Michelin North America, Inc.

Michelin North America, Inc. Employer Reviews

great company
Tire Operator (Former Employee), spartanburg, scDecember 1, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: shifts
company pay/benefits are excellent. be prepared for swing shifts.
productive, great pay
machine operator (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: swing shifts
inspecting tires, 12hr shifts, learned need for all the elements of tires to produce a quality product. great pay.
Manufacturing professional (Current Employee), Lexington, SCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: pay, advancement
Good management and stable company. has great benefits and keeps you busy with steady work.
Great company to work for
Help Desk (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay and for a very long time good managers
Cons: outsourced my department to ibm
I loved working for Michelin and was able to move up quickly. I was very shocked when the IT department I worked for was out sourced to IBM. I lost all my benefits.
Liked working there
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: they take care of their employees
Cons: work days do not end at 5
Lots of opportunities to explore different career paths, live and work abroad and 'choose your own adventure'. Michelin invests A LOT in training employees; encourages and enables employees to develop new competencies and build on existing skills. Great corporate culture and strategic vision. R&D is very important; Michelin puts a lot of resources toward – more... the development of all of their products and employees feel confident and proud of all products that are offered to consumers. Interesting, talented and diverse workforce including great mix of employees working in NA from other countries. – less
Lots of job security, some confusion on what to do with staff
UTILITIES RELIABILITY ENGINEER (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, good compensation, wide knowledge base
Cons: compensation is lacking compared to locations in same industry, vacation structure needs work, capped raises creates risk of losing young talent
The job is very secure, and the pay is nothing to be snub your nose at. The amount of process and red tape in place seems to inhibit the successful completion of short term projects though. Work life balance is pretty good in the tire plants, in the chemical plants, the plant's needs take priority over your needs.
Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee), around the worldSeptember 29, 2014
program debug
VFD debug
network debug
HMI debug
motor debug
Daily production quota
Tire Builder (Current Employee), Norwood, NCSeptember 14, 2014
Good place to work. I would like a more stable work schedule. I work with some great people and management is pretty good.
 Working as an ETL Consultant in the integration of several source systems into the ERP application.
Sr. DataStage Consultant (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 11, 2014
Good working environment.
Lot to learn.
Good competitive spirit
stressful but sometimes fun.
machine worker (Former Employee), piedmont scSeptember 3, 2014
I would come in and clock in for my shift and we would have morning motivation talks. Then all the employees would go to their machines and get to work. Most of my coworkers was nice but there was some that was rude.
Productive, Swing shift is no fun, you have no family time, pay is good.
Machine Assistant (Current Employee), Lexington, SCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: payed breaks and lunch breaks, 4 weeks vacation day you start.
Cons: swing shift very hard (no family time), you hear the company cares about you but they dont, i dont eat sleep and drink the company like the upper most do, i have a family and a life.
You come in to work, start your day on machine, work till your break, then work till your next break, lunch etc then time to go home. For the most part the co workers are great except a few jerks as well as the same for management. The hardest part of the job is the swing shift hours and the most enjoyable part of the job is when you go home.
Good company, good benefits
Tech Scholar (Former Employee), Lexington, SCAugust 15, 2014
If you are in production or maintenance, rotating shifts are hard.
Training is mainly on-the-job.
Compensation is great. Competitive pay and benefits, access to gym.
great pay and benifits
creel leader (Former Employee), Ardmore, OKAugust 12, 2014
Pros: pay and benifits
Cons: rotating shifts
outstanding pay and benifits as well as family orientated workplace
Great place to work for,with some chances for advancement.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good pay and long hours.
Cons: long hours, six to seven days sometimes.
Worked at both warehouses using fork lifts to load and reload. Moving trailers from one to another building as applicable.
Great safe place to work
Tire Builder (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 13, 2014
Pros: wage, benefits safety
Cons: supervisor
I work there and love it. Yeh you have to swing shifts, but it's not that bad. I get a lot of time with my family. It's a very physical job and they make sure you are in physical shape to do it. They care about their employees and they have great benefits. I am blessed to be a part of the Michelin family.
Travel and computer work
Strategic Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: safety, best product
Cons: complicated programs, unequal treatment of the tire dealers makes for an uneasy sales call.
Michelin is a great company, they make the best product of any of its competitors, and safety is their number 1 priority.

I really excelled in the face to face customer interaction, and this is how I gained the trust of my customers to be a trusted advisor. I have references as well.

Country wide sales were/are down and they enacted complicated programs – more... that none of the sales force can understand, but made it mandatory that the salesmen understand and present in front of the dealer.

This is why I am currently looking for another position. – less
Great Company, Long Work Hours, Moderate Pay
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 31, 2014
Pros: training, coworkers, perks, benefits
Cons: pay, work life balance, communication
- Training - Amazing world class training, very thorough
- Territory Management - great customers, dependent on location could have a massive territory
- Poor Internal Communication between business units - sometimes it would help bring together a more cohesive plan
- Pay is moderate to low for the amount of revenue and territory size you are responsible – more... for
- Work life balance is rough - lots of reports and too many calls to make
- Coworkers are great, perks are great

Overall it was a great experience – less
Awesome Place to work
Operator (Former Employee), Pendleton, SCMay 28, 2014
Pros: great people, great working environment, nice breaks
Cons: swing shifts
Worked eight hours shifts, stacked rubber ran machinery to make rubber for building car tires. Learned how to mange my time, work with other people, and drive a forklift. The management system was outstanding they really care about there employees and co-workers where willing to teach me and show me how things where to be done. The hardest part was – more... swing shifts. Most enjoyable was working with my co-workers. – less
Forklift driver
PLS shipping & Forklift operator (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMay 8, 2014
I took this job for a better opportunity and wanted to try to get hired on as a mechanic for Michelin.
Horrible hours and I wouldnt rccommend this place for anyone.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greenville, South CarolinaMay 7, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
Standing on your feet for 12 hours swing shifts. There isn't any communication and the management seems like they got their training from a cereal box.

1 2 3 4 5

About Michelin North America, Inc.

Planes, trains, and automobiles rely on Michelin North America's tires to make their rounds. So do airplanes; bicycles; motorcycles; – Read more

Michelin North America, Inc. Photos