Michelin Employee Reviews

Work too much for too little
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC 29605July 17, 2016
Too much is placed on individuals in the lower end of the work environment to include but not limited to responsibilities of others, production output, quality, safety, etc. These additions to the titles held should be conpensated for their efforts.
Benefits
Cons
Work for too little.
productive place to work
Machine Operator and Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 25, 2016
employees are good to work with and they would assist you with help if need be,environment is good to work in as well,typical work day was be on our computer monitor we would see what needed to be ran then run that product,i learned to work well with others but the management did little to get things done,some favoritism,the hardest part of the job was the unfairness or favortism
Pros
pay is good
Cons
management is terrible
Great job security
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 3, 2016
Michelin is a great company to work for, only problem is the salaries are not satisfactory. I learned about mold design and manufacturing during my job. The management here is alright, sometimes they make bad decisions without input from employees. My co-workers are great and fun people with the exception of 1 or 2. There are always those people that are difficult to work with. Coming in at 7am in the morning everyday and long hours. The people I work with.
Learning as you go
Cure Correspondent - Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 9, 2016
On the job training .... What do you really know about a job before performing the duties? The only way to gain experience is to put placed in the position and get on the job training.
What I learned when landing this latest position eight years ago was how much it was (for lack of a better word) neglected by the person who previously held the job. Since then (July 2008), I received corporate training, personal mentoring and made great strides to align and improve how the position maintains the standards.
Pros
I have flexible work hours.
Strict Standards and Tough Environment
Weigh Up Operator (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 1, 2016
I am charged with producing the rubber that all michelin tires are made of. The hardest part of my job is a constantly rotating shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job is never working more than three days in a row and having every other weekend off.
Love the job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 26, 2016
they great hours and great people. I learn how to drive a forklift and to operate a machine. I would have to keep up the maintenance and clean the machine. Break every 2 hrs for 15 mins. The job was laid back and I love it. I got 50 hrs a week and it was Monday-Friday. I work there for 2 years but unfortunately I had to leave because I was having car trouble. Other then that great place to work recommend anybody to work there.
Very productive company
Manufacturing Professional (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 15, 2016
Highly demanding and stressful most days. Learned teamwork. Over 14 years there were great managers and some not so great. Learned a lot about work safety. Hardest part was the rotating shifts.
Benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting
A typical day at work
EMT/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 13, 2015
Arrive approximately 30 minutes early to do turnover with the departing guard. Check e-mail. Attend "birdhouse" meeting and discuss any incidents which may have occurred. The rest of the day consists of controlling traffic through the main gate, issuing access badges to visitors, receiving phone calls and directing them to appropriate personnel, acknowledging the IFS alarm system, monitoring the weather computer, conducting periodic respirator fit tests, monitoring monitors with approximately 20 camera views, making security rounds in an ATV and on foot, checking the undercarriage of incoming vehicles with a mirror, after normal working hours providing emergency medical care.
Pros
Phenomenal benefits, job security
Cons
Rotating swing shift
Productive workplace centered around family
Delivery Spoke (Supervisor)/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work can feel very meaningful because I work with other members in management and employees to accomplish our daily goals. The hardest part about the job is the hours switching from days to nights every two weeks.
Pros
Family oriented activities
Cons
Hours/swing shift
Loved the busy work environment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 26, 2016
Very fast paced and I loved working around the people that i was around. I worked everyday and enjoyed going to work and cleaning everything Would love to work there again
Pros
Fast paced and great pay
Cons
Can't think of any
very repetive
Production Operator II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 24, 2016
Michelin was a good place to work, good money and great benefits. My co-workers there were nice. Teamwork was very important. The most enjoyably part of the day was clocking out at 7 am or pm.
forklift Driver
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCOctober 24, 2016
Enjoy driving forklifts and working on them I was a matience man there to exchange the forklift batteris in and out to put them on charge for the next shifts....
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Not enough Hours
Good place to develop foundational knowledge in electronics engineering.
Technical Scholar (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 18, 2016
A typical day might include organizing storage areas, organizing/restocking equipment, repairing/maintaining equipment, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Manual labor
High quality work enviroment
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 6, 2016
A nice company to finish up my career with. Michelin is by far the most safety conscious company that I had worked for. They are and were extremely quality conscious with equipment,work procedures,methods,training personnel, and government regulations, insuring that the tires manufactured were a quality product that was safe to drive on.
Pros
Safe working enviroment
Cons
Productive and fun place to work.
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 15, 2016
This was a fun place to work at because of the flexibility of balancing work and life. Everyone was super nice and helpful.
very productive place to work, opportunities are fulfilling
tire builder (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 18, 2015
very demanding job, very detail, management could definitely improve, rotating shifts are very difficult to get use to, great benefits, great pay could easily be a career move for beginners in the workforce
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks
Good Place to work
Machine cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time with the company and enjoyed all the people that I worked with. I loved my manager she was wonderful. I hated to leave but I was offered I better position at a different company and I had to take it. She even told me to take and was happy for me and my family.
Good Work Place
Tire Builder Technician (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKOctober 16, 2015
Good work Schedule 12 hour shifts in a 2-2-3 increment. Great place to work for along with good job security. Management is great as well as employees in the industry. Good benefits and activities and payed holidays.
Great Company, Long Work Hours, Moderate Pay
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2014
- Training - Amazing world class training, very thorough
- Territory Management - great customers, dependent on location could have a massive territory
- Poor Internal Communication between business units - sometimes it would help bring together a more cohesive plan
- Pay is moderate to low for the amount of revenue and territory size you are responsible for
- Work life balance is rough - lots of reports and too many calls to make
- Coworkers are great, perks are great

Overall it was a great experience
Pros
Training, Coworkers, Perks, Benefits
Cons
Pay, Work life balance, communication
Once you are in a team, you learn great patterns, build team confidence
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 22, 2016
After 12 years, always doing what was asked. If you are female I would tread lightly. Working in an mostly male environment with male management they tend to not understand certain issues with female employment. May it be personal home life which sometimes you have no control over or a way out, or a situation that happens in the plant. Unforeseen circumstances!!! If you work with someone in your shop/group/plant that doesn't like you, they will not do anything to protect you as an employee, regardless if its something you did or didn't do, they are in it to cover their own. Don't tell your personal problems or anything you don't want the plant to hear about. Something's you can't talk to management about. 1. Your are too embarrassed about it an 2. They come up with all the reasons to help you or what you need to do but can't. I lost my job due to a situation i could not get away from, was even attacked in the plant. The sheer embarrassment alone should have shown management what I had been going through... Some compassion in areas but some there isn't...
Pros
Some of the greatest team mates i ever worked with
Cons
Need someone on plant site for employees to talk to, to be more open to, then that person can share with appropriate management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michelin. Our community is ready to answer.