no real HR policies in place. The HR Manager and myself reported into the CFO which can be a contradiction in itself. It was a rather large company with high turnover. The family that owes the company is wonderful and very smart. They are present and accessible which helped with employee moral. They definitely lead by example.
Happy Business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New york NYOctober 18, 2013
Family business. I liked the hours and the customer service department was a great place to work.
Pros
awards for tenure
Cons
very few raises or increases
Good "just to pay your bills" type of employment.
Recipient Contact Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 15, 2014
With few if any advancement potential, its' only redeeming functionality is being paid for 40 hrs work weeks.
Learned my career goal
Resource Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 4, 2012
I learned the most in this company. Especially learing my passion for my career goal. The hardest part of this company was leaving. I was unfortunately laid off. I appreciate everything I learned at the company and respect every manager that I have worked with
Pros
health care, helpful managers
Cons
job security
Productive Company to work at
Warehouse Distribution Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 28, 2012
Management really helps to understand our job duties and our goals to reach for the day. I have learn how to work with computers and work in a team
productive friendly workplace
Assembly Tech/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYNovember 26, 2013
Overall great place to work. Great benefits, great hours. Very professional staff and managment
wonderful company to work for
Customer service department (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 24, 2012
a very friendly and open mimded workplace. working side by side with the owners of the company, talking to then directly and the christmas parties for all the employees was just great
Family oriented working environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2012
The hardest part was to say goodbye to those employees that became family.
Pros
enjoying the christmas parties, and the employee discount
good
Team Leader Packet Assembly (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Dealt with packages. which included letters, certificates, and gift boxes.