Michelin Employee Reviews

Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 13, 2016
Great place to work. Great management staff. Great quality products. I would definitely recommend this company to all that want to be a part great company.
Productive and fun place to work.
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 15, 2016
This was a fun place to work at because of the flexibility of balancing work and life. Everyone was super nice and helpful.
Love the job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 26, 2016
they great hours and great people. I learn how to drive a forklift and to operate a machine. I would have to keep up the maintenance and clean the machine. Break every 2 hrs for 15 mins. The job was laid back and I love it. I got 50 hrs a week and it was Monday-Friday. I work there for 2 years but unfortunately I had to leave because I was having car trouble. Other then that great place to work recommend anybody to work there.
Great Company
CAD Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 25, 2016
Great company to work for. The employee comes first. Very flexible with work/life balance and very good pay/benefits.
Pros
flexible work days, on site medical care, good pay and benefits
shift rotation causes imbalance in life, in every aspect
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 18, 2016
The ability to advance in the work place is a plus. The healthcare benefits are also good. However, the shift rotation is very difficult for me. I prefer a job that has a steady, stable work schedule.
benefits
Cons
shift rotation
excellent job
Machine Operator and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 11, 2016
Michelin was a good job to work it offers benefits,and excellent pay, I've learned a lot from Michelin being a good team worker, excellent environment to be around and alot of positive attitude that's in there
Pros
good job to work at
Good Place to work
Machine cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time with the company and enjoyed all the people that I worked with. I loved my manager she was wonderful. I hated to leave but I was offered I better position at a different company and I had to take it. She even told me to take and was happy for me and my family.
Work too much for too little
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC 29605July 17, 2016
Too much is placed on individuals in the lower end of the work environment to include but not limited to responsibilities of others, production output, quality, safety, etc. These additions to the titles held should be conpensated for their efforts.
Benefits
Cons
Work for too little.
Good place to work, but with horrible communication between departments
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 13, 2016
Michelin overall was a great place to work. The company takes great care of its employees and provides them with adequate wages and benefits. The Plant that I worked at suffered from poor management and horrible communication between its departments. I worked a 12 hour rotating shift. Two weeks of dayshift then two weeks of nightshift.
A day at work!
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 11, 2016
Getting to work was the hardest part due to the lack of excitement for the job. I need a job that makes me feel like my production is appreciated.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
gettin to work
Learning as you go
Cure Correspondent - Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 9, 2016
On the job training .... What do you really know about a job before performing the duties? The only way to gain experience is to put placed in the position and get on the job training.
What I learned when landing this latest position eight years ago was how much it was (for lack of a better word) neglected by the person who previously held the job. Since then (July 2008), I received corporate training, personal mentoring and made great strides to align and improve how the position maintains the standards.
Pros
I have flexible work hours.
One of the two best paying jobs in my area
Tire Builder (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 6, 2016
If you like knowing your job security is hanging in the balance and that some management says you're getting a pay cut while the others say they are just restructuring how you get paid, then this is the place for you. Tire building is one of the most physically demanding jobs and those are the people who get treated like unfairly.
Pros
401k match, hourly coworkers
Cons
Health Care Insurance provider, 40+ y/o equipment
good job safe place to work cleanalso
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 23, 2016
Michelin was a good place to work they cared about employees salary was very good and benefits were good friendly environment good coworkers good management
Very productive company
Manufacturing Professional (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 15, 2016
Highly demanding and stressful most days. Learned teamwork. Over 14 years there were great managers and some not so great. Learned a lot about work safety. Hardest part was the rotating shifts.
Benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting
Tire Builder
Tire Builder (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 13, 2016
I work at a high pace environment. I am detail and quality driven. I use computers and machinery daily to complete tasks.
productive place to work
Machine Operator and Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 25, 2016
employees are good to work with and they would assist you with help if need be,environment is good to work in as well,typical work day was be on our computer monitor we would see what needed to be ran then run that product,i learned to work well with others but the management did little to get things done,some favoritism,the hardest part of the job was the unfairness or favortism
Pros
pay is good
Cons
management is terrible
very repetive
Production Operator II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 24, 2016
Michelin was a good place to work, good money and great benefits. My co-workers there were nice. Teamwork was very important. The most enjoyably part of the day was clocking out at 7 am or pm.
Good place to develop foundational knowledge in electronics engineering.
Technical Scholar (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 18, 2016
A typical day might include organizing storage areas, organizing/restocking equipment, repairing/maintaining equipment, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Manual labor
Great place to work!
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, SCMay 18, 2016
Great job! 12 hour swing shifts can get tiresome, but still a great company to work for! Always put the employees first and try to take care of them anyway possible.
Good pay & benefits, but the terrible management
Painter (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 9, 2016
I have been a Michelin employee at the Tuscaloosa factory for 11 years and the pay and benefits are good, but the management is the worst that I have ever worked with. I have never been treated more disrespectfully at any other company that I have ever worked. I have been yelled at, cursed out, and physically intimidated by management. When I complained to upper management and headquarters, they pretend to care, but they do nothing to stop the problems. Michelin forces the employees to rotate shifts every week and work 12 hr weekends, you work half the weekends of the year. I would not recommended anyone to work for this company.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible management, rotating shifts, and 12 hr weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michelin. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval