Michael Page Employee Reviews

For a company that is supposed to source talent, they have no idea how to treat them
HR Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Not sure how they can source talent properly when they don't know how to manage it when they source it.

Horrible communication, bad attitudes from the recruiters. They claim to know how to find you HR talent, but they do not know how to keep talented HR people engaged.

Maybe treat your HR executives you try to herd in like cows so you can have a book better, because we will remember you when it comes time to hire an agency.

I wouldn't use this agency to source candidates for a company if it was the last agency on earth.
proud to be working for MP
Consultant (Current Employee) –  BelgiumDecember 14, 2016
Michael Page offers you a perfect environment to become a great recruiter. In every step during your carreer you'll receive trainings. As an employee you'll feel valued and management is flexible and offers you any possibilities you're looking for (training and coaching, management positions and growth opportunities, international careers, pregnancy plans etc.) Bonuses or commissions might be lower compared to agencies that are not as established yet, but your benefits will make up for it. Clients and candidates respect you because those relations are very important to Michael Page. And they realize it's the fundation of a good recruitment agency. It is a company that has a certain authority and is well established in the market but is continuously improving to remain one of the key players in the industfy. If you are looking for a professional, encouraging, environment with lots of growth possibilities, good package and a great atmosphere, you should have applied by now. <3
Pros
continuous training, international opportunities, great work environment, professional company, good package, flexible towards employees
Cons
commissions are not great
Recruitment Consultancy
Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2016
Focused, hard working and open company.

Ideal for graduates looking to learn from a bigger company.

Long hours but great culture.
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, CAOctober 6, 2016
PageGroup PLC are a global business operating in over 30countries, and with over 5,000 employees worldwide. I was part of a highly successful regional Finance & Accountancy commercial team.

Specializing within accounting, I was recruited into Retail, Banking, Manufacturing, Engineering, FMCG, Energy, Supply Chain, Healthcare, Technology, Distribution, Logistics and Wholesale sectors.
bad
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
no good at all, bad manager, not doing well financially. misrepresented job to employees and were told to do the same when talking about the job
High-Commitment job in a rewarding environment
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYFebruary 3, 2016
MPI continuously aims to improve their training for new hires and implement incentives to encourage high KPIs. Managers take feedback seriously and WANT to maintain headcount. Some ex-MPI employees will often leave with a sour taste in their mouth because they probably didn't push themselves hard enough or weren't cut out for sales, period. This is probably the best company to work for if you're an honest go-getter. Naturally, if you expect massive success in your first 6-12 months, it probably won't happen. This job requires commitment, and all too often you come across Consultants who don't show that level of ambition. Success here is seen 12+ months down the line. Until you get there, you need to be resilient and keep up high activity levels. You'll get sacked if you don't show that you're trying to keep up.
Pros
All-inclusive quarterly trips for those who hit their goals, uncapped bonuses, heavy training, management support
British culture
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
You only feel valued here if you are closing a lot of deals, and depending on how the market is depends on how well you are successful in this industry.
good experience to further sales career
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Good experience for a career in sales. Numbers driven to perform. Would recommend for anyone looking to get into recruiting.
Great Place To Work
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  NYCSeptember 10, 2015
I love everything about Michael Page. The people and culture are second to none. My team is amazing. It is a great place to start your career.
Productive and Hard working
AVP - Tax Documentation - Barclays AG Assignment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
Professional Profile
•Proven leadership and supervisory experience with ability to lead multiple projects/teams simultaneously and effectively
•Consistently achieved desired business results through personal accountability by effectively organizing and planning duties, setting priorities and executing action plans
•Solutions driven manager, mentor and coach with the ability to motivate and influence peers by communicating positively and effectively, encouraging collaboration, providing constructive feedback and demonstrating respect for a diverse workforce. Outstanding project planning and management skills meeting tight deadlines
•Personal Traits: Professional, unwavering commitment to excellence, focused, skilled trainer, coach, motivator, mentor, highly intelligent, critical thinker, driven and results oriented

Core Competencies
Passion for Quality Assurance (Control), Project Management, Software Testing and Delivery:
•Value each individual account through personal commitment exceeding expectations by delivering quality products and/or services while building integrity, trust and customer loyalty
•Create an environment where customers are ecstatic with service, creating positive action-oriented associates/advocates/consultants

Motivating and Training:
•Help personalize company vision and goals by implementing strategies to create a sense of ownership
•Analyze and monitor performance, figures and statistics to identify and establish a firm foundation for growth

Managing, Supervising and Solutions Oriented:
•Analyze methods and procedures to pinpoint and
  more... create new pathways or adopt an existing model to build an environment of productivity, results, solutions and forward movement
•Lead team of representatives to meet and exceed departmental goals
•Thrive on converting obstacles into opportunities by recognizing root cause and developing solutions
•Create a work environment where fear and blame are not responses and/or defenses
excellent staff and support team
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Page, NYJune 26, 2015
I enjoy the team work and spirit of the organization. They are very supportive and helpful in work place. I enjoy the assignments / companies that require assistance in transition on financial leadership.
n/a
trainee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
great company. great training program. learned about sales and what not. great. i am writing this review so that i can upload my resume to the website.
Fun Workplace, Good Training
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2015
Supportive Management. Work Hard & Play Hard environment. Good company to learn the recruiting industry and grow in your career.
Worst ever recruiting firm. Don't return calls and lie excessively. Extremely high turnover.
HR Recuriter (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 21, 2015
The British accent is lovely but that is all that is lovely. Even a prior recruiter I found now working elsewhere stated the same reason they left the firm. They said they were an awful bunch and they could no longer continue to lie to clients on behalf of Michael Page.

I used Michael Page to send me clients. All clients were NOT pre-screened probably because for accounting positions they send me clients in the medical field. After a while they were just sending warm bodies. The clients also states they plain out right lies to them.

I thought maybe this was just a bad experience with one recruiter. The following week in our management meeting another manger asked if any other manager were using Michael Page for temporary or permanent placement. This opened the floor with conversations of negative comments about lack of follow ups, lying to clients, rude employees, lack of telephone etiquettes etc. It was decided to band this agency due to these issues and many more. They also charge the highest agency fees.

Robert Half or any other agency is a much better choice.
Pros
Cons
A-holes
Productive and Fun
Resourcing Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2014
Fun place to work for young people. Included meeting candidates, learning about market risk, working on a team, meeting with clients, and working closely with management.
Large multi-national conglomerate
COnsultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2014
Large company with opportunities to advance within the corporation.
Not a nice place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York NYAugust 12, 2014
You have to interact with recruiters, and you know how they are!
Hear what they want to hear.
Management does not care.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Short breaks
Sr. Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2014
I very much enjoyed dealing with Caroline Neble at Michael Page. I was placed at Biogen Idec at the corporate offices in Weston. I immediately hit it off with the Executive Assistant in compliance. I very much enjoyed the job and most of the people were fantastic and professional. I supported three Senior Directors/lawyers in Compliance. This role was very interesting and challenging. There were some personality conflicts that existed prior to my being placed there. Since it was my job to support the person who was involved in one of the conflicts, I did all I could to make his day easier and go the extra mile for him, against the suggestions of the person who had obvious problems with him.
I very much enjoyed it there for the most part and missed the people I had supported once my contract was ended.
Pros
Very supportive to the contractors working for them
Cons
Never heard back after the contrract ended to be placed again.
Professional temporary staff organization
Temporary Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2014
I worked for Michael Page for about four months on a temporary basis. I found the staff professional, helpful and courteous. I was glad to have the work at a very difficult time in our economy.
Seek other opportunity
Manager at Weir (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthApril 21, 2014
Weak leadership and low compensation. Avoid working for this company. Has alot of problems.
Pros
Cons
Weak leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Page. Our community is ready to answer.