Michael Page

Michael Page Employee Reviews

good experience to further sales career
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Good experience for a career in sales. Numbers driven to perform. Would recommend for anyone looking to get into recruiting.
Great Place To Work
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  NYCSeptember 10, 2015
I love everything about Michael Page. The people and culture are second to none. My team is amazing. It is a great place to start your career.
Productive and Hard working
AVP - Tax Documentation - Barclays AG Assignment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
Professional Profile
•Proven leadership and supervisory experience with ability to lead multiple projects/teams simultaneously and effectively
•Consistently achieved desired business results through personal accountability by effectively organizing and planning duties, setting priorities and executing action plans
•Solutions driven manager, mentor and coach with the ability to motivate and influence peers by communicating positively and effectively, encouraging collaboration, providing constructive feedback and demonstrating respect for a diverse workforce. Outstanding project planning and management skills meeting tight deadlines
•Personal Traits: Professional, unwavering commitment to excellence, focused, skilled trainer, coach, motivator, mentor, highly intelligent, critical thinker, driven and results oriented

Core Competencies
Passion for Quality Assurance (Control), Project Management, Software Testing and Delivery:
•Value each individual account through personal commitment exceeding expectations by delivering quality products and/or services while building integrity, trust and customer loyalty
•Create an environment where customers are ecstatic with service, creating positive action-oriented associates/advocates/consultants

Motivating and Training:
•Help personalize company vision and goals by implementing strategies to create a sense of ownership
•Analyze and monitor performance, figures and statistics to identify and establish a firm foundation for growth

Managing, Supervising and Solutions Oriented:
•Analyze methods and procedures to pinpoint and
  more... create new pathways or adopt an existing model to build an environment of productivity, results, solutions and forward movement
•Lead team of representatives to meet and exceed departmental goals
•Thrive on converting obstacles into opportunities by recognizing root cause and developing solutions
•Create a work environment where fear and blame are not responses and/or defenses
excellent staff and support team
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Page, NYJune 26, 2015
I enjoy the team work and spirit of the organization. They are very supportive and helpful in work place. I enjoy the assignments / companies that require assistance in transition on financial leadership.
n/a
trainee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
great company. great training program. learned about sales and what not. great. i am writing this review so that i can upload my resume to the website.
Fun Workplace, Good Training
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2015
Supportive Management. Work Hard & Play Hard environment. Good company to learn the recruiting industry and grow in your career.
Worst ever recruiting firm. Don't return calls and lie excessively. Extremely high turnover.
HR Recuriter (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 21, 2015
The British accent is lovely but that is all that is lovely. Even a prior recruiter I found now working elsewhere stated the same reason they left the firm. They said they were an awful bunch and they could no longer continue to lie to clients on behalf of Michael Page.

I used Michael Page to send me clients. All clients were NOT pre-screened probably because for accounting positions they send me clients in the medical field. After a while they were just sending warm bodies. The clients also states they plain out right lies to them.

I thought maybe this was just a bad experience with one recruiter. The following week in our management meeting another manger asked if any other manager were using Michael Page for temporary or permanent placement. This opened the floor with conversations of negative comments about lack of follow ups, lying to clients, rude employees, lack of telephone etiquettes etc. It was decided to band this agency due to these issues and many more. They also charge the highest agency fees.

Robert Half or any other agency is a much better choice.
Cons
a-holes
Large multi-national conglomerate
COnsultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2014
Large company with opportunities to advance within the corporation.
Not a nice place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York NYAugust 12, 2014
You have to interact with recruiters, and you know how they are!
Hear what they want to hear.
Management does not care.
Pros
not many
Cons
short breaks
Sr. Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2014
I very much enjoyed dealing with Caroline Neble at Michael Page. I was placed at Biogen Idec at the corporate offices in Weston. I immediately hit it off with the Executive Assistant in compliance. I very much enjoyed the job and most of the people were fantastic and professional. I supported three Senior Directors/lawyers in Compliance. This role was very interesting and challenging. There were some personality conflicts that existed prior to my being placed there. Since it was my job to support the person who was involved in one of the conflicts, I did all I could to make his day easier and go the extra mile for him, against the suggestions of the person who had obvious problems with him.
I very much enjoyed it there for the most part and missed the people I had supported once my contract was ended.
Pros
very supportive to the contractors working for them
Cons
never heard back after the contrract ended to be placed again.
Professional temporary staff organization
Temporary Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2014
I worked for Michael Page for about four months on a temporary basis. I found the staff professional, helpful and courteous. I was glad to have the work at a very difficult time in our economy.
Seek other opportunity
Manager at Weir (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthApril 21, 2014
Weak leadership and low compensation. Avoid working for this company. Has alot of problems.
Cons
weak leadership
Good Working Environment
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 21, 2014
Overall a good working environment and the people help you meet your goals and objectives.
good assignaments
IT Audit Manager/ Risk and compliance (Former Employee) –  new jerseyMarch 17, 2014
work hard and recruiters place you based on your experience.
Pros
can find assignments
Cons
long breaks between assignments
Not a friendly or professional environment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 18, 2014
This company feeds off of its young in a cannibalistic fashion. Upper management will use new hires to farm out jobs and good candidates. You will be out of a job in 3 months if you don't write roughly your base salary in a quarter. You will not bonus unless you write roughly 4 times your base salary.

If you are not an established recruiter, you will not make it here. If you ARE an established recruiter, you will not want to stay here.
Pros
the internet and telephones often worked.
Cons
everything
High-energy, competitive, highly rewarding.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Truly a "work hard, play hard" environment.
Meritorious culture.
Competitive.
Ample opportunity for growth.
Very high expectations.
Pros
excellent perks and bonus structure. great people, very supportive.
Cons
long hours makes work/life balance challenging.
Great!
SAP Project manager (Former Employee) –  New York CityOctober 15, 2013
I consulted through Michael Page as an SAP Project Manager. I found out that once you secure the contract with the client, the process for form filing and time recording is easy and straightforward. I did not have much liasion with MPI while I contracted other than receiving my check but I was happy with working through Michael Page International.
Good firm overall
Recruitment Consultant/Business Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2013
Typical day at work - recruiting/business development
Happy to discuss at the appropriate time.
Productive and friendly employees.
Accounting Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 5, 2013
Data entry
Mail delivery
File confidential paperwork into employee folders
Prepare boxes and files for pick-up to an outside storage facility
Pros
one hour lunch and adjustable hours
Cons
n/a
The best place to work at
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2013
MPI was fun and professional. A typical work day consist of formatting many resumes. Setting up interviews. Management always advised us of opening positions as consultants if we were interested in moving in that direction. We were all team players. The hardest part of the job was having to contact applicants that did not meet the qualifications. The most enjoyable part was being recognized for our efforts. The Admins were also recognized and received awards for our hard work.
Pros
quartley bashes, acheivement awards and dinners.
Cons
the only thing i did not like was my commute. 1hr subway ride.