Michelin Employee Reviews

Its a good place to work
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 8, 2017
Good place to work. Good environment to be apart of with positive coworkers. Management could be better and do more to boost morale. There can also be more incentives to promote hardwork.
Closed down
dba American Steel Cord (Former Employee) –  Scottsburg, INSeptember 6, 2017
The company sold out to several different subsidiaries before finally closing the doors in 2006. It was hard and hot work but one could stay in shape and make a good living.
Working Condition
TECH (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 6, 2017
I changed my career path. I had no desire to work in a factory setting but got in more than I had planned. Not a bad place to work it just was not for me.
Michelin
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 1, 2017
Great company as a whole. Well rounded employees. Great benefits and discounts. I was an intern turned into a new hire with just two rotations. Great place to work
great job
mp1 Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 30, 2017
Good pay great benefits, very fast paced,. but friendly. Swinging shifts are hard but i guess some people get use to it. its very long hours in a hot plant .
Pros
Pay
Cons
Swing shifts
Part time work
Floater (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, SCAugust 27, 2017
Great place for student work
Flexible schedules for students
Competitive pay to help while in school.
No benefits for students.
Relax pace.
Great managers
Enjoyable workplace
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKAugust 18, 2017
Michelin is a global company so reviews will vary on location, but overall a great company. A good portion of employees have 20+ years with the company because of the opportunity to climb up the ladder. Provides great benefits, great working hours and vacation periods, and a sense of community.
Pros
holiday hours
Cons
locations
culture
Project Director, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 13, 2017
Good place to work, flexible work hours. The industry is very competitive and every has to pitch in to improve the bottom line. Hardest part of job is meeting tight schedules, and the most enjoyable part is team events that foster team building
A "not so good" Test
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCAugust 11, 2017
I loved the people that I worked with. only issue I saw was the fact the maintenance department interview proses is based off a test an not the individuals actual capabilities. me personally I would take 2yrs hands on experience over a 4yr degree any day. bc what happens is you end up with someone who can talk about a issue but when it comes down to getting dirty an turning a wrench per say, its a problem. end up with a bunch of smart people walking around with hands in there pockets. one should invest in a sure thing. not someone who can pass a test. u work someone, you find there strengths an weaknesses see is you match what you are looking for. if so, you invest in them. send them to school to learn your needs. invest in there future an they surly will invest in yours. an I don't know if the right people will ever see this in order to make a change. all I know is I worked long hrs is hot conditions beside guys with 30+ yrs in my field who said I was one of the best things to happen to there department in many yrs. an this is from numerous individuals. an I lost out on a future with them because of a test...
Pros
great work inviroment
Cons
passing a test to be hired on in my field
very stressful
prep pilot (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 10, 2017
high stress and hot certainly not for everybody. If you value sleep save yourself the trouble and don't apply. Management is ok not the best but surely not the worst. If you go to the Prime plant location hold on tight
Community Service
Commuity Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 7, 2017
this was volunteer hours for community service and I did it with my rotc group at White Knoll High School. it was a very nice family day that people could enjoy.
Pros
Great way for the commuity
Cons
Great place to learn and grow
Reliability Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 6, 2017
Michelin is a great company to work for. They hired me fresh out of school with no experience and trained me in everything I would need to succeed in my job.

It's a manufacturing environment, so you're expected to resolve problems quickly to keep the machines running, but safety is the biggest emphasis and the management really does care about you, in my experiences.

There are a lot of people working here for over 40 years in my plant, I've never worked anywhere before that had so many people with 30 or more years at the same company.

I work rotating shifts, so every 2 weeks I only work 7 days. They're 12 hour days, but my days off are mine and I only get called if it's a major emergency.

Overall, I love working here and have learned so much.
Pros
Learn a lot - plenty of overtime opportunity - friendly work environment
Cons
A lot of people retiring so they're short handed in maintenance, can't leave the shop you're assigned to
fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCAugust 5, 2017
I started out picking orders in the wear house, I had a chance to move up and get an office job as a shipping and receving clark. while working on the floor you had pick orders of car and truck tires, some heavy lifting was required
Pros
tirre discount
Cons
I moved
Great work environment
Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 3, 2017
Working at a manufacturing plants allows for great opportunity to get involved in projects. Everyone I worked with was very genuine, knowledgeable and fun to be around.
Fast paced/ stressful
Green Tire Service/ Before Cure Service (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKAugust 2, 2017
We have briefings to let us know what we can expect for the day. A typical day is very hetic depending on the amount of tires are produced on a pacific day. The management is ok you have some days where you think that nothing gets done and some of the decisions that are made might not make sense to you but all in all it is an okay place. The one thing that would get you on edge is when you have spray booths down and the builders are producing more than usual and you don't have enough racks to take to th machines you will get the feeling of self lost.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks, and not enough communication
Stay for a career
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 1, 2017
Michelin hires you for a career instead of a job. You'll notice this when you've been in a role for a few years and you start getting training for future opportunities that haven't even presented themselves yet.
Good job security, average pay, very challenging work environment
Plant Continuous Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 17, 2017
Excellent customer focus. Average pay and health plan. Tire manufacturing is a difficult and competitive field to work. Expect to work nights, weekends at times
Pros
Job Security
A good company to develop with and then leave
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 11, 2017
The work and opportunities are great, and Michelin will invest in your training and development to make you a great employee. The downside is over the years your growth is slow, even for fast track employee so most do not stay long and move on to other companies especially since you will probably make 50% less of a base salary than most industries will pay even in the automotive industry. 2-3% yearly raises is considered good within the company which doesn't even keep up with inflation on most years. If you are fresh out of college, take the job and once you have the experience plan to move on. You are also regarded as inexperienced until you hit the 10 year experience threshold internally, beware!
Pros
Good work and work life balance.
Cons
Horrible Salaries and raises. Benefits keep decreasing every year.
Ok place to work
Tire Inspector (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2017
Relaxed warehouse positions, Intense Inspection positions, dirty but engaging. People are approachable and talkative. Work is repetitive and sometimes hot but there are fans to help keep the place cool.
Pros
company has cookouts on premises
Cons
Management overlooking the necessary errors
stressful, but rewarding
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 3, 2017
Job could be stressful but rewarding. Some unscheduled time expected. Weekend work necessary at times. Good benefits and pay. Very supportive management and personnel department.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
unscheduled overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michelin. Our community is ready to answer.