Michelin North America, Inc. Employee Reviews

michelin tire company
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Starr, SCAugust 7, 2015
excellent company great benefits. good pay. good training program. continued education programs. great work environment. excellent supervisors. always having a company sponsored event for employees and their families
Facilities Support/Event Coordinator
Facilities Support/Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 3, 2015
• Maintain the Michelin facilities at HNA and off site facilities dispatching maintenance employees accordingly.
• Responsible for set up/take down of all small and large events
• AP/AR for vendors that are used to help maintain the building.
• Data entry of all maintenance that is done for the facilities
Executive admin. asst.
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 19, 2015
Worked for almost 20 yrs for Michelin in the administrative position from out placement to aircraft sales to Marketing and sales for small tires division. Diversified experience. Excellent opportunities for advancement. Enjoyed working with everyone. chose to retire this year.
congenial work atmosphere
Business Architect, Marketing Division (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 19, 2015
Congenial work atmosphere. There are several moving parts but the team is accommodating and the company provides opportunities for candidates to experience departments.
I didnt enjoy working for this company.
Heavy machine operator (Former Employee), Pendleton, SCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Certain workers were very friendly and enjoyable to conversate with.
Cons: Hours, Heat, Management.
The hours were very harsh and the elements inside the plant were extreme heat with very little downtime to rest and regain strength to complete the task this job required. the hours were third shift working overtime and weekends so there was hardly any life outside of work and very hard to work around the late hours. The crew leaders decided to pick and choose they're favorites and made the job harder for the certain workers that were not necessarily in their group of friends.
AFC
Quality Contol (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 5, 2015
A worldwide Company with great job security, decent health insurance and a good opportunity for experience in a manufacturing setting.
okay place to work
Operator (Current Employee), Sandy Springs, SCJuly 2, 2015
Great job security, they pride themselves on doing their best. Downside is it hard to balance swing shift and family life.
great company to work for
Reliability technician (Former Employee), lexington, scJune 2, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: schedule.
this was a great company to work for. if it was not for relocating due to family affairs i would still be working there. the job was good, the people were good, and the structure was good.
Very physical job but got paid on peace rate
General Laborer (Former Employee), Temperance, MIMay 12, 2015
Pros: I was able to apply my heavy lifting skills to the job and receive a paycheck.
Cons: Not a steady flowing job. Only worked paid by the truck load.
Learned a lot about tires all shapes and sizes. I loaded and unloaded tires from various size trucks. I labeled tires to be stocked. I learned we all had to work together in sync to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting and hoping there was a truck to unload/load. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my hard work paying off when each truck was loaded or unloaded.
Great work environment
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMay 4, 2015
I arrive to work around 9 o'clock am, I check my emails to see if there is any updated announcements for new information for that day or week. I consult with management to see if there is any new tasks and or assignments. I work on my daily tasks and updates for the accounts that are in my care. I learn something new everyday policies and procedures as well as updates about the company overall. My co-workers are great and helpful, we all work together as team to get the job done. There aren't any hard parts to the job overall, just working and staying for confuse on the job itself. The most enjoyable part is the job within itself.
Energetic workplace
Manufacturing Professional (Former Employee), Lexington, SCApril 22, 2015
Best job I've ever had. Benefits are amazing, as well as hourly pay rate. Only downfall is the toll your body takes from 5 different rotating shifts.
Stable Company
Area Personnel Manager (Current Employee), Anderson, SCApril 14, 2015
Michelin is a company that holds true to its core values. It shows respect for its employees. There are great opportunities within the company to try different jobs and departments.
Great company
Enterprise SOA Architect / BPM Development (Former Employee), Spartianburg SCApril 7, 2015
The bottom line is this, if I had an opportunity to go back to Michelin and work as a consultant or a FTE I would gladly accept it.
Productive work, very fast paste
Machine Operator/Production operator (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: rotating shifts
Its an great place to work, with pretty good benefits. Long hours with an crazy rotating schedule that i hard on the body and family time. Other than that it is a place that focus on safety and quality.
advancement is slow
Business Unit Leader (Shop Manager Pipeline) (Current Employee), Lexington, SCMarch 8, 2015
Like many larger companies, advancement is slow but job security is good.
Company relies heavily on its past brand reputation.
Pay is great but will demand your time
Press row operator (Former Employee), Ardmore OKFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: curing, the rotation
You earn every penny you make and the pay is great but the rotation will be hard on your life. Make sure your spouse is ready for that commitment.
Great job security and very structured environment
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Lexington, SCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: low compensation
Often I feel like my creativity is not being able to be used at all due to how structured everything is here. The company is set up to be run very well if the correct people do and perform in the roles that they are designed to do. However, too often you have individuals who are doing their jobs plus others due to other people being pulled to do things that they are not supposed to do either. It can be a bad chain event at times.

I spend at least an hour and a half of every day simply creating charts and graphs for indicator tracking.

Wage employees are very friendly and open to salary input and suggestions.
Great ethics and diversity. Excellent benefits. Good place to work.
Employee Engagement Manager - OR Zone Manager, NA (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 13, 2015
Challenging work, well rewarded. Excellent management. Company invests in the development and career advancement of all employees.
A fun place with a lot of team concepts
Forklift Operator / Warehouser (Former Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 12, 2015
As warehousers we were in teams pulling orders all day. So there was always a competiveness going on which made it fun. Great Co-works with a lot of respect for each other.
A better way forward, oriented to mobility
Ingeniero de Campo (Field Engineer) (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2015
People are key for the success of the company. Working here is a constant challenge, we have to be very adaptable in order to achieve our goals, despite a fierce competition.
Traveling is part of my day to day job, providing support to the sales force and making the difference in front of our customers. A high level of professionalism is required. Respect for the facts always helps.