Michael Kors Employee Reviews

The workplace is genuinely fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 2, 2016
As a sales Associate you learn an in depth knowledge of all products throughout the store, and get to have a personal one-on-one experience with clientele. The most enjoyable part is getting to work with all the other amazing associates and have a really professional, yet fun time with supervisors, and other managers.
The Hardest Job of My Life
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 30, 2016
When I first was introduced to this high end retail store I did not think my life would turn for the worst. A cut throat business that deals with pressure selling and peddy coworkers and managers.
Good job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 24, 2016
A typical day at work is fast-paced.
I learned a lot about organizing products to create the most appealing store front for the customers.
The management is very kind and organized.
My co-workers are encouraging to the new employees to learn all product knowledge
The hardest part of the job is learning all the product knowledge quickly, because customers will ask detailed questions all the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such great people.
Pros
great discounts, fun environment, sales skills development
Cons
short breaks, hours based on sales volume
Productive and enjoyable workspace
Michael Kors Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 22, 2016
Good management team for the MOST PART
Very understanding with school schedule
Awesome team
Good employee discount
Meeting new people
Learning a lot about the retail industry
Productive and fun work environment. Awesome employees.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2016
Awesome work environment and friendly management team. Takes time to move up in the company. Great benefits for full time employees. The company is always looking for bright and talented individuals. Be ready to work tho.
Pros
Benefits package. Annual pay increase. Awesome staff. Fun work enviorment
Cons
Long hours. Work every holiday. No overtime
productive and fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCNovember 17, 2016
I love the fact that all of the people get along and we are culturally diverse. Every one is always happy to be at work. No one complains, even the customers love coming to the store. We get paid to basially make friends.
Fun Environment
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, GANovember 15, 2016
The work environment is fun and lively. Working as a Cashier is easy and straightforward, but can be tedious at times. A typical day at work involves a lot of maintenance: cleaning the cashwrap, replenishing bags, etc.
Productive and a fun-filled work environment
Customer Service Provider/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TX 77494November 15, 2016
I loved the environment at Michael Kors. Every day I got to meet different people from all over the world. I learned how to provide the best customer service and to assist the needs of others. The management was very organized and they motivated me and my team to the fullest. I loved my co-workers. It was a competitive environment when it came to sales, but we always helped and pushed each other to succeed. The hardest part was when business was a little slow and we had to meet our sales goal by the end of the week. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting and helping so many people. I got to meet and learn about so many different cultures.
Challenging role to take on
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2016
The typical work day for a Shop Manager consists of pulling sales reports from the previous day,week and month to forward in the daily recap due to the DM. Once the racal is don you have to attend to your shop making sure that all new merchandise is out and properly displayed, this means spending some time off the floor retrieving new or old merchandise from the stockroom. The challenges I faced was the lack of support with back of house procedures from my retail partners as well as a staff which were unmotivated.

On the plus side, I was able to gain more knowledge into the cooperate side of things, writing reports and hosting proper product knowledge seminars. My direct manager was one of the nicest people I have ever met and used her knowledge to promote and lead me down a path of success.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYNovember 14, 2016
Horrible job, people are very catty. If you Don't wear makeup they make you use a box in the back. Would never work there again.
Fun workplace, great teams, upper management support
Store Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 9, 2016
A typical day includes coaching selling behaviors, ensuring visual directives are executed and maintained, meeting elevated customer service standards
Pros
great compensation
Cons
market flooded, lack of innovative product
Kors Family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 9, 2016
This was a very interesting company to work for. They are all about the "Brand". The most positive experience is the hands on training required. Most stores stick you on a desk for days, but this company has you on the floor day one.
Easy job, rarely work more than 40 hours in a week. Great benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2016
The work life balance at Michael Kors is really nice, they pay you really well and all of your benefits are the best you can get! However, there is not much room for career advancement and the markets are to saturated with stores.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay
Cons
career advancement
Challenging but stimulating work environment
Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2016
I've really enjoyed being a part of such a global and quickly growing company. Michael Kors is a world-renowned company who is quickly expanding internationally and I've enjoyed contributing to that.

My job entails coming up with market strategies to further promote the brand as well as continue brand awareness and sentiment. I've learned how each market operates and views the brand as well.
Great Staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 27, 2016
Michael Kors is a great company to work for as a teen. A day as a cashier, would be having to handle with customer purchases and returns. As well as helping them find their desired product. In my time working for Michael Kors I have learned that working as a team is valuable to meet the required sales goals.
Pros
Pay, Management, Benefits
Cons
Hours
Very competitive
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCOctober 27, 2016
I loved working with this company. They had set goals and pushed their employees to reach and surpass set goals. Each sales associate had a daily goal and management was very in tune to the employees and their progress.
Productive and fun
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 26, 2016
Fun environment to be around, it was a family when I worked there. thought me the true meaning of customer service and allow me to be who I wanted to be while maintain professionalism.
Fun place to work
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 25, 2016
Great company- very high energy- always customer servicing customers- clientelling- visual merchandising -floor set- inventory- shipment- great perk of company- great discount
My experience at MichaelKors
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAOctober 23, 2016
I am a very high sales performance at Michael Kors. Good at taking the lead on sales. Since its outlet we don't get comisson so i feel i deserve a better paying job for the amount of numbers that i make for the corporate. Especially when i make 33% of the store companies goal.
Productive and Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2016
Loved all my co-workers and managers. They made working during holidays fun. Always worked with my schedules too. I would go to school and come back to work during holidays without having to go through the application process again.