Michigan Blood

Michigan Blood Employer Reviews

Enjoyable
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: learn alot of new thing always trying to enhance your skills
Cons: no work or life balance
Staff is wonderful people to work with, work in a team setting so you really don't get to work with the same group all the time. Travel to different places that host blood drive, so you get to meet a lot of different people which is cool.
Good culture.
Lab Technician I (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good leadership
Cons: feast and famine workflow
Good cause and great team atmosphere. Good leadership, but irregular hours and feast and famine work flow.
High turnover, low standards
PCS, Level II (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: saving lives
Cons: bad atmosphere
Company continuously removes benefits and adds additional responsibilities without raising pay.

Saving lives is a great feeling but the high stress culture of Michigan Blood can cause morale to suffer.

Donors are happy and bring a lot of positivity to the scene.

Limited opportunites to advance.
Working for/with people and their unique situations keeps me motivated every day......be that on a personal or professional level.
Donor Relation Specialist (Former Employee), Lapeer, Genesee &Shiawassee CountiesJanuary 14, 2014
This was a very high paced job. I traveled a lot throughout my territory soliciting new partnerships, maintaining already established accounts, and providing direction to donors, nursing staff, school personnel, etc.
Everchanging
Donor Service Secretary (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MIJuly 9, 2013
Pros: the benefits of the company are wonderful, and there is always a sense of true caring about the donors
Cons: management changes, and communication of ideas and practices between the branches of the company.
Once senior management is on a clear path, team members should have a sense of calm. Currently the entire field of blood banking is under going intense changes and it is difficult for management to make and communicate changes effectively.
If management like you, then you can advance. If not, watch out.
Not sure what I did? (Former Employee), Midland, MIMay 29, 2013
Pros: can't think of anything good.
Cons: management plays favorites.
If you like working early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays., and favouritism then Michigan Blood is for you.
Unhappy workplace for lab techs
Lab Tech 2 (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 11, 2013
bad management creates unhappy workers in lab. Not conducive for employees.
Doing good in the community
Manager (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: knowing you've helped people
Cons: constant hiring of front-line staff
Management is making changes and trying to put processes in place to make things smoother. Co-workers are friendly and supportive. Most enjoyable - hitting goals and knowing you are helping to save lives.
Maintain Blood Supply for many hospitals.
State-wide Call Center Manager (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: knowing you've helped people
Cons: constant hiring of front-line staff
A typical day starts no later than 9:30a and ends about 7p. There is a lot of stress and pressure to get the right blood products and the quantity needed each day from volunteer donors. I've learned to manage a large staff and juggle the management of scheduled donors. Management is making changes and trying to put processes in place to make things – more... smoother. Co-workers are friendly and supportive. Hardest part of the job is work/life balance and always chasing a number. Most enjoyable - hitting goals and knowing you are helping to save lives. – less
Excellent company for which to work!
Donor Contact Representative (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 5, 2012
I loved the two years I spend at Michigan Blood. They have excellent managers and a staff that is always so friendly. They are constantly moving in the right direction, and the job security there is excellent. They have worked dilligently in the past few years to adjust pay scales (to the higher end) and increase/fix benefits packages.
Great Company
Manager of Donor Services (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 25, 2012
Pros: great foundation, strategic plan and finacial stability
Cons: no managent training
Great company! I feel that the company needed many changes which the new CEO provided but I feel that there was no support of previous middle managent nor adequate training as the focus so far was primarily on line staff. I also feel their was no loyalty to the management team that was not hired by the new CEO or his hired administration.

I really – more... enjoyed the 13 year I working at Michigan Blood and I thoroughly support their mission and vision for the future. – less
Wonderful place for someone who doesn't mind seeing blood on a daily basis
Grand Rapids, MI (Former Employee), Preparation AideNovember 4, 2011
Pros: new faces, friednly people
Cons: no lunch breaks, short shifts
Other than a few of the phlebotomists being rude, this was all in all a great place to work. You get to meet new people everyday and nothing is ever the same. the management staff makes sure that you are taken care of and as a volunteer, you do get paid for the miles you drive to different sites.