Michelin Employee Reviews

Job culture not friendly to women
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 18, 2017
working for Michelin, I never felt appreciated. I worked hard and was completely overloaded in my job. There was no ability for advancement in my department.
Great Employer
North American Ergonomist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 3, 2017
Great Employer and opportunity! Michelin is a wonderful place to work and believe in a strong work/home life balance. They have strong family beliefs that show all the way to the core of the business.
Productive, interesting place to work!
Tire builder (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 2, 2017
Got plenty of work. Was very interesting to learn about the tire industry. Liked the environment. Safety was a big part of everyone's work place conduct.
Physical
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMarch 12, 2017
This job is very physical and hard on the body. In my opinion it is a young persons job. The benefits and pay are pretty good but is not worth the physical pain.
Pros
Plenty of off time
Cons
breaks
fun
contractor (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, SCMarch 9, 2017
I liked working here, but the manager that was there chose her daughter over everyone else and the daughter pretty much ran it after the manager left, and she was just a employee like everyone else
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
didnt like management
Good place overall to work
Tire Builder (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 1, 2017
A typical day is 12 hours long. Two weeks days and two weeks nights swing shift. I have learned that teamwork is vital when working in a manufacturing industry. Management will work with you. They will listen to your situation and try to help. The workplace is great all the employees get along with one another. The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for 10 out of the 12 hours and lifting heavy objects. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn new things and to work as a team in getting your objectives done. Advancement is difficult to obtain.
Pros
All the shut down time off plus vacation
Cons
swing shift, standing 10 to 12 hours per day
pushed to the limit
Mold Technician (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OK 73401February 28, 2017
I feel management sets the employees up for failure. the new motto is more for less. They keep wanting more production but don't want to update tools in order to meet production needs.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
set up for failure by management
Family oriented work enviroment
Master Planner and Procurer (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 21, 2017
Michelin is a very family oriented company that does offer opportunity to its people who are willing to go out and work for it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
unorganized
Enjoyed my career
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Michelin. The pay was highly competitive for the area I am in. The only reason that I left was because I had a few personal things that had called me out of state.
Pros
Paid breaks. Great pay. Job security. Paid vacation
Cons
Short breaks. Shift rotation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 12, 2017
Great place to work, but too far from my home to continue. Company gives you new and advanced programs, furniture, atmosphere to advance yourself in any direction you want to go. Would love to work at the main branch, much closer to home.
Pros
Company cares about its employees
Cons
45 miles from my house
Outstanding Career Development
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Michelin was/is a company that has old school values but still thrives in a market that has become saturated with very inexpensive tires. Because of the premium product we sold and the ability to cultivate employees into leaders. I can say that I've learned a lot business development and identifying routes to become successful.
Quality supercedes Quantity
MACHINE OPERATOR/ABSENTEE SUB (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 2, 2017
Michelin is a great company to work. Management wants you to succeed. The workplace culture is motivating, mainly because everyone is working towards the same goal. Everyone is motivated to make the highest quality product at a high rate. I learned that everyone's opinion matters. If you have a suggestion on how we can do anything more efficient, safer, or make a process more efficient, it will be taken into consideration into becoming a standard.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, ability to advance in your career
Cons
Depending on department, breaks are limited.
Effort is aprreciated
classpector (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 28, 2017
Twelve hours of classpecting tires to insure safety of the tires and make repairs if needed. How to know when your getting a good tire or a bad tire. Management is great to work with and they respect their workers. The culture is very fascinating because the older veterans of michelin teach you as much as they can. the work schedule is tough for a family especially when a newborn is involved. Working with my fellow staff as they make the shifts go by fast.
Pros
good pay
Cons
schedule is hard on families
productive and fun
hardest part of the day
most enjoyable career
Engaging and challenging
Process Pipeline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 14, 2017
The pipeline approach is an excellent way to introduce young engineers to the company. It also challenges the new employee to make a decision on where they would like to work.
Productive and fun environment
SQL Database Development and DBA (Former Employee) –  INDIA INJanuary 10, 2017
Learnt many technical stuff.
Management was excellent
co-workers were too friendly
hardest part when i was having less work due to customer holidays.
Disorganized management team.SEEM preoccupied with harrassment. The actual drivers were a delight
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Devine, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoyed working with the other drivers and the actual drive. Management seems disorganized i.e. I would show up for work only to be told shift was canceled,etc.
Pros
The drivers were awesome
Cons
Sometimes management would speak at you and not as a person
toxic workplace with poor leadership
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 29, 2016
Michelin has proved to be a toxic workplace with poor leadership throughout many departments. The manager in my department regularly fails to meet the company guidelines for frequency of interaction with the people she supervises. The manager does not treat members of the department equally, does not communicate regularly, and does not complete performance reviews in a timely or appropriate manner. Despite regular consultations with the HR department by multiple members of our team nothing has been done to remedy the situation.
Pros
free hams and turkeys for the holidays, healthcare center on site, generous pay
Cons
ineffective leadership, poor support from HR, little opportunity for merit-based advancement, negative workplace environment
Fine place to work
Business Analyst for Deferred Rebates (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 14, 2016
Worked with stakeholders across Sales, Accounting, Finance, and Legal to define business process needs and deliver objectives both on-time and beyond expectations
Consolidated & relieved accounting responsibilities from 100+ sales representatives
Built Excel Macros to calculate and pay out credits on a wide variety of billing schedules
Built custom customer intelligence reports with the Microsystem DSS Business Analytics platform and Automated report delivery to sales stakeholders
Developed new process & training documentation workflow and standards to accelerate process adoption and onboard trainees.
Great Corporation to Work For
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 22, 2016
During my tenure, I must say that Michelin is a great company to work for. As an Area Sales Manager, your success will be do in part to your desire to work in sales. Many of the tools are provided for one to assess their territory, however, additional training can be done to help with the effective use (working with longer tenured ASM, more tool usage/analysis in training).

My manager was a great individual and willing to help out when times were difficult. They made it there business to not only find out about me and what was going on in my life, but ensured that we were mentally and physically healthy as the job is very demanding.

Colleagues were amazing, and would be willing to help. They were always a phone call/text message away. Whether job related, or personal issues we were able to discuss anything. We would only see each other, collectively, three times a year. It would be good to have more shadowing opportunities to learn more from each other and keep the account management practice fresh.

The most difficult part of the job, in my opinion, can be the customers (tire dealers) that you are serving. Depending on your territory placement, you may have some hardcore businessmen, or blue collar guys needing your help and more down to earth. If the balance is there, I believe the job can be a cinch. It's important to be very organized, as a lot of information comes at you each month.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was correspondence with the men and women at the point-of-sale locations. They are our first line to getting the products sold, and are
  more... genuinely happy to see a representative from Michelin walk through the door.  less
Pros
Great diversity, camaraderie among colleagues, career growth opportunities, health benefits, training and development
Cons
Territory placement (less seasoned ASMs in more mature business market can be disastrous), career growth only seems to be focused in sales, better on-boarding in to new territory

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michelin. Our community is ready to answer.