Michelin North America, Inc.

Michelin North America, Inc. Employer Reviews

Great Company
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 24, 2013
Pros: all
Cons: next to none
Company built on great values, with decent employees and fair treatment and desire to see it's employees grow and succeed.
Productive and nice workplace
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 17, 2013
A typical work day for me here was coming in checking off forklifts, checking over pallets in racks from previous crew. Scan tires to pallets as they came down line; when a new dimension come down you then put dimension you have up in racks and get the new one needed. Use forklift to load/ unload trailers, put up pallets in racks. Everyone worked hard and done there job as needed both co workers and management. The job was not really hard, it was simple easy to learn. The work schedule was best about job.
excellent job if you get hired on full time at MIchelin
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 10, 2013
Working for the contract company at Michelin not so good but its a job. Thats why im actively looking for better jobs. Alot of team work goes into making tires
Great environment!
Supply Manager (Current Employee), Kent, WAOctober 2, 2013
It is a smaller shop so everybody on the team helps everybody. In a normal day it is typical to wear many hats, from buying parts for the shop, figuring out issues with a supplier on the phone to unloading a truck with a forklift. Great environment to learn and gain experience in many different aspects in the company.
Great Benefits, Great People, Complex
Account Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: job security, great product, pension plan
Cons: complexity, base pay, bonus program needs to be revamped
Great Company to work for good work life balance and benefits, pay is a little below some of the competitors in the industry. Great job security. Very complex programs that slow down progress of the sales team.
Day at the office
Process Technician (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: a completed day
Cons: machine failures
The start out with a walk through of the area to investigate things that may cause us not to complete the plan for the day. If I find something we review it and determine what need to be done to fix the issue. Their is always something new that will show itself, but each day bring new problems so I have to evaluation the issue and ask questions if I'm not sure before making a decision. I love working with people its a hard thing sometimes because everyone have a different personality. But once you get them to understand you and what you expect they become easier to work with, it takes patience.
Hardest part of the job is getting people to recognize the importance of making changes and something (new) being implimented to the job. In the end when you get all the above excepted by the work force its a great feeling, but we know it does not stop there we have to keep pushing forward to make the product better and costless.
Nepotistic and gender biased organization
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Greenville SC headquartersAugust 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches, company car
Cons: advancement opportunities
Poorly trained managers are revered and rarely disciplined/reprimanded. Promotions are based on relationships, not skill. Women and minorities are forced into positions that lack advancement opportunities.
Productive workplace
Digital Solutions - eBusiness Team - Contractor (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 28, 2013
Great place to work. Very selective.
Once in Michelin you will have many different and interesting career opportunities.
unload trucks
unload trucks (Former Employee), st road philadelphia paAugust 13, 2013
hard work long days work 12hrs days work was not hard at all working fun place to work for and tell your grand kins
A great opportunity for a young college student.
R4 inspector and Forklift driver (Former Employee), Lexington, SCAugust 12, 2013
I come in and see what's been left for me by the earlier shift, and then I checked to see if anyone is working with me or am I working alone. I then check my work area, and then begin doing my job. My co-workers were a breeze to get along with, managers were easy to get along with and work for.
Fast pace and fun working environment
Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 6, 2013
Fast pace working environment, staff, management etc. equal opportunity for growth
It was fun
Loader (Former Employee), SCAugust 1, 2013
Pros: good stuff in vending machines
Cons: hot in the warehouse and in the trucks
I get there clock in start throwing tires all day, I learned not to much didn't work with them long I learned to read order forms for tires,,,, management was ok,,,,, the people was ok there,,,,,, the hardest was the heat in the warehouse,,,,,the breaks and lunch was the best
This job was a very enjoyable job to work at. They have very good incentive for there employees.
Manufacturing Processor (Former Employee), 2420 Two Notch Rd. Lexington, SC 29072July 30, 2013
Pros: break rooms, computer room, and on job training
Cons: very physical work
A typical day at work was steady work with some lifting, bending and pulling of product.

I've learned that in order to be safe you have to work safe.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers, they were very helpful and friendly people

The hardest part of my job was the physical pulling and beating on the product that I worked with.

This company really looked out for their employees, as well as keeping us well informed of any changes or growth of the company. And the family day events planned for the employee and their families.
Politically driven enviroment
Project Engineer (Current Employee), SCJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management, poor work life balance, poor salary
Politically driven environment, below average pay for salary, good for wage. Poor management that appears to have lack of direction and conviction.
Slow paced environment with great job security but little advancement
financial analyst (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 11, 2013
Pros: goals are easy to attain
Cons: little career advancement
Very slow-paced. Not a lot is expected of you. Goals are easy to meet.

Very little career advancement because no one leaves
productive
material operator/ fort lift operator (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJune 25, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: paycuts, bad economy
very great job they give you great benefits great money great everything yes you have too work hard but you are rewarded greatly for it great advancement for hard work...
Building tires
Production Worker (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJune 20, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: long work hours.
I built the Ford F250 tire. I liked the people that I worked with.

June 27, 2013

How is the hiring process I've been selected for a michelin application session I just wanted to know what to expect. I applied for the entry level production worker. If you remember how the process is I'm just very nervous.

non stop work. repetitive.
Tread Booker (Former Employee), Ardmore, OKJune 18, 2013
clock in whatever shift begins throwing tire treads from a conveyor belt into designated pan. turn pan around and repeat on other side. did not really learn much. management were pretty simple and laid back. co workers were all laid back and easy going. there was nothing hard about the job, and the job itself was pretty easy.
PRODUCTIVE
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Midland City, ALJune 18, 2013
12 HOUR ROTATION STANDING THAT ROTATED FROM TWO WEEKS OF DAYSHIFT TO TWO WEEKS OF NIGHTSHIFT
Very fast paced, stressful environment with demands on quality.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Norwood, NCJune 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no balance between home and work. work dominates.
Preparation is everything. The more prepared you are, the quicker you can complete product resulting in points earned. Must be able to converse and get along with multiple personalities. Get there at least 25 min early. You must be in good shape to do the job I do there and you must have at least 8 hrs of sleep prior to arriving. Must be able to endure weekly 24 hr rotating shifts. Very difficult in getting management to adjust distribution of the work orders as they pay different than others. The most enjoyable part is the breaks every 2 hrs. Different co-workers have different work habits and you must learn to adapt as the job is soley team based.

About Michelin North America, Inc.

Planes, trains, and¬†automobiles rely on Michelin North America's tires to make their rounds. So do¬†airplanes; bicycles; motorcycles; – Read more

Michelin North America, Inc. Photos