Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fast paced in outlet division.
Visual Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 21, 2017
Good company but could do better for employees. Employees feel stretched too thin while handling multiple responsibilities. Needs to be better communication starting from the top.
Pros
love bonuses and incentives
Cons
long work ad-havoc hours
Team work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LondonSeptember 19, 2017
Commuting and adapting to multiple locations, educated customers on new product options to meet and exceed customer service experience while having In-depth knowledge in the product and its functionality. Representing the brand via remote management. Understanding and advising on customers and their needs and maintaining stock at multiple locations, giving and receiving feedback
Michael Kors
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GASeptember 19, 2017
Michael Kors was an excellent company to work for. The work environment is fast paced and competitive. The hours were very flexible and my co-workers were extremely nice.
Pros
Discount, Great Co-workers
Cons
Hours
too competitive
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2017
this wasn't a team effort kind of job, this was a every person for themselves kind of job. your hours depended on the amount of sales you've made & its too much of a competition with your coworkers as to who's better than who.
September 18, 2017

We genuinely appreciate the time you spent informing us about your experience with Michael Kors. We will review your feedback and make the appropriate changes.

Good discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 12, 2017
This company offers really good discount to their employees. Also, the free clothes to wear is a plus. Spent a lot of time buying extra pieces because I worked so much. My whole paycheck was basically me working for free, cause it went back into the store.
Productive and fun place to work
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDSeptember 12, 2017
Michael Kors is a fun energetic place to work. Fun co workers.
Since I've been working at Michael Kors I've learned the names and color of almost all the handbags and wallets.
Management is lenient but tough at the same time.
Working at MK comes with its own culture.
As a 3-year employee
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Working my way up from a temporary Holiday employee to managing the top-performing store in the country, I regretfully relocated to the largest store in the world and have unshakable PTSD from my experience there.

- Michael Kors Human Resources

Inviting, Enthusiastic, Young Professional environment.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 10, 2017
For any young adult looking to get into sales at any luxury retailer, Michael Kors is great for entry level. They teach you how to connect with your clients on a more personal level, how to up sell, and ensure your clients purchase after the sale. The most enjoyable part of this job was the freedom of styling, how consistent we get new ready-to-wear pieces, and being able to showcase those pieces to our clients.
It's fun, its retail
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 9, 2017
The management is great, they specifically pick out their people to make sure the environment stays genuine and kind. It's very high paced so expect to multi-task, you also have a lot of responsibility.
Pros
It's fun, and if you want a promotion you can get it if you work for it.
Cons
the hiring system, a little too harsh if youre not up to 'standards'
Good part time not full time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 8, 2017
Not enough benefits, the stress levels were extremely high, and the management was poor, they were always gossiping about each other and complaining about their jobs and lives.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
stress, poor managment
September 18, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our company’s values. We aim to ensure that our compensation and various benefits packages are competitive, fair, and meet industry standards.

good energy
Supervising Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the environment. I wasn't too big of a fan of the products I was selling so that made it a little more difficult for me to truly enjoy what I was doing.
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 1, 2017
When I was interviewed by the General Manager she made it seem like it was the best place to work for, 3 weeks in I overheard coworkers talking bad about her which turned out to be true. Management is always on you to harass customers into buying things and even following them when they say they are okay. The only thing I liked was that I never closed and the employee discount. Also the store management is beyond rude, the company really needs to get a new one.
Pros
flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
stress, low hours

- Michael Kors Human Resources

Fun place to work without the drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2017
I liked working here but if it wasn't for the favoritism the managers had and unfair treatment I would still be working there. It is an easy job, fast paced, good hours just people have to ruin it sometimes.
Benefits were amazing.
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 30, 2017
I would apply and work there again solely based on the discounts and benefits. Michael Kors also offers seasonal bonuses, such as a free watch for working holidays.
Fast Paced Sales
Full Time Sales (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2017
You have to truly be apart of MK culture to work here. They really want you involved with learning everything about the company, product, and what Michael Kors stands for. There is very little advancement in the company so if you get a position prepare to stay there for a while.

- Michael Kors Human Resources

Not worth the time, patience, nor pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 28, 2017
The company offers wardrobe every season and tells you it's free but you're actually going to pay the tax on it, which can sometimes be up to $50 a piece. Managers care more about numbers than staff so expect to always be on your feet every second. You're expected to be "Michael" about everything: speech, hair, makeup, clothing, even SCENT--Yes, they will spritz you with their perfume and around the store to make everything "Michael" and critique your outfit from head to toe to judge if it is "Michael" enough for the day. Workers are very competitive about their sales and will take every opportunity they can to steal them, so always be attentive and keep an eye out for your customer.

fun complex but stressful
Sales Supervisor/Stock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Fun place to work one of the best jobs, i have had .,... big turnover in mgmgt. work culture is amazing its all what u make it but the mgmt is a big part of the stores overall success

Great flexibility
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 21, 2017
It may just be me, but I really did not enjoy working there. Some managers were awesome, but others ruined it. Many mid-level managers with little qualification but huge egos.
Pros
Flexible to your schedule
Cons
Politics required for advancement
August 31, 2017

great discounts, poor management
Brand Lead (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2017
Currently an associate looking for another job. I have been with MK since April 2016. It was great at first, but most of our team left (quit). The management constantly pushes you to add onto customers purchases (wallets, clothes,etc) to the point where they become extremely uncomfortable and makes you harass them. They talk and gossip about all the customers and associates (yes, they've made me cry.) The discounts are great and you get a new piece of clothing every month, however, none of that is worth your self-respect. They don't follow policy but expect associates to. We've had over 10 associates quit within the past 2 months. I love the brand and company but I would never work here again. Although this may not be at every store, this is my experience.
Pros
Discount, Wardrobe
Cons
Management, Hours, Management
August 21, 2017

We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our core values. We strongly believe that our people are our greatest asset and have multiple opportunities for growth for our employees. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and culture, please visit our Careers site www.michaelkors.com/careers.
- Michael Kors Human Resources

Decent work for college student
Sales Associate/Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSAugust 17, 2017
I worked at a Michael Kors outlet store during my senior year in college. Initially, the job was enjoyable. I strongly believe that Michael Kors would have been a lucrative part time job that I would have kept for several years. However, the management at my particular store was unbearable and menacing to say the least. Not only did they badger the employees, there were several instances where customers would complain about the pressure certain managers placed on customers to buy more than one item.
Pros
Enjoyable interaction with customers, building a client book, decent pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Strict dress code
August 18, 2017

- Michael Kors Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval