Michigan Community VNA Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Vna provided quality homecare.
REVENUE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MIOctober 8, 2013
I enjoyed working for mi community vna formerly known as visiting nurse association. I started at a entry level position, proving that I had good work habits and an outstanding attendance record in which it resulted in the many promotions and recognition I received. In regards to team building, managers and co-workers worked together to achieve the same goal, that was providing quality care to our patients. Vna allowed me to attend offsite seminars in regards to the insurance companies' policies and procedures and their websites. I am currently enrolled in the online medicare courses to enhance my medicare knowledge with the ongoing new policies and procedures. A typical day was medical billing, cash posting, claim inquiries, creating excel spreadsheets tracking un-billed claims and their reasons why they were not billed. Notifying the professional staff of missing information and informing them the steps needed in order to create a clean claim or correct a claim that was returned to the provider for corrections. Maintaining the accounts and receivable reports. Reported expected cash to the chief financial officer.
Pros
HEALTHCARE, PTO TIME, TEAM BUILDING
Cons
I DID NOT ALWAYS FILL COMFORTABLE TAKING PTO TIME OFF, LEAVING WORK BEHIND CAUSING DELAYS IN CERTAIN AREAS.
VNA has always been about high quality home care service.
Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MISeptember 16, 2013
Processing nurse and therapy visits timely so that i could bill for home care visits. I was just learning how to post cash in our system. I enjoyed working with co-workers and management team they all were positive and hard workers who believe in getting the job done correctly and timely. The hardest part of the job. Would be when i back up the receptionist and receive calls from hospice family members. I enjoy making negative into positive when payments come in from my billing.
Pros
Free jean day on every 4th friday
Good place to work.
Business Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 25, 2013
Scheduling for patient care was the beginning of the day. Working with others taught me to cope with different personalities on a daily basic. Management was challenging, required changes in policies and procedures to make smoother office flow. Co-workers were helpful.
Pros
Had good advancements for higher positions.
Cons
Lay offs and changes often.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michigan Community VNA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5