Michaels

Michaels United States Employee Reviews

cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee), Anderson, SCApril 21, 2015
A very good place to work at and very crafty. I like how you can suggest other items to the customer so they want leave the store.
It was a productive place andtaught me the value of knowing how to provide for a customer.
Cashier (Former Employee), Topeka, KSApril 20, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks, great coworkers, polite customers
Cons: Being paid every two weeks
My overall review of Michaels was that it was a fun place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as those I met while cashiering. I learned to be timely and prepared. The hardest part was during the holiday times, although i pushed through and still maintained my smile and bright attitude.
Creative, fun place to work
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 17, 2015
A typical day at Michaels is usually busy for management in administrative tasks, flexing , stocking shelves etc. Customers expectancy increase after noon. I learned many great skills to further my knowledge and career such as payroll processing and exposure to human resources. I learned to always remember the daily or weekend deals because people would ask about them.Co-workers are great there we have lots of things in common and keep the work environment fun and productive The hardest part of the job putting together the merchandising displays which were very complicated at times and not having enough time to put them up. the most enjoyable part of the job is everyone gets to be creative everyday.
I love working here but i need to move on to a job with my career
Cashier (Current Employee), Alcoa, TNApril 16, 2015
Most days its busy, i learn to make people happy and treat them fair, my managers are great but i am ready to find a job towards my career.
Cashier (Current Employee), Davenport, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: Discount for you and your family
Cons: No breaks for part time workers
My work day would be coming in, clocking in then going out to the register to began ringing out customers. Its very slow at times, and very fast at times but its always something to do. Everyone from the managers to the co workers are nice and friendly and make working there enjoyable...
Fun creative place to work but, with little hours given
Cashier/ Replenishment/ Overnight Sales Associate (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZApril 7, 2015
A typical day at Michaels is your always having fun being creative and helping people with ideas. I have learned so much from being more creative to having a lot of skills. The Management is very well reasonable. The co-workers are great at listening and helping you. The hardest part about the job is working the over night freight. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving kids creative ideas.
Michaels
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Reno, NVApril 6, 2015
Michaels is a good first time job but I wouldnt stay with it for the long haul. Theres no room for advancement. They also dont hire capable managers.
Very busy work environament
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee), Tustin, CAApril 6, 2015
Working at Michaels was very tiring and they worked you as hard as they could.Management was very unprofessional as they spoke about workers issues with other employees.
Fun place, great service, happy faces.
Manager (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIApril 2, 2015
Pros: first choice at merchindise
Cons: Hours depend on email captures
Michaels craft store is fun and exciting place to work. I am currently a nights and weekends manager and i absolutely love it. The employees are always smiling and genuinely seem to enjoy coming into work and doing there job. The best and worst part of the job is that if you are a crafter, you will want to buy everything, hich is terrible when it comes to pay day.
Prefer not to comment
Events - Full Time (Former Employee), Castle Rock, COMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Career for 10 years
Cons: Poor overturn and management
Prefer not to comment on the job that I held. I had this position for ten years before I decided to leave. I became a certified framer and became an expert at handling customers.
same as before
Replenishment Crew (Current Employee), Lewis Center, OHMarch 31, 2015
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: nothing
same job titles as before, it is the same company, that i am working for again, love this company, could not be better, would go back at anytime to this company
FUN if your crafty
Cashier (Former Employee), phoenix,azMarch 28, 2015
Its relaxed not too crazy. I enjoyed working here. People always go crazy with coupons but other than that its good. The manager cares a lot about collecting emails and some times it can be frustrating because people get tired of coming to the register and having to give their emails but as she says "its the future for the company".
great place to work if you like to craft and meet crafty people
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 25, 2015
Mainly a 4 hr day, good part time job. They are willing to work with you about the time and days you need. If you are building up your craft room and need supplies work here, 30% off for employees.
Instructor cake decortor
Cake Decorating Instructor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: like to decorte cakes
Cons: had to bring all materials
Taught cake decorating making roses, different flowers, borders, icing cakes. Enjoyed working with people teaching the Wilton way
fun place to work
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), njMarch 20, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: minimal hours
cashier/customer service/stock,fun place to work if your crafty
good discount,awesome co workers, cons most employees scheduled for no more than 10 hrs per day hard to advance
I enjoy being with my fellow employees, the atmosphere, but the pay is a little low
store associate/ replenishment team member (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: sometimes people will bring in food, the discounts on arts & crafts
Cons: getting up early in the morning, pay is too little.
Aside from the fact of low pay, overall, I really enjoy working at Michaels. I like working with the other employees. We all seems to get along very well. My managers are very nice, fun, and competent. It's difficult to get up so early in the morning and be there by 5am, at times. However, it's nice to get my work done early and have the rest of my day to myself. In a typical shift, I will receive/unload a truck and stock the store with the new product. Stocking will take up all of my time until my shift is over. I work in a fun but focused environment, and I enjoy it.
great place to work
Certified Custom Framer (Current Employee), great for usMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible
The staff is great to work with.
They worked around my husband shift, so both can work so some one home home
Custom framing
4 hr days
Loved beening a cashier
This is a fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAMarch 15, 2015
My co-workers and manager are friendly and supportive. I like meeting people, so helping customers is fun for me. I learned I have a real fear of heights, so stocking high shelves is difficult for me.
management sucks....
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Royal Palm Beach, FLMarch 12, 2015
Ive worked at a couple places before this and this by far has to be thee worst the mangers abuse their power and not only that but extremely rude to customers ive never seen a manager just flat out yell at a paying customer just because hes having a bad day.ive never seen so many employees and managers leave so quickly within a company.
Good pay/hours for a temporary warehouse job
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee), New Lenox, ILMarch 11, 2015
Pros: easy job, decent pay
Cons: fired without reason
-Typical day at work would start by a meeting with everyone in outbound. We would discuss workload and do stretches. After that I would get labels for one of four different places and then I would go to that place and start picking until everything is picked from there. After that I would go back to the office and then I would be directed to the next work area.

-I learned how to use an RF scanning gun, and how to pick orders with that and a conveyor belt + labels.

-management was generally friendly and easy going

-my co-workers and I didn't cross paths while working often and I kept to myself at lunch.

-The hardest part of the job was learning the error messages on the RF scanner and learning what effect resulted from various inventory problems. The RF scanner might show inventory in all locations however I was not told how to check that. Also learning if after the gun would ask about an inventory problem what had actually registered in the system as the item picked or not. after about 2 weeks I learned most of the ins and outs of these messages.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was that they had the radio playing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Michaels

Michaels Stores is crafty. The nation's #1 arts and crafts retailer owns and operates¬†about 1,075 Michaels Stores across the US – Read more

Michaels Salaries